Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Furries!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 126 127
Yeah, I agree. My family doesn't know, or I at least haven't told them myself, but I'm also not even remotely trying to hide it. It's just something I've come to enjoy in the past year, and honestly it kinda helped me through some rough patches. Just about everyone, from what I hear anyways, is so accepting of everyone else. And this is the only group of any people I actual feel some sort of belonging. Plus it's full of art, bright colors, stories, and so many creative people.
Yeah, I agree. My family doesn't know, or I at least haven't told them myself, but I'm also not even remotely trying to hide it. It's just something I've come to enjoy in the past year, and honestly it kinda helped me through some rough patches. Just about everyone, from what I hear anyways, is so accepting of everyone else. And this is the only group of any people I actual feel some sort of belonging. Plus it's full of art, bright colors, stories, and so many creative people.
djME0U2.gif
@Tupelo
I feel you on that. I'm kind of hated among the common peoples . . and I feel welcome in the fandom (Minus the hate form non-fur people). I have always, and I mean ALWAYS, had an extreme fascination with animals since I was a literal baby, and I think I can share that happily in the furry fandom.
@Tupelo
I feel you on that. I'm kind of hated among the common peoples . . and I feel welcome in the fandom (Minus the hate form non-fur people). I have always, and I mean ALWAYS, had an extreme fascination with animals since I was a literal baby, and I think I can share that happily in the furry fandom.
xxxx
Wink.gifxx
|Xhadhij Siro A.|
` ` Leo/Var ` `
He/It//Xhe/Xhem/Xheir
MJ.gif
@Doctovar

Ahhh thank you! One for each draconic "appearance" in mythology: sea serpent; wyrm; lindoworm; amphithere; drake; draconian (like a Dromaeosaur); wyvern; hexapod; hydra. Whenever limbs are reabsorbed, their body length/width gets bigger, so their sea serpent/wyrm forms are the largest and longest, while the hexapod form is the smallest.

Yep! I've always loved animals, so it isn't shocking! I've always loved nature, especially lightning and the sea, so that really influenced my design. Music that I'd say is really good for Req would be the main music from the game Seashine, or the short Reversal of the Heart. The glass harmonica is pretty spooky and cool too! I'll definitely check them out, thank you!

I found it on Wikimedia, which is what I use to find good public domain and Creative Commons images to take inspiration from/use. Ahhhh thank you!! I'l definitely be bringing new fursonas in soon!
@Doctovar

Ahhh thank you! One for each draconic "appearance" in mythology: sea serpent; wyrm; lindoworm; amphithere; drake; draconian (like a Dromaeosaur); wyvern; hexapod; hydra. Whenever limbs are reabsorbed, their body length/width gets bigger, so their sea serpent/wyrm forms are the largest and longest, while the hexapod form is the smallest.

Yep! I've always loved animals, so it isn't shocking! I've always loved nature, especially lightning and the sea, so that really influenced my design. Music that I'd say is really good for Req would be the main music from the game Seashine, or the short Reversal of the Heart. The glass harmonica is pretty spooky and cool too! I'll definitely check them out, thank you!

I found it on Wikimedia, which is what I use to find good public domain and Creative Commons images to take inspiration from/use. Ahhhh thank you!! I'l definitely be bringing new fursonas in soon!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Ugh. I bought a cut and hinged DVC skull dog mask and I'm just dying for it to arrive!
Ugh. I bought a cut and hinged DVC skull dog mask and I'm just dying for it to arrive!
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
So guys. I want to go to a con, but crowds also make my anxiety spike. Any ideas how I could deal with it when I finally go to one?
So guys. I want to go to a con, but crowds also make my anxiety spike. Any ideas how I could deal with it when I finally go to one?
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
@PearlConnor,
I haven't been to a con, but I suffer from anxiety as well in crowded places. I've found that taking a friend with me (who understands my anxiety) when I go out, especially to crowded places, really helps. They act as my anchor and I can use them to talk through my anxieties. It also has helped to take little steps to working up to going to crowded areas. Like, starting somewhere there are smaller crowds and working up as exposure therapy. I've been able to go to some local carnivals because of this! I know that some cons now have 'quiet areas' that are meant as a place to rest and relax from the busy con floors. This isn't like a one-stop guarantee fix, it's just some of my own experiences

@LittlePuppy,
That's so cool! I'm in love with their work! What do you plan on making with it when it comes in?
@PearlConnor,
I haven't been to a con, but I suffer from anxiety as well in crowded places. I've found that taking a friend with me (who understands my anxiety) when I go out, especially to crowded places, really helps. They act as my anchor and I can use them to talk through my anxieties. It also has helped to take little steps to working up to going to crowded areas. Like, starting somewhere there are smaller crowds and working up as exposure therapy. I've been able to go to some local carnivals because of this! I know that some cons now have 'quiet areas' that are meant as a place to rest and relax from the busy con floors. This isn't like a one-stop guarantee fix, it's just some of my own experiences

@LittlePuppy,
That's so cool! I'm in love with their work! What do you plan on making with it when it comes in?
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
I'm a Canadian fur which is... unfortunate, there's like no other furs here so uh. But also I feel like legit nobody would understand if I tried to explain so I just hide lmao. I'm making my first head, so that's neat. The fur should come tomorrow. If anyone's interested I can post a picture of it so far. My fursona's name is Ash, and she's a cat. My DA is here: https://www.deviantart.com/ewspirit if anyone wants to see more of my art. Also sorry the image is so big, eek [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/17346207_14QsiEegKSkN1fL.png[/img]
I'm a Canadian fur which is... unfortunate, there's like no other furs here so uh. But also I feel like legit nobody would understand if I tried to explain so I just hide lmao.

I'm making my first head, so that's neat. The fur should come tomorrow. If anyone's interested I can post a picture of it so far.

My fursona's name is Ash, and she's a cat. My DA is here: https://www.deviantart.com/ewspirit if anyone wants to see more of my art. Also sorry the image is so big, eek

17346207_14QsiEegKSkN1fL.png
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
@doctorvar
Same for me as well! I can just walk up to almost any animal and just understand them. Like I have a couple friend where their cats or dogs don't like other people than them, and they tell me not to expect them to warm up to me on the first time meeting, but then there I am with their pet all over me. lol

@EWSpirit
Your fursona is cute! And I feel that. I'm almost 100% positive that my college doesn't have any other furries attending, but I guess we never know who truly is haha.
@doctorvar
Same for me as well! I can just walk up to almost any animal and just understand them. Like I have a couple friend where their cats or dogs don't like other people than them, and they tell me not to expect them to warm up to me on the first time meeting, but then there I am with their pet all over me. lol

@EWSpirit
Your fursona is cute! And I feel that. I'm almost 100% positive that my college doesn't have any other furries attending, but I guess we never know who truly is haha.
djME0U2.gif
[color=#457723]I've been procrastinating about posting here but hey, definitely a big ol' fur here! And pretty open/chill about it too even though it's not a huge part of my life rn. I love the community and all the creativity and art. And I think it's so great to see how people choose to represent themselves with their fursonas, and I just... really love furries, okay. :D My 'sona is a weird feral skulldog thing, Seeker! [img]https://i.imgur.com/w0HYUHy.png[/img] I've got more art and some info about it [url=https://toyhou.se/5901073.-fursona-seeker]here[/url] (I'm so glad I finally started using that site so I don't have any excuse to infodump about Seek every time I post about it ahah).
I've been procrastinating about posting here but hey, definitely a big ol' fur here! And pretty open/chill about it too even though it's not a huge part of my life rn. I love the community and all the creativity and art. And I think it's so great to see how people choose to represent themselves with their fursonas, and I just... really love furries, okay. :D

My 'sona is a weird feral skulldog thing, Seeker!

w0HYUHy.png

I've got more art and some info about it here (I'm so glad I finally started using that site so I don't have any excuse to infodump about Seek every time I post about it ahah).
@Requacy
You're so welcome!! ;D
Wow, that's crazy! And so smart to think about.

Yeah, I'd say i've been more interested in the winter all my life, I still don't know why?? I think I remember seeing an owl one winter in a dream, and that kinda stuck with me. And I think owls are one of my favorite animals. .
I have quite a lot of connection with tigers. It's quite complicated, but to put it simply, A tiger spirit or ancestor or something is gaurding me as a tiger?? I dunno, I'll tell you the story if you want me too! :D
I actually can't live without music. I'm a musician myself, and music just helps me no matter what time, situation, anything it is. I think I wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for music . .
Anyways, yeah Glass Animals inspired my main fursona, Xarx, mainly the song Zaba by Glass Animals. It just gave me a trippy, tropical, mythical vibe, and I loved it.

Oh, I'll definitely visit that website! Some inspiration is always helpful for characters! Can't wait to see 'em!

@LittlePuppy
Ahh, Good luck to you! The anticipation is always a killer, hope you like the result though!

@PearlConnor
I suffer from extreme anxiety myself, so . . ehhh.
But as LittleDoctor suggested, take an understanding, supportive friend with you and just take it step by step. If you get too overwhelmed, do whatever you need to help yourself. You can also just have a positive mindset of "I'm here with the crowd, I'm not an outsider." This helps because you don't feel like they are going to think bad of you, and you feel included and comfortable. Also "This is what I wanna do, so why should I care if people think bad?" This helps because you're doing what you want and it helps you build confidence. Nobody is going to judge you, and if anything, they pretty much came to see you. They are looking for some cool furs to talk to about their characters and fursuits etc.!
Hope I helped . . ^^'

@EWSpirit
Ah, I feel you, I'm not Canadian, but nobody else where I live is a furry. I don't hide it, but I don't really socialize a lot, so nobody really gets to know me much to figure out i'm a furry.

Ooo, can you send a picture? I'd love to see it!

It's fine! She's adorable!

@Tupelo
That's cool!
My family often has problems with stray animals sOOooO . . they call me to take care of it. xD
I have the ability to pretty much tame animals, I myself still don't know how, but I- I dunno. .

Also, once I thought I talked to my pet birb?? So, in my mind, I said while directly staring in his eyes "Perch on my finger, please. ." after I opened the cage and holding my fingers and arm out in front of the cage. Then he fluffed up and flew directly to perch on my finger??! I was just like ". . . . w0t the f* just happened?" xD
I dunno if that was a coincidence, but the more I think about everything, The more I think I kinda can communicate enough to let them trust me.

@Charias
ah, well glad you did, welcome! I feel you on that, I love everything with the furry fandom!

Ah, they're cool! (haha, I'm gonna have to join that site then!)
@Requacy
You're so welcome!! ;D
Wow, that's crazy! And so smart to think about.

Yeah, I'd say i've been more interested in the winter all my life, I still don't know why?? I think I remember seeing an owl one winter in a dream, and that kinda stuck with me. And I think owls are one of my favorite animals. .
I have quite a lot of connection with tigers. It's quite complicated, but to put it simply, A tiger spirit or ancestor or something is gaurding me as a tiger?? I dunno, I'll tell you the story if you want me too! :D
I actually can't live without music. I'm a musician myself, and music just helps me no matter what time, situation, anything it is. I think I wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for music . .
Anyways, yeah Glass Animals inspired my main fursona, Xarx, mainly the song Zaba by Glass Animals. It just gave me a trippy, tropical, mythical vibe, and I loved it.

Oh, I'll definitely visit that website! Some inspiration is always helpful for characters! Can't wait to see 'em!

@LittlePuppy
Ahh, Good luck to you! The anticipation is always a killer, hope you like the result though!

@PearlConnor
I suffer from extreme anxiety myself, so . . ehhh.
But as LittleDoctor suggested, take an understanding, supportive friend with you and just take it step by step. If you get too overwhelmed, do whatever you need to help yourself. You can also just have a positive mindset of "I'm here with the crowd, I'm not an outsider." This helps because you don't feel like they are going to think bad of you, and you feel included and comfortable. Also "This is what I wanna do, so why should I care if people think bad?" This helps because you're doing what you want and it helps you build confidence. Nobody is going to judge you, and if anything, they pretty much came to see you. They are looking for some cool furs to talk to about their characters and fursuits etc.!
Hope I helped . . ^^'

@EWSpirit
Ah, I feel you, I'm not Canadian, but nobody else where I live is a furry. I don't hide it, but I don't really socialize a lot, so nobody really gets to know me much to figure out i'm a furry.

Ooo, can you send a picture? I'd love to see it!

It's fine! She's adorable!

@Tupelo
That's cool!
My family often has problems with stray animals sOOooO . . they call me to take care of it. xD
I have the ability to pretty much tame animals, I myself still don't know how, but I- I dunno. .

Also, once I thought I talked to my pet birb?? So, in my mind, I said while directly staring in his eyes "Perch on my finger, please. ." after I opened the cage and holding my fingers and arm out in front of the cage. Then he fluffed up and flew directly to perch on my finger??! I was just like ". . . . w0t the f* just happened?" xD
I dunno if that was a coincidence, but the more I think about everything, The more I think I kinda can communicate enough to let them trust me.

@Charias
ah, well glad you did, welcome! I feel you on that, I love everything with the furry fandom!

Ah, they're cool! (haha, I'm gonna have to join that site then!)
xxxx
Wink.gifxx
|Xhadhij Siro A.|
` ` Leo/Var ` `
He/It//Xhe/Xhem/Xheir
MJ.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 126 127