Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
I have a trip in may and I'm really, really hoping flight isnt cancelled (canada to us) Im also seeing Hamilton in May and thats at Risk too Atleast I'll have the last of us 2 in May? Any plans you have that are at risk of being changed? or already been affected? edit 18/4/2020 Went and bought a mask! [img]https://i.imgur.com/8wmmMJR.jpg[/img] edit 27/4/202 bought another. two masks should be enough [img]https://i.etsystatic.com/9273501/r/il/947d22/2314230331/il_794xN.2314230331_lvlm.jpg[/img]
I have a trip in may and I'm really, really hoping flight isnt cancelled
(canada to us)
Im also seeing Hamilton in May and thats at Risk too
Atleast I'll have the last of us 2 in May?

Any plans you have that are at risk of being changed?

or already been affected?

edit 18/4/2020
Went and bought a mask!
8wmmMJR.jpg

edit 27/4/202
bought another. two masks should be enough
il_794xN.2314230331_lvlm.jpg
BcpIF1O.png
I have not been affected personally, but my mum has. She works at a supermarket and apparently, all the customers have gone gone crazy.

To the question in the title: Not as long as people have bought toilet paper for. Seriously, toilet paper lasts some time, you don't need to hoard that much.
I have not been affected personally, but my mum has. She works at a supermarket and apparently, all the customers have gone gone crazy.

To the question in the title: Not as long as people have bought toilet paper for. Seriously, toilet paper lasts some time, you don't need to hoard that much.
I work at a store that has been affected by it, if that counts. I don’t work full time so it doesn’t affect me too much but I was in last night and the store was a mess and I saw a few people stockpiling items. A guy wanted a whole box of apple cider vinegar to drink. And that was,,,,, interesting.
Other guy was stockpiling on pasta and pasta sauce.

Toilet paper is almost impossible to get in stock. Yet there’s apparently a warehouse in Victoria that’s fully stocked. Anyhow, it’s not emergent, if I need toilet paper I can ask someone to put it aside for me and I can buy it when it comes in.

But other things have been selling out due to stockpiling. Canned items like beans and corns, boxed milk, pads/tampons, rice, flour and sugar

I just want work to go back to normal. I want everyone to calm down.
I work at a store that has been affected by it, if that counts. I don’t work full time so it doesn’t affect me too much but I was in last night and the store was a mess and I saw a few people stockpiling items. A guy wanted a whole box of apple cider vinegar to drink. And that was,,,,, interesting.
Other guy was stockpiling on pasta and pasta sauce.

Toilet paper is almost impossible to get in stock. Yet there’s apparently a warehouse in Victoria that’s fully stocked. Anyhow, it’s not emergent, if I need toilet paper I can ask someone to put it aside for me and I can buy it when it comes in.

But other things have been selling out due to stockpiling. Canned items like beans and corns, boxed milk, pads/tampons, rice, flour and sugar

I just want work to go back to normal. I want everyone to calm down.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Dang my whole school is shut down. I might not have a graduation. Or get to go to the con I got ticket to. Or the Adventure Zone liveshow.

yeah my area is in quarantine :(
Dang my whole school is shut down. I might not have a graduation. Or get to go to the con I got ticket to. Or the Adventure Zone liveshow.

yeah my area is in quarantine :(
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
was supposed to go to new york :( i've never been to the east coast but now that trump wants to put flight bans on cali i doubt it will happen! i dont think it'd be a good idea to go anyways...i dont want to get sick away from home.
was supposed to go to new york :( i've never been to the east coast but now that trump wants to put flight bans on cali i doubt it will happen! i dont think it'd be a good idea to go anyways...i dont want to get sick away from home.
Germany. My University officially closed all of their sport facilities yesterday and cancelled all public events except for exams, which might end up going too. Luckily, my last one is tomorrow. I am rather salty that I can't go to the Gym anymore though.

They also are considering cancelling most lectures next semester, but we have an excellent recording service so that's no problemo.
Germany. My University officially closed all of their sport facilities yesterday and cancelled all public events except for exams, which might end up going too. Luckily, my last one is tomorrow. I am rather salty that I can't go to the Gym anymore though.

They also are considering cancelling most lectures next semester, but we have an excellent recording service so that's no problemo.
Our school said that if you have a cold you can stay home but the school is still open. I haven't been anywhere that wasn't my house or school so I've only seen teens scream cOrONa when someone coughs.
Our school said that if you have a cold you can stay home but the school is still open. I haven't been anywhere that wasn't my house or school so I've only seen teens scream cOrONa when someone coughs.
Messages are welcome :)
Vaccines take at least a year; it's usually closer to 10+ if there's nothing to base them on.

I don't foresee the panic dying down until then, unfortunately. Maybe more people will eventually figure out that it's not an end-of-the-world scenario for the majority (as far as we know right now anyway) once we have a better idea of the recovery-to-death ratio, symptoms, treatments, etc. but that could also take a while. I can understand the lockdowns and delays because there's a lot we don't know, but... people are panicking way too much right now imo.

The stockpiling stuff is outright annoying me more than anything, I'll admit. We don't know if it's that serious yet, and nothing thus far has indicated that it is. Let me buy toilet paper. >:/
Vaccines take at least a year; it's usually closer to 10+ if there's nothing to base them on.

I don't foresee the panic dying down until then, unfortunately. Maybe more people will eventually figure out that it's not an end-of-the-world scenario for the majority (as far as we know right now anyway) once we have a better idea of the recovery-to-death ratio, symptoms, treatments, etc. but that could also take a while. I can understand the lockdowns and delays because there's a lot we don't know, but... people are panicking way too much right now imo.

The stockpiling stuff is outright annoying me more than anything, I'll admit. We don't know if it's that serious yet, and nothing thus far has indicated that it is. Let me buy toilet paper. >:/
Some limited stockpiling is sensible. If you start to show symptoms and have to self-isolate for a couple of weeks, obviously you need to be able to eat during that time. Therefore, several weeks worth of essentials in addition to what you usually stock your house with is just common sense, because it defeats the purpose of quarantining yourself if you have to go shopping.

The people stockpiling 12 months worth of toilet roll are stupid.
Some limited stockpiling is sensible. If you start to show symptoms and have to self-isolate for a couple of weeks, obviously you need to be able to eat during that time. Therefore, several weeks worth of essentials in addition to what you usually stock your house with is just common sense, because it defeats the purpose of quarantining yourself if you have to go shopping.

The people stockpiling 12 months worth of toilet roll are stupid.
Oh, since vaccines were mentioned - I'm actually really excited about those! The most promising Vaccines right now are RNA-based ones! We've had theoretic research on those for decades, but this is the first time that large-scale human trials have been permitted. (As far as I'm aware, the current trials were allowed to skip the first two steps of testing, meaning they'll go on to test on groups of 1000+ participants immediately)
This is honestly going to be such a huge step. Hopefully they catch on :D
Oh, since vaccines were mentioned - I'm actually really excited about those! The most promising Vaccines right now are RNA-based ones! We've had theoretic research on those for decades, but this is the first time that large-scale human trials have been permitted. (As far as I'm aware, the current trials were allowed to skip the first two steps of testing, meaning they'll go on to test on groups of 1000+ participants immediately)
This is honestly going to be such a huge step. Hopefully they catch on :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80