General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever seen an albino animal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've always found the genetic disorder in animals causing a severe lack/abscense of melanin in animals to be incredibly interesting. An albino animal is white in colour, with red eyes.

And today on a trip out, I saw, among a small group of maybe 5,7 deer, one beautiful albino girl. I couldn't get close or get a photo, sadly, but it was still an incredible experience.

Any of you ever seen an albino animal? If so, what?
I've always found the genetic disorder in animals causing a severe lack/abscense of melanin in animals to be incredibly interesting. An albino animal is white in colour, with red eyes.

And today on a trip out, I saw, among a small group of maybe 5,7 deer, one beautiful albino girl. I couldn't get close or get a photo, sadly, but it was still an incredible experience.

Any of you ever seen an albino animal? If so, what?
QG0jN61.png FwHaLMN.png ?VCKH_=platform.png
i saw an albino crow in our front yard, it appeared there for one moment and was gone in the other. i never saw one again.
i saw an albino crow in our front yard, it appeared there for one moment and was gone in the other. i never saw one again.
uh-oh.png
@babie Funny you say a crow, the place I went to was absolutely crawling with jackdaws (a type of crow I love) and some part of me was secretly hoping to see an albino one! Lucky you!
@babie Funny you say a crow, the place I went to was absolutely crawling with jackdaws (a type of crow I love) and some part of me was secretly hoping to see an albino one! Lucky you!
QG0jN61.png FwHaLMN.png ?VCKH_=platform.png
One of the pet rats I once used to have was an albino. He was a bit more skittish than his companion, which might've been due to his eyesight.

Also, while not an actual albino, around my first home, I could often see a common crow with partial leucism. It had completly white tail and hand feathers, as well as irregular white blotches on arm feathers and back.
The interesting thing was, in a nearby park lived a swarm of crows. Yet around my home I'd only ever see the whitewing and one regular-coloured one. My theory is, it may have been abandoned by the group due to its condition, but found a partner beforehand. And since crows usually mate for life, that partner stayed with it.
One of the pet rats I once used to have was an albino. He was a bit more skittish than his companion, which might've been due to his eyesight.

Also, while not an actual albino, around my first home, I could often see a common crow with partial leucism. It had completly white tail and hand feathers, as well as irregular white blotches on arm feathers and back.
The interesting thing was, in a nearby park lived a swarm of crows. Yet around my home I'd only ever see the whitewing and one regular-coloured one. My theory is, it may have been abandoned by the group due to its condition, but found a partner beforehand. And since crows usually mate for life, that partner stayed with it.
7593.png21421.pngdeity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif21420.png7591.png
My neighbor had an albino dog, she was really pretty, but sadly, she had issues with her because the dog's deaf. :c

Really pretty, but a lot of health issues.
My neighbor had an albino dog, she was really pretty, but sadly, she had issues with her because the dog's deaf. :c

Really pretty, but a lot of health issues.
I saw an albino alligator at an aquarium once!
I’ve also seen a melanistic (all black) squirrel
I saw an albino alligator at an aquarium once!
I’ve also seen a melanistic (all black) squirrel
i used to have an albino rat
i used to have an albino rat
Saw an albino squirrel once!

Otherwise, for a couple of years there used to be this pure white heron that hung out around the river by where I work. Unsure if it was an albino great blue (the species common where I live), or if it was just a rare sighting of a usually white feathered bird of some kind.
Saw an albino squirrel once!

Otherwise, for a couple of years there used to be this pure white heron that hung out around the river by where I work. Unsure if it was an albino great blue (the species common where I live), or if it was just a rare sighting of a usually white feathered bird of some kind.
hVHlIic.png
@Kirrandria

Great whites are a thing too, so maybe that's something you saw?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_egret
@Kirrandria

Great whites are a thing too, so maybe that's something you saw?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_egret
7593.png21421.pngdeity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif21420.png7591.png
Personally no. My mom and dad saw an albino cow elk a long time ago (I think I wasn't born yet)

I hope to one day see all the pigment types-- Albino/Melanistic (TOO much pigmentation/melanin)/Piebald (splotches of white --think a paint horse-- or our dragons on here :D)/etc. etc.
Personally no. My mom and dad saw an albino cow elk a long time ago (I think I wasn't born yet)

I hope to one day see all the pigment types-- Albino/Melanistic (TOO much pigmentation/melanin)/Piebald (splotches of white --think a paint horse-- or our dragons on here :D)/etc. etc.
hWuKTNX.pngooo
F O U R R
- - - - - -
|| SHE/HER || +0 || 21 || LIBRA ||
W I S H L I S T

Lineart © sunflic
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8