Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird/Funny morbid thoughts/facts?
1 2 3
When I was a kid I was absolutely convinced my stuffed animals/toys were sentient and could see me. I was very careful to treat them all equally so they wouldn't get jealous/angry (like if I hugged one, I'd hug them all).

Pretty sure Toy Story effed me up in a very weird and specific way.

I also work in an ER so I have like, a LOT of gross/morbid stories but I don't wanna get too nasty xD
When I was a kid I was absolutely convinced my stuffed animals/toys were sentient and could see me. I was very careful to treat them all equally so they wouldn't get jealous/angry (like if I hugged one, I'd hug them all).

I also work in an ER so I have like, a LOT of gross/morbid stories but I don't wanna get too nasty xD
Ohohoho....

-Humans are depressingly not that nutritious.
-Centipedes can kill prey 15 times their size.
-In the thought experiment the Quantum Suicide, it'd be impossible to die for each individual observer. A fate worse than death, indeed.
-The Machineel tree has toxic sap. It's best not to even breathe near it. Iguanas don't care though and can eat the fruit harmlessly.
-Hypothetically, a zombie could happen thanks to certain parasitical fungi.
-Pinocchio is a botanical zombie.
Ohohoho....

-Humans are depressingly not that nutritious.
-Centipedes can kill prey 15 times their size.
-In the thought experiment the Quantum Suicide, it'd be impossible to die for each individual observer. A fate worse than death, indeed.
-The Machineel tree has toxic sap. It's best not to even breathe near it. Iguanas don't care though and can eat the fruit harmlessly.
-Hypothetically, a zombie could happen thanks to certain parasitical fungi.
-Pinocchio is a botanical zombie.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
There are at least 33 words in the Latin language for "to kill".
There are at least 33 words in the Latin language for "to kill".
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
[quote name="stripeypirate" date="2020-08-28 12:36:38" ] When I was a kid I was absolutely convinced my stuffed animals/toys were sentient and could see me. I was very careful to treat them all equally so they wouldn't get jealous/angry (like if I hugged one, I'd hug them all). Pretty sure Toy Story effed me up in a very weird and specific way. I also work in an ER so I have like, a LOT of gross/morbid stories but I don't wanna get too nasty xD [/quote] Actually, same? Or something similar. I thought they were def sentient, but I made sure they all had lots of friends to hang out with so they wouldn't care if one got more attention.
stripeypirate wrote on 2020-08-28 12:36:38:

Actually, same? Or something similar. I thought they were def sentient, but I made sure they all had lots of friends to hang out with so they wouldn't care if one got more attention.
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
Hello all! I've cleaned up some comments in this thread. Please keep in mind the Obscene & Vulgar policies when responding.

Cheers!
Hello all! I've cleaned up some comments in this thread. Please keep in mind the Obscene & Vulgar policies when responding.

Cheers!
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

Seals will eat the fish inside penguins, then leave them
Seals will eat the fish inside penguins, then leave them
FR +2
0DPXKcU.gif
Cats are more likely to eat your body if you happen to pass away alone in your house than dogs are.

Personally, I find the thought is.... morbidly comforting.
I wouldn't want my kitty to starve ;-;
Cats are more likely to eat your body if you happen to pass away alone in your house than dogs are.

Personally, I find the thought is.... morbidly comforting.
I wouldn't want my kitty to starve ;-;
♦ THE CHROMASLICK PUS DYNASTY ♦
div2.png

♦ Tofu
♦ He/Him
♦ FR +16
- I remember when I was younger, a family member had quails. I once saw one eating it's own eggs. Freaked me out to say the least. I found out that they eat them for protien, and chickens do it too.
Not that morbid, but still freaked me out.

This isn't that morbid either, but it's kind of funny if you think about it.
- Your teeth are the only bones you're gonna be able to brush.
- Your bones (aside from your teeth) are constantly wet.

- Plants with albiesm exist, but it messes with photosynthesis, so they basically have to feed off of other nearby plants.
They're basically plant vampires. They also look really pretty.

Now, for parasites!

- There's this parasite that goes into snails eyes, making them into 'Zombie Snails'.
It happens when snails eat the parasite's eggs from bird droppings.
The parasite basically make the snails eyes grow and pulsate, making them look like caterpillars.

- There's also a parasite that comes from cat feces and turns rats into 'zombies'. It makes the rat attracted to cat urine or just cats in general, it can still control the brain after it's gone, too.
The parasite can give people brain damage, too...

- There's another parasite, but for fish this time.
It enters through its gills, and removes the fishes tongue. Then, makes itself the tongue. The weird thing is, they don't cause any other huge harm to the fish other than removing it's tongue.
- I remember when I was younger, a family member had quails. I once saw one eating it's own eggs. Freaked me out to say the least. I found out that they eat them for protien, and chickens do it too.
Not that morbid, but still freaked me out.

This isn't that morbid either, but it's kind of funny if you think about it.
- Your teeth are the only bones you're gonna be able to brush.
- Your bones (aside from your teeth) are constantly wet.

- Plants with albiesm exist, but it messes with photosynthesis, so they basically have to feed off of other nearby plants.
They're basically plant vampires. They also look really pretty.

Now, for parasites!

- There's this parasite that goes into snails eyes, making them into 'Zombie Snails'.
It happens when snails eat the parasite's eggs from bird droppings.
The parasite basically make the snails eyes grow and pulsate, making them look like caterpillars.

- There's also a parasite that comes from cat feces and turns rats into 'zombies'. It makes the rat attracted to cat urine or just cats in general, it can still control the brain after it's gone, too.
The parasite can give people brain damage, too...

- There's another parasite, but for fish this time.
It enters through its gills, and removes the fishes tongue. Then, makes itself the tongue. The weird thing is, they don't cause any other huge harm to the fish other than removing it's tongue.
n9ssuxW.gif
They/It | FR +8 | INFP | :]
OxagJgG.pngQUIpVFE.png

1UI2JZj.gif
As someone who grew up reading all the old myths, I
  • Learned Hades named his dog the ancient Greek equivalent of Spot (Cerberus-Spotted) and immediately set out to prove he is not evil and actually a good person (he is, in all the myths he's been fair and kind and only ever hurt someone when they hit on Persephone)
  • and got super twisted when I started to read the lesser-known myths. Apparently, the less public you are, the less censoring needed! Tagalog (Filipino) myths are suuuper weird, we have a lot of scary dudes. Google them on your own time please, but try the Aswang for starters.
As someone who grew up reading all the old myths, I
  • Learned Hades named his dog the ancient Greek equivalent of Spot (Cerberus-Spotted) and immediately set out to prove he is not evil and actually a good person (he is, in all the myths he's been fair and kind and only ever hurt someone when they hit on Persephone)
  • and got super twisted when I started to read the lesser-known myths. Apparently, the less public you are, the less censoring needed! Tagalog (Filipino) myths are suuuper weird, we have a lot of scary dudes. Google them on your own time please, but try the Aswang for starters.
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
You can cough so hard that your eyes bleed.
You can cough so hard that your eyes bleed.
Live for today, gone tomorrow.
swclpXz.jpg
That's me.
1 2 3