Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Earthquakes?
1 2
My country is literally on or on the verge of 3 tectonic plates, 2 of the major ones and a smaller one. So yeah, earthquakes are pretty frequent. Not very big ones, except for 2 in the last 50 years that were kind of catastrophic, but compared to the total number of earthquakes that have happened in these 50 years, they’re not many. I usually have no clue when any of them happen, even if they’re big ones, which is funny cause I study geology lol. But since the last big one in ‘99, houses are made much more sturdy and collapse-proof, making the damages less and less with each earthquake.
Also, our birds go a bit insane and our cats kind of freak out, so that’s a good indicator of an earthquake approaching.
My country is literally on or on the verge of 3 tectonic plates, 2 of the major ones and a smaller one. So yeah, earthquakes are pretty frequent. Not very big ones, except for 2 in the last 50 years that were kind of catastrophic, but compared to the total number of earthquakes that have happened in these 50 years, they’re not many. I usually have no clue when any of them happen, even if they’re big ones, which is funny cause I study geology lol. But since the last big one in ‘99, houses are made much more sturdy and collapse-proof, making the damages less and less with each earthquake.
Also, our birds go a bit insane and our cats kind of freak out, so that’s a good indicator of an earthquake approaching.
UDDxZlL.gif
- she/her
- FR +10
-wishlist
WKK7k3A.png
Hey Ring of Fire fam! I hope you guys will be safe for when/if some Big Ones hit.

As a Californian, I also think about the Other Big One (ARk Storm) as well, due to climate change.

Just remember to stay safe, be prepared, and kick death in the gut!
Hey Ring of Fire fam! I hope you guys will be safe for when/if some Big Ones hit.

As a Californian, I also think about the Other Big One (ARk Storm) as well, due to climate change.

Just remember to stay safe, be prepared, and kick death in the gut!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Haaaah 7.1 sucks but hopefully it doesn't get to be that size again or larger. Gotta love traumatic earthquakes on the 4th of July.
Haaaah 7.1 sucks but hopefully it doesn't get to be that size again or larger. Gotta love traumatic earthquakes on the 4th of July.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
1 2