Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 79 80
I hope that people will stop buying things like toilet paper, paper towels and pasta in bulk. I feel like you should only buy it if you’re running low or absolutely need it. I’ve also heard that people are buying baby water instead of bottled water too. The whole hand sanitizer thing is a mess too. It’s also upsetting to see people discriminating others because of it. I understand that people don’t want to get the virus but they shouldn’t hoard stuff, it’ll just make everything worse.

But to answer the question, I think that the virus will be here for a while.
I hope that people will stop buying things like toilet paper, paper towels and pasta in bulk. I feel like you should only buy it if you’re running low or absolutely need it. I’ve also heard that people are buying baby water instead of bottled water too. The whole hand sanitizer thing is a mess too. It’s also upsetting to see people discriminating others because of it. I understand that people don’t want to get the virus but they shouldn’t hoard stuff, it’ll just make everything worse.

But to answer the question, I think that the virus will be here for a while.
tenor.gif
I live in a very small town two hours away from Toronto populated with older, more "well-off" folk and they've picked the supermarkets clean of rice, toilet paper, pasta, and soap. It's ridiculous. I want the panic and fear mongering to end already.
I live in a very small town two hours away from Toronto populated with older, more "well-off" folk and they've picked the supermarkets clean of rice, toilet paper, pasta, and soap. It's ridiculous. I want the panic and fear mongering to end already.
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
Hello, I’m from Victoria, Australia, and I’ve been hearing about this thing for the past two months. I have a severe phobia of apocalyptic themes (so zombies, diseases war etc.) and it’s been really hard for me. For the first two weeks of this madness, literally mentioning anything virus-related would set off my nerves for hours. Lost hours of sleep too. Eventually, I figured out that undermining the situation is my only hope of keeping my sanity.
I’m still super nervous about leaving home unless it’s for school, as a nasty cold has been going around in my area.
Anyway, I hope this nasty thing passes soon before I lose my mind to anxiety.
Hello, I’m from Victoria, Australia, and I’ve been hearing about this thing for the past two months. I have a severe phobia of apocalyptic themes (so zombies, diseases war etc.) and it’s been really hard for me. For the first two weeks of this madness, literally mentioning anything virus-related would set off my nerves for hours. Lost hours of sleep too. Eventually, I figured out that undermining the situation is my only hope of keeping my sanity.
I’m still super nervous about leaving home unless it’s for school, as a nasty cold has been going around in my area.
Anyway, I hope this nasty thing passes soon before I lose my mind to anxiety.
94qGMpv.png
I had a strings concert that was cancelled, which was kind of a bummer. Thankfully we always have a lot of toilet paper so no concerns there. I have no idea how long it'll last, but it is rather scary. I feel like some people are getting too crazy, what with the store raiding and all.
I had a strings concert that was cancelled, which was kind of a bummer. Thankfully we always have a lot of toilet paper so no concerns there. I have no idea how long it'll last, but it is rather scary. I feel like some people are getting too crazy, what with the store raiding and all.
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
I wish my country did something against it right now they just say "if you have symptoms stay at home"

But like do you really think parents are going to let their kids stay at home just because they're caughing? No, it's exam season you can only stay at home if you're literally dying.

And also events of more than 100 people are getting cancelled but my school has like more than 300 people so I think it's really stupid that they're not closing the schools.

So yeah, I'm doing exams with a bunch of sick classmates
I wish my country did something against it right now they just say "if you have symptoms stay at home"

But like do you really think parents are going to let their kids stay at home just because they're caughing? No, it's exam season you can only stay at home if you're literally dying.

And also events of more than 100 people are getting cancelled but my school has like more than 300 people so I think it's really stupid that they're not closing the schools.

So yeah, I'm doing exams with a bunch of sick classmates
akueye3.png
Poland here. If the schools will be closed for longer than these two weeks, its possible that exam at the end of high school will be postponed. Feels weird, but its not bad there yet. Sending hope to Italy tho, they have it bad :(
Poland here. If the schools will be closed for longer than these two weeks, its possible that exam at the end of high school will be postponed. Feels weird, but its not bad there yet. Sending hope to Italy tho, they have it bad :(
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
Like some others have mentioned, some people are stockpiling just to sell stuff online with jacked up prices :/ Disgusting thing to do in a time of need. Hope you all stay safe and secure.
Like some others have mentioned, some people are stockpiling just to sell stuff online with jacked up prices :/ Disgusting thing to do in a time of need. Hope you all stay safe and secure.
my country's general consensus is 'wash your hands and ignore just about every country near us going into lockdown'
and i'm mildly worried as my school is pret-ty big, if any person gets any cold it can spread like wildfire. covid19's less catching on young people it seems, but still. it takes one person.

but, uh, we've got exams coming up. for other years it's just tuppence, but for us it's the big ones. what do americans call it? highschool's finals?
well, we've got our big exams in a couple months, and last thing i want is something going wrong. seems to be either they go ahead like normal, get delayed, we get moved to somewhere else to sit 'em, or worst thing they're cancelled and we go off mock results.

i, uh, i'm not good with what i'd refer to as a change in the schedule, something unknown. i tend to just silently panic. i've been stressing over exams for months now, and now there's this on top threatening to change it all. we're talking, even another exam hall i don't know could completely throw me off focus. even just the general panic is scaring me, because who knows who's got the bug, and who knows when it'll all blow over.

rn i'm coping through the delicate art of 'just pretend it's all alright'. nothing's directly affected me majorly yet, so part of me can try and contain the fear. the second something happens to throw a spanner in the works, oh i know i'll lose it completely.
my country's general consensus is 'wash your hands and ignore just about every country near us going into lockdown'
and i'm mildly worried as my school is pret-ty big, if any person gets any cold it can spread like wildfire. covid19's less catching on young people it seems, but still. it takes one person.

but, uh, we've got exams coming up. for other years it's just tuppence, but for us it's the big ones. what do americans call it? highschool's finals?
well, we've got our big exams in a couple months, and last thing i want is something going wrong. seems to be either they go ahead like normal, get delayed, we get moved to somewhere else to sit 'em, or worst thing they're cancelled and we go off mock results.

i, uh, i'm not good with what i'd refer to as a change in the schedule, something unknown. i tend to just silently panic. i've been stressing over exams for months now, and now there's this on top threatening to change it all. we're talking, even another exam hall i don't know could completely throw me off focus. even just the general panic is scaring me, because who knows who's got the bug, and who knows when it'll all blow over.

rn i'm coping through the delicate art of 'just pretend it's all alright'. nothing's directly affected me majorly yet, so part of me can try and contain the fear. the second something happens to throw a spanner in the works, oh i know i'll lose it completely.
I went to study for my finals at my home in France, sadly enough when I went back to my apartment in Germany, since I go to college there, my region got classified as a risk region and I have to stay in self lock down. The exam I've been studying a long time for got cancelled and my internship aswell. I also won't be able to celebrate my birthday with my family or friends since I'd still be on lock down...

I couldn't care less about that virus and it won't stop me from living a normal life while respecting precautions and hygiene. What scares and irritates me is the irrational behavior some people have due to the massive panic the media produces...
Even my parents got bitten by the panic bug and won't stop sending me updates and posts about it.

The worst thing you can do in this situation is panic. Limit your activity outside with other people and enjoy some indoor activities. It can also be an opportunity to have a break and unwind at home.
I went to study for my finals at my home in France, sadly enough when I went back to my apartment in Germany, since I go to college there, my region got classified as a risk region and I have to stay in self lock down. The exam I've been studying a long time for got cancelled and my internship aswell. I also won't be able to celebrate my birthday with my family or friends since I'd still be on lock down...

I couldn't care less about that virus and it won't stop me from living a normal life while respecting precautions and hygiene. What scares and irritates me is the irrational behavior some people have due to the massive panic the media produces...
Even my parents got bitten by the panic bug and won't stop sending me updates and posts about it.

The worst thing you can do in this situation is panic. Limit your activity outside with other people and enjoy some indoor activities. It can also be an opportunity to have a break and unwind at home.
Don't know,
My family treats it like it's the end of the world and everyone literally panicked.
A looott of schools closed and I'm not sure mine will or not.
Don't know,
My family treats it like it's the end of the world and everyone literally panicked.
A looott of schools closed and I'm not sure mine will or not.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 79 80