Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | popular foods you can't stand
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Eggs by theirself have a gross texture mixed between rubber and gelatin that's made me sick a few times.
Any dark soda besides rootbeer or sarsparilla is ick. Coca-cola, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper? No thanks
Eggs by theirself have a gross texture mixed between rubber and gelatin that's made me sick a few times.
Any dark soda besides rootbeer or sarsparilla is ick. Coca-cola, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper? No thanks
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
my body rejects mac n cheese like it's poison, especially the boxed kraft brand

icky
my body rejects mac n cheese like it's poison, especially the boxed kraft brand

icky
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
not a food but CILANTRO

The true devil's lettuce
not a food but CILANTRO

The true devil's lettuce
Oh yeah! Cilantro is still a requirement for pico de gallo, which is a mandatory condiment, lol. But I’ve got that peculiar ability to taste its soapiness. So I don’t cook with it otherwise. It’s only really tolerable because I enjoy cooking with lavender and they have some similarities, to me. Both are very floral. But whooooo boy, I’m not into cilantro cakes/desserts, just... why? Why is salsa cake a thing?
Oh yeah! Cilantro is still a requirement for pico de gallo, which is a mandatory condiment, lol. But I’ve got that peculiar ability to taste its soapiness. So I don’t cook with it otherwise. It’s only really tolerable because I enjoy cooking with lavender and they have some similarities, to me. Both are very floral. But whooooo boy, I’m not into cilantro cakes/desserts, just... why? Why is salsa cake a thing?
Mint. Anything with mint in it, I cannot stand it. Doesn't matter if it's with chocolate, lamb, whatever. It immediately makes me taste toothpaste and I just can't stand it.

Also bell pepper, I absolutely hate bell pepper...which is annoying because nearly 90% of things end up having it in :/ It contaminates everything around it and ends being the only thing I can taste.

And this one is absolutely heresy because I am British. Tea. Hot tea, specifically, because I absolutely adore iced tea, but hot tea is just so...bland. No matter what brand, no matter what flavouring it has, no matter how much sugar I add...it just tastes like nothing :/ And don't get me started on coffee...
Mint. Anything with mint in it, I cannot stand it. Doesn't matter if it's with chocolate, lamb, whatever. It immediately makes me taste toothpaste and I just can't stand it.

Also bell pepper, I absolutely hate bell pepper...which is annoying because nearly 90% of things end up having it in :/ It contaminates everything around it and ends being the only thing I can taste.

And this one is absolutely heresy because I am British. Tea. Hot tea, specifically, because I absolutely adore iced tea, but hot tea is just so...bland. No matter what brand, no matter what flavouring it has, no matter how much sugar I add...it just tastes like nothing :/ And don't get me started on coffee...
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
It's not that I can't stand them, I'm just not a fan of bacon, pizza, or sub sandwiches.

Now cheesecake, I have an aversion to. I got terrible food poisoning from one. Used to like it, can't eat it now without grimacing.

I also think red velvet cake is kind of gross.
It's not that I can't stand them, I'm just not a fan of bacon, pizza, or sub sandwiches.

Now cheesecake, I have an aversion to. I got terrible food poisoning from one. Used to like it, can't eat it now without grimacing.

I also think red velvet cake is kind of gross.
Buying Food UMAs
Onions. Anything onions. I don't get why people are obsessed with that stuff. Leeks however, they are somewhat similar but lack this strange aftertaste. Love those. But damn, onion taste make me nearly sick.

And yet there are still people insisting they taste the same. They don't they reaaly don't I can tell the difference any time. Same goes for the 'it's so small you won't even notice the onion'. No, I do, even without you telling me beforehand.
It's such a stupid argument anyway. Why put iit if you think no one notices it. Makes no sense.

Sorry for the rant, I just have strong feelings about onions.
Onions. Anything onions. I don't get why people are obsessed with that stuff. Leeks however, they are somewhat similar but lack this strange aftertaste. Love those. But damn, onion taste make me nearly sick.

And yet there are still people insisting they taste the same. They don't they reaaly don't I can tell the difference any time. Same goes for the 'it's so small you won't even notice the onion'. No, I do, even without you telling me beforehand.
It's such a stupid argument anyway. Why put iit if you think no one notices it. Makes no sense.

Sorry for the rant, I just have strong feelings about onions.
A bunch of foods I don't like because my school cooked horrible food. Hot dogs made me sick. Hamburgers had some very weird, inedible gristle. I liked chicken nuggets until I had some badly cooked ones with weird slimy gristle. I haven't eaten chicken nuggets in probably fifteen years and the memory still makes me gag. My school actually got into trouble with the health inspector because its food was so bad.

MacDonald's fries too. I used to like them as a kid, but the only flavor in them is salt. I had a batch that was badly salted and realized that salt's the only flavor. Most fast food's gone the same way. I'm so thankful my family and I can cook!

Edit: Also coffee/black tea - I kinda like black tea, but the caffeine does not like me.

And American bacon, gum, meat still on the bone, and anything that is tough to chew. I had terrible teeth when I was a kid, so I still shy away from foods that are going to be tough to chew even though I know my teeth work properly now.

And joining with previous posts, most sodas. They're too sweet for me, and they don't quench my thirst. I'll drink them if there's nothing else to drink.

A bunch of foods I don't like because my school cooked horrible food. Hot dogs made me sick. Hamburgers had some very weird, inedible gristle. I liked chicken nuggets until I had some badly cooked ones with weird slimy gristle. I haven't eaten chicken nuggets in probably fifteen years and the memory still makes me gag. My school actually got into trouble with the health inspector because its food was so bad.

MacDonald's fries too. I used to like them as a kid, but the only flavor in them is salt. I had a batch that was badly salted and realized that salt's the only flavor. Most fast food's gone the same way. I'm so thankful my family and I can cook!

Edit: Also coffee/black tea - I kinda like black tea, but the caffeine does not like me.

And American bacon, gum, meat still on the bone, and anything that is tough to chew. I had terrible teeth when I was a kid, so I still shy away from foods that are going to be tough to chew even though I know my teeth work properly now.

And joining with previous posts, most sodas. They're too sweet for me, and they don't quench my thirst. I'll drink them if there's nothing else to drink.

LxbWmll.png
i hate mcdonalds, it makes me sick :// and ngl buffalo wings?? idk if those are considered popular but i dont like em as much, theyre just messy and i dont see the appeal
i hate mcdonalds, it makes me sick :// and ngl buffalo wings?? idk if those are considered popular but i dont like em as much, theyre just messy and i dont see the appeal
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
if you held a gun to my head and told me to eat potato salad, id say shoot me
if you held a gun to my head and told me to eat potato salad, id say shoot me
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29