Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me random facts
1 2 3
I’m bored, anyone have some interesting facts? I want to know about what you’re interested in

Here are some of mine, I like animals so~
  • Goats don’t have teeth on their upper jaw, instead they have a tough pad
  • Chickens make “egg songs” whenever they lay an egg
  • Goats are very smart and can be taught tricks, all of mine know how to shake for treats like dogs
  • Neutered male goats are called wethers
I’m bored, anyone have some interesting facts? I want to know about what you’re interested in

Here are some of mine, I like animals so~
  • Goats don’t have teeth on their upper jaw, instead they have a tough pad
  • Chickens make “egg songs” whenever they lay an egg
  • Goats are very smart and can be taught tricks, all of mine know how to shake for treats like dogs
  • Neutered male goats are called wethers
8HS4awg.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.giftRvB8Xn.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +1 time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdragons for sale
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifplease give credit for any art/lore from forum games if used

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgo drink some water :)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Search!!!

Here ya go, I like animals too

-Bees don't have lungs
-There's a jellyfish somewhere around the Caribbean sea that is unable to die of old age, it regenerates from adult to baby. It's really small though.
-Geese have teeth on their tongue, well, technically it's not teeth but it's still pretty rad
-Moray eels have pharyngeal jaws, meaning they have a another mouth in their mouth like from the movie Alien
-Elephants can't jump they just too chonk
-Deer can't eat hay
-A haw is the third eyelid of a cat, you really don't see it though unless the cat is unwell
Here ya go, I like animals too

-Bees don't have lungs
-There's a jellyfish somewhere around the Caribbean sea that is unable to die of old age, it regenerates from adult to baby. It's really small though.
-Geese have teeth on their tongue, well, technically it's not teeth but it's still pretty rad
-Moray eels have pharyngeal jaws, meaning they have a another mouth in their mouth like from the movie Alien
-Elephants can't jump they just too chonk
-Deer can't eat hay
-A haw is the third eyelid of a cat, you really don't see it though unless the cat is unwell
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
Pitch and rhythm are essentially the same thing, pitch is just really fast rhythm. I’m gonna attach a link so you can hear how rhythm morphs into different intervals based on the ratio between the two claps.
Pitch and rhythm are essentially the same thing, pitch is just really fast rhythm. I’m gonna attach a link so you can hear how rhythm morphs into different intervals based on the ratio between the two claps.
UZIDWtE.png phryg
FR +0
they/them
linguist and language learner
sprite credit @Meese
oh perfect! i just watched a bunch of random videos. here's a few:

- the moon is so far from the earth, you could fit all the planets in the solar system in the distance between the two of them

- the chernobyl exclusion zone will not be safe to enter until around the year 22,000

- betelgeuse (the star) will have a supernova visible from earth within a million years, and will be so strong that it will look like there will be 2 suns

and that's it because i forgot anything else that might be interesting lmao
oh perfect! i just watched a bunch of random videos. here's a few:

- the moon is so far from the earth, you could fit all the planets in the solar system in the distance between the two of them

- the chernobyl exclusion zone will not be safe to enter until around the year 22,000

- betelgeuse (the star) will have a supernova visible from earth within a million years, and will be so strong that it will look like there will be 2 suns

and that's it because i forgot anything else that might be interesting lmao
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
okay most of them are video game related im sorry in advance

- studio ghibli actually did the inbetweens on the (notoriously weird and awkward) fire emblem OVA but they got miscredited so nobody really knew
- rats are often really sweet and friendly and will share their food with each other
- domestic guinea pigs make a noise when they want food, wild pigs make the noise when there's dangre
- theres a horribly translated version of one of the fire emblem games where the characters sometimes speak in keysmash and one of them makes a yu-gi-oh parody(? something like that) reference that was so popular it became a meme
- another different fire emblem game commercial from 2003(? i think) spawned a meme so powerful, nintendo added the character it was making fun of into their FE gatcha mobile app with a reference to the ad. for some reason the ad has a minor character, dorcas killed by poison and some random guy says "trust no one" and the line was given to him in the game

edit: AND a guy from the game that was badly translated also reached memelord status and is actually one of the most popular characters despite nobody really playing that game or even knowing about it outside of the translation
okay most of them are video game related im sorry in advance

- studio ghibli actually did the inbetweens on the (notoriously weird and awkward) fire emblem OVA but they got miscredited so nobody really knew
- rats are often really sweet and friendly and will share their food with each other
- domestic guinea pigs make a noise when they want food, wild pigs make the noise when there's dangre
- theres a horribly translated version of one of the fire emblem games where the characters sometimes speak in keysmash and one of them makes a yu-gi-oh parody(? something like that) reference that was so popular it became a meme
- another different fire emblem game commercial from 2003(? i think) spawned a meme so powerful, nintendo added the character it was making fun of into their FE gatcha mobile app with a reference to the ad. for some reason the ad has a minor character, dorcas killed by poison and some random guy says "trust no one" and the line was given to him in the game

edit: AND a guy from the game that was badly translated also reached memelord status and is actually one of the most popular characters despite nobody really playing that game or even knowing about it outside of the translation
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->hjmaO1.pngxSaWI1.pngLDOIs1.pngunknown.png
When an owl started bobbing or moving their heads around, it means they are curious and wants to expand their vision.
When an owl started bobbing or moving their heads around, it means they are curious and wants to expand their vision.
image0.pnghttps://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2876694
  • binturongs or bearcats have chemicals in their urine that make them smell like buttered popcorn! the chemical in question, 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, is created in the process of popping popcorn, as well as in freshly cooked rice and toasted bread.
  • almost all parrots are zygodactyls! most birds have 4 toes on their feet, 3 facing forward and 1 facing back. birds that are zygodactyls, however, have 2 facing forward and 2 facing back! this foot structure makes it much easier for parrots to climb from branch to branch like they would in a forest canopy, and it also means they can manipulate food with their toes
  • kookaburras are the world's largest kingfisher! laughing kookaburra are the sort of flagship species, but kookaburras (the dacelo genus) are actually made up of 5 different species, including the spangled kookaburra and the rufous-bellied kookaburra. all 5 species are native only to australia, new guinea, and the aru islands

i have more, these were just the first 3 animals i thought of that i've worked with or helped with husbandry for in the ambassador animal department where i work
  • binturongs or bearcats have chemicals in their urine that make them smell like buttered popcorn! the chemical in question, 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline, is created in the process of popping popcorn, as well as in freshly cooked rice and toasted bread.
  • almost all parrots are zygodactyls! most birds have 4 toes on their feet, 3 facing forward and 1 facing back. birds that are zygodactyls, however, have 2 facing forward and 2 facing back! this foot structure makes it much easier for parrots to climb from branch to branch like they would in a forest canopy, and it also means they can manipulate food with their toes
  • kookaburras are the world's largest kingfisher! laughing kookaburra are the sort of flagship species, but kookaburras (the dacelo genus) are actually made up of 5 different species, including the spangled kookaburra and the rufous-bellied kookaburra. all 5 species are native only to australia, new guinea, and the aru islands

i have more, these were just the first 3 animals i thought of that i've worked with or helped with husbandry for in the ambassador animal department where i work
Quarantine time? Might as well start dragons again.
BPco0tZ.png John - He/Him - Punk Clown DVynlKm.png
wlKuV.gif J3109.gif I5IC1.gif
My favorite fact to share is that sea otters hold hands while sleeping so they don't drift apart.
My favorite fact to share is that sea otters hold hands while sleeping so they don't drift apart.
She/Her | Pinging is always fine! | Current icon dragon is Rose | Yoyo trinket suggestion
Flowering plants know whether it's day or night via a photoreceptor protein, and use this information to know when to bloom! Humans use this information to get flowers to bloom out of season!

Most local governments opt to plant 'male' trees so they don't have to clean up the seeds of the 'female' trees. Unfortunately, this is why your seasonal allergies get worse every year.

If a flower is red, it probably relies mainly on birds for pollination! (Bees can't see the color red, birds can)

There is a cluster of trees in Utah that are actually one tree! At 80,000 years old and over 6,000 tons, it is both the oldest and the heaviest living thing!

PLANTS, MAN
Flowering plants know whether it's day or night via a photoreceptor protein, and use this information to know when to bloom! Humans use this information to get flowers to bloom out of season!

Most local governments opt to plant 'male' trees so they don't have to clean up the seeds of the 'female' trees. Unfortunately, this is why your seasonal allergies get worse every year.

If a flower is red, it probably relies mainly on birds for pollination! (Bees can't see the color red, birds can)

There is a cluster of trees in Utah that are actually one tree! At 80,000 years old and over 6,000 tons, it is both the oldest and the heaviest living thing!

PLANTS, MAN
66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

Secretariat, the 1973 Triple Crown winner, had a chest so big his saddle girth needed to be custom made. At his death in 1989, the vet who performed his necropsy was absolutely stunned at how large the horse's heart was. Although he did not weigh it, the vet estimated Secretariat's heart weighed a full 22 lbs; 2.5 times the size of the average horse's heart. Small wonder he won the Belmont Stakes with a lead of 31 lengths!
Martin Luther King Jr. and Anne Frank were both born in 1929 (Dr. King being older by almost exactly six months).

Secretariat, the 1973 Triple Crown winner, had a chest so big his saddle girth needed to be custom made. At his death in 1989, the vet who performed his necropsy was absolutely stunned at how large the horse's heart was. Although he did not weigh it, the vet estimated Secretariat's heart weighed a full 22 lbs; 2.5 times the size of the average horse's heart. Small wonder he won the Belmont Stakes with a lead of 31 lengths!
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -Douglas Adams
1 2 3