Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Furries!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 127 128
I have a lot of animal OCs. I can't pick one to be a main one. Right now? Between a Mississippi Kite-themed dromeosaur or a lithium-themed dragon. (I would have used my OC Bronzewing if she wasn't already in use for a story of mine) A sketch of one: [img]https://i.imgur.com/ndHZXii.jpg[/img]
I have a lot of animal OCs.

I can't pick one to be a main one.

Right now? Between a Mississippi Kite-themed dromeosaur or a lithium-themed dragon.

(I would have used my OC Bronzewing if she wasn't already in use for a story of mine)

A sketch of one: ndHZXii.jpg
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Heya!! I only have one furry OC atm (as in, one animal that's anthro but I do have other OCs, animal and human), and that's my fursona!! I only have one drawing of them that my friend drew, but I won't put that here without his permission. At some point I'll get around to drawing them myself :P
Heya!! I only have one furry OC atm (as in, one animal that's anthro but I do have other OCs, animal and human), and that's my fursona!! I only have one drawing of them that my friend drew, but I won't put that here without his permission. At some point I'll get around to drawing them myself :P
they/them
@doctorvar
Thanks! I learned a lot while making it, and I think my second one is a lot better.

But, like, not sure I can make fursuits to the quality that people would expect when commissioning. Seems like when a new maker sells a suit with ANY flaws whatsoever, even if they sold it cheap, they get negative reviews on the fursuit maker review site, which then kills their ability to ever sell another one.

And that's the big thing that makes me hesitate to explore it further. It'd have to be perfect in order to avoid getting blasted with negative reviews. It's no good expecting someone to be reasonable about the quality they'd get when NOT spending thousands of their currency of choice. Even on a suit that cost them £100, they complain if it's not perfect.

Plus, without more examples to show in my portfolio, nobody would want to commission me anyway, which means making more suits for myself, which I can't afford to do.
@doctorvar
Thanks! I learned a lot while making it, and I think my second one is a lot better.

But, like, not sure I can make fursuits to the quality that people would expect when commissioning. Seems like when a new maker sells a suit with ANY flaws whatsoever, even if they sold it cheap, they get negative reviews on the fursuit maker review site, which then kills their ability to ever sell another one.

And that's the big thing that makes me hesitate to explore it further. It'd have to be perfect in order to avoid getting blasted with negative reviews. It's no good expecting someone to be reasonable about the quality they'd get when NOT spending thousands of their currency of choice. Even on a suit that cost them £100, they complain if it's not perfect.

Plus, without more examples to show in my portfolio, nobody would want to commission me anyway, which means making more suits for myself, which I can't afford to do.
Hi guys! This thread is cool. Everyone is sharing their sonas so here is mine! [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/19486889_keOgdGeIHUmhl5c.png[/img] I tend to switch fursonas super often (I can never seem to make one that sticks) but I love her a ton! She doesn't have a name yet tho. I also have another sona but I haven't actually drawn her yet I also have a little bit of experience making fursuits! I have a mini partial I made and a foam head base that I haven't finished yet but still intend to. Here are pictures of both, sorry about the quality tho. These pictures are old. - [url=https://i.ibb.co/Nxq54BZ/IMG-2178.jpg]Mini partial head[/url] - [url=https://i.ibb.co/dmQpFHW/IMG-2182.jpg]Mini partial full[/url] - [url=https://i.ibb.co/ssDG3Pn/IMG-2180.jpg]Unfinished dragon head[/url]
Hi guys! This thread is cool. Everyone is sharing their sonas so here is mine!

19486889_keOgdGeIHUmhl5c.png

I tend to switch fursonas super often (I can never seem to make one that sticks) but I love her a ton! She doesn't have a name yet tho. I also have another sona but I haven't actually drawn her yet

I also have a little bit of experience making fursuits! I have a mini partial I made and a foam head base that I haven't finished yet but still intend to. Here are pictures of both, sorry about the quality tho. These pictures are old.
- Mini partial head
- Mini partial full
- Unfinished dragon head
RAS7foa.png
Wn94zHr.png
XmHV7tO.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png

edsfge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx skyleaf.gif
I consider myself furry-adjacent! Not a full-fledged fur (considering the stigma, it’s a label I’m a bit afraid to touch XD) but I have a lot of respect for the community and the art that comes out of it.
Btw, doctorvar, I love your forum sig! MJ is the goat.
I consider myself furry-adjacent! Not a full-fledged fur (considering the stigma, it’s a label I’m a bit afraid to touch XD) but I have a lot of respect for the community and the art that comes out of it.
Btw, doctorvar, I love your forum sig! MJ is the goat.
shaymin-sky.gif
Hey there! [emoji=banescale laughing size=1] My primary sona is a chimpanzee named Panthoots [url=https://sta.sh/01tl9by66tiy]x[/url] who I've had since 2015. I know he's not most people's idea of a cool character, but I could gush about him forever. I love him as a fursona, he's perfect for me [emoji=banescale love size=1] My secondary sona is a deinonychus named Kasakela [url=https://sta.sh/0n7qy4umoa4]x[/url] [url=https://sta.sh/0235cb7gfu3z]x[/url] who I made last year. He's me living out my childhood dinosaur obsession that never quite went away rofl
Hey there!

My primary sona is a chimpanzee named Panthoots x who I've had since 2015. I know he's not most people's idea of a cool character, but I could gush about him forever. I love him as a fursona, he's perfect for me

My secondary sona is a deinonychus named Kasakela x x who I made last year. He's me living out my childhood dinosaur obsession that never quite went away rofl
@Bronzewing
That's an interesting OC, I don't think I saw an OC quite like that before (In a good way! :,D )!

@BrownieDeity
What animal breed(s) are they? Or are they made up? :o

@Ruan
No problem! Well, you're gonna get crap no matter what, and instead of looking at it as them talking sh**, look at as something you can use to improve it! :D
As for actually selling it, show realistic pictures of what your product is actually like, so they know what they're expecting. And make sure it's a reasonable price since you are a beginner.
Maybe you can ask somebody if you could make a fursuit for them! A close relative, a friend, etc.! And maybe you can raise money by selling art, figurines, I dunno, something that you are personally good at! I am raising money myself by doing art for people, making wooden figurines/statues, and pottery!

@skyleaf
Ah, thank you,, this is the first thread I've ever made that stayed alive for longer than an hour . .
That's a cool sona! And don't worry about the switching, when you find the one, you'll know, it just happens and just fits.
How long have you been making suits? Those look amazing! :o

@NetherNo1
Well thank you for the support! And yeah, I understand the resistance due to the crap that goes around.
Thank you! I f**k*n' love Michael, he really is the goat. Bl

@feelingchimpy
Hello! It's rare to see a monkey/chimp/ape etc. kind of furry nowadays, glad you're here! I admire how much you love him even though you get a bunch of sh** about it! :O
I love dinos to this day, I want to make a sona/character of a dinosaur, but I dunno how that'll turn out. . Maybe a raptor kinda thing . . . . hmmm
@Bronzewing
That's an interesting OC, I don't think I saw an OC quite like that before (In a good way! :,D )!

@BrownieDeity
What animal breed(s) are they? Or are they made up? :o

@Ruan
No problem! Well, you're gonna get crap no matter what, and instead of looking at it as them talking sh**, look at as something you can use to improve it! :D
As for actually selling it, show realistic pictures of what your product is actually like, so they know what they're expecting. And make sure it's a reasonable price since you are a beginner.
Maybe you can ask somebody if you could make a fursuit for them! A close relative, a friend, etc.! And maybe you can raise money by selling art, figurines, I dunno, something that you are personally good at! I am raising money myself by doing art for people, making wooden figurines/statues, and pottery!

@skyleaf
Ah, thank you,, this is the first thread I've ever made that stayed alive for longer than an hour . .
That's a cool sona! And don't worry about the switching, when you find the one, you'll know, it just happens and just fits.
How long have you been making suits? Those look amazing! :o

@NetherNo1
Well thank you for the support! And yeah, I understand the resistance due to the crap that goes around.
Thank you! I f**k*n' love Michael, he really is the goat. Bl

@feelingchimpy
Hello! It's rare to see a monkey/chimp/ape etc. kind of furry nowadays, glad you're here! I admire how much you love him even though you get a bunch of sh** about it! :O
I love dinos to this day, I want to make a sona/character of a dinosaur, but I dunno how that'll turn out. . Maybe a raptor kinda thing . . . . hmmm
xxxx
Wink.gifxx
|Xhadhij Siro A.|
` ` Leo/Var ` `
He/It//Xhe/Xhem/Xheir
MJ.gif
@doctorvar Thankyou so much!! ;u; There aren't many primate furs, you're right. And you're also right that I've gotten some not so nice "feedback" we'll call it. about him. But I love him anyway. Its definitely upsetting when people say unfriendly things about your sona or OCs but I try to tell myself that he's for me, not them. It works, most of the time! You totally should!! There are (were?) sooo many species of raptors, you're bound to find one that catches your eye and inspires you! [emoji=banescale laughing size=1]
@doctorvar

Thankyou so much!! ;u; There aren't many primate furs, you're right. And you're also right that I've gotten some not so nice "feedback" we'll call it. about him. But I love him anyway. Its definitely upsetting when people say unfriendly things about your sona or OCs but I try to tell myself that he's for me, not them. It works, most of the time!

You totally should!! There are (were?) sooo many species of raptors, you're bound to find one that catches your eye and inspires you!
@feelingchimpy
You're welcome!It's too bad, it would be nice if they'd be more popular as they still are considered animals and not "too human" as they say. It does hurt, but I always have an love when others have that confidant personality to be like "you know what . . ? f* your opinion, this is my character, that represents me, and I LOVE THEM!", but sadly, not everybody has that confidence.
I really like jaguarptor, deinonychus, dromaeosaurus but I think it's mainly the feathered bois.
@feelingchimpy
You're welcome!It's too bad, it would be nice if they'd be more popular as they still are considered animals and not "too human" as they say. It does hurt, but I always have an love when others have that confidant personality to be like "you know what . . ? f* your opinion, this is my character, that represents me, and I LOVE THEM!", but sadly, not everybody has that confidence.
I really like jaguarptor, deinonychus, dromaeosaurus but I think it's mainly the feathered bois.
xxxx
Wink.gifxx
|Xhadhij Siro A.|
` ` Leo/Var ` `
He/It//Xhe/Xhem/Xheir
MJ.gif
@doctorvar They're a highland cattle with a skull mask-like thing on their head (it's a little hard to explain without visuals for me)
@doctorvar They're a highland cattle with a skull mask-like thing on their head (it's a little hard to explain without visuals for me)
they/them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 127 128