Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Legend of Zelda Hub!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44
@AstralKepeire
Interesting, did BOTW use motion controls too? Also I'm a sucker for concept art oof
@AstralKepeire
Interesting, did BOTW use motion controls too? Also I'm a sucker for concept art oof
DyYwZkw.png
@Hululuco

BOTW did use motion controls when applicable, such as when aiming bows and controlling runes and shrine apparati

Tbh I love concept art too it was just an underwhelming amount
@Hululuco

BOTW did use motion controls when applicable, such as when aiming bows and controlling runes and shrine apparati

Tbh I love concept art too it was just an underwhelming amount
01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101100 00100000 01110011 01100101 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100000 00110001 01101011 01110100
@AstralKepeire
Yeah, guess we'll just have to wait even for that...
BUT what the motion controls tell me is that the game very certanly will use the same engine, this if used properly can mean that the game could improve graphically since they'll reuse some assets, maybe even twist some functions a little. AKA we could be in presence of a Majora's Mask kind of scenario, which is promising
@AstralKepeire
Yeah, guess we'll just have to wait even for that...
BUT what the motion controls tell me is that the game very certanly will use the same engine, this if used properly can mean that the game could improve graphically since they'll reuse some assets, maybe even twist some functions a little. AKA we could be in presence of a Majora's Mask kind of scenario, which is promising
DyYwZkw.png
And I think they said it would be darker, making it more Majora’s Mask-y. And I’m a sucker for Majora’s Mask, so I’m all in.
And I think they said it would be darker, making it more Majora’s Mask-y. And I’m a sucker for Majora’s Mask, so I’m all in.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
SOMEONE SAY MAJJHHHHHHHG

SOMEONE SAY MAHUHHHUHU

SOMEONE SAY MAAAAGHGGAGGG

Sorry I just got excited and started hyperventilating
SOMEONE SAY MAJJHHHHHHHG

SOMEONE SAY MAHUHHHUHU

tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2019-12-16 14:40:04" ] SOMEONE SAY MAJJHHHHHHHG SOMEONE SAY MAHUHHHUHU SOMEONE SAY MAAAAGHGGAGGG Sorry I just got excited and started hyperventilating [/quote] Oh yeah, is Majora hyperfixation time [emoji=banescale winking size=1]
LoversMasque wrote on 2019-12-16 14:40:04:
SOMEONE SAY MAJJHHHHHHHG

SOMEONE SAY MAHUHHHUHU

Oh yeah, is Majora hyperfixation time
DyYwZkw.png
No but I really want to talk about Majora, but what hasen't been said about this game that hasn't been said before? I haven't finished yet (I think I may have to start over, my file got corrupted and I cannot go past the Great Bay temple), but is so... special in multiple ways, especially if we compare it to OoT, a game that was supposed to be the next big step for the franchise, a game that at the time HAD to represent what Zelda as a whole was, versus what happens when you give such an extent to creative freedom, it is fascinating really, there's so many details that I could talk about but I don't want to turn this into a huge paragraph lol
No but I really want to talk about Majora, but what hasen't been said about this game that hasn't been said before? I haven't finished yet (I think I may have to start over, my file got corrupted and I cannot go past the Great Bay temple), but is so... special in multiple ways, especially if we compare it to OoT, a game that was supposed to be the next big step for the franchise, a game that at the time HAD to represent what Zelda as a whole was, versus what happens when you give such an extent to creative freedom, it is fascinating really, there's so many details that I could talk about but I don't want to turn this into a huge paragraph lol
DyYwZkw.png
I could rant about Majora’s Mask all day, but since it appears that you guys are all in on MM as well, I suppose there’s not much I can say that you don’t already know. And for the record, Great Bay Temple was my least favorite (despite using my favorite mask), and trust me, you’ll want to keep going just to reach that amazing Stone Tower Temple. The well mini-dungeon is annoying and I got stuck there for a while, but Ikana is awesome, as is the rest of the game. Keep going! As for how BotW 2 relates to the wonderful MM. First off, a quote from Eiji Aonuma: “The new Breath of the Wild or the sequel to it, it’s not necessarily going to be related to Majora’s Mask or inspired by it... What we showed you currently is a little darker.” I’m honestly a bit surprised by this bit. Darker than Majora’s Mask? Unless they mean darker physically, like how Twilight Princess had a very dark aesthetic, it seems hard to believe. But I’m all in regardless. It sounds good to me so far. Second, I think the sequel will somehow utilize spirits to give Link powers, similar to how he used masks to gain abilities in MM. I doubt it will be masks this time, though; more like it has something to do with his hand. I don’t mean utilize spirits in the same way the Champions helped him. I mean, actually absorb spirits of the dead/healed and gain their capabilities. Doesn’t that hand look spirit-y to you? [img]https://gamespot1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/1587/15875866/3546080-morezelda_02.jpg[/img] Maybe he can somehow absorb spirits with the glowing arm, and experience some sort of change. And I’m always ready for a good transformation. But that seems very close to MM, and it also seems unlikely that one could come up with that idea without using Majora’s Mask as any inspiration. Oh well. I still hope we can get some form of transformation.
I could rant about Majora’s Mask all day, but since it appears that you guys are all in on MM as well, I suppose there’s not much I can say that you don’t already know. And for the record, Great Bay Temple was my least favorite (despite using my favorite mask), and trust me, you’ll want to keep going just to reach that amazing Stone Tower Temple. The well mini-dungeon is annoying and I got stuck there for a while, but Ikana is awesome, as is the rest of the game. Keep going!

As for how BotW 2 relates to the wonderful MM. First off, a quote from Eiji Aonuma: “The new Breath of the Wild or the sequel to it, it’s not necessarily going to be related to Majora’s Mask or inspired by it... What we showed you currently is a little darker.” I’m honestly a bit surprised by this bit. Darker than Majora’s Mask? Unless they mean darker physically, like how Twilight Princess had a very dark aesthetic, it seems hard to believe. But I’m all in regardless. It sounds good to me so far.

Second, I think the sequel will somehow utilize spirits to give Link powers, similar to how he used masks to gain abilities in MM. I doubt it will be masks this time, though; more like it has something to do with his hand. I don’t mean utilize spirits in the same way the Champions helped him. I mean, actually absorb spirits of the dead/healed and gain their capabilities. Doesn’t that hand look spirit-y to you?

3546080-morezelda_02.jpg

Maybe he can somehow absorb spirits with the glowing arm, and experience some sort of change. And I’m always ready for a good transformation.

But that seems very close to MM, and it also seems unlikely that one could come up with that idea without using Majora’s Mask as any inspiration. Oh well. I still hope we can get some form of transformation.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@Relics That's actually a very good hypothesis! I'd love yo see something like that come back. Were there spirits in BOTW in any way? What about that corpse that's supposedly Ganondorf? A spirit is preventing him to awaken? It IS exciting. As for the "darker" thing, trying to emulate something like Majora is hard, primarly due to the circumstances in which it was created, many of the events in the game were a result of the pressure put into the team to finish it in time, and I've seen the changes in the remake that make apparent that trying to redo it on purpose is... difficult. The lowered difficulty and changes to certain mechanics show that in a sence, and to quote a video I saw about the topic: "Majora's Mask 3D is not treated as a celebration of it's original game like OoT 3D was, is being treated as a mistake that needed to be fixed". Those circumstances were what formed the game, and although I haven't played TP yet (and I really want to), is evident that Majora's much more darker, mostly because it doesn't try to be edgy, it genuenly makes you uneasy with the combination of the colour pallete, the music and sound design, the story, and the fact that you know this isn't what a Zelda game is supposed to be like. To summarise, yes, they may TRY to make a darker game, but I'm sure it'll be more in tune with TP rather than MM, or it may be something completely different, which is great imo, let Majora continue to be special in it's own way. PS: I literally CANNOT finish the Great Bay Temple, my game freezes when I try to use the arrows in certain rooms, I may have to reset the game which stinks cuz I was going for a 100% and I'm pretty sure I have everything that you can get up to that poin, F for me [emoji=nocturne sad size=1]
@Relics That's actually a very good hypothesis! I'd love yo see something like that come back. Were there spirits in BOTW in any way? What about that corpse that's supposedly Ganondorf? A spirit is preventing him to awaken? It IS exciting.

As for the "darker" thing, trying to emulate something like Majora is hard, primarly due to the circumstances in which it was created, many of the events in the game were a result of the pressure put into the team to finish it in time, and I've seen the changes in the remake that make apparent that trying to redo it on purpose is... difficult. The lowered difficulty and changes to certain mechanics show that in a sence, and to quote a video I saw about the topic: "Majora's Mask 3D is not treated as a celebration of it's original game like OoT 3D was, is being treated as a mistake that needed to be fixed". Those circumstances were what formed the game, and although I haven't played TP yet (and I really want to), is evident that Majora's much more darker, mostly because it doesn't try to be edgy, it genuenly makes you uneasy with the combination of the colour pallete, the music and sound design, the story, and the fact that you know this isn't what a Zelda game is supposed to be like.

To summarise, yes, they may TRY to make a darker game, but I'm sure it'll be more in tune with TP rather than MM, or it may be something completely different, which is great imo, let Majora continue to be special in it's own way.

PS: I literally CANNOT finish the Great Bay Temple, my game freezes when I try to use the arrows in certain rooms, I may have to reset the game which stinks cuz I was going for a 100% and I'm pretty sure I have everything that you can get up to that poin, F for me
DyYwZkw.png
There's a rumor that we'll get a trailer for BOTW withing the following weeks! Whatcha think guys?
There's a rumor that we'll get a trailer for BOTW withing the following weeks! Whatcha think guys?
DyYwZkw.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 43 44