Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Gender help??
1 2
JaydeWing The dragon
heyo
bigender fella here!

just had a question
being bigender i identify as both male and female which has brought my romantic orientation into question

i know im into guys
but idk what term to use
im part guy so liking guys makes me gay right?
but im also part girl so it makes me straight??
i understand androromantic exists
but it refers to masculinity not males
and i like guys of all expression especially bigenders and femmes
what term do i use?

any help would be appreciated :›
JaydeWing The dragon
heyo
bigender fella here!

just had a question
being bigender i identify as both male and female which has brought my romantic orientation into question

i know im into guys
but idk what term to use
im part guy so liking guys makes me gay right?
but im also part girl so it makes me straight??
i understand androromantic exists
but it refers to masculinity not males
and i like guys of all expression especially bigenders and femmes
what term do i use?

any help would be appreciated :›
« Jay »

* Neurodiverse,weird,rather nice guy,so far in the closet i actually rule narnia
* Australian as hecc
* God bless, fellow hoomans
Do you need to describe it in a single word? Would just "likes men/into guys" work?
Do you need to describe it in a single word? Would just "likes men/into guys" work?
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@JaydeTheDragon I'm afraid I can't help you with your question. Perhaps people of the LGBT community can help you out.

@JaydeTheDragon I'm afraid I can't help you with your question. Perhaps people of the LGBT community can help you out.

SucsPGh.gif

-» Adopt
-» Selling/trading
-» Free Hug

bvARspx.gif
@Lonin
i could say that though im really looking for a proper term or something i can use

@faeninaa
yeah i already asked nobody could come up with anything and now the question is buried oof
@Lonin
i could say that though im really looking for a proper term or something i can use

@faeninaa
yeah i already asked nobody could come up with anything and now the question is buried oof
« Jay »

* Neurodiverse,weird,rather nice guy,so far in the closet i actually rule narnia
* Australian as hecc
* God bless, fellow hoomans
@JaydeTheDragon Seems like being into guys is as much of a proper term as anything else :D But if you really want to describe something kinda complicated in one word then google tells us that androsexual can be used to refer to attraction to men of any expression and not just masculinity so you could use it in that way if you think that fits you best. Or you could choose whichever you prefer out of gay or straight and change it if you feel you need to. You don't have to pick one word and stick with it forever.
There are whole wikis and lists and stuff out there with various terms in, maybe you could try browsing through one of those and see if anything stands out?
@JaydeTheDragon Seems like being into guys is as much of a proper term as anything else :D But if you really want to describe something kinda complicated in one word then google tells us that androsexual can be used to refer to attraction to men of any expression and not just masculinity so you could use it in that way if you think that fits you best. Or you could choose whichever you prefer out of gay or straight and change it if you feel you need to. You don't have to pick one word and stick with it forever.
There are whole wikis and lists and stuff out there with various terms in, maybe you could try browsing through one of those and see if anything stands out?
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@JaydeTheDragon I don't intent you insult you or anything like, I only try to help. But I all I could find on LGBTQ Gender Identities that kind of matches you is;

Gender fluid– adj. : : gender fluid is a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is gender fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more man some days, and more woman other days.

Note that Gender identities doesn't mention gender attraction (?).

Remember; You are awesome!
@JaydeTheDragon I don't intent you insult you or anything like, I only try to help. But I all I could find on LGBTQ Gender Identities that kind of matches you is;

Gender fluid– adj. : : gender fluid is a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is gender fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more man some days, and more woman other days.

Note that Gender identities doesn't mention gender attraction (?).

Remember; You are awesome!
SucsPGh.gif

-» Adopt
-» Selling/trading
-» Free Hug

bvARspx.gif
@JaydeTheDragon
There is androsexual and/or androromantic, which tends to be just attraction to males in general
@JaydeTheDragon
There is androsexual and/or androromantic, which tends to be just attraction to males in general
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@Jaydethedragon Eeey fellow bigender peep.

I don't think there is a good term for it tbh. The best term I've heard in Shrödingers Queer, 'cause we're gay and straight at the same time no matter who we're attracted to (well, except for asexuals I guess). And it's a funny conversation twist. Androsexual is certainly used for being attracted to guys in general, but it's also a word used for beign attracted to androgynous people... English isn't really a great language to be queer in lol. There are still a lot of words that are still needed, or haven't settled in properly yet.
@Jaydethedragon Eeey fellow bigender peep.

I don't think there is a good term for it tbh. The best term I've heard in Shrödingers Queer, 'cause we're gay and straight at the same time no matter who we're attracted to (well, except for asexuals I guess). And it's a funny conversation twist. Androsexual is certainly used for being attracted to guys in general, but it's also a word used for beign attracted to androgynous people... English isn't really a great language to be queer in lol. There are still a lot of words that are still needed, or haven't settled in properly yet.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
@JaydeTheDragon I can offer much help, but some people in the LGBT thread might be able to.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1890690/273#post_44785625
@JaydeTheDragon I can offer much help, but some people in the LGBT thread might be able to.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1890690/273#post_44785625
Live for today, gone tomorrow.
swclpXz.jpg
That's me.
shoutout fellow nb peeps! i'm also nonbinary, if not bigender (i'm more in the gendervoid realm, which is what i like to call it) & attracted to mostly women.

gay essentially function as an umbrella term for any type of non-straight orientation, in my experience. most other nonbinary people i know ID as gay (occasionally on top of more specific descriptors if they feel like they apply) because it basically communicates 'my sexuality is some form of not heterosexual.' queer is also an umbrella term that encompasses anyone LGBTQ+ & can be used by anyone in the community! i like to use both of the aforementioned words.

a couple of people have mentioned androromantic here, which is a good specific word if you find it describes your experience, i just want to let you know it's totally fine to call yourself gay! words to describe sexuality weren't really devised with nonbinary people in mind so imo getting embroiled in the specifics of the definitions with how they mention gender isn't always useful.
shoutout fellow nb peeps! i'm also nonbinary, if not bigender (i'm more in the gendervoid realm, which is what i like to call it) & attracted to mostly women.

gay essentially function as an umbrella term for any type of non-straight orientation, in my experience. most other nonbinary people i know ID as gay (occasionally on top of more specific descriptors if they feel like they apply) because it basically communicates 'my sexuality is some form of not heterosexual.' queer is also an umbrella term that encompasses anyone LGBTQ+ & can be used by anyone in the community! i like to use both of the aforementioned words.

a couple of people have mentioned androromantic here, which is a good specific word if you find it describes your experience, i just want to let you know it's totally fine to call yourself gay! words to describe sexuality weren't really devised with nonbinary people in mind so imo getting embroiled in the specifics of the definitions with how they mention gender isn't always useful.
tumblr_pno310X5GF1y0vk45o1_250.png
they/them
1 2