Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Old Skyhaven Thread
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 116 117
@Cynderfire What's wrong with having a rainbow Sunwing? [img]https://imgur.com/J5cE4UX.png[/img]
@Cynderfire
What's wrong with having a rainbow Sunwing?
J5cE4UX.png
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
@Cynderfire @BrightBreeze @Eskria @Lunalis @PrinceOfSoup @Moonpool18 @SpiritX @MediaeLycan @Bezonox @Tweeter101 @kitty1425 @Enen16106 @Unicorn6 I have lore, and art. The art came from me experimenting with backgrounds, finding a soft background, and then getting immediately inspired. The lore came from the art. And from the fact I want to give you guys heartache. Don't forget to tell me whether you'd like more on the cast and their backgrounds/origins! I'd be happy to explain. [color=purple]Warning: sappy stuff in here[/color] ----- [center] [size=7][b]Always[/b][/size] [img]https://imgur.com/KBEBjOx.png[/img] [/center] Skya walked in circles, anxiety pricking at her scales. Why wasn't he here yet? He'd promised to meet her at dusk. He should've been here by now... unless something had happened to him. What if he'd been blown off course? What if he'd been sidetracked. What if... he'd been caught? Skya was just about ready to fly out looking for him when he rounded the edge of the mountain. "Raven!" Skya cried, as he touched down next to her. "What took you so long?" She tried to keep the worry out of her voice, but it was clear Raven could tell she was concerned by the quiver in it. He reached out with his wings and pulled her close. "There was a patrol," he explained. "I had to hide." Skya gasped. "Did they see you?" Raven grinned. "No, of course not! They've never seen me before, remember?" Skya shook her head. "That doesn't mean you can go forever without being caught. What if they catch you next time? I'll never see you again." "Then I won't let them catch me." Raven released his grip on her, and the cold air wove its way into Skya's scales. She shivered, not just from the cold. "Raven, [i]please[/i] be careful. I can't lose you. Not after what happened to Ether..." Raven's happy face melted. "I know. But... it's not my fault I have to risk this. How am I supposed to know you're okay if I don't visit? It's not like you can just come to me; they're bound to know if [i]you[/i] go missing. Nobody ever notices a commoner like me. Now, if the heir to the kingdom goes missing..." Skya sighed. Raven closed his eyes. A few moments passed, before he opened them again. "Follow me," he said. "I have something to show you." Without another word, he flew off. Skya followed, unsure where they were going. He led her through a valley, flying low so they wouldn't be spotted. Then he curved around a forest, with a tranquil lake in the middle. Skya gasped when she saw the surface. It was glowing a vivid blue, thousands of millions of stars reflected on its surface, even though it wasn't even night. The link winded into a river, which was still glowing brightly. However, the stars were lost to the tumble and flow of the waters. An old memory arose in Skya, and she knew immediately what she was looking at. [i]The River of Time.[/i] Shortly after the sight, Raven stopped on a tall outcropping. "Look," he said, turning Skya around. She gasped when she saw the sky. The top of it was beginning to turn a deep blue, but where it met the horizon, it was a pleasing pink. Between the colors... several shades danced around the sky, throwing their beauty around. Skya hadn't seen it, since Raven had led her around behind the mountain. But the sight was captivating. She didn't want to look away. Just wanted to stare into this whirling tranquility... just wanted to let go. "Skya." Raven's voice broke through her thoughts. "Do you see the sky?" "Yes," she said. "That's us," he whispered, wrapping a wing around her. "One day, we'll fly free, with no one to tear us apart." He looked at her, eyes shining in the half-light. "I'll love you, Skya. Always." Skya put her muzzle to his, closing her eyes, recalling that day when they first met. They were no more than they were now, two young Sunwings, one a commoner, one a princess. Skya had been practicing her fishing techniques when a particularly large wave had swept her off her perch and into the river. She'd flailed, paddled, tried to fly, all to no avail. She'd have died if it weren't for Raven. He'd been passing by when he saw her, and without a second thought dove headfirst into the river. They both almost died that day. They both survived that day. They both fell in love that day. "[i]Hello[/i]," he'd said. "[i]My name is Raven[/i]." After that first meeting, Skya lost all dreams of ruling the kingdom and began to think about Raven instead. They began meeting in secret. Not only were they of completely different ranks, but from different, warring tribes. If anyone found out, they'd have Raven killed. Or worse, tortured then killed. So Skya led him to her secret hideaway. There, month after month, Raven made the journey to her. Nobody had ever shown that much devotion to her before, not even her family. All they cared about was winning the war and establishing dominance. Not Raven. He didn't care about her heritage, he care about [i]her[/i]. Skya. The dragon she was, not the dragon she was supposed to be. He loved her. Thinking about her memories made a tear slip down Skya's muzzle, and she pressed her paws into Raven's. "Always."
@Cynderfire @BrightBreeze @Eskria @Lunalis @PrinceOfSoup @Moonpool18 @SpiritX @MediaeLycan @Bezonox @Tweeter101 @kitty1425 @Enen16106 @Unicorn6

I have lore, and art. The art came from me experimenting with backgrounds, finding a soft background, and then getting immediately inspired. The lore came from the art. And from the fact I want to give you guys heartache.

Don't forget to tell me whether you'd like more on the cast and their backgrounds/origins! I'd be happy to explain.

Warning: sappy stuff in here

Always
KBEBjOx.png

Skya walked in circles, anxiety pricking at her scales. Why wasn't he here yet? He'd promised to meet her at dusk. He should've been here by now... unless something had happened to him. What if he'd been blown off course? What if he'd been sidetracked. What if... he'd been caught?

Skya was just about ready to fly out looking for him when he rounded the edge of the mountain. "Raven!" Skya cried, as he touched down next to her. "What took you so long?"

She tried to keep the worry out of her voice, but it was clear Raven could tell she was concerned by the quiver in it. He reached out with his wings and pulled her close.

"There was a patrol," he explained. "I had to hide."

Skya gasped. "Did they see you?"

Raven grinned. "No, of course not! They've never seen me before, remember?"

Skya shook her head. "That doesn't mean you can go forever without being caught. What if they catch you next time? I'll never see you again."

"Then I won't let them catch me." Raven released his grip on her, and the cold air wove its way into Skya's scales. She shivered, not just from the cold.

"Raven, please be careful. I can't lose you. Not after what happened to Ether..."

Raven's happy face melted. "I know. But... it's not my fault I have to risk this. How am I supposed to know you're okay if I don't visit? It's not like you can just come to me; they're bound to know if you go missing. Nobody ever notices a commoner like me. Now, if the heir to the kingdom goes missing..."

Skya sighed.

Raven closed his eyes. A few moments passed, before he opened them again. "Follow me," he said. "I have something to show you."

Without another word, he flew off. Skya followed, unsure where they were going. He led her through a valley, flying low so they wouldn't be spotted. Then he curved around a forest, with a tranquil lake in the middle. Skya gasped when she saw the surface. It was glowing a vivid blue, thousands of millions of stars reflected on its surface, even though it wasn't even night.

The link winded into a river, which was still glowing brightly. However, the stars were lost to the tumble and flow of the waters. An old memory arose in Skya, and she knew immediately what she was looking at. The River of Time.

Shortly after the sight, Raven stopped on a tall outcropping. "Look," he said, turning Skya around. She gasped when she saw the sky. The top of it was beginning to turn a deep blue, but where it met the horizon, it was a pleasing pink. Between the colors... several shades danced around the sky, throwing their beauty around. Skya hadn't seen it, since Raven had led her around behind the mountain. But the sight was captivating. She didn't want to look away. Just wanted to stare into this whirling tranquility... just wanted to let go.

"Skya." Raven's voice broke through her thoughts. "Do you see the sky?"

"Yes," she said.

"That's us," he whispered, wrapping a wing around her. "One day, we'll fly free, with no one to tear us apart."

He looked at her, eyes shining in the half-light. "I'll love you, Skya. Always."

Skya put her muzzle to his, closing her eyes, recalling that day when they first met.

They were no more than they were now, two young Sunwings, one a commoner, one a princess. Skya had been practicing her fishing techniques when a particularly large wave had swept her off her perch and into the river. She'd flailed, paddled, tried to fly, all to no avail. She'd have died if it weren't for Raven.

He'd been passing by when he saw her, and without a second thought dove headfirst into the river.

They both almost died that day.

They both survived that day.

They both fell in love that day.

"Hello," he'd said. "My name is Raven."

After that first meeting, Skya lost all dreams of ruling the kingdom and began to think about Raven instead. They began meeting in secret. Not only were they of completely different ranks, but from different, warring tribes. If anyone found out, they'd have Raven killed. Or worse, tortured then killed.

So Skya led him to her secret hideaway. There, month after month, Raven made the journey to her. Nobody had ever shown that much devotion to her before, not even her family. All they cared about was winning the war and establishing dominance. Not Raven. He didn't care about her heritage, he care about her. Skya. The dragon she was, not the dragon she was supposed to be.

He loved her.

Thinking about her memories made a tear slip down Skya's muzzle, and she pressed her paws into Raven's.

"Always."
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
That's so neat! I'm really interested in the River of Time and what can be done with it now..
That's so neat! I'm really interested in the River of Time and what can be done with it now..
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
@Eskria
If a dragon has been mortally wounded, they can go into the River of Time and see their entire ancestry's lost memories. However, these memories only stay with them for about a week before disappearing. Important/significant ones may be remembered, but not always. However, in order to see these memories, the dragon must wound themself. This shows they are willing to take the risk, or have nothing to lose.
@Eskria
If a dragon has been mortally wounded, they can go into the River of Time and see their entire ancestry's lost memories. However, these memories only stay with them for about a week before disappearing. Important/significant ones may be remembered, but not always. However, in order to see these memories, the dragon must wound themself. This shows they are willing to take the risk, or have nothing to lose.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
@Eskria
Oh, but it dried up a long time ago. (this story is from a long time ago)
@Eskria
Oh, but it dried up a long time ago. (this story is from a long time ago)
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
That's cool 0.0
That's cool 0.0
@Eskria
Mm-hmm. I actually have the entirety of the plot mapped out already.
@Eskria
Mm-hmm. I actually have the entirety of the plot mapped out already.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
eeeee can't wait to hear it
eeeee can't wait to hear it
@Eskria right now?
@Eskria right now?
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
I don't have time to read it all right now but I can tomorrow- you're free to write it down whenever you feel though :)
I don't have time to read it all right now but I can tomorrow- you're free to write it down whenever you feel though :)
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 116 117