Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | you ever write something
1 2
...that makes you go damn, I'm great at writing! even as much as a sentence or paragraph, it just sounds so pleasing to the ear and has such a nice flow that it makes you puff out your chest and strut about like a peacock like yes! I made that!
if you've got anything like this I want to read it! post here please share and be proud!! here's a line that I wrote that I thought was nice to get started:

The room is barely lit, the dim glow of the winter sun pretty much the only thing keeping us from darkness...The rest is just as dull as the light: gray, fading, transient, just waiting for the day to end so it can move elsewhere.

(you dont have to offer praise to mine or anything, especially if you dont think its great. I'm not calling myself a poet laureate or anything, but I'm usually extremely picky and critical with my work and I just thought it was nice)
...that makes you go damn, I'm great at writing! even as much as a sentence or paragraph, it just sounds so pleasing to the ear and has such a nice flow that it makes you puff out your chest and strut about like a peacock like yes! I made that!
if you've got anything like this I want to read it! post here please share and be proud!! here's a line that I wrote that I thought was nice to get started:

The room is barely lit, the dim glow of the winter sun pretty much the only thing keeping us from darkness...The rest is just as dull as the light: gray, fading, transient, just waiting for the day to end so it can move elsewhere.

(you dont have to offer praise to mine or anything, especially if you dont think its great. I'm not calling myself a poet laureate or anything, but I'm usually extremely picky and critical with my work and I just thought it was nice)
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
yeah it makes me wanna be a furry
yeah it makes me wanna be a furry
I'm great at doing one liners out of nowhere but I always get lost in a story. Everytime I start writing I get distracted/get bored and start on another thing.
I'm great at doing one liners out of nowhere but I always get lost in a story. Everytime I start writing I get distracted/get bored and start on another thing.
Yes! I'm clumsy when it comes to writing so when I spit out something legible, I get an amazing feeling of satisfaction and motivation to keep writing! What you wrote up above has some immersive imagery, I love it [emoji=tundra love size=1] [size=2]I haven't written in a while so I've got nothing to show rn[/size]
Yes! I'm clumsy when it comes to writing so when I spit out something legible, I get an amazing feeling of satisfaction and motivation to keep writing! What you wrote up above has some immersive imagery, I love it

I haven't written in a while so I've got nothing to show rn
Ot3Ahks.jpg
[quote name="BirdBagel" date="2020-04-26 18:56:20" ] Yes! I'm clumsy when it comes to writing so when I spit out something legible, I get an amazing feeling of satisfaction and motivation to keep writing! What you wrote up above has some immersive imagery, I love it [emoji=tundra love size=1] [size=2]I haven't written in a while so I've got nothing to show rn[/size] [/quote] oh dont worry I think this line may be from...an actual year ago actually. wow most of what ive written recently was unfinished and I thought it would be In Bad Form to post something undone...I just sort of shuffled through my drive and picked out the first thing that sounded good to me tldr I'm a FRAUD but same I'm VERY clumsy and hyper aware of my own clumsiness one reason of many I havent written is probably how tetchy I get with myself
BirdBagel wrote on 2020-04-26 18:56:20:
Yes! I'm clumsy when it comes to writing so when I spit out something legible, I get an amazing feeling of satisfaction and motivation to keep writing! What you wrote up above has some immersive imagery, I love it

oh dont worry I think this line may be from...an actual year ago actually. wow

most of what ive written recently was unfinished and I thought it would be In Bad Form to post something undone...I just sort of shuffled through my drive and picked out the first thing that sounded good to me tldr I'm a FRAUD

but same I'm VERY clumsy and hyper aware of my own clumsiness one reason of many I havent written is probably how tetchy I get with myself
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
[quote name="BirdBagel" date="2020-04-26 18:56:20" ] Yes! I'm clumsy when it comes to writing so when I spit out something legible, I get an amazing feeling of satisfaction and motivation to keep writing! What you wrote up above has some immersive imagery, I love it [emoji=tundra love size=1] [size=2]I haven't written in a while so I've got nothing to show rn[/size] [/quote] Yeah I'm critical when it comes to my writing so when I spit out something like that I'm just really happy with myself ^-^
BirdBagel wrote on 2020-04-26 18:56:20:

Yeah I'm critical when it comes to my writing so when I spit out something like that I'm just really happy with myself ^-^
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
I LOVE that moment! And it always comes out by accident. XD
I LOVE that moment! And it always comes out by accident. XD
Andalite
She/Her
"Yes Prince Jake."
~ All lives matter ~

Come see my For Sale tab in my Den!
Yes I do!! Sometimes I hit upon a spark of genius and words just flow onto the page, and I sit there grinning like an idiot because that was good and I wrote that.

"No. I'm not doing this. You're not going to buy me coffee and tell me how beautiful life is and pay for my cab home. I won't let you. I'm not doing that again. It doesn't work and it's not true. Just let me go."

That's from one of my fics on AO3 yes I write fanfiction fight me
Yes I do!! Sometimes I hit upon a spark of genius and words just flow onto the page, and I sit there grinning like an idiot because that was good and I wrote that.

"No. I'm not doing this. You're not going to buy me coffee and tell me how beautiful life is and pay for my cab home. I won't let you. I'm not doing that again. It doesn't work and it's not true. Just let me go."

That's from one of my fics on AO3 yes I write fanfiction fight me
I think the best thing I've written is a one-shot Death Note fanfic. Basically Light is thinking about L after his death, and you see him slowly descend into madness. I changed canon a tiny bit but nothing major.

https://www.deviantart.com/shozurei/art/Watching-89975312
I think the best thing I've written is a one-shot Death Note fanfic. Basically Light is thinking about L after his death, and you see him slowly descend into madness. I changed canon a tiny bit but nothing major.

https://www.deviantart.com/shozurei/art/Watching-89975312
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
I've got two, actually:

Because maybe someone was watching, maybe the fabric of the night would drop a star onto the pages of his book, so that the words might ignite with living flame and bring forth the dragons and knights ten realities too far away to be real.

The anxiety of doing it, you know? The murder. It’s like trying to hang yourself with a clothes hanger. Very inefficient, and very painful. You can see the aftertaste, stamped on the faces of the guilty ones. Damn them.

And this one doesn't particularly count, but in hindsight I like it a lot. (and for those of you who recognise the reference, yes it's a backstory for a hk oc i have.)

The shopkeeper was busy counting the Geo earned from their trades, when he hesitated. “Sly.”

“What’s the matter?”

“Have you, or your pupils… ever killed anyone?”

The shopkeeper stopped, silent and frozen for the briefest of moments, then lifted his head to stare up at him. There was always something intimidating about the old Nailsage, even with his small statue. Now was no exception.

“Sentinel, if you were to think that I’ve ever accidentally lost any of my students, you are very horrifically wrong. Indeed we sparred regularly, but fatalities? No such things. We trained safely, I can assure you of that.”

“No, no, I meant, I mean… thank you, that’s all I needed to know.”
I've got two, actually:

Because maybe someone was watching, maybe the fabric of the night would drop a star onto the pages of his book, so that the words might ignite with living flame and bring forth the dragons and knights ten realities too far away to be real.

The anxiety of doing it, you know? The murder. It’s like trying to hang yourself with a clothes hanger. Very inefficient, and very painful. You can see the aftertaste, stamped on the faces of the guilty ones. Damn them.

And this one doesn't particularly count, but in hindsight I like it a lot. (and for those of you who recognise the reference, yes it's a backstory for a hk oc i have.)

The shopkeeper was busy counting the Geo earned from their trades, when he hesitated. “Sly.”

“What’s the matter?”

“Have you, or your pupils… ever killed anyone?”

The shopkeeper stopped, silent and frozen for the briefest of moments, then lifted his head to stare up at him. There was always something intimidating about the old Nailsage, even with his small statue. Now was no exception.

“Sentinel, if you were to think that I’ve ever accidentally lost any of my students, you are very horrifically wrong. Indeed we sparred regularly, but fatalities? No such things. We trained safely, I can assure you of that.”

“No, no, I meant, I mean… thank you, that’s all I needed to know.”
XgFzLz3.gif
1 2