Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | dumbest way you've hurt urself
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 118 119
1. Tried to run up the stairs, slipped because my sock was loose, caught myself with my outstretched arms, and ended up breaking my right scapula (shoulder blade) which is one of the hardest bones in in the body to break. This was in January-ish 2015, and it still hurts sometimes. It didn't heal right and now I can't lift my right arm very high at all.

2. Subluxated (dislocated but went back in on its own, basically) my shoulder playing Wii Sports. Subluxated my shoulder many times during sleep. Subluxated my shoulder just from moving it too far. In case you're wondering, yes, I do have a working diagnosis of hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. My doctors want me to see the geneticist to rule out other types of EDS before they finalize it, but for now, they're treating the symptoms and comorbidities and doing regular testing, e.g. checking my heart. My doctor said I score 8/9 on the Beighton scale. When I was younger, I scored 9/9, but I messed up my back enough that I can't do the bending over with hands flat on the ground one anymore, plus the doctor said that my hamstrings (the tendons in the back of the knee) are overly tight to compensate for hypermobility, which also makes it hard to do the bending one now.

3. Bent my knee backwards and injured it just by walking when I was younger. Both knees. Many times. Still do sometimes. Again, EDS.

4. Dropped a sword on my foot. A real sword. Thankfully, it was dull, as it was used for a joust I used to volunteer at a renaissance festival before my health got too poor and I had to "retire". (I was a squire, meaning I basically just helped the knights and did any work that didn't involve actually jousting.) The actual lance passes in the jousting troupe I worked with are real, the knights aren't faking it when they fall off the horses, and the lances aren't scored to break easily. They just hit hard enough to break the lance on their opponent's armor (which is also authentic armor).

The swordfight, however, is mostly choreographed, so they dulled the swords. But they hit decently hard enough on their opponent's armor to make a loud clang sound for the audience. And sometimes one knight hits the other on the head with a metal shield, after the helmet is already taken off.

That said, I'm surprised my knight friends aren't the ones who get hurt, at least (usually) not seriously hurt. I, a humble squire, am the injury magnet.
1. Tried to run up the stairs, slipped because my sock was loose, caught myself with my outstretched arms, and ended up breaking my right scapula (shoulder blade) which is one of the hardest bones in in the body to break. This was in January-ish 2015, and it still hurts sometimes. It didn't heal right and now I can't lift my right arm very high at all.

2. Subluxated (dislocated but went back in on its own, basically) my shoulder playing Wii Sports. Subluxated my shoulder many times during sleep. Subluxated my shoulder just from moving it too far. In case you're wondering, yes, I do have a working diagnosis of hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. My doctors want me to see the geneticist to rule out other types of EDS before they finalize it, but for now, they're treating the symptoms and comorbidities and doing regular testing, e.g. checking my heart. My doctor said I score 8/9 on the Beighton scale. When I was younger, I scored 9/9, but I messed up my back enough that I can't do the bending over with hands flat on the ground one anymore, plus the doctor said that my hamstrings (the tendons in the back of the knee) are overly tight to compensate for hypermobility, which also makes it hard to do the bending one now.

3. Bent my knee backwards and injured it just by walking when I was younger. Both knees. Many times. Still do sometimes. Again, EDS.

4. Dropped a sword on my foot. A real sword. Thankfully, it was dull, as it was used for a joust I used to volunteer at a renaissance festival before my health got too poor and I had to "retire". (I was a squire, meaning I basically just helped the knights and did any work that didn't involve actually jousting.) The actual lance passes in the jousting troupe I worked with are real, the knights aren't faking it when they fall off the horses, and the lances aren't scored to break easily. They just hit hard enough to break the lance on their opponent's armor (which is also authentic armor).

The swordfight, however, is mostly choreographed, so they dulled the swords. But they hit decently hard enough on their opponent's armor to make a loud clang sound for the audience. And sometimes one knight hits the other on the head with a metal shield, after the helmet is already taken off.

That said, I'm surprised my knight friends aren't the ones who get hurt, at least (usually) not seriously hurt. I, a humble squire, am the injury magnet.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
I was playing Just Dance, and there was part of a song where the footsteps went something like (kick, ball, change, step) and in doing that my toenails scraped a rather large patch of skin from my left heel. Fun times.
I was playing Just Dance, and there was part of a song where the footsteps went something like (kick, ball, change, step) and in doing that my toenails scraped a rather large patch of skin from my left heel. Fun times.
LMLA6wg.png dT9HQge.pngLRdLP2V.png
P5OVHxF.png1YB0OjO.png
NlmYDAS.pngJ7D1quC.png

5hF3FGk.pngrix3ppo.png
uPNWHgD.pngR1dejfm.png
Oh! My church’s youth group has a talent show yearly, and my first time doing it, I was watching the rehearsal with everyone else. They dragged out these super old, rickety picnic tables for people to sit on. Well I was tiny and everyone else was tall, and I didn’t want to sit on the grass, for it was muddy, and so I stood up on the table part of the picnic tables. Well, I was walking from the end of one table to the end of another, and when I got to the end of the first table, the board cracked beneath me, so I went slamming into the boards of the other table, then back again. I had so many splinters, a huge scrape on my knee (that outlined a cross, funnily enough), and a minor concussion. And I was muddy.
Oh! My church’s youth group has a talent show yearly, and my first time doing it, I was watching the rehearsal with everyone else. They dragged out these super old, rickety picnic tables for people to sit on. Well I was tiny and everyone else was tall, and I didn’t want to sit on the grass, for it was muddy, and so I stood up on the table part of the picnic tables. Well, I was walking from the end of one table to the end of another, and when I got to the end of the first table, the board cracked beneath me, so I went slamming into the boards of the other table, then back again. I had so many splinters, a huge scrape on my knee (that outlined a cross, funnily enough), and a minor concussion. And I was muddy.
LMLA6wg.png dT9HQge.pngLRdLP2V.png
P5OVHxF.png1YB0OjO.png
NlmYDAS.pngJ7D1quC.png

5hF3FGk.pngrix3ppo.png
uPNWHgD.pngR1dejfm.png
@Namira
oof ive had to deal with painful subluxated joints before. ive had my shoulders and knees slip while showering and stuff simple like that,, its never fun, especially when something pinches on its way back. i have EDS and so do multiple members of my family so weve all got strange injury stories
@Namira
oof ive had to deal with painful subluxated joints before. ive had my shoulders and knees slip while showering and stuff simple like that,, its never fun, especially when something pinches on its way back. i have EDS and so do multiple members of my family so weve all got strange injury stories
i, in the same week, have cut my right thumb with my finger and then the same thumb with a pair of scissors. i do this a lot.
today i went out to the garage to get something and scraped my leg on the license plate of the car. it hurt, but not too badly.
i, in the same week, have cut my right thumb with my finger and then the same thumb with a pair of scissors. i do this a lot.
today i went out to the garage to get something and scraped my leg on the license plate of the car. it hurt, but not too badly.
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
@remnio

Here in Northern Virginia, it gets below freezing in the night, and gets to 45 degrees in the day(winter). What happens is that it snows during the night, melts during the day, but then freezes again which means we have ice all over the place. I slipped and fell, but only got a bruise. I actually haven't broken a bone before tbh.
@remnio

Here in Northern Virginia, it gets below freezing in the night, and gets to 45 degrees in the day(winter). What happens is that it snows during the night, melts during the day, but then freezes again which means we have ice all over the place. I slipped and fell, but only got a bruise. I actually haven't broken a bone before tbh.
Sol-hatchery-signature.png dogbadge.png
Broke a bunch a toes all at once because my blind butt couldn’t see the huge thing on the floor that’s literally been there for years and I just thought it would be a good idea to rush through this area.
Broke a bunch a toes all at once because my blind butt couldn’t see the huge thing on the floor that’s literally been there for years and I just thought it would be a good idea to rush through this area.
64044332-Hoard.png xeDKNxe.png
snapped my toe nail because i was running too fast and my shoes were getting kinda small for my feet.
snapped my toe nail because i was running too fast and my shoes were getting kinda small for my feet.
jV8cp4z.gif
I slid on a puddle of saliva my dog left on the ground and cracked my forehead on the kitchen counter

I also burnt myself just recently by accidentally tapping a pan lid with my arm. It looks like I branded myself

I have a phat bruise on my head and a scar from playing blind hide and seek...two separate instances.
I slid on a puddle of saliva my dog left on the ground and cracked my forehead on the kitchen counter

I also burnt myself just recently by accidentally tapping a pan lid with my arm. It looks like I branded myself

I have a phat bruise on my head and a scar from playing blind hide and seek...two separate instances.
russianoreo_1.gif
Fronter(s): Vicky
About our system!
My art shop!
brokenankles_2.gifspinnyidle_1.gif
I have a long history of stupid injuries:

When I was five I had to get a cast because my little brother slammed my finger into a door.

Dropped more bottles, cans, cups, and boxes on my feet than I can count. And if it doesn't hit me it hits the floor with a very loud and painful sound.

I've fallen and skimmed my knees so many times I still have faint scars. Highlights include managing to hurt myself on the bottom of a pool, falling while running in school and having to walk down the street back to the nurse's office, and getting flung off my scooter over an uneven piece of sidewalk.

When I was twelve I had some sleepwalking issues, and jelly-legged so hard trying to get out of bed that I fell down onto my ankle twice. As it turns out, I snapped a tendon and spent the next year recovering.

A few years back I skinned part of my thumb on one of those plastic store sales tags. Somehow.

In January this year I bruised the bone on one of my toes by slamming it into a cupboard while playing a variant of tag with a youth group. Didn't stop me cause I was having too much fun, but it hurt like hell afterwards.
I have a long history of stupid injuries:

When I was five I had to get a cast because my little brother slammed my finger into a door.

Dropped more bottles, cans, cups, and boxes on my feet than I can count. And if it doesn't hit me it hits the floor with a very loud and painful sound.

I've fallen and skimmed my knees so many times I still have faint scars. Highlights include managing to hurt myself on the bottom of a pool, falling while running in school and having to walk down the street back to the nurse's office, and getting flung off my scooter over an uneven piece of sidewalk.

When I was twelve I had some sleepwalking issues, and jelly-legged so hard trying to get out of bed that I fell down onto my ankle twice. As it turns out, I snapped a tendon and spent the next year recovering.

A few years back I skinned part of my thumb on one of those plastic store sales tags. Somehow.

In January this year I bruised the bone on one of my toes by slamming it into a cupboard while playing a variant of tag with a youth group. Didn't stop me cause I was having too much fun, but it hurt like hell afterwards.
ice_small.png tRvB8Xn.pngg585y1V.pngbYt72YT.pngJ7D1quC.png
BT1N47G.pngIUweZNB.pngqhK4FYS.png5hF3FGk.png
Just a tired gal who likes to talk too much ^^
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 118 119