Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Old Skyhaven Thread
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 116 117
@Cynderfire
Okay then. Are you trading Whirlwind too?
@Cynderfire
Okay then. Are you trading Whirlwind too?
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
Yes.
Yes.
37058121.png61551039.png34617255.png54816967.png59626149.png
oH

(you still playing sh?)
oH

(you still playing sh?)
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
sure! its good to know someone else is scared lol
CStGtqv.png
chaos makes the muse.
› zae(yrn) | any prns
about me
icon dragon
[quote name="BrightBreeze" date="2020-10-10 12:18:52" ] sure! its good to know someone else is scared lol [/quote] Scared about what?
BrightBreeze wrote on 2020-10-10 12:18:52:
Scared about what?
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
I just don't have the time to play, and I'm trying to get my other RP Group up and running.
Combined with the other things in my life, I would have the time to dedicate until after Christmas. SH isn't the only thing I'm cutting out due to other obligations and mental health.

Plus Breeze has been in love with Strike day one lol
I just don't have the time to play, and I'm trying to get my other RP Group up and running.
Combined with the other things in my life, I would have the time to dedicate until after Christmas. SH isn't the only thing I'm cutting out due to other obligations and mental health.

[quote name="Zikitty" date="2020-10-10 12:19:26" ] [quote name="BrightBreeze" date="2020-10-10 12:18:52" ] sure! its good to know someone else is scared lol [/quote] Scared about what? [/quote] The femurs
Zikitty wrote on 2020-10-10 12:19:26:
BrightBreeze wrote on 2020-10-10 12:18:52:
Scared about what?

The femurs
[quote name="Cynderfire" date="2020-10-10 12:19:43" ] I just don't have the time to play, and I'm trying to get my other RP Group up and running. Combined with the other things in my life, I would have the time to dedicate until after Christmas. SH isn't the only thing I'm cutting out due to other obligations and mental health. Plus Breeze has been in love with Strike day one lol [/quote] Yes... this makes sense. I just need an answer of whether you are still playing SH or not. I can mark you down as 'oh hiatus' if you want (you'll still be a member), but if you want to leave the game entirely that's fine as well
Cynderfire wrote on 2020-10-10 12:19:43:

Yes... this makes sense. I just need an answer of whether you are still playing SH or not. I can mark you down as 'oh hiatus' if you want (you'll still be a member), but if you want to leave the game entirely that's fine as well
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
@Cynderfire @BrightBreeze @Eskria @Lunalis @PrinceOfSoup @Moonpool18 @MediaeLycan @Bezonox @Tweeter101 @Stolen @Enen16106 @Unicorn6 @Pandagirlhugs @SoaringFlame @LapisWings @CrystalDragon14

I kind of half-failed on a test and had to catch up a bit. So. Can every who doesn't have starters please tell me? I don't wanna have to dig through my messages to find them by pure sight. You don't have to submit the form again, just tell me whether you have or don't have starters.

Please be aware, before you get frustrated that a starter is taking so long is that I do not have bases or a website to do starter art for me. I am human and I have life as well, which will always be higher priority than this. I have school and homework. I don't expect you to be happy with this. I'm not either. But I expect you to understand it, at least.

(Note to Cynderfire that I have not yet transferred your dragons to BrightBreeze for reasons listed below)

Clarifying A Few Things
Skyhaven isn't Flight Rising. It may sound obvious, but you'll want to read this to get a better understanding of what I actually meant the game to be.

Like FR, Skyhaven takes place on a habitable planet like Earth, and has distinct elements, as well as different species of dragons that can interbreed. However, the main difference is that dragons cannot use magic, with the exception of Wispers. Why? The story goes that long ago Skyhaven was like a "perfect world", but a catastrophe (not giving it away) happened and Skyhaven was destroyed, over 97% of all life wiped out completely (yea, mass extinction). A small population of dragons managed to survive, and now they must explore and reclaim the world.

You, as beings yourself, do not exist in-game. You sill impersonate your dragons as they explore. Which is why I said that lore had to be reasonable*. If it is not, that's quite unfortunate because references will be made to lore when exploring. Note this does not mean that you have to have lore.

Dragon species can interbreed, but they can also produce hybrid dragons, or cross-breeds. These dragons will often have multiple magical alignments and have a mix of the two parent breeds' features and skills. Hybrid dragons can breed, but they cannot produce hybrid-hybrids.

Exploration will take place either on the website or on the forums. Forums will be more interactive, but the website will be used for most exploration efforts. In short, Skyhaven is not a dragon-collecting game.** Breeding can happen on any solid piece of land (even if it's in the sky), so dragons who are travelling can't breed momentarily. There is a limit to lair size, but this problem can be solved quite easily. Details will be listed later.

Does this mean you absolutely have to explore? Of course not. If you don't want to explore but want more lair space, you can ask a friend to clear out some wilderness for you.

Have I said "explore" to much? Nah.

Maybe. Probably.

Yes.

But the reason why is that there are various biomes, some of which you might've never heard about or don't exist on earth, such as I'm not giving anything away! And with these biomes... comes new dragons. Yes. The only*** way to discover new breeds^. Exploring. (lastly, the area we are all on right now is the First Island. very basic island, will post map soon, hopefully)

With no dragons, you can't explore and move on. (So... this is why Strike and Whirlwind will be staying with you for now, Cynderfire. If you would like to remain with a lair only on the First Island that is okay too, but I just wanted to let you know that you'd be better off with at least one dragon in your lair)

For the apparel shop, you can have unlimited outfits for almost free. Every other outfit costs 1 coin. Complicated outfits, like this that cannot be processed at a glance will be charged by complexity (average price: 10c).

For those of you on the Discord, I will be kicking everyone out for a little while as I redo the server. Yes, everyone. I will be disabling any active invites as well, so don't try to get back in until I've pinged you with the new link.^*

Applying Dragons for Jobs
Stats have not yet been revamped. However, there are some jobs open to any and all dragons. Post below using appropriate forms to apply. First come, first serve basis unless I find a valid reason to skip you. If I ever forget to give you your weekly salary, please remind me! Salaries are given out on Saturdays, anytime before rollover.^**

Form
Dragon name:
Job:
--- --- ---
Surveillance
No requirements
5 slots open
Area: First Island
Limit: 1 dragon per lair
Payment: 10c per week
Description: Once a week, five dragons will fly over the island, keeping tabs on the events happening around the Island, as well as new dragons and areas that need attention.
--- --- ---
Maintenance
No requirements
6 slots open
Limit: 2 dragons per lair
Description: These dragons are doing an often dirty but rewarding job - cleaning the island. They will rake away any stray foliage and do their best to make sure the Island remains a habitable place for all dragons.
--- --- ---
Caretakers
Sunwing or Wisper
2 slots open
Payment: 15c per week
Description: Oh, how painful it is to take care of a hatchling... while many families on the First Island take care of their own offspring, sometimes a wandering hatchling blunders onto the island, and it is up to the caretakers to make sure it stays healthy.
--- --- ---
Minty's Assistant
Just a blooper.

A List of Prices
Prices for each of the biomes vary, due to increasingly valuable artifacts. On the First Island, however, nothing except dragons/scrolls should be priced anything higher than 50c.

Average Prices for Items:*^*
Snacc: 2c
Full meal: 5c
Complex attire: 7-12c
Wild dragon: 25-60c
Bred dragon: 8-50c
Grayscale dragon: 200c
Grayscale scroll: 150c
Enchantment scroll: 78c
Pre-era charter: 300c

Changes in the System
While I have not gone around to updating the very-much-alpha-stage dragonlog, here is a preview of what the new stats system should look like (for all breeds, not individual):

Flight: How well a dragon can fly, in overall agility, speed, and stamina. If they cannot fly, this stat is set at 0.
Battle: How well a dragon can fight to protect itself, in overall agility and strength.
Defense: How well a dragon can defend itself on the battlefield, in overall agility and strength.
Stamina: How long a dragon can run, fly, or fight without tiring. An exact measurement.
Speed: How fast a dragon can run, fly, or fight at the maximum. An exact measurement.
Agility: How graceful a dragon is when performing any action, as well as their reflex speed.
Intelligence: How clever a dragon is at solving problems.
Strength: How strong a dragon is when performing any action. Must be learned.

Please, if I have missed anything, tell me! Whether it's a typo or just an obscure sentence. Suggestions for the game are always welcome, including new breeds. (pictures are preferred)

*It's okay if your dragon is larger than average, malnourished, or has very powerful wings, but it is not okay to say that your Sunwing can breathe fire and has fireproof scales if they actually do not or that your Korvhis can create pools out of nowhere. If a dragon's lore is too unrealistic, it will not be able to explore, meaning it must stay on the First Island.
**Or rather, it is, but it's main focus is not. The main focus is to restore the land, which will take a long time. Afterwards, you can focus more on breeding and collecting dragons.
***Not really, though. Sometimes, a new breed might visit already existing lairs, or you happen upon a hidden lair in somewhere you've already been to discover a new breed. Exploring is the most reliable way, though.
^Breeds will be adapted to their habitat. Don't expect to find an aquatic dragon in the middle of a desert, or a thick-furred dragon in the rainforest. And no, BrightBreeze, this does not mean furred dragons only live in cold areas. They live elsewhere in temperate climates as well.
^*You know when we have random chats here? Please keep those to the Discord, PMs, or any other private messaging system. I do not wish for this thread to be cluttered with random offtopic messages when I am searching for something. If I can no longer find anything within a this thread, I will make a new one, delete all other threads, and no longer allow offtopic discussion. As stated before, chatter here is fine, but don't fill several pages with say, only cat pictures.
^**Please wait until an hour after rollover to remind me to pay you if you find I haven't, and if you see any other people who are missing payments, remind me as well if they haven't reminded me themselves.
*^*Some items may not be released/available yet. If you are unsure what something is, please don't be afraid to ask!
@Cynderfire @BrightBreeze @Eskria @Lunalis @PrinceOfSoup @Moonpool18 @MediaeLycan @Bezonox @Tweeter101 @Stolen @Enen16106 @Unicorn6 @Pandagirlhugs @SoaringFlame @LapisWings @CrystalDragon14

I kind of half-failed on a test and had to catch up a bit. So. Can every who doesn't have starters please tell me? I don't wanna have to dig through my messages to find them by pure sight. You don't have to submit the form again, just tell me whether you have or don't have starters.

Please be aware, before you get frustrated that a starter is taking so long is that I do not have bases or a website to do starter art for me. I am human and I have life as well, which will always be higher priority than this. I have school and homework. I don't expect you to be happy with this. I'm not either. But I expect you to understand it, at least.

(Note to Cynderfire that I have not yet transferred your dragons to BrightBreeze for reasons listed below)

Clarifying A Few Things
Skyhaven isn't Flight Rising. It may sound obvious, but you'll want to read this to get a better understanding of what I actually meant the game to be.

Like FR, Skyhaven takes place on a habitable planet like Earth, and has distinct elements, as well as different species of dragons that can interbreed. However, the main difference is that dragons cannot use magic, with the exception of Wispers. Why? The story goes that long ago Skyhaven was like a "perfect world", but a catastrophe (not giving it away) happened and Skyhaven was destroyed, over 97% of all life wiped out completely (yea, mass extinction). A small population of dragons managed to survive, and now they must explore and reclaim the world.

You, as beings yourself, do not exist in-game. You sill impersonate your dragons as they explore. Which is why I said that lore had to be reasonable*. If it is not, that's quite unfortunate because references will be made to lore when exploring. Note this does not mean that you have to have lore.

Dragon species can interbreed, but they can also produce hybrid dragons, or cross-breeds. These dragons will often have multiple magical alignments and have a mix of the two parent breeds' features and skills. Hybrid dragons can breed, but they cannot produce hybrid-hybrids.

Exploration will take place either on the website or on the forums. Forums will be more interactive, but the website will be used for most exploration efforts. In short, Skyhaven is not a dragon-collecting game.** Breeding can happen on any solid piece of land (even if it's in the sky), so dragons who are travelling can't breed momentarily. There is a limit to lair size, but this problem can be solved quite easily. Details will be listed later.

Does this mean you absolutely have to explore? Of course not. If you don't want to explore but want more lair space, you can ask a friend to clear out some wilderness for you.

Have I said "explore" to much? Nah.

Maybe. Probably.

Yes.

But the reason why is that there are various biomes, some of which you might've never heard about or don't exist on earth, such as I'm not giving anything away! And with these biomes... comes new dragons. Yes. The only*** way to discover new breeds^. Exploring. (lastly, the area we are all on right now is the First Island. very basic island, will post map soon, hopefully)

With no dragons, you can't explore and move on. (So... this is why Strike and Whirlwind will be staying with you for now, Cynderfire. If you would like to remain with a lair only on the First Island that is okay too, but I just wanted to let you know that you'd be better off with at least one dragon in your lair)

For the apparel shop, you can have unlimited outfits for almost free. Every other outfit costs 1 coin. Complicated outfits, like this that cannot be processed at a glance will be charged by complexity (average price: 10c).

For those of you on the Discord, I will be kicking everyone out for a little while as I redo the server. Yes, everyone. I will be disabling any active invites as well, so don't try to get back in until I've pinged you with the new link.^*

Applying Dragons for Jobs
Stats have not yet been revamped. However, there are some jobs open to any and all dragons. Post below using appropriate forms to apply. First come, first serve basis unless I find a valid reason to skip you. If I ever forget to give you your weekly salary, please remind me! Salaries are given out on Saturdays, anytime before rollover.^**

Form
Dragon name:
Job:
--- --- ---
Surveillance
No requirements
5 slots open
Description: Once a week, five dragons will fly over the island, keeping tabs on the events happening around the Island, as well as new dragons and areas that need attention.
--- --- ---
Maintenance
No requirements
6 slots open
Limit: 2 dragons per lair
Description: These dragons are doing an often dirty but rewarding job - cleaning the island. They will rake away any stray foliage and do their best to make sure the Island remains a habitable place for all dragons.
--- --- ---
Caretakers
Sunwing or Wisper
2 slots open
Payment: 15c per week
Description: Oh, how painful it is to take care of a hatchling... while many families on the First Island take care of their own offspring, sometimes a wandering hatchling blunders onto the island, and it is up to the caretakers to make sure it stays healthy.
--- --- ---
Minty's Assistant
Just a blooper.

A List of Prices
Prices for each of the biomes vary, due to increasingly valuable artifacts. On the First Island, however, nothing except dragons/scrolls should be priced anything higher than 50c.

Average Prices for Items:*^*
Snacc: 2c
Full meal: 5c
Complex attire: 7-12c
Wild dragon: 25-60c
Bred dragon: 8-50c
Grayscale dragon: 200c
Grayscale scroll: 150c
Enchantment scroll: 78c
Pre-era charter: 300c

Changes in the System
While I have not gone around to updating the very-much-alpha-stage dragonlog, here is a preview of what the new stats system should look like (for all breeds, not individual):

Flight: How well a dragon can fly, in overall agility, speed, and stamina. If they cannot fly, this stat is set at 0.
Battle: How well a dragon can fight to protect itself, in overall agility and strength.
Defense: How well a dragon can defend itself on the battlefield, in overall agility and strength.
Stamina: How long a dragon can run, fly, or fight without tiring. An exact measurement.
Speed: How fast a dragon can run, fly, or fight at the maximum. An exact measurement.
Agility: How graceful a dragon is when performing any action, as well as their reflex speed.
Intelligence: How clever a dragon is at solving problems.
Strength: How strong a dragon is when performing any action. Must be learned.

Please, if I have missed anything, tell me! Whether it's a typo or just an obscure sentence. Suggestions for the game are always welcome, including new breeds. (pictures are preferred)

*It's okay if your dragon is larger than average, malnourished, or has very powerful wings, but it is not okay to say that your Sunwing can breathe fire and has fireproof scales if they actually do not or that your Korvhis can create pools out of nowhere. If a dragon's lore is too unrealistic, it will not be able to explore, meaning it must stay on the First Island.
**Or rather, it is, but it's main focus is not. The main focus is to restore the land, which will take a long time. Afterwards, you can focus more on breeding and collecting dragons.
***Not really, though. Sometimes, a new breed might visit already existing lairs, or you happen upon a hidden lair in somewhere you've already been to discover a new breed. Exploring is the most reliable way, though.
^Breeds will be adapted to their habitat. Don't expect to find an aquatic dragon in the middle of a desert, or a thick-furred dragon in the rainforest. And no, BrightBreeze, this does not mean furred dragons only live in cold areas. They live elsewhere in temperate climates as well.
^*You know when we have random chats here? Please keep those to the Discord, PMs, or any other private messaging system. I do not wish for this thread to be cluttered with random offtopic messages when I am searching for something. If I can no longer find anything within a this thread, I will make a new one, delete all other threads, and no longer allow offtopic discussion. As stated before, chatter here is fine, but don't fill several pages with say, only cat pictures.
^**Please wait until an hour after rollover to remind me to pay you if you find I haven't, and if you see any other people who are missing payments, remind me as well if they haven't reminded me themselves.
*^*Some items may not be released/available yet. If you are unsure what something is, please don't be afraid to ask!
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
Me waiting for registration to be open while Zikitty is releasing all this cool new stuff:

edit: 1000th post lol
Me waiting for registration to be open while Zikitty is releasing all this cool new stuff:

edit: 1000th post lol
pro tips:
- if you add a message to a CR then decline it, the person who you're trading with CAN'T see the message - editing a post DOES NOT re-ping any pings in the post. you have to remove the pings, submit, then add them back in.
1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 116 117