Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Worst sting/bite you've ever gotten?
1 2 3
Have you ever been stung and/or bitten by something? If so, what's the worst one you've ever had? I'm curious to know!

(Here's mine! Warning for mentions of bugs, particularly scorpions)
I live in Arizona and have for almost my entire life. Now, considering Arizona is a desert, there's of course scorpions. The particular ones that live near my house are known as Arizona bark scorpions, which are very common to find especially at night. It's always best to wear shoes outside, since you never know when a scorpion might come out.

Now, imagine me, a young kid who didn't know better one night and decided to go out barefoot in the night and without any light source, knowing full well that scorpions are most active at night. The area I was walking on never really had many scorpions on it, since it was close to my pool, so I thought I wouldn't run into one. Unfortunately, I did but I didn't realize it was a scorpion until after a couple of minutes.

I thought it was just a thorn that had gotten into my foot but after my entire leg went numb and that I also found a scorpion in the same spot I thought I stepped on a thorn. Luckily, it wasn't anything serious and the numbness went away but man, was that a bad time. :(
Have you ever been stung and/or bitten by something? If so, what's the worst one you've ever had? I'm curious to know!

(Here's mine! Warning for mentions of bugs, particularly scorpions)
I live in Arizona and have for almost my entire life. Now, considering Arizona is a desert, there's of course scorpions. The particular ones that live near my house are known as Arizona bark scorpions, which are very common to find especially at night. It's always best to wear shoes outside, since you never know when a scorpion might come out.

Now, imagine me, a young kid who didn't know better one night and decided to go out barefoot in the night and without any light source, knowing full well that scorpions are most active at night. The area I was walking on never really had many scorpions on it, since it was close to my pool, so I thought I wouldn't run into one. Unfortunately, I did but I didn't realize it was a scorpion until after a couple of minutes.

I thought it was just a thorn that had gotten into my foot but after my entire leg went numb and that I also found a scorpion in the same spot I thought I stepped on a thorn. Luckily, it wasn't anything serious and the numbness went away but man, was that a bad time. :(
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
Man, I don't even want to think about what I'd do if I got stung by a scorpion. The panic alone would probably bowl me over.

I got stung by a small centipede once. I was in bed and felt something crawling along the side of my leg. I thought it was just a little bug or something, so I shook it off.

A moment later, I feel a weird pressure on my little toe, like someone's pushing down on it with their fingernail -- and then it explodes into absolute pain. I thrash around for a little bit, manage not to scream and wake everyone else up, and then I roll out of bed and hop on one foot towards the bathroom. I shove my foot under the shower, and honestly at this point I'm too scared to look at it because it genuinely feels like the skin has been ripped open and the bone's poking out.

Finally, I managed to look down...and to my pleasant surprise, there's no bone poking out, the skin isn't even broken. But my left little toe's swelling up and turning purple, and it's still too painful to put weight on. I'm beginning to feel little stabbing pains going up from my foot and through my leg.

Still on one foot, I hop downstairs, heat a bowl of water in the microwave, and start applying hot compresses. I find the little centipede later at the foot of my bed; apparently I managed to kill it while I was flailing about. Darned if I was going to sleep in that bed again, though, especially since I wasn't sure if I was allergic to the venom or not. I stumbled into my parents' room instead and poked my mom awake. I figured that if I started having a bad allergic reaction, she'd at least have an idea of what to do.

"Hey, can I sleep here? A centipede bit me."

She just groans, "Oh noooooo" and then rolls over to make some space. I go to sleep with my foot hanging off the side of the bed because it still hurts a lot. I was pretty lucky the next day was my day off. I spent it hobbling around on one foot, but the pain had largely subsided the day after that.

Funnily enough, my brother also got bitten by a centipede a few months later. We did the hot-compress thing again; he spent the better part of an hour lying on the couch and mumbling things that didn't really make any sense. I didn't really understand the phrase "writhing in pain" until I saw him pedaling his legs in the air as though he were on an invisible unicycle. "Oh, so that's what it looks like."
Man, I don't even want to think about what I'd do if I got stung by a scorpion. The panic alone would probably bowl me over.

I got stung by a small centipede once. I was in bed and felt something crawling along the side of my leg. I thought it was just a little bug or something, so I shook it off.

A moment later, I feel a weird pressure on my little toe, like someone's pushing down on it with their fingernail -- and then it explodes into absolute pain. I thrash around for a little bit, manage not to scream and wake everyone else up, and then I roll out of bed and hop on one foot towards the bathroom. I shove my foot under the shower, and honestly at this point I'm too scared to look at it because it genuinely feels like the skin has been ripped open and the bone's poking out.

Finally, I managed to look down...and to my pleasant surprise, there's no bone poking out, the skin isn't even broken. But my left little toe's swelling up and turning purple, and it's still too painful to put weight on. I'm beginning to feel little stabbing pains going up from my foot and through my leg.

Still on one foot, I hop downstairs, heat a bowl of water in the microwave, and start applying hot compresses. I find the little centipede later at the foot of my bed; apparently I managed to kill it while I was flailing about. Darned if I was going to sleep in that bed again, though, especially since I wasn't sure if I was allergic to the venom or not. I stumbled into my parents' room instead and poked my mom awake. I figured that if I started having a bad allergic reaction, she'd at least have an idea of what to do.

"Hey, can I sleep here? A centipede bit me."

She just groans, "Oh noooooo" and then rolls over to make some space. I go to sleep with my foot hanging off the side of the bed because it still hurts a lot. I was pretty lucky the next day was my day off. I spent it hobbling around on one foot, but the pain had largely subsided the day after that.

Funnily enough, my brother also got bitten by a centipede a few months later. We did the hot-compress thing again; he spent the better part of an hour lying on the couch and mumbling things that didn't really make any sense. I didn't really understand the phrase "writhing in pain" until I saw him pedaling his legs in the air as though he were on an invisible unicycle. "Oh, so that's what it looks like."
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I haven't been stung many times, but the worst time I actually did get stung was by a couple of yellowjackets within a few minutes of each other. I guess I had made them mad, and one got me on my big toe and on my calf. My whole leg pretty well swelled up and was bummed out for like a week. It was awful.
I haven't been stung many times, but the worst time I actually did get stung was by a couple of yellowjackets within a few minutes of each other. I guess I had made them mad, and one got me on my big toe and on my calf. My whole leg pretty well swelled up and was bummed out for like a week. It was awful.
sYJ7QdI.png
pretty sure I have a flea infestation cause we can’t seem to get rid of them my poor doge babies and I’m getting bit like hell
pretty sure I have a flea infestation cause we can’t seem to get rid of them my poor doge babies and I’m getting bit like hell
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
The worst I've experienced is accidentally stepping in a fire ant bed. One fire ant is okay, even if it does sting a while. A small fire ant bed would've been okay, too. If you step in a large fire ant bed, however (these beds grow to be the size of an infant, sometimes larger), they swarm, and your legs are covered in them. The natural response is to swat them off, to which they respond by crawling onto your arms, as well.

My legs were covered in small blisters for the day. Thankfully it mostly left an itching sensation after everything, but the stings at the time were extremely painful. Needless to say mini-me was a lot more wary of walking around my grandparents' house after that.
The worst I've experienced is accidentally stepping in a fire ant bed. One fire ant is okay, even if it does sting a while. A small fire ant bed would've been okay, too. If you step in a large fire ant bed, however (these beds grow to be the size of an infant, sometimes larger), they swarm, and your legs are covered in them. The natural response is to swat them off, to which they respond by crawling onto your arms, as well.

My legs were covered in small blisters for the day. Thankfully it mostly left an itching sensation after everything, but the stings at the time were extremely painful. Needless to say mini-me was a lot more wary of walking around my grandparents' house after that.
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
Twitter | DeviantArt |Have a good day! :D
Got stung in the armpit by a wasp. Just a very uncomfortable place to be attacked.
Got stung in the armpit by a wasp. Just a very uncomfortable place to be attacked.
9iqeDz7.png
Definitely wasn't that bad but it happened somewhat recently. I was walking home from work and I saw this wasp flying and I moved out of its path. But it turns out it was caught in my hair! I didn't even notice until I tried to tie my hair up and it stung me. It was my hair, so rude!
Definitely wasn't that bad but it happened somewhat recently. I was walking home from work and I saw this wasp flying and I moved out of its path. But it turns out it was caught in my hair! I didn't even notice until I tried to tie my hair up and it stung me. It was my hair, so rude!
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
There was a HUGE creek by my house when i was a kid, like...100 feet across, 6 foot deep at its deepest kinda huge. I would go swimming a lot, but one year, there were lots of jellyfish called sea nettles. I didnt notice until i swam right through a big one, and MAN do those things smart </3
There was a HUGE creek by my house when i was a kid, like...100 feet across, 6 foot deep at its deepest kinda huge. I would go swimming a lot, but one year, there were lots of jellyfish called sea nettles. I didnt notice until i swam right through a big one, and MAN do those things smart </3
F9gZfad.png
darcy | fr+3  pings & comments ok!
okay so i live in finland and the mosquito problem in the summer is.... wow. on their own like one or two bites is fine but this summer literally every inch of myself that i hadnt covered was bitten to heck (and theyre huge mosquitoes too, the bites were like the size of a small skittle) when we were at my grandparents-in-laws' house in the forest we went outside to grill something and i literally stood in the smoke of the fire because i knew those suckers wouldnt go in and bite me there. i know it doesnt count as like, a single incident but it sucked so bad no pun intended

i also was once bitten by my corn snake lol, i had a friend over and i guess it spooked him and he bit down on my finger and wouldnt let go. it didnt hurt that much...? but it did end up leaving a little mark which kinda surprised me
okay so i live in finland and the mosquito problem in the summer is.... wow. on their own like one or two bites is fine but this summer literally every inch of myself that i hadnt covered was bitten to heck (and theyre huge mosquitoes too, the bites were like the size of a small skittle) when we were at my grandparents-in-laws' house in the forest we went outside to grill something and i literally stood in the smoke of the fire because i knew those suckers wouldnt go in and bite me there. i know it doesnt count as like, a single incident but it sucked so bad no pun intended

i also was once bitten by my corn snake lol, i had a friend over and i guess it spooked him and he bit down on my finger and wouldnt let go. it didnt hurt that much...? but it did end up leaving a little mark which kinda surprised me
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->US0Sr1.pngy2grU1.pngzEgVd1.pngunknown.png
(Spider and Yellow Jacket warning)

1. I woke up one morning and my ankle and some of my foot was bright, bright red and swollen. I have no idea what caused it, but I'm thinking a spider of some kind? Anywho, my foot was very itchy and swollen for about a week, and it sucked because I had to walk around school like that :/

2. When I was a little kid, around maybe 5 or 6, I sat on a yellow jacket :( It was completely by accident. I was being "sneaky" and trying to spy on my sister who was on the computer. I sat under a rocking chair we had and there just happened to be a yellow jacket under it. I didn't see it, I sat on it, and it stung me. Serves me right for trying to be a little snoop haha
(Spider and Yellow Jacket warning)

1. I woke up one morning and my ankle and some of my foot was bright, bright red and swollen. I have no idea what caused it, but I'm thinking a spider of some kind? Anywho, my foot was very itchy and swollen for about a week, and it sucked because I had to walk around school like that :/

2. When I was a little kid, around maybe 5 or 6, I sat on a yellow jacket :( It was completely by accident. I was being "sneaky" and trying to spy on my sister who was on the computer. I sat under a rocking chair we had and there just happened to be a yellow jacket under it. I didn't see it, I sat on it, and it stung me. Serves me right for trying to be a little snoop haha
FTuaU7Y.png
1 2 3