Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any FFXIV players?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
My boyfriend & I started playing last week (he's played a lot of MMOs, I have pretty limited experience with them) and I've been having a blast! I'd love to make some friends to play it with, my server is Goblin.

I've only just finished a Realm Reborn, but I'm really excited to get to the other expansions.
My boyfriend & I started playing last week (he's played a lot of MMOs, I have pretty limited experience with them) and I've been having a blast! I'd love to make some friends to play it with, my server is Goblin.

I've only just finished a Realm Reborn, but I'm really excited to get to the other expansions.
I'm on a break at the moment, but my two most played characters are a Midlander male (my girlfriend, best friend and friend's daughter used the character creator to make "me") and a Viera (my girlfriend insisted on it since my nickname is Bunny and she is the one who bought the expansion for me). My favorite job is Machinist, it took me by surprise. I started working on a lorebook mockup for my Midlander last year but never finished it as I never got around to finding the font that looks just so: [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9dozWKWkAEWPgn.png[/img]
I'm on a break at the moment, but my two most played characters are a Midlander male (my girlfriend, best friend and friend's daughter used the character creator to make "me") and a Viera (my girlfriend insisted on it since my nickname is Bunny and she is the one who bought the expansion for me).

My favorite job is Machinist, it took me by surprise.

I started working on a lorebook mockup for my Midlander last year but never finished it as I never got around to finding the font that looks just so:

D9dozWKWkAEWPgn.png
Formerly known as Brenning.
@Brenning Haha my boyfriend plays a Viera too! We made fun of them initially because they're so, well, hypersexualized, but he actually made a really cool looking character. & your main looks awesome! My main was initially also Viera, but I phantasia'd into a Miqo'te because I hated not being able to wear hats :( I've only tried out Black Mage and Red Mage so far, and next I'm probably go for Astrologian or White Mage. Machinist seems really interesting tho obligatory pic of my main: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Tm625vH.jpg[/img]
@Brenning Haha my boyfriend plays a Viera too! We made fun of them initially because they're so, well, hypersexualized, but he actually made a really cool looking character. & your main looks awesome!

My main was initially also Viera, but I phantasia'd into a Miqo'te because I hated not being able to wear hats :( I've only tried out Black Mage and Red Mage so far, and next I'm probably go for Astrologian or White Mage. Machinist seems really interesting tho

obligatory pic of my main: Tm625vH.jpg
I'm on a huge hiatus from the game since money is tight, but I'm always happy to see new people getting to enjoy it. Makes me feel like I'm still a part of it.

Miqo'te here, too. Been since the beginning and no plans of changing.
I'm on a huge hiatus from the game since money is tight, but I'm always happy to see new people getting to enjoy it. Makes me feel like I'm still a part of it.

Miqo'te here, too. Been since the beginning and no plans of changing.
9iqeDz7.png
@tiredturnip

Your Miqo'te looks so spiffy! And it does stink that Viera can't use most headwear visibly, I wish they had put a little more time in coding the headwear in for the new races.

Also, my Midlander's name? Buddy is my original nickname, Kanin means "rabbit/bunny" in Swedish. The scars were insisted by my friend's daughter. I don't have face scars, but I do have some scars from surgeries and she said it wouldn't be me if the character didn't have scars.

My girlfriend plans to be a Miqo'te when she starts up, which was going to happen by now but she wanted to wait until we got the new apartment and set up a joint gaming area, but with the virus and my compromised immune system the apartment hunt got put on hold.

I haven't done much Astrologian or Red Mage yet, just the initial starting stuff to unlock them. I got sucked into Machinist because I thought it was so fun and just slacked off on giving some of the other jobs a whirl. I also found Dancer a lot more fun than I expected it to be and spent a little time playing with it. First time I played Dancer, I tried to do the Xena yell, but my best friend said she thought it sounded like I was strangling a sick cat.
@tiredturnip

Your Miqo'te looks so spiffy! And it does stink that Viera can't use most headwear visibly, I wish they had put a little more time in coding the headwear in for the new races.

Also, my Midlander's name? Buddy is my original nickname, Kanin means "rabbit/bunny" in Swedish. The scars were insisted by my friend's daughter. I don't have face scars, but I do have some scars from surgeries and she said it wouldn't be me if the character didn't have scars.

My girlfriend plans to be a Miqo'te when she starts up, which was going to happen by now but she wanted to wait until we got the new apartment and set up a joint gaming area, but with the virus and my compromised immune system the apartment hunt got put on hold.

I haven't done much Astrologian or Red Mage yet, just the initial starting stuff to unlock them. I got sucked into Machinist because I thought it was so fun and just slacked off on giving some of the other jobs a whirl. I also found Dancer a lot more fun than I expected it to be and spent a little time playing with it. First time I played Dancer, I tried to do the Xena yell, but my best friend said she thought it sounded like I was strangling a sick cat.
Formerly known as Brenning.
hey, ffxiv! i resubbed recently for the new patch :D i hope you & your boyfriend enjoy the game, it's one of my favorites ^o^

i started out as a miqo'te too, but then i ended up changing to an au'ra with the free fantasia at the end of arr hahaha. sometimes i miss being a miqo'te though.
then again i also started out as a white mage even though healing hurts my brain </3 i have all the healers at 80 but i'm never going to touch them ever again. i main red mage & dancer now, but i'm still working on leveling all my classes - leaving my melee dps and tanks for last because those are my least favorites lol
hey, ffxiv! i resubbed recently for the new patch :D i hope you & your boyfriend enjoy the game, it's one of my favorites ^o^

i started out as a miqo'te too, but then i ended up changing to an au'ra with the free fantasia at the end of arr hahaha. sometimes i miss being a miqo'te though.
then again i also started out as a white mage even though healing hurts my brain </3 i have all the healers at 80 but i'm never going to touch them ever again. i main red mage & dancer now, but i'm still working on leveling all my classes - leaving my melee dps and tanks for last because those are my least favorites lol
fsjgklggk.png hjkkk.gif slowly going through posts to replace broken images. if i upload the wrong image feel free to let me know
The new patch was amazing but I'm back to been kinda bored playing now since the only classes I have left to level are the ones I really don't wanna play. [quote name="henituse" date="2020-08-15 02:38:57" ] leaving my melee dps and tanks for last because those are my least favorites lol [/quote] Same. I really don't like melee after coming from mainly using ranged and I don't want to play a tank.
The new patch was amazing but I'm back to been kinda bored playing now since the only classes I have left to level are the ones I really don't wanna play.
henituse wrote on 2020-08-15 02:38:57:
leaving my melee dps and tanks for last because those are my least favorites lol

Same. I really don't like melee after coming from mainly using ranged and I don't want to play a tank.
I've been playing FFXIV for quite some time now, and I've actually gotten to Heavensward some time ago! I've made two characters there, a Miqo'te (my main) and an Au Ra (my alt who I've made mostly to try out being a DPS and finding out what it's like starting in Ul'Dah), and the world I play on is Jenova My favorite job probably has to be AST, with my favorite DPS jobs being NIN, MCH, and RDM (And honestly, I'm too scared to start tanking) Edit: Here's the obligatory picture of my main (pardon the low quality, I took the picture using my phone) [img]https://i.postimg.cc/X7C4NcN8/20200802-171440.jpg[/img]
I've been playing FFXIV for quite some time now, and I've actually gotten to Heavensward some time ago! I've made two characters there, a Miqo'te (my main) and an Au Ra (my alt who I've made mostly to try out being a DPS and finding out what it's like starting in Ul'Dah), and the world I play on is Jenova

My favorite job probably has to be AST, with my favorite DPS jobs being NIN, MCH, and RDM (And honestly, I'm too scared to start tanking)

Edit: Here's the obligatory picture of my main (pardon the low quality, I took the picture using my phone)
20200802-171440.jpg
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
@Gabbiani I see you too use the best minion in the game! Fat Cat is literally the best thing to come out of XIV, I love him. https://i.imgur.com/oztsPmR.png
@Gabbiani I see you too use the best minion in the game! Fat Cat is literally the best thing to come out of XIV, I love him. https://i.imgur.com/oztsPmR.png
@BladeDancer Yes. He cost me almost all the gil I had at the time and I love him
@BladeDancer Yes. He cost me almost all the gil I had at the time and I love him
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15