Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What is the worst movie you have seen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Elivvpeachy" date="2020-09-13 09:09:53" ] cats. just, cats. [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] Hey OP, where do you live? I just wanna talk /j [size=1][s]I like Cats. I understand why others wouldn't though.[/s][/size] Anyhow, The Patriot and Bram Stoker's Dracula are my nominations. I kept complaining about the historical issues from the former, and I wish I could erase my memory of the latter. For those who haven't seen these two, do yourself a favor and avoid them like the plague. You will regret it, trust me.
Elivvpeachy wrote on 2020-09-13 09:09:53:
cats. just, cats.

Hey OP, where do you live? I just wanna talk /j

I like Cats. I understand why others wouldn't though.

Anyhow, The Patriot and Bram Stoker's Dracula are my nominations. I kept complaining about the historical issues from the former, and I wish I could erase my memory of the latter. For those who haven't seen these two, do yourself a favor and avoid them like the plague. You will regret it, trust me.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
[quote name="ProbablyLying" date="2020-09-13 07:43:16" ] Birdemic: Shock and Terror [/quote] This. The sequel is worse in both a bad and good way, because people started being in on the joke.
ProbablyLying wrote on 2020-09-13 07:43:16:
Birdemic: Shock and Terror
This. The sequel is worse in both a bad and good way, because people started being in on the joke.
My writing project.
@requacy
America, md :) why?
@requacy
ur mom
[quote name="@Elivvpeachy" date="2020-09-13 12:19:59" ] @/requacy America, md :) why? [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] Yeah lol :) My father's a theatre kid and used to act. He loved Cats beyond description, and I grew up listening to the musical. The plot's pretty much (a few changes) the same to the musical, so I didn't feel like it was [i]too[/i] crazy. You have to figure out the plot of the musical on your own, and it's easy (and justified) to say it has no actual plot. Cats. Also the dancing and lighting is [i]amazing[/I]. Cats is a crazy plotless mushroom trip, but that's what I [i]love[/i] it for. [s]I'm also pretty unaffected by the uncanny valley, which helps.[/s] Tl;dr: Theatre dad desensitized me to the wackiness, so I focused more on cinematography and visual effects rather than being creeped out or confused. If you want a bit of a more coherent plot, here's my take: We're all seeing it from the [i]feline[/i] point of view. Thus, some stuff is exaggerated, like our own folk tales. Macavity is actually just a rowdy feral, while Magical Mister Mistoffelees is particularly clever. It's all just normal cat stuff, but taken as legends and fantastical tales, considering we're seeing it as if [i]we[/i] were the cats.
@Elivvpeachy wrote on 2020-09-13 12:19:59:
@/requacy

Yeah lol :)

My father's a theatre kid and used to act. He loved Cats beyond description, and I grew up listening to the musical. The plot's pretty much (a few changes) the same to the musical, so I didn't feel like it was too crazy. You have to figure out the plot of the musical on your own, and it's easy (and justified) to say it has no actual plot. Cats. Also the dancing and lighting is amazing. Cats is a crazy plotless mushroom trip, but that's what I love it for.

I'm also pretty unaffected by the uncanny valley, which helps.

Tl;dr: Theatre dad desensitized me to the wackiness, so I focused more on cinematography and visual effects rather than being creeped out or confused.

If you want a bit of a more coherent plot, here's my take: We're all seeing it from the feline point of view. Thus, some stuff is exaggerated, like our own folk tales. Macavity is actually just a rowdy feral, while Magical Mister Mistoffelees is particularly clever. It's all just normal cat stuff, but taken as legends and fantastical tales, considering we're seeing it as if we were the cats.
[quote name="Requacy" date="2020-09-13 12:30:10" ] [quote name="@Elivvpeachy" date="2020-09-13 12:19:59" ] @/requacy America, md :) why? [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] Yeah lol :) My father's a theatre kid and used to act. He loved Cats beyond description, and I grew up listening to the musical. The plot's pretty much (a few changes) the same to the musical, so I didn't feel like it was [i]too[/i] crazy. You have to figure out the plot of the musical on your own, and it's easy (and justified) to say it has no actual plot. Cats. Also the dancing and lighting is [i]amazing[/I]. Cats is a crazy plotless mushroom trip, but that's what I [i]love[/i] it for. [s]I'm also pretty unaffected by the uncanny valley, which helps.[/s] Tl;dr: Theatre dad desensitized me to the wackiness, so I focused more on cinematography and visual effects rather than being creeped out or confused. If you want a bit of a more coherent plot, here's my take: We're all seeing it from the [i]feline[/i] point of view. Thus, some stuff is exaggerated, like our own folk tales. Macavity is actually just a rowdy feral, while Magical Mister Mistoffelees is particularly clever. It's all just normal cat stuff, but taken as legends and fantastical tales, considering we're seeing it as if [i]we[/i] were the cats. [/quote] I might rewatch it then.. I didnt grow up with musicals so it was a little wild to me
Requacy wrote on 2020-09-13 12:30:10:
@Elivvpeachy wrote on 2020-09-13 12:19:59:
@/requacy

Yeah lol :)

My father's a theatre kid and used to act. He loved Cats beyond description, and I grew up listening to the musical. The plot's pretty much (a few changes) the same to the musical, so I didn't feel like it was too crazy. You have to figure out the plot of the musical on your own, and it's easy (and justified) to say it has no actual plot. Cats. Also the dancing and lighting is amazing. Cats is a crazy plotless mushroom trip, but that's what I love it for.

I'm also pretty unaffected by the uncanny valley, which helps.

Tl;dr: Theatre dad desensitized me to the wackiness, so I focused more on cinematography and visual effects rather than being creeped out or confused.

If you want a bit of a more coherent plot, here's my take: We're all seeing it from the feline point of view. Thus, some stuff is exaggerated, like our own folk tales. Macavity is actually just a rowdy feral, while Magical Mister Mistoffelees is particularly clever. It's all just normal cat stuff, but taken as legends and fantastical tales, considering we're seeing it as if we were the cats.

I might rewatch it then.. I didnt grow up with musicals so it was a little wild to me
ur mom
Mine is something called the Favorite. I think I saw it on some awards show a long time ago and was interested in it because it was historical. Though once I saw it I really didn't like it, I was so bored the entire time and it's going to be the worst movie I've ever seen in a while.
Mine is something called the Favorite. I think I saw it on some awards show a long time ago and was interested in it because it was historical. Though once I saw it I really didn't like it, I was so bored the entire time and it's going to be the worst movie I've ever seen in a while.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
Timmy Failure: Mistakes were Made is the first movie that came to mind. There are definitely worse movies that I have watched but unfortunately I can't think of them at the moment. While it wasn't a horrible movie, it was weirdly paced and dragged. My brother used to enjoy the books so he was also disappointed when we watched it together.

Jurassic World/Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom also just came to mind. I adore the all three Jurassic Park movies (3 is my guilty pleasure favorite though it has a lot wrong I can talk about) but Jurassic World was insufferable. I watched both in theaters with my youth group, liked both, then hated both when I tried to rewatch them. The only aspect I enjoyed was when the Indominus/super raptor (whatever that was, I forget) attacked.

I'm still planning on watching Dominion, though I'll probably just rent it from Redbox instead of going to theaters.
Timmy Failure: Mistakes were Made is the first movie that came to mind. There are definitely worse movies that I have watched but unfortunately I can't think of them at the moment. While it wasn't a horrible movie, it was weirdly paced and dragged. My brother used to enjoy the books so he was also disappointed when we watched it together.

Jurassic World/Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom also just came to mind. I adore the all three Jurassic Park movies (3 is my guilty pleasure favorite though it has a lot wrong I can talk about) but Jurassic World was insufferable. I watched both in theaters with my youth group, liked both, then hated both when I tried to rewatch them. The only aspect I enjoyed was when the Indominus/super raptor (whatever that was, I forget) attacked.

I'm still planning on watching Dominion, though I'll probably just rent it from Redbox instead of going to theaters.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
cats 2019...
i had seen the actual musical in theater like a week before watching which made it 100x more offensive. the musical itself is good!!! it had a lot of really cool lighting/effects that couldn't really be transferred to a movie, which didnt help. for example, at the beginning before the lights came on, the actors ran around the stage/audience with LED masks for eyes, which were the only thing you could see. imo the production and music of the actual theater version completely made up for how bonkers the plot was. the movie just.... doesnt have that boost
cats 2019...
i had seen the actual musical in theater like a week before watching which made it 100x more offensive. the musical itself is good!!! it had a lot of really cool lighting/effects that couldn't really be transferred to a movie, which didnt help. for example, at the beginning before the lights came on, the actors ran around the stage/audience with LED masks for eyes, which were the only thing you could see. imo the production and music of the actual theater version completely made up for how bonkers the plot was. the movie just.... doesnt have that boost
[quote name="apprehensive" date="2020-09-13 14:00:48" ] any Disney remake [/quote]
apprehensive wrote on 2020-09-13 14:00:48:
any Disney remake
7kXqKFJ.png x0wa6.gif
[quote name="NickyJade156" date="2020-09-13 14:18:22" ] [quote name="apprehensive" date="2020-09-13 14:00:48" ] any Disney remake [/quote] [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] With the exception of Cinderella (which could stand as an actually good story) and the special mention to Mulan (2020) and the Lion King (2019), [i]yes.[/i]
NickyJade156 wrote on 2020-09-13 14:18:22:
apprehensive wrote on 2020-09-13 14:00:48:
any Disney remake

With the exception of Cinderella (which could stand as an actually good story) and the special mention to Mulan (2020) and the Lion King (2019), yes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7