Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
my school is closed for the next two weeks, which will also give me time to heal my broken wrist.

On the other hand, my doctor has cancelled my follow-up and cast-removal appointment indefinitely
my school is closed for the next two weeks, which will also give me time to heal my broken wrist.

On the other hand, my doctor has cancelled my follow-up and cast-removal appointment indefinitely
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
Not only did my school extend our spring break to April, but is also pretty much closing down the campus and moving everything online.
On one hand, it'll be nice not having to drive that dang commute every morning and having some extra break time. On the other hand though, all of our plans are pretty much toast now and nobody really knows how were gonna proceed at this point.
I know its all for a very good reason and the best option due to how fast it's spreading in my state, but oh boy are these next few months gonna be a mess...
Not only did my school extend our spring break to April, but is also pretty much closing down the campus and moving everything online.
On one hand, it'll be nice not having to drive that dang commute every morning and having some extra break time. On the other hand though, all of our plans are pretty much toast now and nobody really knows how were gonna proceed at this point.
I know its all for a very good reason and the best option due to how fast it's spreading in my state, but oh boy are these next few months gonna be a mess...
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
I think we should be fine by summer. Since it's a lot like the flu, I'd expect it to die down by the end of flu season.

I do believe people are overreacting, though. The panic seems to be a huge reason why the coronavirus has become such a big deal, and while governments around the world are acting accordingly to try to prevent the spread of the virus, it's the media that's blowing it out of proportion and making people panic. Like, I don't think the stockpiling would have happened if we were more lowkey about the whole thing.
I think we should be fine by summer. Since it's a lot like the flu, I'd expect it to die down by the end of flu season.

I do believe people are overreacting, though. The panic seems to be a huge reason why the coronavirus has become such a big deal, and while governments around the world are acting accordingly to try to prevent the spread of the virus, it's the media that's blowing it out of proportion and making people panic. Like, I don't think the stockpiling would have happened if we were more lowkey about the whole thing.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I could make a living selling toilet paper right now.
I could make a living selling toilet paper right now.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
My school is refusing to cancel =/

but I'll just refuse to show up =/
My school is refusing to cancel =/

but I'll just refuse to show up =/
def8448f09712757a93bef7f7671cdc41b7f5f96_00.jpg
Can someone please explain to me thiS [img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.republicworld.com%2Frepublic-prod%2Fstories%2Fpromolarge%2Fxxhdpi%2Fe35g77j0qdamcol7_1580470284.jpeg%3Ftr%3Dw-812%2Ch-464&f=1&nofb=1.png[/img] Ok! I want to suffocate instead of getting sick! Alright. I get the canned food going out of stock... But toilet paper? ????????????????????????????????????????????????? SOMEONE EXPLAIN
Can someone please explain to me thiS
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.republicworld.com%2Frepublic-prod%2Fstories%2Fpromolarge%2Fxxhdpi%2Fe35g77j0qdamcol7_1580470284.jpeg%3Ftr%3Dw-812%2Ch-464&f=1&nofb=1.png
Ok! I want to suffocate instead of getting sick!

Alright. I get the canned food going out of stock... But toilet paper? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
SOMEONE EXPLAIN
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
@LemonSnickers

It's gullible people and social media. People like my mom were told that TP is made in china and that we wont get any so there'll be a shortage. Which is untrue but NOW theres gonna be a shortage if people don't stop buying it. It's causing a chain reaction of people going "oh they're buying out toilet paper I better buy more toilet paper before it's gone"
@LemonSnickers

It's gullible people and social media. People like my mom were told that TP is made in china and that we wont get any so there'll be a shortage. Which is untrue but NOW theres gonna be a shortage if people don't stop buying it. It's causing a chain reaction of people going "oh they're buying out toilet paper I better buy more toilet paper before it's gone"
yPXQqTN.png
Everything (save for piano lessons, as my teacher has decided to continue) has been canceled. The college my sister goes to has shut down. My dad has been watching the news surrounding this nonstop and there is absolutely nowhere to go to escape the panic.

I'm praying that this will end soon. This has already been unfortunate, and I'd rather not see it evolve beyond that.
Everything (save for piano lessons, as my teacher has decided to continue) has been canceled. The college my sister goes to has shut down. My dad has been watching the news surrounding this nonstop and there is absolutely nowhere to go to escape the panic.

I'm praying that this will end soon. This has already been unfortunate, and I'd rather not see it evolve beyond that.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
I live just outside of Montgomery county (PA) and work in the local supermarket... and let me tell you oh boy, if the people here weren't already nasty enough, they SOMEHOW got even worse. I have a very short fuse there even on good days, and with running out of cereal, chicken, pasta, canned food, milk, toilet paper, soap/sanitizer on the daily within hours of opening, these people have basically become animals even injuring employees over items being out of stock. I've had boxes thrown at me. we did the amount of sales that we usually do in TWO WEEKS with yesterdays sales.

so yeah. no bueno. and I'm working every day this week. and forget extra pay.

edit: also. its not dysentery. all these people buying toilet paper are just morons. they're so easily fear-mongered. and i'm so sick of it. all i can say. is please. eat what you have. only go shopping if you absolutely need too.

I live just outside of Montgomery county (PA) and work in the local supermarket... and let me tell you oh boy, if the people here weren't already nasty enough, they SOMEHOW got even worse. I have a very short fuse there even on good days, and with running out of cereal, chicken, pasta, canned food, milk, toilet paper, soap/sanitizer on the daily within hours of opening, these people have basically become animals even injuring employees over items being out of stock. I've had boxes thrown at me. we did the amount of sales that we usually do in TWO WEEKS with yesterdays sales.

so yeah. no bueno. and I'm working every day this week. and forget extra pay.

edit: also. its not dysentery. all these people buying toilet paper are just morons. they're so easily fear-mongered. and i'm so sick of it. all i can say. is please. eat what you have. only go shopping if you absolutely need too.

Here there be gerblins (he/him)
I'm a little worried about all this, as I do have a few people in my family who are at higher risk if they get the virus, but at the same time panic isn't going to help anything. These precautions are trying to widen the curve, meaning the length of time there will be cases will be a bit longer, but they will be in smaller amounts to hopefully allow medical professionals the ability to handle all of the cases. Without the precautions going into place, hospitals and doctors wouldn't be able to keep up, the situation in Italy would happen here in the US
I'm a little worried about all this, as I do have a few people in my family who are at higher risk if they get the virus, but at the same time panic isn't going to help anything. These precautions are trying to widen the curve, meaning the length of time there will be cases will be a bit longer, but they will be in smaller amounts to hopefully allow medical professionals the ability to handle all of the cases. Without the precautions going into place, hospitals and doctors wouldn't be able to keep up, the situation in Italy would happen here in the US
tumblr_oujvn28ZjA1uxu4o6o1_250.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80