Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | "Gross" food you find delicious?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
@Lokkimus

From what I can gather, mämmi is supposed to be a sweet dessert spread, right? How does it taste? Does it taste similar to rye bread? I kinda want to try it
@Lokkimus

From what I can gather, mämmi is supposed to be a sweet dessert spread, right? How does it taste? Does it taste similar to rye bread? I kinda want to try it
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
@JoweeTheRaposa Well you're not too far off! It does kinda taste like rye bread, but sweeter and with this mushier texture. It's not great but it's not awful either. It's just kind of a "meh" easter food I still eat once a year. But I know a lot of people that can't stand it, haha. If you want to try it: I highly advice to get some cream or vanilla sauce with it [emoji=coatl happy size=1] It's actually pretty good with some added sweetness to it. [size=2]Also they sell this mocha-flavored mämmi in stores around easter and I shamelessly eat it. It's delicious... [/size] [img]https://kymppi.fi/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Kymppi_100g_pikarimammi_mokka_kansi-450x0-c-default.jpg[/img] Edit: @JoweeTheRaposa Oh and honestly... natto beans look great. I've seen a ton of videos of people gagging and reacting strongly to them, but I really want to try them out sometime. Looks like an interesting experience to say the least. [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
@JoweeTheRaposa

Well you're not too far off! It does kinda taste like rye bread, but sweeter and with this mushier texture. It's not great but it's not awful either. It's just kind of a "meh" easter food I still eat once a year. But I know a lot of people that can't stand it, haha.

If you want to try it: I highly advice to get some cream or vanilla sauce with it It's actually pretty good with some added sweetness to it.

Also they sell this mocha-flavored mämmi in stores around easter and I shamelessly eat it. It's delicious...
Kymppi_100g_pikarimammi_mokka_kansi-450x0-c-default.jpg

Edit:
@JoweeTheRaposa

Oh and honestly... natto beans look great. I've seen a ton of videos of people gagging and reacting strongly to them, but I really want to try them out sometime. Looks like an interesting experience to say the least.
SSlEfLL.pngS3UaN8T.png
@Lokkimus

I’ll have to try and find some! It sounds good, especially the mocha one.

Natto beans are definitely worth a try. They are one of the best sources of Vitamin K, and also have other good vitamins and minerals like calcium. Where I live, they are usually sold in the frozen section in Asian grocery stores.

@Lokkimus

I’ll have to try and find some! It sounds good, especially the mocha one.

Natto beans are definitely worth a try. They are one of the best sources of Vitamin K, and also have other good vitamins and minerals like calcium. Where I live, they are usually sold in the frozen section in Asian grocery stores.

Tofu! I feel like alot of people are turned off because its like;; squishy and plain??? But if u season it right it's (*chef's kiss*) perfect! You can pretty much use it for anything. It also might be that I'm vegetarian and have never had meat or that I'll eat like almost anything. Also cookies dipped in water-
Tofu! I feel like alot of people are turned off because its like;; squishy and plain??? But if u season it right it's (*chef's kiss*) perfect! You can pretty much use it for anything. It also might be that I'm vegetarian and have never had meat or that I'll eat like almost anything. Also cookies dipped in water-
shes_so_small.gif ssssssssssssssssssssss
shiloh/piper
any prns
:-)
sssssssssssssssssssssssss shes_so_small.gif
[quote name="PeachTeaLatte" date="2020-09-04 09:40:31" ] Tofu! I feel like alot of people are turned off because its like;; squishy and plain??? But if u season it right it's (*chef's kiss*) perfect! You can pretty much use it for anything. It also might be that I'm vegetarian and have never had meat or that I'll eat like almost anything. [/quote] Tofu is amazing! I grew up eating it, though, so I might be a little biased. I love eating it cold, with some grated ginger and soy sauce, and a small amount of bonito flake and green onion as a garnish. It also tastes great in a variety of soups (especially miso soup).
PeachTeaLatte wrote on 2020-09-04 09:40:31:
Tofu! I feel like alot of people are turned off because its like;; squishy and plain??? But if u season it right it's (*chef's kiss*) perfect! You can pretty much use it for anything. It also might be that I'm vegetarian and have never had meat or that I'll eat like almost anything.

Tofu is amazing! I grew up eating it, though, so I might be a little biased. I love eating it cold, with some grated ginger and soy sauce, and a small amount of bonito flake and green onion as a garnish. It also tastes great in a variety of soups (especially miso soup).
Mustard on Kraft Mac n Cheese. It's great!
Mustard on Kraft Mac n Cheese. It's great!
Withstand_Col.png
i eat plain mustard religiously. It's also good on cucumbers and carrots.
i eat plain mustard religiously. It's also good on cucumbers and carrots.

nfZCrZ4.png
I dont mind being pinged!
Fat.
Primarily chicken skin and the fatty pieces on steak.

Seems fairly tame compared to some of the other foods posted here but every single time I tell someone I like it, they become so repulsed you'd think I just told them that I eat live cockroaches or something.

I just find that is where the most flavor is at. -shrug-
Fat.
Primarily chicken skin and the fatty pieces on steak.

Seems fairly tame compared to some of the other foods posted here but every single time I tell someone I like it, they become so repulsed you'd think I just told them that I eat live cockroaches or something.

I just find that is where the most flavor is at. -shrug-
MREQJ.gifo7Vex.gifDVr2oFl.gif aPaLdb3.png93464896.png94046565.png
Straight McDonald's ketchup
Straight McDonald's ketchup
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
komochi shishamo continues to be one of my favorite fish to eat... it's a small species of smelt, but it's typically grilled and eaten with the roe intact. fish are awful little creatures, so this means pretty much their entire body cavity is full of eggs! nature is terrifying but delicious
komochi shishamo continues to be one of my favorite fish to eat... it's a small species of smelt, but it's typically grilled and eaten with the roe intact. fish are awful little creatures, so this means pretty much their entire body cavity is full of eggs! nature is terrifying but delicious
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19