Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dnd style campaign looking for players
Hiya! I've been wanting to dm a dnd campaign for years, bu because of the game mechanics I've been putting it off. Until now when I found way simpler version!
GATEWAY -The d20 Tabletop Roleplaying game!
Basically you only use d20 and it gives a lot more freedoms with characters and what not :3 Also it's free so there's that too.
I would need 4-5 players for this campaign which should be around 4 sessions maybe?

The campaign is the one that comes with dnd starter set: Lost Mine of Phandelver so I'm just gonna post the intro it comes with:
Quote:
More than 500 years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power.
Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (which was named Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well.

But then the disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.
A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize it's riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing battle destroyed much of the cavern.
Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one ever succeeded in locatind he lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now rough-and-tumble frontier town. More important, the Rockseeker brothers -a trio of dwarves- have discovered the entrance ti Wave Echo Cave, and they intend to reopen the mines.
Unfortunately for the Rockseekers, they are not the only ones interested in Wave Echo Cave. A mysterious villain knows as the Black Spider controls a network of bandit gangs and goblin tribes in the area, and his agents have followed the Rockseekers to their prize. Now the Black Spider wants Wave Echo Cave for himself, and he is taking steps to make sure no one else knows where its is.

More about Gateway
  • Pretty much complete freedom when it comes to character creation
  • Combat is much simpler and faster
  • Uses single die (d20)
  • Comes with core rulebook, quick reference sheet for gameplay, 2 different character sheets and quick character creation guide

Game would need to take place on Saturday (any Saturday) and please take note that I live in UTC+2 timezone so the times when I'm awake might differ from yours!

If this sounds like something you might be interested in you can either ping me or pm me.
Hiya! I've been wanting to dm a dnd campaign for years, bu because of the game mechanics I've been putting it off. Until now when I found way simpler version!
GATEWAY -The d20 Tabletop Roleplaying game!
Basically you only use d20 and it gives a lot more freedoms with characters and what not :3 Also it's free so there's that too.
I would need 4-5 players for this campaign which should be around 4 sessions maybe?

The campaign is the one that comes with dnd starter set: Lost Mine of Phandelver so I'm just gonna post the intro it comes with:
Quote:
More than 500 years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power.
Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (which was named Forge of Spells), where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well.

But then the disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.
A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize it's riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing battle destroyed much of the cavern.
Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one ever succeeded in locatind he lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled the area. Phandalin is now rough-and-tumble frontier town. More important, the Rockseeker brothers -a trio of dwarves- have discovered the entrance ti Wave Echo Cave, and they intend to reopen the mines.
Unfortunately for the Rockseekers, they are not the only ones interested in Wave Echo Cave. A mysterious villain knows as the Black Spider controls a network of bandit gangs and goblin tribes in the area, and his agents have followed the Rockseekers to their prize. Now the Black Spider wants Wave Echo Cave for himself, and he is taking steps to make sure no one else knows where its is.

More about Gateway
  • Pretty much complete freedom when it comes to character creation
  • Combat is much simpler and faster
  • Uses single die (d20)
  • Comes with core rulebook, quick reference sheet for gameplay, 2 different character sheets and quick character creation guide

Game would need to take place on Saturday (any Saturday) and please take note that I live in UTC+2 timezone so the times when I'm awake might differ from yours!

If this sounds like something you might be interested in you can either ping me or pm me.
Rp with me pls
This sounds great and I'd definitely be up for it; how are you planning to play, though? Via voice chat? Via message? :P do count me in, though.
This sounds great and I'd definitely be up for it; how are you planning to play, though? Via voice chat? Via message? :P do count me in, though.
mIooUy9.png
@rottythot
@rottythot
mIooUy9.png
@martingseptim (I love your username btw) I was hoping to play via vc on discord, but it depends on where others want to play.
@martingseptim (I love your username btw) I was hoping to play via vc on discord, but it depends on where others want to play.
Rp with me pls
@rottythot yeah that's fair enough. I've never played via VC before but I'm willing to if that's what everyone else prefers. Have you tried looking for players elsewhere? :P
@rottythot yeah that's fair enough. I've never played via VC before but I'm willing to if that's what everyone else prefers. Have you tried looking for players elsewhere? :P
mIooUy9.png
@rottythot I may be interested depending on when the rest of the group is able to play. I'm UTC -5 ^^
@rottythot I may be interested depending on when the rest of the group is able to play. I'm UTC -5 ^^
@rottythot Yknow, usually I think it's risky to play with people I don't know buuuuut I've been craving more DnD so I'd be interested in a pretty short campaign if my schedule permits it
I'd be free every second saturday and I'm UTC +1 (I think)
@rottythot Yknow, usually I think it's risky to play with people I don't know buuuuut I've been craving more DnD so I'd be interested in a pretty short campaign if my schedule permits it
I'd be free every second saturday and I'm UTC +1 (I think)
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome