Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Who likes Warriors?
1 2 3
Once you're in you're never really out. I still roleplay on Kugyay, ten years later..
Once you're in you're never really out. I still roleplay on Kugyay, ten years later..
bloom-into-you-manga-banner.jpg
Something I still don't get is how did Leafpool and Crowfeather get a blue grey kit? Like Hollkit and Lionkit make sense but what about Jaykit? But the logic of them being Squirrelflight's kit make no sense, like yes for Lionkit but what about Hollykit and Jaykit? Make no sense for Bramblecalw and Squirrelflight.
Something I still don't get is how did Leafpool and Crowfeather get a blue grey kit? Like Hollkit and Lionkit make sense but what about Jaykit? But the logic of them being Squirrelflight's kit make no sense, like yes for Lionkit but what about Hollykit and Jaykit? Make no sense for Bramblecalw and Squirrelflight.
image0.pnghttps://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2876694
[quote name="MomentForgot" date="2020-05-31 09:31:36" ] Something I still don't get is how did Leafpool and Crowfeather get a blue grey kit? Like Hollkit and Lionkit make sense but what about Jaykit? But the logic of them being Squirrelflight's kit make no sense, like yes for Lionkit but what about Hollykit and Jaykit? Make no sense for Bramblecalw and Squirrelflight. [/quote] The genetics in Warriors is extremely questionable. Given that Firestar is bright ginger and Sandstorm is pale ginger, it makes zero sense for Leafpool to be a brown tabby AND for Squirrelflight to be dark ginger.
MomentForgot wrote on 2020-05-31 09:31:36:

The genetics in Warriors is extremely questionable. Given that Firestar is bright ginger and Sandstorm is pale ginger, it makes zero sense for Leafpool to be a brown tabby AND for Squirrelflight to be dark ginger.
i am not joking when I say Warriors led me to where I am and I can pin almost everything I'm interested in/doing on the day I picked up Into the Wild at the local Barnes & Nobles

It got me into art after I discovered those lovely MS Paint AMVs on youtube that were all the rage. That led me to discover how much I loved biology & physiology after I studiously studying cat anatomy so I could eventually make my own AMV. Now I'm studying in hopes to become a doctor... of pathology & physiology.

life is weird, man.

never did make an amv though because i also learned animation is hard and i am IMPATIENT
i am not joking when I say Warriors led me to where I am and I can pin almost everything I'm interested in/doing on the day I picked up Into the Wild at the local Barnes & Nobles

It got me into art after I discovered those lovely MS Paint AMVs on youtube that were all the rage. That led me to discover how much I loved biology & physiology after I studiously studying cat anatomy so I could eventually make my own AMV. Now I'm studying in hopes to become a doctor... of pathology & physiology.

life is weird, man.

never did make an amv though because i also learned animation is hard and i am IMPATIENT
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
I am developing a hatred for Squirrelflight's Hope.

Anyways, once I finish that book, I plan to read books 2 and 3 of The Broken Code, which have just been sitting around ever since I got them.
I am developing a hatred for Squirrelflight's Hope.

Anyways, once I finish that book, I plan to read books 2 and 3 of The Broken Code, which have just been sitting around ever since I got them.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="quincely" date="2020-05-31 12:13:16" ] i am not joking when I say Warriors led me to where I am and I can pin almost everything I'm interested in/doing on the day I picked up Into the Wild at the local Barnes & Nobles It got me into art after I discovered those lovely MS Paint AMVs on youtube that were all the rage. That led me to discover how much I loved biology & physiology after I studiously studying cat anatomy so I could eventually make my own AMV. Now I'm studying in hopes to become a doctor... of pathology & physiology. life is weird, man. never did make an amv though because i also learned animation is hard and i am IMPATIENT [/quote] dude SAME- this is exactly the reason why I got into arttttt
quincely wrote on 2020-05-31 12:13:16:

life is weird, man.

dude SAME- this is exactly the reason why I got into arttttt
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
[quote name="@MomentForgot" date="2020-05-31 09:31:36" ] Something I still don't get is how did Leafpool and Crowfeather get a blue grey kit? Like Hollkit and Lionkit make sense but what about Jaykit? But the logic of them being Squirrelflight's kit make no sense, like yes for Lionkit but what about Hollykit and Jaykit? Make no sense for Bramblecalw and Squirrelflight. [/quote] Crowfeather’s mother is Ashfoot ( a grey cat) so that might explain, jayfeather’s pelt color. I have read all the books so far, for me personally my favorite book is shattered sky, the book never got boring and each chapter just filled me with excitement on what will happen next. My least favorite book was The sight, i literally gave up reading it half way through and decided to start reading the rest a year later. Yeah, that’s how boring it was to me. Also the new cover was released recently, it looks awesome! [url=https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/23/6dpu.png]SPOILERS!!!!! COVER FOR THE NEW BOOK[/url]
@MomentForgot wrote on 2020-05-31 09:31:36:

Crowfeather’s mother is Ashfoot ( a grey cat) so that might explain, jayfeather’s pelt color.

I have read all the books so far, for me personally my favorite book is shattered sky, the book never got boring and each chapter just filled me with excitement on what will happen next. My least favorite book was The sight, i literally gave up reading it half way through and decided to start reading the rest a year later. Yeah, that’s how boring it was to me.

Also the new cover was released recently, it looks awesome!
SPOILERS!!!!! COVER FOR THE NEW BOOK
ME!!! I love these books! I haven't finished the series yet, cause life got busy. But I'm so working on it! I also love the series Seekers from Erin Hunter.
ME!!! I love these books! I haven't finished the series yet, cause life got busy. But I'm so working on it! I also love the series Seekers from Erin Hunter.
z8s5c34.png
xCVbB5p.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
BFVZRH3.png
It Takes Many Roots Adoption
OP4B0K6.png
YMPbu9R.png
DPrCB0j.gif
D6ecfMc.pngGJZzfu4.pngEelxG9K.pngPE8KYEr.pngmAFMz5a.png
DJmuger.png
I have a love/hate relationship with this series. The most recent book, Veil of Shadows, I finished in one night but I was livid the whole time. [quote name="Yuue" date="2020-05-31 12:17:13" ] [quote name="Ruan" date="2020-05-31 09:57:52" ] [quote name="MomentForgot" date="2020-05-31 09:31:36" ] Something I still don't get is how did Leafpool and Crowfeather get a blue grey kit? Like Hollkit and Lionkit make sense but what about Jaykit? But the logic of them being Squirrelflight's kit make no sense, like yes for Lionkit but what about Hollykit and Jaykit? Make no sense for Bramblecalw and Squirrelflight. [/quote] The genetics in Warriors is extremely questionable. Given that Firestar is bright ginger and Sandstorm is pale ginger, it makes zero sense for Leafpool to be a brown tabby AND for Squirrelflight to be dark ginger. [/quote] don't forget all those male calicoes/tortoiseshells! [/quote] Jaykit makes sense because grey is dilute black, Crowfeather is black (with a grey mother, so we know he probably has recessive dilution genes) and Leafpool is a dilute brown. Put them together, and you have a mixed chance for dilute kits. Lionkit is definitely the one that doesn't make sense - brown sure from Leafpool, but where is the golden shading coming from??? I'm not expert, but I love cat genetics! Some fun facts to spoil characters for you: [LIST] [*]Squirrelflight cannot have just [i]one[/i] white foot. Both of her front feet, if not all four, would need to have white (this also in turn applies to Scourge) [*]Redtail, being a calico, would not be able to have kits (Sol still works in this sense, as he does not canonically have any kits) [*]Sparkpelt cannot be a solid ginger cat, she would have been a tortie. This is due to how the red colour works in female vs male cats [*]Hawkfrost would not have had any white on him, as neither of his parents have white (Sasha appears to be a colourpoint, which is different) [*]Jeayfeather would not have blue eyes, not without having white on his body (though, now that his eyes are called cloudy canonically - [i]thanks for ruining the canon again, editing team ffs[/i] - it might still work if they only [u]appear[/u] blue due to the clouding) [*]Ginger cats, unless they are specifically bred for it or are ticked tabbies, will always show tabby markings even if they are not actually a tabby (this also applies to the patches on calicos). Ticked tabbies would still have, at least, 'ghost' patterns on their legs and tails [*]Blossomfall is an impossible calico, since both of her parents are grey and have absolutely no red on them (this also applies to Tawnypelt, and any red cats born to non-red parents) [*]Tigerstar would not have been a tabby, as neither of his parents had tabby patterns [*]The amount of solid white cats with blue eyes [b]who are not deaf[/b] is a sin. Same with the lack of white cats with odd eyes (one blue and one green, as an example) [/LIST] Some other facts that don't involve genetics that warriors gets wrong: [LIST] [*]Cats can drink saltwater just fine, they have incredibly powerful kidneys. So their fear of the saltwater in Bramblestar's Storm is illogical, and the cats getting sick unlikely. We can just pretend those who got sick had pre-existing kidney problems, and they assumed that meant they would all get sick [*]Cats can land on their feet just fine from virtually any height, even apartment buildings (though not recommended). The amount of times they fall and break a leg is absurd [*]Cats that ate nothing but fish would get sick and die, or even from a primarily fish diet. This is because of thiaminase, which exists in a lot of fish, causing thiamine deficiency (lack of vitamin B1. This is also why you shouldn't feed animals goldfish as a feeder food - they are high in thiaminase, but also in general goldfish are like the mcdonald's of the feeder fish world). So RIP WindClan's diet gimmick [*]Water does not 'wash away' smell, in fact damp and wet places hold scents better than dry. I swear I have an aneurysm every time it rains in Warriors and they complain of lost tracks Thanks for getting this far!
I have a love/hate relationship with this series. The most recent book, Veil of Shadows, I finished in one night but I was livid the whole time.
Yuue wrote on 2020-05-31 12:17:13:
Ruan wrote on 2020-05-31 09:57:52:
MomentForgot wrote on 2020-05-31 09:31:36:

The genetics in Warriors is extremely questionable. Given that Firestar is bright ginger and Sandstorm is pale ginger, it makes zero sense for Leafpool to be a brown tabby AND for Squirrelflight to be dark ginger.

don't forget all those male calicoes/tortoiseshells!

Jaykit makes sense because grey is dilute black, Crowfeather is black (with a grey mother, so we know he probably has recessive dilution genes) and Leafpool is a dilute brown. Put them together, and you have a mixed chance for dilute kits. Lionkit is definitely the one that doesn't make sense - brown sure from Leafpool, but where is the golden shading coming from???

I'm not expert, but I love cat genetics! Some fun facts to spoil characters for you:
  • Squirrelflight cannot have just one white foot. Both of her front feet, if not all four, would need to have white (this also in turn applies to Scourge)
  • Redtail, being a calico, would not be able to have kits (Sol still works in this sense, as he does not canonically have any kits)
  • Sparkpelt cannot be a solid ginger cat, she would have been a tortie. This is due to how the red colour works in female vs male cats
  • Hawkfrost would not have had any white on him, as neither of his parents have white (Sasha appears to be a colourpoint, which is different)
  • Jeayfeather would not have blue eyes, not without having white on his body (though, now that his eyes are called cloudy canonically - thanks for ruining the canon again, editing team *** - it might still work if they only appear blue due to the clouding)
  • Ginger cats, unless they are specifically bred for it or are ticked tabbies, will always show tabby markings even if they are not actually a tabby (this also applies to the patches on calicos). Ticked tabbies would still have, at least, 'ghost' patterns on their legs and tails
  • Blossomfall is an impossible calico, since both of her parents are grey and have absolutely no red on them (this also applies to Tawnypelt, and any red cats born to non-red parents)
  • Tigerstar would not have been a tabby, as neither of his parents had tabby patterns
  • The amount of solid white cats with blue eyes who are not deaf is a sin. Same with the lack of white cats with odd eyes (one blue and one green, as an example)

Some other facts that don't involve genetics that warriors gets wrong:
  • Cats can drink saltwater just fine, they have incredibly powerful kidneys. So their fear of the saltwater in Bramblestar's Storm is illogical, and the cats getting sick unlikely. We can just pretend those who got sick had pre-existing kidney problems, and they assumed that meant they would all get sick
  • Cats can land on their feet just fine from virtually any height, even apartment buildings (though not recommended). The amount of times they fall and break a leg is absurd
  • Cats that ate nothing but fish would get sick and die, or even from a primarily fish diet. This is because of thiaminase, which exists in a lot of fish, causing thiamine deficiency (lack of vitamin B1. This is also why you shouldn't feed animals goldfish as a feeder food - they are high in thiaminase, but also in general goldfish are like the mcdonald's of the feeder fish world). So RIP WindClan's diet gimmick
  • Water does not 'wash away' smell, in fact damp and wet places hold scents better than dry. I swear I have an aneurysm every time it rains in Warriors and they complain of lost tracks

Thanks for getting this far!
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I was obsessed with the series from 2010-2013. I stopped reading around book 4 (or 5?) of Dawn of the Clans - just kind of stopped caring. I periodically have nostalgic urges to read them again, but am also afraid to in case they don't hold up to my treasured memories.
I was obsessed with the series from 2010-2013. I stopped reading around book 4 (or 5?) of Dawn of the Clans - just kind of stopped caring. I periodically have nostalgic urges to read them again, but am also afraid to in case they don't hold up to my treasured memories.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
1 2 3