Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | adhd..? anyone? xD
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I don't have ADHD but I do have ADD. I'm diagnosed but I stopped taking medicine for it like four years ago because I felt like how a hospital smells. I can't explain it any more than that.

I have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time and my mind is constantly running at 100mph. I have a hard time falling asleep because of it so I take melatonin most nights. It's a real struggle especially when it comes to school work and remembering appointments.
I don't have ADHD but I do have ADD. I'm diagnosed but I stopped taking medicine for it like four years ago because I felt like how a hospital smells. I can't explain it any more than that.

I have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time and my mind is constantly running at 100mph. I have a hard time falling asleep because of it so I take melatonin most nights. It's a real struggle especially when it comes to school work and remembering appointments.
You will find no answers, only choices.
[quote name="Amura" date="2020-06-30 17:19:49" ] I was diagnosed with a mild case against my wishes. (Apparently it's super rare to not believe you have it, and be diagnosed with it) It meshes badly with my OCD. Sometimes I can do one thing for HOURS, and sometimes I can only concentrate on something for a minute. x_x Thank you brain, for being so weird... [/quote] YUP there's zero in between, I totally get that haha also if you wish to join the discord I'm interested in knowing about how it is having both ADHD and OCD, and same to @ItsKnifeTime and @HolrinnLair with autism (if everyone's comfortable talking about all that) @SuperLoli45 @ViewtifulJen I made a server :D its in one of my posts above haha
Amura wrote on 2020-06-30 17:19:49:
I was diagnosed with a mild case against my wishes. (Apparently it's super rare to not believe you have it, and be diagnosed with it)

It meshes badly with my OCD. Sometimes I can do one thing for HOURS, and sometimes I can only concentrate on something for a minute. x_x

Thank you brain, for being so weird...

YUP there's zero in between, I totally get that haha
also if you wish to join the discord I'm interested in knowing about how it is having both ADHD and OCD, and same to @ItsKnifeTime and @HolrinnLair with autism (if everyone's comfortable talking about all that)

@SuperLoli45 @ViewtifulJen I made a server :D its in one of my posts above haha

She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png
BT1N47G.pngLRdLP2V.pngmlHpBMC.png

OpalTitanium
@Mamushi Yeah I think I grew out of my H a bit? if thats a thing? And to the best of my ability I do understand what you're saying (also based on that and your signature you seem to have an awesome way with words!)
And same I suck at falling asleep sometimes. I take melatonin too sometimes but honestly I don't feel it makes a difference for me xD
I'm not quite adulting yet but I've missed so many deadlines and little things that other people just *dont forget* and its so frustrating :(((
@Mamushi Yeah I think I grew out of my H a bit? if thats a thing? And to the best of my ability I do understand what you're saying (also based on that and your signature you seem to have an awesome way with words!)
And same I suck at falling asleep sometimes. I take melatonin too sometimes but honestly I don't feel it makes a difference for me xD
I'm not quite adulting yet but I've missed so many deadlines and little things that other people just *dont forget* and its so frustrating :(((
She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png

OpalTitanium
@OpalTitanium Aww, thank you! I'm actually a published writer of four years now, though I've only published poetry. I have several novels and short stories in the works but ADD makes finishing them difficult.

As for the melatonin, what dose do you take? Perhaps you need to up the dosage? Also, I don't recommend taking it every night cause your body could build up a tolerance. Have you tried listening to ASMR? I find that helps me too.
@OpalTitanium Aww, thank you! I'm actually a published writer of four years now, though I've only published poetry. I have several novels and short stories in the works but ADD makes finishing them difficult.

As for the melatonin, what dose do you take? Perhaps you need to up the dosage? Also, I don't recommend taking it every night cause your body could build up a tolerance. Have you tried listening to ASMR? I find that helps me too.
@OpalTitanium
I don't have ADHD/ADD, but I do have Asperger's and OCD, if you think that's an interesting combination. Lol. :P
@OpalTitanium
I don't have ADHD/ADD, but I do have Asperger's and OCD, if you think that's an interesting combination. Lol. :P
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
@Mamushi that's hecking awesome!!!! What do you write about?
Also I completely understand, I haven't been writing a lot recently but I do write- and the only things i tend to actually finish are in the moment poems haha, its very frustrating
@Mamushi that's hecking awesome!!!! What do you write about?
Also I completely understand, I haven't been writing a lot recently but I do write- and the only things i tend to actually finish are in the moment poems haha, its very frustrating
She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png

OpalTitanium
@Hypercoaster I mean honestly I'm interested in all of it, probably going into a psych major sooo xD
I love hearing various challenges people have and just everyone's personal experience & how they work around things idk I love all of it -- oop already said that

Definitely feel free to join the discord! :D
also i LOVE your vista and dragon haha
@Hypercoaster I mean honestly I'm interested in all of it, probably going into a psych major sooo xD
I love hearing various challenges people have and just everyone's personal experience & how they work around things idk I love all of it -- oop already said that

Definitely feel free to join the discord! :D
also i LOVE your vista and dragon haha
She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png

OpalTitanium
@OpalTitanium My poetry is usually about love or depression (I was diagnosed February 2019). My prose on the other hand is usually horror, but they also have undertones about love.

For example, my newest short story is about a woman whose tooth falls into the shower drain. She doesn't worry about it until she starts hearing weird noises coming from the drain and slowly something starts growing out of it. It turns out to be a homunculus made from her dead skin cells and hair. She's disgusted by it at first but then starts treating it like her child. It's very strange, I know!

What do you write about? I'd love to read some of your stuff if you feel like sharing ^^
@OpalTitanium My poetry is usually about love or depression (I was diagnosed February 2019). My prose on the other hand is usually horror, but they also have undertones about love.

For example, my newest short story is about a woman whose tooth falls into the shower drain. She doesn't worry about it until she starts hearing weird noises coming from the drain and slowly something starts growing out of it. It turns out to be a homunculus made from her dead skin cells and hair. She's disgusted by it at first but then starts treating it like her child. It's very strange, I know!

What do you write about? I'd love to read some of your stuff if you feel like sharing ^^
@OpalTitanium
Glad you like my dragon and vista!

And in a nutshell, having OCD and being on the spectrum is kind of the polar opposite of ADD/ADHD. I'm all about hyperfocusing and details. I can't not pay attention to certain things.
@OpalTitanium
Glad you like my dragon and vista!

And in a nutshell, having OCD and being on the spectrum is kind of the polar opposite of ADD/ADHD. I'm all about hyperfocusing and details. I can't not pay attention to certain things.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
@Mamushi uHhhhh i got a lot of goosebumps reading that XD ((the excited kind- weirdly I don't get "scared" goosebumps?)) I would hecking absolutely love to read your stuff!! Especially that one haha
I really doubt I'm any good but I'm down to share :)
I mostly just write brief poems about feelings which vary a lot- they're pretty much all negative though (the ones I write about)
And my most recent story idea (and the only one I really think is any good xD) is about a girl who's a very enjoyable character at first, and then everything turns upside down and no one understands what's happening- turns out she's being dipped into a parallel dimension xD
It seems a bit unoriginal hoWEVER I really want to mess with logic and draw the reader into a sensation of feeling lost and confused (like the main character)- and also try to incorperate a ton of realism (for example the physics etc. of the other dimension might very well be different, so if you're halfway inside it... well you know XD stuff might go wrong)

Unfortunately I haven't even started, though but I have a google doc with the idea and some snippets haha
@Mamushi uHhhhh i got a lot of goosebumps reading that XD ((the excited kind- weirdly I don't get "scared" goosebumps?)) I would hecking absolutely love to read your stuff!! Especially that one haha
I really doubt I'm any good but I'm down to share :)
I mostly just write brief poems about feelings which vary a lot- they're pretty much all negative though (the ones I write about)
And my most recent story idea (and the only one I really think is any good xD) is about a girl who's a very enjoyable character at first, and then everything turns upside down and no one understands what's happening- turns out she's being dipped into a parallel dimension xD
It seems a bit unoriginal hoWEVER I really want to mess with logic and draw the reader into a sensation of feeling lost and confused (like the main character)- and also try to incorperate a ton of realism (for example the physics etc. of the other dimension might very well be different, so if you're halfway inside it... well you know XD stuff might go wrong)

Unfortunately I haven't even started, though but I have a google doc with the idea and some snippets haha
She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png

OpalTitanium
1 2 3 4 5 6 7