Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Stick your finger in the rice cooker...
1 2 3
[quote name="CrystalCatStudio" date="2019-11-13 07:02:12" ] RICE RICE BABY I love risotto, especially cheese and broccoli. Also, I love fried rice with chicken and stir-fried rice. Dirty rice is good too. [/quote] yesssss omg
CrystalCatStudio wrote on 2019-11-13 07:02:12:
RICE RICE BABY

I love risotto, especially cheese and broccoli.

Also, I love fried rice with chicken and stir-fried rice. Dirty rice is good too.

yesssss omg
Tbh I worship egg-fried rice man.
Tbh I worship egg-fried rice man.
amalia/loki | she/her | art shop
vCLzeOr.png
i love rice but i suck at cooking sfkgsjfkl;gsg so i get mine from a local chinese restaurant, their chicken fried rice is AMAZING
i love rice but i suck at cooking sfkgsjfkl;gsg so i get mine from a local chinese restaurant, their chicken fried rice is AMAZING
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
@Ern @OddOz @Sprinklez1234 @CrystalCatStudio All this talk about Risotto makes me so curious!! Tbh, I've only ever heard that dish on passing on or twice in my life :'D So I've never actually tried it before! Is there a specific go-to recipe that ya'll use when making Risottos?

@Dreamson @FoxeyLemons I feel you with the chicken soup man. Whenever I'm too busy to cook my own meal, I just get the broth from boiled chicken I usually cook for my dog before tossing the chicken to her and dumping my rice into the broth with a bit of seasoning. She gets the meat, I get the stock. Plain and simple. (please don't judge me on my hobo choices)

@Kirrandria Soup instead of water!!! How does this work?? Does the soup, like, get sponged up by the rice during cooking?? :00

@Skald The stir-fry dish sounds delicious aahh <33 I've got the tofu, rice vinegar and soy sauce, now I'm very tempted to try experimenting. Gotta get that mirin first bc we ran out last night :'D

@whalesbone I just had that yesterday omg :'D The world is so small! I hope you get to cook it soon <3

I'm from the south-east asian region so here's my take

fried rice is always my go-to for leftovers!! Just toss in whatever you have and cook it up. Tbh I tend to eat about twice as much rice than I usually do if I'm eating fried rice (high-five, my mans @Vertigris @cowboyskittles @AmaliaCatsOrSmth) :"D

But honestly, coconut rice is KING <3
THE FRAGRANCE and the TASTE of this godly dish is too good to resist *drools*
Jasmine rice come second, bc I get to eat three square meals of it on the regular, and they're kinda long too, along with basmati lol
@Ern @OddOz @Sprinklez1234 @CrystalCatStudio All this talk about Risotto makes me so curious!! Tbh, I've only ever heard that dish on passing on or twice in my life :'D So I've never actually tried it before! Is there a specific go-to recipe that ya'll use when making Risottos?

@Dreamson @FoxeyLemons I feel you with the chicken soup man. Whenever I'm too busy to cook my own meal, I just get the broth from boiled chicken I usually cook for my dog before tossing the chicken to her and dumping my rice into the broth with a bit of seasoning. She gets the meat, I get the stock. Plain and simple. (please don't judge me on my hobo choices)

@Kirrandria Soup instead of water!!! How does this work?? Does the soup, like, get sponged up by the rice during cooking?? :00

@Skald The stir-fry dish sounds delicious aahh <33 I've got the tofu, rice vinegar and soy sauce, now I'm very tempted to try experimenting. Gotta get that mirin first bc we ran out last night :'D

@whalesbone I just had that yesterday omg :'D The world is so small! I hope you get to cook it soon <3

I'm from the south-east asian region so here's my take

fried rice is always my go-to for leftovers!! Just toss in whatever you have and cook it up. Tbh I tend to eat about twice as much rice than I usually do if I'm eating fried rice (high-five, my mans @Vertigris @cowboyskittles @AmaliaCatsOrSmth) :"D

But honestly, coconut rice is KING <3
THE FRAGRANCE and the TASTE of this godly dish is too good to resist *drools*
Jasmine rice come second, bc I get to eat three square meals of it on the regular, and they're kinda long too, along with basmati lol
@whalesbone
Kinoko gohan sounds good. Can I ask what ratios of dashi vs soy sauce vs mirin you use? And any particular mushroom type? Is the goal to get a more dry/standard rice texture, or more of a porridge-y/risotto texture? I might try making it this weekend since I've got most of those in the pantry already.

@Kintoro
It's pretty good! I'm happy to share the sauce recipe measurements if you like. It feels indulgent and too yum to be healthy but it's actually pretty good for you since we pack it with cabbage and broccoli and mushrooms and whatnot. :) The best kind of meal!

Re: coconut rice, I've never had it but am super curious. Is that a variant of rice or a specific dish? My go-to is Jasmine because it's so fragrant and tastes amazing even with nothing on it, but I'm always up for trying something new!! (And you know, I collect recipes like some people collect baseball cards or whatever lol so there's definitely some motivation to ask for a recipe here, no lie...)
@whalesbone
Kinoko gohan sounds good. Can I ask what ratios of dashi vs soy sauce vs mirin you use? And any particular mushroom type? Is the goal to get a more dry/standard rice texture, or more of a porridge-y/risotto texture? I might try making it this weekend since I've got most of those in the pantry already.

@Kintoro
It's pretty good! I'm happy to share the sauce recipe measurements if you like. It feels indulgent and too yum to be healthy but it's actually pretty good for you since we pack it with cabbage and broccoli and mushrooms and whatnot. :) The best kind of meal!

Re: coconut rice, I've never had it but am super curious. Is that a variant of rice or a specific dish? My go-to is Jasmine because it's so fragrant and tastes amazing even with nothing on it, but I'm always up for trying something new!! (And you know, I collect recipes like some people collect baseball cards or whatever lol so there's definitely some motivation to ask for a recipe here, no lie...)

I’m asain. I eat rice every damn day. :) Asian children where u at with your rice bowls and rice cookers and water boilers and Ching Chong chops sticks

I’m asain. I eat rice every damn day. :) Asian children where u at with your rice bowls and rice cookers and water boilers and Ching Chong chops sticks
JvUa9ma.png
P1rk5do.png
(Dragon likes)
5hF3FGk.png
Kirby-with-headphones.gif
JrZGMGx.png
YeJCScR.png
lsvYQnp.png
l3R7Ulc.png
vXF1FGt.png
dd3NYvJ.png
Love rice uwu
i like to make this small stew sorta thing with okra and chicken its delcioussss
Love rice uwu
i like to make this small stew sorta thing with okra and chicken its delcioussss
CLICK THE IT AND CLICK THE EGGS AND HATCHLINGS--->QvjJp.gif.4IEFi.gif.qpk0m.gif.FT1v7.gif
Rice is the staple here, so it's harder to eat full meal that doesn't include rice. Even noodle are eaten with rice.

My go-to lazy way to eat rice is fried rice from leftover or just plain rice with scrambled egg and sprinkled salt on top.

My favourite rice dish are nasi uduk (rice cooked with coconut milk, usually served with various fritters) and lemper (sticky rice snack shaped into tube and filled with shredded chicken). Nasi uduk can be eaten with any dish and lemper is a really filling snack, perfect to eat on the go~

"If you haven't eat rice, you haven't eat yet" - every Asian family

Aso hello, fellow south east asian! :D
Rice is the staple here, so it's harder to eat full meal that doesn't include rice. Even noodle are eaten with rice.

My go-to lazy way to eat rice is fried rice from leftover or just plain rice with scrambled egg and sprinkled salt on top.

My favourite rice dish are nasi uduk (rice cooked with coconut milk, usually served with various fritters) and lemper (sticky rice snack shaped into tube and filled with shredded chicken). Nasi uduk can be eaten with any dish and lemper is a really filling snack, perfect to eat on the go~

"If you haven't eat rice, you haven't eat yet" - every Asian family

Aso hello, fellow south east asian! :D
[b]NASI LEMAK[/b] also whatever the heckie you call these [img]https://www.fooderific.com/thumbnails/300x300/09c21344db6a.jpg[/img] also fried rice. just toss in whatever you wanna and an egg and you got a working dish man
NASI LEMAK

also whatever the heckie you call these
09c21344db6a.jpg

also fried rice. just toss in whatever you wanna and an egg and you got a working dish man
1dgHJ.gif
Rice is fantastic and my favorite is sticky rice! Tastes good with just about anything lol but honestly it's great on its own with just some soy sauce!

Also I order takeout pork fried rice way, way too much
Rice is fantastic and my favorite is sticky rice! Tastes good with just about anything lol but honestly it's great on its own with just some soy sauce!

Also I order takeout pork fried rice way, way too much
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
1 2 3