Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Free art programs?
1 2 3
I've always used MS Paint to draw stuff and, let's face it, it's kind of terrible. (I mean, my art isn't too bad on it, but I'm too nervous to publicly post it, so others can't judge it to see if that's true)
Maybe it'd be a good idea to try out an actual art program. So I was wondering if there were any free art programs you can get. I've tried out FireAlpaca before and that's about it. Anyone have other suggestions?
I've always used MS Paint to draw stuff and, let's face it, it's kind of terrible. (I mean, my art isn't too bad on it, but I'm too nervous to publicly post it, so others can't judge it to see if that's true)
Maybe it'd be a good idea to try out an actual art program. So I was wondering if there were any free art programs you can get. I've tried out FireAlpaca before and that's about it. Anyone have other suggestions?
9s8wmF5.png z6OgJbN.png
iuEBSJ3.png
OETsgJU.png
Pgv53XB.png
2VtxnMX.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
cdqdRxL.png
ll0CfnD.png
3M48cU6.png
image.png
oNrZjs5.png
8GgdVkW.png
image.png
PQqYbln.png
gP8rZcU.png Note for forum games: I have dragons in both my main den and hibernal den!
Personally I use Autodesk Sketchbook. I've heard good things about Krita too. ^^
Personally I use Autodesk Sketchbook. I've heard good things about Krita too. ^^
I hear good things about GIMP and FireAlpaca.
I hear good things about GIMP and FireAlpaca.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I use Medibang personally! It's a lot like Fire Alpaca, but I prefer it slightly ^^
If you're looking for something a bit more complex though, I recommend Krita! :0 It's got a load of brushes/filters and some other really neat features too!
I use Medibang personally! It's a lot like Fire Alpaca, but I prefer it slightly ^^
If you're looking for something a bit more complex though, I recommend Krita! :0 It's got a load of brushes/filters and some other really neat features too!
i use paint. net (god i keep forgetting fr keeps making it into a link even though its not)!! though mostly because im so used to it. its really simple but easy to learn and also has like a kajillion plugins! if you decide on that you def should get some plugins
i use paint. net (god i keep forgetting fr keeps making it into a link even though its not)!! though mostly because im so used to it. its really simple but easy to learn and also has like a kajillion plugins! if you decide on that you def should get some plugins
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
FireAlpaca or Medibang!! they're both amazing! :)
FireAlpaca or Medibang!! they're both amazing! :)
awbkQt8.gif
I've been using Firealpaca for years now, no problems with it at all! And it's free!
I've been using Firealpaca for years now, no problems with it at all! And it's free!
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
I used Medibang paint until I got a new tablet that didn't work with it, and then I started using Krita. I used it for a long time (I've recently moved onto a paid program) and it's about as good as you can get! The brushes are so much better than in other free programs, and it's overall just incredible for something you don't have to pay a cent for.
I used Medibang paint until I got a new tablet that didn't work with it, and then I started using Krita. I used it for a long time (I've recently moved onto a paid program) and it's about as good as you can get! The brushes are so much better than in other free programs, and it's overall just incredible for something you don't have to pay a cent for.
-Lemon, the keeper of all citrus kind

always overwhelmingly overwhelmed

Very open to chatting with anyone about anything ever.

If you want me to see your reply, please ping me!
There's a list in guides someone made some time back with a variety of options.

Free Art/Photo Editing Tools
There's a list in guides someone made some time back with a variety of options.

Free Art/Photo Editing Tools
[quote name="Charias" date="2020-09-25 02:46:50" ] Personally I use Autodesk Sketchbook. I've heard good things about Krita too. ^^ [/quote] Was about to say this and yes A U T O D E S K I mostly use Procreate (but the mobile version) these days but that’s not free. I have been using Autodesk for a lot longer and it’s really nice. There are some things about it that I personally think are better than procreate (cough cough blending)
Charias wrote on 2020-09-25 02:46:50:

Was about to say this and yes

A U T O D E S K

I mostly use Procreate (but the mobile version) these days but that’s not free. I have been using Autodesk for a lot longer and it’s really nice. There are some things about it that I personally think are better than procreate (cough cough blending)
eq6zQ9M.png
mlHpBMC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
1 2 3