Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dappervolk Launch (with sign up link)
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
@hukofrim

I totally get the "small doses" bit. Doing the quests feels like an obligation rather than something fun. I find myself not caring about what the NPCs are saying or their character and just going through the motions so you get the rewards. And while it may be unfair to compare it to FR since despite having the same sort of audience they're marketing to I feel they're still different games I can't help but wish it was more a "leveling" system like FR has instead of a "quest" system. What they're basically doing is taking the idea of gacha game systems and applying it to a browser based game. It make work for some and may not work for others. I myself have a love-hate relationship with gacha type mobile games as it is and I don't really want them to start taking over when it comes to browser and desktop games.

Initially I liked it and was a bit excited but the longer I play the more disappointed I get. Not to say it's not good, and I'm still playing it after all, but I think it may end up not being my thing. Possibly. I feel like my first impression of it and how I feel now have done a complete 180.

I still really enjoy looking at the art though.

(I'm really trying not to sound too critical of it or discourage anyone from trying it out or continue playing. As far as I can tell there isn't anything wrong on a technical level with it as far as these sorts of games go. It's just not turning out to be a My Thing sort of deal. Perhaps).
@hukofrim

I totally get the "small doses" bit. Doing the quests feels like an obligation rather than something fun. I find myself not caring about what the NPCs are saying or their character and just going through the motions so you get the rewards. And while it may be unfair to compare it to FR since despite having the same sort of audience they're marketing to I feel they're still different games I can't help but wish it was more a "leveling" system like FR has instead of a "quest" system. What they're basically doing is taking the idea of gacha game systems and applying it to a browser based game. It make work for some and may not work for others. I myself have a love-hate relationship with gacha type mobile games as it is and I don't really want them to start taking over when it comes to browser and desktop games.

Initially I liked it and was a bit excited but the longer I play the more disappointed I get. Not to say it's not good, and I'm still playing it after all, but I think it may end up not being my thing. Possibly. I feel like my first impression of it and how I feel now have done a complete 180.

I still really enjoy looking at the art though.

(I'm really trying not to sound too critical of it or discourage anyone from trying it out or continue playing. As far as I can tell there isn't anything wrong on a technical level with it as far as these sorts of games go. It's just not turning out to be a My Thing sort of deal. Perhaps).
@Arcaena

I agree with you on the ‘obligation’ bit. It feels like I do the quests because I know they have a reward while completely skipping over the dialogue. Though maybe quests just don’t do it for me. I certainly didn’t enjoy the fetch quests at Subeta, either. And the gacha system! I also don’t want it to spread over to browser games. Not to mention that you can get locked out of NPC shops depending on the questline. I don’t like the fact that a player can end up not being able to have a way to access supposedly common items except for trading with other players. I know that they’re probably doing this in order to encourage trading within the community, but it’s just not for me.

But it is a nice game, if you’re looking for a more story-oriented game instead of FR where you basically do whatever you want. It definitely has a very different feel. From the art style to the site colors, it’s much more immersive especially with regards to the characters and their story.
@Arcaena

I agree with you on the ‘obligation’ bit. It feels like I do the quests because I know they have a reward while completely skipping over the dialogue. Though maybe quests just don’t do it for me. I certainly didn’t enjoy the fetch quests at Subeta, either. And the gacha system! I also don’t want it to spread over to browser games. Not to mention that you can get locked out of NPC shops depending on the questline. I don’t like the fact that a player can end up not being able to have a way to access supposedly common items except for trading with other players. I know that they’re probably doing this in order to encourage trading within the community, but it’s just not for me.

But it is a nice game, if you’re looking for a more story-oriented game instead of FR where you basically do whatever you want. It definitely has a very different feel. From the art style to the site colors, it’s much more immersive especially with regards to the characters and their story.
3a2eEFc.gif
When I'm doing the quests, I usually don't even read the things they're saying because it's so repetitive lol
When I'm doing the quests, I usually don't even read the things they're saying because it's so repetitive lol
I played Dappervolk during Beta and it has not changed very much since then.
The constant fetch quests are boring. You require items like training lances, farming shoes, etc. and the prices for these common items are jacked up on the tradesmarket.
Avatars tend to have an odd... same-face syndrome feel. There's little variety in the beginner items and the species themselves feel too similar as well. I wish there was lore to help further distinguish them
I rarely use the gacha shops seeing as whatever I need I can get from the tradesmarket without sinking thousands of potatoes into one shop to get one item.
The art is adorable and soft and misc forums can be fun. You can find me there quite a lot.
My Dappervolk is Diavalo #9903 if you'd like to add me.
I played Dappervolk during Beta and it has not changed very much since then.
The constant fetch quests are boring. You require items like training lances, farming shoes, etc. and the prices for these common items are jacked up on the tradesmarket.
Avatars tend to have an odd... same-face syndrome feel. There's little variety in the beginner items and the species themselves feel too similar as well. I wish there was lore to help further distinguish them
I rarely use the gacha shops seeing as whatever I need I can get from the tradesmarket without sinking thousands of potatoes into one shop to get one item.
The art is adorable and soft and misc forums can be fun. You can find me there quite a lot.
My Dappervolk is Diavalo #9903 if you'd like to add me.
525ij.gif + he/him
+ twenty mar10
+ hi hi!!
@LostOnTheMoon

No idea what this is, but looking at the homepage I am def going to try it out.
@LostOnTheMoon

No idea what this is, but looking at the homepage I am def going to try it out.
tumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o2_r1_250.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngtumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o5_r1_100.png
after playing dappervolk obsessively for a couple of days coming back to FR which is notably less saturated is strong whiplash
after playing dappervolk obsessively for a couple of days coming back to FR which is notably less saturated is strong whiplash
2.gif
My partner and I both played through beta. He hasn't really come back to it, but I've enjoyed playing the game casually and at my own pace so far. Managed to save enough potatoes to purchase the moth familiars, which made me really happy! I love moths.

Though, for a game that encourages interacting with the forums, I was surprised at how barebones it was, to be honest... Flight Rising's forums, in comparison, I find a lot more neater and easier to engage in.

Amorii #323 is my user, for anyone curious!

My partner and I both played through beta. He hasn't really come back to it, but I've enjoyed playing the game casually and at my own pace so far. Managed to save enough potatoes to purchase the moth familiars, which made me really happy! I love moths.

Though, for a game that encourages interacting with the forums, I was surprised at how barebones it was, to be honest... Flight Rising's forums, in comparison, I find a lot more neater and easier to engage in.

Amorii #323 is my user, for anyone curious!

Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
oml, forgot that game existed. i signed up for beta so long ago

wub #9168
oml, forgot that game existed. i signed up for beta so long ago

wub #9168
v6C5M8v.png sometimes looking for:
melting/brewing
fodder leveling
grinding
gem sales
Played for a couple of hours and definitely not touching it again. It is a mess and all the different things give you a sense of there being some meat on the bones maybe later on, but nope. It is just an illusion. The core loop is cluttered with unnecessary details.

Edit: I'm back to report that somehow?????? I got hooked? What the everloving foofers.......
Played for a couple of hours and definitely not touching it again. It is a mess and all the different things give you a sense of there being some meat on the bones maybe later on, but nope. It is just an illusion. The core loop is cluttered with unnecessary details.

Edit: I'm back to report that somehow?????? I got hooked? What the everloving foofers.......
Beat the main quest

Now we Sims baby
Beat the main quest

Now we Sims baby
BcpIF1O.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26