Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | solved, thank u
Really wanting to get Hades atm, especially now that it's on sale, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get it on Switch or on Steam for the PC. I'm kind of leaning towards Switch so I can play it when I'm not at home, but at the same time, I vastly prefer PC gaming lmao. So, for those of you who have the game: what's it like playing on both platforms? Are there huge differences in how to game plays/the controls? I'd appreciate any insight, but please keep it spoiler-free.
Really wanting to get Hades atm, especially now that it's on sale, but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get it on Switch or on Steam for the PC. I'm kind of leaning towards Switch so I can play it when I'm not at home, but at the same time, I vastly prefer PC gaming lmao. So, for those of you who have the game: what's it like playing on both platforms? Are there huge differences in how to game plays/the controls? I'd appreciate any insight, but please keep it spoiler-free.
9CxYF0H.png
gonna lightly bonk this because im still in need of some input before i get the game tomorrow !
gonna lightly bonk this because im still in need of some input before i get the game tomorrow !
9CxYF0H.png
@Kairo

The graphics and things of that nature are always going to be better on PC, and if this is a game that has a high frame rate or doesn't perform as well on a lower graphics console, then I'd personally get the PC version for that reason alone.

If there's not much of a difference or you don't really care then I'd think the Switch is fine.

I can't attest to playability though since I pretty much game exclusively on consoles personally.

@Kairo

The graphics and things of that nature are always going to be better on PC, and if this is a game that has a high frame rate or doesn't perform as well on a lower graphics console, then I'd personally get the PC version for that reason alone.

If there's not much of a difference or you don't really care then I'd think the Switch is fine.

I can't attest to playability though since I pretty much game exclusively on consoles personally.

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
@Kairo Just bought it on PC (it’s already so much fun and the characters are instantly likable definitely worth it.) I’ll plug in a controller later today so I can compare using a controller vs using a keyboard and mouse. Assuming the Switch port doesn’t have like, frame rate issues, whether to get the Switch version comes down to if you’d rather play on a tv/handheld or at a desk.
@Kairo Just bought it on PC (it’s already so much fun and the characters are instantly likable definitely worth it.) I’ll plug in a controller later today so I can compare using a controller vs using a keyboard and mouse. Assuming the Switch port doesn’t have like, frame rate issues, whether to get the Switch version comes down to if you’d rather play on a tv/handheld or at a desk.
@Pheonyx
Ah! Thank you for info. <3 I've heard from another friend that PC is great for a controller, and after doing some research, found that Hades on Switch does have some frame rate issues in areas with a large amount of enemies. Luckily, I was able to dig up an old Xbox controller, so it looks like I'll be going for PC! Very excited to play.
@Pheonyx
Ah! Thank you for info. <3 I've heard from another friend that PC is great for a controller, and after doing some research, found that Hades on Switch does have some frame rate issues in areas with a large amount of enemies. Luckily, I was able to dig up an old Xbox controller, so it looks like I'll be going for PC! Very excited to play.
9CxYF0H.png