Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Free art programs?
1 2 3
i second krita, its what i use for basically all my art now, but firealpaca was also nice when i used it, i just like the way textured brushes work on krita more. krita can be a tad confusing at first but thats just how it is with all programs for me. firealpaca definitely feels more simple, to me at least, and works well for people who want something clean and straightforward
i second krita, its what i use for basically all my art now, but firealpaca was also nice when i used it, i just like the way textured brushes work on krita more. krita can be a tad confusing at first but thats just how it is with all programs for me. firealpaca definitely feels more simple, to me at least, and works well for people who want something clean and straightforward
I use Ibis Paint on my IPad and used to use Medibang on my laptop! Personally really like Ibis Paint but I plan on buying Procreate for my IPad soon, I believe Ibis Paint is also on PC? It's great for being free!
I use Ibis Paint on my IPad and used to use Medibang on my laptop! Personally really like Ibis Paint but I plan on buying Procreate for my IPad soon, I believe Ibis Paint is also on PC? It's great for being free!
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gif
    TATI
    SHE/HER
    FR+2
    I breed too many dragons for my own good
I personally use Krita, I also used Medibang for quite awhile beforehand.
Krita has more to it when it comes to textured brushes and stuff though it is a bit laggy for me, and Medibang was always faster on my computer but less brush options so I needed to switch it up

As for mobile I've used both Medibang's mobile version and Ibis Paint, they both work well but I think Ibis Paint works a bit better when it comes to mobile in my experience
I personally use Krita, I also used Medibang for quite awhile beforehand.
Krita has more to it when it comes to textured brushes and stuff though it is a bit laggy for me, and Medibang was always faster on my computer but less brush options so I needed to switch it up

As for mobile I've used both Medibang's mobile version and Ibis Paint, they both work well but I think Ibis Paint works a bit better when it comes to mobile in my experience
She/her | 3+ FR Time | Art!

72rKK.gif
I used to use Krita, and it's great. I liked it the most out of free art programs I could find. It has a great variety of brushes, you can do shading and blending pretty easily, and is quite intuitive.
I used to use Krita, and it's great. I liked it the most out of free art programs I could find. It has a great variety of brushes, you can do shading and blending pretty easily, and is quite intuitive.
675.png

♥ My webcomic on : tapas | webtoons
Familiars Questart igart dump carrd
Krita, Autodesk Sketch book and Firealpaca are all pretty decent.

Krita, Autodesk Sketch book and Firealpaca are all pretty decent.

rSJg2ds.jpgezykfzF.jpg
I've been using Krita and I find it's really good! Biased tho, because it's the first free art program I've tried and have yet to try out others.
I've been using Krita and I find it's really good! Biased tho, because it's the first free art program I've tried and have yet to try out others.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
i'm a bit biased since i've only been able to try two, but i recommend medibang! there are a lot more brushes you can download if you make an account for it (the acc is free as well)
firealpaca is good if you want to animate, but i prefer medi
i'm a bit biased since i've only been able to try two, but i recommend medibang! there are a lot more brushes you can download if you make an account for it (the acc is free as well)
firealpaca is good if you want to animate, but i prefer medi
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
I really like Medibang for most art and FireAlpaca for animation (it glitches out for me sometimes so I don't usually draw with it, though other people I know who use it don't have that problem). Krita is really awesome in terms of the brushes and tools it has but I also find it pretty glitchy/finicky to use.
I really like Medibang for most art and FireAlpaca for animation (it glitches out for me sometimes so I don't usually draw with it, though other people I know who use it don't have that problem). Krita is really awesome in terms of the brushes and tools it has but I also find it pretty glitchy/finicky to use.
I can definitely recommend Krita, if You have drawing tablet!
It's amazing, have many brushes, options and You can even animate in it.
You have to learn how to use it of course, but when You'll know better this programm it's as good as PhotoShop~
I can definitely recommend Krita, if You have drawing tablet!
It's amazing, have many brushes, options and You can even animate in it.
You have to learn how to use it of course, but when You'll know better this programm it's as good as PhotoShop~
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
Krita is a great art app. Lots of buttons but really good
Krita is a great art app. Lots of buttons but really good
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
1 2 3