Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite music genres?
1 2 3
Some rock/alt rock, but 99% of what I listen to is symphonic metal. And I will happily flood people with youtube links if they so desire. [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1]
Some rock/alt rock, but 99% of what I listen to is symphonic metal.

And I will happily flood people with youtube links if they so desire.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
ive mostly been listening to scream rap and 100 gecs (stuff like it as well). really just anything that can and will make my ears bleed.
ive mostly been listening to scream rap and 100 gecs (stuff like it as well). really just anything that can and will make my ears bleed.
A lot.

I mostly listen to electronic music genres such as hardcore or breakcore. I can adjust myself to more harsher genres - one that comes to mind is the time when I hoovered my room while listening to progressive death metal or sort.
Then there's a "switch" in my brain that lets me adjust to more "easily digestible" genres, mainly 1970-2000 era.

It mainly is based around my mood. Happy and joyous? 80's hit songs. Wanting to be quiet? Classical. Angry? Death Grips.
A lot.

I mostly listen to electronic music genres such as hardcore or breakcore. I can adjust myself to more harsher genres - one that comes to mind is the time when I hoovered my room while listening to progressive death metal or sort.
Then there's a "switch" in my brain that lets me adjust to more "easily digestible" genres, mainly 1970-2000 era.

It mainly is based around my mood. Happy and joyous? 80's hit songs. Wanting to be quiet? Classical. Angry? Death Grips.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
[quote name="VolatileMatter" date="2020-09-07 14:49:05" ] Catch me in the pit at a concert under 50 people \m/ [/quote] @VolatileMatter Ever notice how that tends to get a bad rap, but the people are for the most part actually pretty decent? Like one concert, guy in the pit decided he wanted to start a fight and started to attack me, next thing I know a bunch of big biker looking guys have formed a human wall around me and keeping the aggressive guy from reaching me while another went off for security since they saw me get punched. And another time I got hit pretty hard and fell, and again some big guys were suddenly there helping get me back on my feet, making sure I wasn't trampled and I had to assure them I wasn't injured. And it isn't like I'm tiny or anything, either. I get there are bad crowds, as there are in anything, but it just makes me happy that so many experiences have been more on the positive side.
VolatileMatter wrote on 2020-09-07 14:49:05:
Catch me in the pit at a concert under 50 people \m/

@VolatileMatter

Ever notice how that tends to get a bad rap, but the people are for the most part actually pretty decent? Like one concert, guy in the pit decided he wanted to start a fight and started to attack me, next thing I know a bunch of big biker looking guys have formed a human wall around me and keeping the aggressive guy from reaching me while another went off for security since they saw me get punched. And another time I got hit pretty hard and fell, and again some big guys were suddenly there helping get me back on my feet, making sure I wasn't trampled and I had to assure them I wasn't injured. And it isn't like I'm tiny or anything, either.

I get there are bad crowds, as there are in anything, but it just makes me happy that so many experiences have been more on the positive side.
Formerly known as Brenning.
i apologize in advance for this but i really enjoy talking about music genres

i like a lot of things, but mostly very weirdly specific subgenres within the rock and pop genres! examples of those genres include but are not limited to: indie rock, indie pop, dream pop, garage rock, math rock, synth pop, j-pop and j-rock, experimental rock, lo-fi rock, alt rock and hyperpop!

i also really like folk punk, vocaloid, anti-folk, ska punk, shoegaze, speedcore/breakcore, folk metal and a very specific genre called "nintendocore" which is basically chiptune rock! most nintendocore bands are screamo but i've found a small handful of nintendocore bands that aren't like that! i'm very picky with most genres unfortunately. like, extremely picky. most of the bands i listen to are genuinely very obscure as a result.

also i really like Goth Music (tm) just in general!
and also, the only country i will ever listen to is orville peck! and lil nas x too if he counts.
i apologize in advance for this but i really enjoy talking about music genres

i like a lot of things, but mostly very weirdly specific subgenres within the rock and pop genres! examples of those genres include but are not limited to: indie rock, indie pop, dream pop, garage rock, math rock, synth pop, j-pop and j-rock, experimental rock, lo-fi rock, alt rock and hyperpop!

i also really like folk punk, vocaloid, anti-folk, ska punk, shoegaze, speedcore/breakcore, folk metal and a very specific genre called "nintendocore" which is basically chiptune rock! most nintendocore bands are screamo but i've found a small handful of nintendocore bands that aren't like that! i'm very picky with most genres unfortunately. like, extremely picky. most of the bands i listen to are genuinely very obscure as a result.

also i really like Goth Music (tm) just in general!
and also, the only country i will ever listen to is orville peck! and lil nas x too if he counts.
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
Classical, electro-swing, and whatever the soundtrack from Over the Garden Wall is.
Classical, electro-swing, and whatever the soundtrack from Over the Garden Wall is.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
alt rock, alt metal, regular metal, metalcore and whatever the stuff frank iero makes is called. some pop punk as well but mostly the kind that's emo

i've tried 100 gecs too and while it was. vibable. it made my ears hurt a bit too much so i've mostly been appreciating it from afar haha
alt rock, alt metal, regular metal, metalcore and whatever the stuff frank iero makes is called. some pop punk as well but mostly the kind that's emo

i've tried 100 gecs too and while it was. vibable. it made my ears hurt a bit too much so i've mostly been appreciating it from afar haha
q4Td049.gif
v2PJF9u.png
06xk8gV.png
dEe2UrM.png

bCLXkrk.gif
Most of my tastes fall somewhere under the genre umbrella of rock, but they aren't limited to that, and also it's a pretty wide umbrella to begin with. Been feeling 60s/psychedelic rock lately, it's chill and interesting.

I like metal, mostly symphonic metal and classic stuff and some doom metal and whatever Diablo Swing Orchestra is lol (swing metal? it's a lot of things)

I also like synthwave and 80s pop and ABBA and musicals and sometimes folk and bluegrass depending on my mood and surroundings like, if it's good it's good.

I think the general idea of my music tastes is that I like fusion genres and experimental (but listenable!) stuff. Things that don't sound like everything else. But also some things that do.
Most of my tastes fall somewhere under the genre umbrella of rock, but they aren't limited to that, and also it's a pretty wide umbrella to begin with. Been feeling 60s/psychedelic rock lately, it's chill and interesting.

I like metal, mostly symphonic metal and classic stuff and some doom metal and whatever Diablo Swing Orchestra is lol (swing metal? it's a lot of things)

I also like synthwave and 80s pop and ABBA and musicals and sometimes folk and bluegrass depending on my mood and surroundings like, if it's good it's good.

I think the general idea of my music tastes is that I like fusion genres and experimental (but listenable!) stuff. Things that don't sound like everything else. But also some things that do.
I ended up getting into a sub-genre of country/folk music (I think that's what it is, at least...), but it's pretty obscure so I'm not sure what it's called?? I saw a comment that called it 'murderfolk' once, but I'm not sure if that's what it's actually called. The main band I listen to is The Crane Wives, their stuff is amazing.

I also got really into Vocaloid. As cool as acoustic stuff can sound (see the above genre), electronic music has a sound I just adore, plus the kinds of things people *do* with it is really cool, because the limit of what a synth can do is a lot less limited when it comes to speed/pitch. I really like a lot of Vocaloid songs, but if I had to choose a few, I would go with ECHO, Copycat, and Propaganda.
I ended up getting into a sub-genre of country/folk music (I think that's what it is, at least...), but it's pretty obscure so I'm not sure what it's called?? I saw a comment that called it 'murderfolk' once, but I'm not sure if that's what it's actually called. The main band I listen to is The Crane Wives, their stuff is amazing.

I also got really into Vocaloid. As cool as acoustic stuff can sound (see the above genre), electronic music has a sound I just adore, plus the kinds of things people *do* with it is really cool, because the limit of what a synth can do is a lot less limited when it comes to speed/pitch. I really like a lot of Vocaloid songs, but if I had to choose a few, I would go with ECHO, Copycat, and Propaganda.
mykhQjW.png __
______
-She/they |
-Call me Stell! |
-FR time +3 |
-Please ping! |
____
>>Wishlist!
>>Fodderlocke!
Lol, everything

Except classical
Lol, everything