Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unknown Video Games
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well, I shall now talk all about Petz Catz 2. That joy of a wii game has kept me entertained for countless hours. While the plotline if fairly simple, it's nice to just play through. Pretty calming too.
Well, I shall now talk all about Petz Catz 2. That joy of a wii game has kept me entertained for countless hours. While the plotline if fairly simple, it's nice to just play through. Pretty calming too.

nfZCrZ4.png
I dont mind being pinged!
Fossil Fighter for the DS! I've only ever seen it mentioned once in the past 8 or so years and I would have forgotten about it completely if I hadn't stumbled upon it the other day
Fossil Fighter for the DS! I've only ever seen it mentioned once in the past 8 or so years and I would have forgotten about it completely if I hadn't stumbled upon it the other day
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
Kameo: Elements of Power

This game was a HUGE staple of my childhood! Kameo was originally going to be a mascot for the Xbox, and later on Rare was planning on making a sequel for the game. With the game relatively complete, it was then decided that instead, the game would be for the Xbox 360. Many of the planned features were exempt from the game as the developers didn't simply switch ports, but rather started development from scratch. A very foolish move if you ask me. The game brings me an astonishing amount of nostalgia, but compared to what it could have been... yeah. But I digress.

I highly recommend checking it out. It has a beautiful OST and for a 2005 game, it has stunning graphics. Some of my earliest gaming memories are fluttering around the Enchanted Kingdom and riding around in the Badlands just so I could hear the area music. It's a wonderful game despite its shortcomings, and I'm so glad it was a part of childhood. It's definitely one of the reasons I love fantasy as much as I do. If you ask me, this game is truly a hidden gem.
Kameo: Elements of Power

This game was a HUGE staple of my childhood! Kameo was originally going to be a mascot for the Xbox, and later on Rare was planning on making a sequel for the game. With the game relatively complete, it was then decided that instead, the game would be for the Xbox 360. Many of the planned features were exempt from the game as the developers didn't simply switch ports, but rather started development from scratch. A very foolish move if you ask me. The game brings me an astonishing amount of nostalgia, but compared to what it could have been... yeah. But I digress.

I highly recommend checking it out. It has a beautiful OST and for a 2005 game, it has stunning graphics. Some of my earliest gaming memories are fluttering around the Enchanted Kingdom and riding around in the Badlands just so I could hear the area music. It's a wonderful game despite its shortcomings, and I'm so glad it was a part of childhood. It's definitely one of the reasons I love fantasy as much as I do. If you ask me, this game is truly a hidden gem.
spinning_fjord.gif she/her, 3+ FR time
please ping me in forums
support empoleon supremacy
qilin subspecies
lore thread
shop
Ihatovo Monogatari/The Stories of Ihatovo

Even if you're into SNES you've probably not heard of this one, but the style may be familiar to more modern games. It presents itself simiar to a top-down action RPG, but there is no battle. Instead, it revolves around several short stories by Kenji Miyazawa. This plays out very simularly to an adventure game: walk around and talk to the people and animals, collect items, use items, find the missing journals. Each chapter focuses on one story.

Obviously this game was only in Japan or else it would've been hailed on the same boat as Earthbound, but there's a teriffic translation patch found here: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/4116/

If you'd rather a youtube video, SNESDrunk gives a talk about it here: https://youtu.be/LNp0n6LAGSY
Ihatovo Monogatari/The Stories of Ihatovo

Even if you're into SNES you've probably not heard of this one, but the style may be familiar to more modern games. It presents itself simiar to a top-down action RPG, but there is no battle. Instead, it revolves around several short stories by Kenji Miyazawa. This plays out very simularly to an adventure game: walk around and talk to the people and animals, collect items, use items, find the missing journals. Each chapter focuses on one story.

Obviously this game was only in Japan or else it would've been hailed on the same boat as Earthbound, but there's a teriffic translation patch found here: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/4116/

If you'd rather a youtube video, SNESDrunk gives a talk about it here: https://youtu.be/LNp0n6LAGSY
My writing project.
[img]https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/250320/capsule_616x353.jpg[/img] One of the fastest games I have ever played through because it was THAT good. I played it on my PS Vita, which I no longer have and which games are no longer made for. But The Wolf Among Us is on various platforms! Definitely recommend this game~
capsule_616x353.jpg

One of the fastest games I have ever played through because it was THAT good. I played it on my PS Vita, which I no longer have and which games are no longer made for. But The Wolf Among Us is on various platforms! Definitely recommend this game~
57f56836f988df2a918b59df7a778cd51cc19bbe.png
@Witch0fDoom

did somebody saaaay Drawn to Life???

that game, along with Pokemon Diamond and SPORE for the PC, defined my adolescence.

I played the DS sequel but not the Wii version.

Drawn to Life was also one of the first fictional stories that made me cry...the song at the end is BRUTAL

and the Drawn to Life: Next Chapter ending hits like a freight train.
@Witch0fDoom

did somebody saaaay Drawn to Life???

that game, along with Pokemon Diamond and SPORE for the PC, defined my adolescence.

I played the DS sequel but not the Wii version.

Drawn to Life was also one of the first fictional stories that made me cry...the song at the end is BRUTAL

and the Drawn to Life: Next Chapter ending hits like a freight train.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@Iokharic
YES YES YES EXACTLY, AND SAME! My first pokemon was emerald but I have so many more memories of Diamond. I never played the Wii drawn to life either but i played so much of the other two omg....
Also scribblenauts, which was made by the same studio!!
@Iokharic
YES YES YES EXACTLY, AND SAME! My first pokemon was emerald but I have so many more memories of Diamond. I never played the Wii drawn to life either but i played so much of the other two omg....
Also scribblenauts, which was made by the same studio!!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
@Witch0fDoom

Scribblenauts! I got into that one later than DtL but I did very much enjoy it. Also Scribblenauts Unlimited for the PC...such a fun game. Of course half the fun is summoning absolute nonsense to solve the puzzles. Oh, the doctor needs to do surgery? Summon a chainsaw!!
@Witch0fDoom

Scribblenauts! I got into that one later than DtL but I did very much enjoy it. Also Scribblenauts Unlimited for the PC...such a fun game. Of course half the fun is summoning absolute nonsense to solve the puzzles. Oh, the doctor needs to do surgery? Summon a chainsaw!!
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
[quote name="Iokharic" date="2020-11-04 19:26:05" ] @Witch0fDoom Scribblenauts! I got into that one later than DtL but I did very much enjoy it. Also Scribblenauts Unlimited for the PC...such a fun game. Of course half the fun is summoning absolute nonsense to solve the puzzles. Oh, the doctor needs to do surgery? Summon a chainsaw!! [/quote] YESSSs I vividly remember trying to see how many problems I could solve with some variation of a trex
Iokharic wrote on 2020-11-04 19:26:05:
@Witch0fDoom

YESSSs
I vividly remember trying to see how many problems I could solve with some variation of a trex
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
Pretty much any game from the Ace Combat franchise... It doesn't help that it's currently one of my hyperfixations OTL
The soundtracks and gameplay are great for a game where all you do is fly a plane around lol

Speaking of soundtracks... Evergrace is a pretty obscure game with probably one of the strangest OSTs I've ever heard (example) That game's whole vibe just makes me love and appreciate it even more

(going to make a small addition here to mention Chulip... Old PS2 game where you kiss people and sometimes not-people. Great soundtrack and quirky characters/mechanics)
Pretty much any game from the Ace Combat franchise... It doesn't help that it's currently one of my hyperfixations OTL
The soundtracks and gameplay are great for a game where all you do is fly a plane around lol

Speaking of soundtracks... Evergrace is a pretty obscure game with probably one of the strangest OSTs I've ever heard (example) That game's whole vibe just makes me love and appreciate it even more

(going to make a small addition here to mention Chulip... Old PS2 game where you kiss people and sometimes not-people. Great soundtrack and quirky characters/mechanics)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8