Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever seen an albino animal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've always found the genetic disorder in animals causing a severe lack/abscense of melanin in animals to be incredibly interesting. An albino animal is white in colour, with red eyes.

And today on a trip out, I saw, among a small group of maybe 5,7 deer, one beautiful albino girl. I couldn't get close or get a photo, sadly, but it was still an incredible experience.

Any of you ever seen an albino animal? If so, what?
I've always found the genetic disorder in animals causing a severe lack/abscense of melanin in animals to be incredibly interesting. An albino animal is white in colour, with red eyes.

And today on a trip out, I saw, among a small group of maybe 5,7 deer, one beautiful albino girl. I couldn't get close or get a photo, sadly, but it was still an incredible experience.

Any of you ever seen an albino animal? If so, what?
i saw an albino crow in our front yard, it appeared there for one moment and was gone in the other. i never saw one again.
i saw an albino crow in our front yard, it appeared there for one moment and was gone in the other. i never saw one again.
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
@babie Funny you say a crow, the place I went to was absolutely crawling with jackdaws (a type of crow I love) and some part of me was secretly hoping to see an albino one! Lucky you!
@babie Funny you say a crow, the place I went to was absolutely crawling with jackdaws (a type of crow I love) and some part of me was secretly hoping to see an albino one! Lucky you!
One of the pet rats I once used to have was an albino. He was a bit more skittish than his companion, which might've been due to his eyesight.

Also, while not an actual albino, around my first home, I could often see a common crow with partial leucism. It had completly white tail and hand feathers, as well as irregular white blotches on arm feathers and back.
The interesting thing was, in a nearby park lived a swarm of crows. Yet around my home I'd only ever see the whitewing and one regular-coloured one. My theory is, it may have been abandoned by the group due to its condition, but found a partner beforehand. And since crows usually mate for life, that partner stayed with it.
One of the pet rats I once used to have was an albino. He was a bit more skittish than his companion, which might've been due to his eyesight.

Also, while not an actual albino, around my first home, I could often see a common crow with partial leucism. It had completly white tail and hand feathers, as well as irregular white blotches on arm feathers and back.
The interesting thing was, in a nearby park lived a swarm of crows. Yet around my home I'd only ever see the whitewing and one regular-coloured one. My theory is, it may have been abandoned by the group due to its condition, but found a partner beforehand. And since crows usually mate for life, that partner stayed with it.
My neighbor had an albino dog, she was really pretty, but sadly, she had issues with her because the dog's deaf. :c

Really pretty, but a lot of health issues.
My neighbor had an albino dog, she was really pretty, but sadly, she had issues with her because the dog's deaf. :c

Really pretty, but a lot of health issues.
I saw an albino alligator at an aquarium once!
I’ve also seen a melanistic (all black) squirrel
I saw an albino alligator at an aquarium once!
I’ve also seen a melanistic (all black) squirrel
i used to have an albino rat
i used to have an albino rat
Saw an albino squirrel once!

Otherwise, for a couple of years there used to be this pure white heron that hung out around the river by where I work. Unsure if it was an albino great blue (the species common where I live), or if it was just a rare sighting of a usually white feathered bird of some kind.
Saw an albino squirrel once!

Otherwise, for a couple of years there used to be this pure white heron that hung out around the river by where I work. Unsure if it was an albino great blue (the species common where I live), or if it was just a rare sighting of a usually white feathered bird of some kind.
@Kirrandria

Great whites are a thing too, so maybe that's something you saw?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_egret
@Kirrandria

Great whites are a thing too, so maybe that's something you saw?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_egret
Personally no. My mom and dad saw an albino cow elk a long time ago (I think I wasn't born yet)

I hope to one day see all the pigment types-- Albino/Melanistic (TOO much pigmentation/melanin)/Piebald (splotches of white --think a paint horse-- or our dragons on here :D)/etc. etc.
Personally no. My mom and dad saw an albino cow elk a long time ago (I think I wasn't born yet)

I hope to one day see all the pigment types-- Albino/Melanistic (TOO much pigmentation/melanin)/Piebald (splotches of white --think a paint horse-- or our dragons on here :D)/etc. etc.
ooooooooooooooooo fdBErrE.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)