Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Shows you remember but nobody talk about
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
[quote name="@PearlConnor" date="2020-02-03 07:11:16" ] The Upside-down Show? anyone?? [/quote] OH MY GOSH, I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO REMEMBERS THIS SHOW! My memories of it are pretty vague, but I remember enjoying it.
@PearlConnor wrote on 2020-02-03 07:11:16:
The Upside-down Show? anyone??
OH MY GOSH, I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO REMEMBERS THIS SHOW!

My memories of it are pretty vague, but I remember enjoying it.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
cat-dog probably.
I mean lots of ppl have heard of it,
and have watched it,
Theres a ton of kinda gross jokes about surgically combining cats to dogs.

but I never heard anyone do talk pieces on its overarching plot.
or do reviews on it,
or discuss its episodic plots in depth.

Their themesong always had this line "Alone in the world a little catdog"
The cat-dog origin story is pretty intense
spoilers but basically:
they were adopted by a loving couple and a natural disaster occurred that ripped their happy family apart and separated them, and that's why cat-dog lived by themselves and were alone in the world.

When they rediscover who their parents are
cat says
"you're not a cat-dog?"

and their response is
"we found you when you were a baby cat-dog"
"we raised you fed you loved you and made you who you are today"

honestly as a kid it was pretty strong reveal that I never forgot and I'm surprised theres no video essays or reviews or even "the history of [insert animation title here]" that i've come to expect from cartoons that were around the same time this show was being aired.
cat-dog probably.
I mean lots of ppl have heard of it,
and have watched it,
Theres a ton of kinda gross jokes about surgically combining cats to dogs.

but I never heard anyone do talk pieces on its overarching plot.
or do reviews on it,
or discuss its episodic plots in depth.

Their themesong always had this line "Alone in the world a little catdog"
The cat-dog origin story is pretty intense
spoilers but basically:
they were adopted by a loving couple and a natural disaster occurred that ripped their happy family apart and separated them, and that's why cat-dog lived by themselves and were alone in the world.

When they rediscover who their parents are
cat says
"you're not a cat-dog?"

and their response is
"we found you when you were a baby cat-dog"
"we raised you fed you loved you and made you who you are today"

honestly as a kid it was pretty strong reveal that I never forgot and I'm surprised theres no video essays or reviews or even "the history of [insert animation title here]" that i've come to expect from cartoons that were around the same time this show was being aired.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Animalia? Anyone? It was an animated show about two kids who found a magic portal to the world of talking animals called Animalia. Their world, including their ability to talk, was powered through a magical seed-like core that would shoot off shards somewhere into the world every episode and have disastrous (and hilarious) effects on the denizens of Animalia. The antagonist was a tiger if I remember correctly and the king was a lion with a purple mane. Their tvs were massive butterflies that had been trained to find the nearest group of animals when the station was about to release a broadcast (there was an entire episode about how the tv butterflies turned from black and white to color).

Animalia? Anyone? It was an animated show about two kids who found a magic portal to the world of talking animals called Animalia. Their world, including their ability to talk, was powered through a magical seed-like core that would shoot off shards somewhere into the world every episode and have disastrous (and hilarious) effects on the denizens of Animalia. The antagonist was a tiger if I remember correctly and the king was a lion with a purple mane. Their tvs were massive butterflies that had been trained to find the nearest group of animals when the station was about to release a broadcast (there was an entire episode about how the tv butterflies turned from black and white to color).

EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
[quote name="buggy101" date="2020-02-03 11:19:26" ] [quote name="@PearlConnor" date="2020-02-03 07:11:16" ] The Upside-down Show? anyone?? [/quote] OH MY GOSH, I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO REMEMBERS THIS SHOW! My memories of it are pretty vague, but I remember enjoying it. [/quote] I remember staying up "late" (for a babby) to watch it. Ah, memories
buggy101 wrote on 2020-02-03 11:19:26:

I remember staying up "late" (for a babby) to watch it. Ah, memories
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
I just watched Star Trek as a child....

._.
I just watched Star Trek as a child....

._.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
[quote name="Aerotyrannus" date="2020-02-03 06:35:37" ] The kid's show Stanley. It used to air on Disney and was about a boy and his goldfish, dog, and cat exploring nature in his backyard. I dont remember much more than that but i know it exists and nobody else seems to remember it. [/quote] I remember this. He had a magic book that enabled him to travel into the animals' environments, if I remember correctly. And that reminds me of 64 Zoo Lane, which was about animals in a zoo telling stories of their lives in the wild to a girl who would sneak in at night. I've seen a thread or two for Dinosaur King on here. It was basically the Pokemon anime with dinosaurs, even sharing a few (4kids :P) voice actors for similar characters, but that made it crack for my eight-year-old self. Also Dino Squad. That was a terrible show but sixth grade me binged the entire thing on Netflix for some reason. A reboot of it could be good if they added more characterization, improved the dinosaur designs and Z-movie "science", and were more willing to shake up the status quo. There was this 1980s Jim Henson Christmas special called The Christmas Toy that I saw on TV and loved for some reason. It had a coincidentally similar plot to Toy Story, with the favorite toy (here a stuffed tiger) fearing being replaced by the cool new space warrior toy. It had an even more obscure spinoff series called The Secret Life of Toys that Netflix briefly hosted. I also enjoyed this although it apparently took place in an alternate universe, with different puppet designs for some of the characters.
Aerotyrannus wrote on 2020-02-03 06:35:37:
The kid's show Stanley. It used to air on Disney and was about a boy and his goldfish, dog, and cat exploring nature in his backyard.

I dont remember much more than that but i know it exists and nobody else seems to remember it.
I remember this. He had a magic book that enabled him to travel into the animals' environments, if I remember correctly. And that reminds me of 64 Zoo Lane, which was about animals in a zoo telling stories of their lives in the wild to a girl who would sneak in at night.

I've seen a thread or two for Dinosaur King on here. It was basically the Pokemon anime with dinosaurs, even sharing a few (4kids :P) voice actors for similar characters, but that made it crack for my eight-year-old self. Also Dino Squad. That was a terrible show but sixth grade me binged the entire thing on Netflix for some reason. A reboot of it could be good if they added more characterization, improved the dinosaur designs and Z-movie "science", and were more willing to shake up the status quo.

There was this 1980s Jim Henson Christmas special called The Christmas Toy that I saw on TV and loved for some reason. It had a coincidentally similar plot to Toy Story, with the favorite toy (here a stuffed tiger) fearing being replaced by the cool new space warrior toy. It had an even more obscure spinoff series called The Secret Life of Toys that Netflix briefly hosted. I also enjoyed this although it apparently took place in an alternate universe, with different puppet designs for some of the characters.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Oban Star Racers. Beautiful ending song. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4VtMEUul8[/url] [img]https://i.ytimg.com/sh/lumoLIQajEV3R7LxS7ww4w/market.jpg[/img] Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ldTqB_sTJaM/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
Oban Star Racers. Beautiful ending song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4VtMEUul8
market.jpg

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

maxresdefault.jpg
zoids
zoids
yzUX307.png
Invader Zim! Sure, I'm friends with plenty of IZ fans online, but hardly anyone I know personally has even heard of the show! OR THE MOVIE!!!
Invader Zim! Sure, I'm friends with plenty of IZ fans online, but hardly anyone I know personally has even heard of the show! OR THE MOVIE!!!
Untitled307_20221002053423.png
[quote name="PearlConnor" date="2020-02-03 19:07:00" ] [quote name="buggy101" date="2020-02-03 11:19:26" ] [quote name="@PearlConnor" date="2020-02-03 07:11:16" ] The Upside-down Show? anyone?? [/quote] OH MY GOSH, I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO REMEMBERS THIS SHOW! My memories of it are pretty vague, but I remember enjoying it. [/quote] I remember staying up "late" (for a babby) to watch it. Ah, memories [/quote] Bro, I talk about that show all the time!!!
PearlConnor wrote on 2020-02-03 19:07:00:
buggy101 wrote on 2020-02-03 11:19:26:

I remember staying up "late" (for a babby) to watch it. Ah, memories

Bro, I talk about that show all the time!!!
Untitled307_20221002053423.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31