Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mythos Share
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Gamer oh you, I like you
@Gamer oh you, I like you
image0.pngl3LmnyE.giftumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio8_100-removebg-preview.pngXB8NBmR.pngserperior.giftp1eAiM.png
Updated stock!
Updated stock!
image0.pngl3LmnyE.giftumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio8_100-removebg-preview.pngXB8NBmR.pngserperior.giftp1eAiM.png
Stock updated again
Stock updated again
Added Event prizes
Added Event prizes
*Bangs down the door*

MYTHOOOLOOOGYYYYYY!!

I'm specifically a nerd on dragon mythology, so here's an interesting (but saaad) story I've heard of.

Once, in the town of Mordiford, there was a little girl named Maud.

Maud was a strange girl and felt very lonely. She desperately wanted a pet, but her parents wouldn't allow it. Still lonely, she would go into the woods to find peace. One day, Maud found a small, green, serpentine creature: a wyvern.

Not recognizing the wyvern's species, Maud took it in. When she tried to show her parents, they demanded she abandon the tiny creature. Instead, Maud hid the little wyvern in the woods. She would give milk to the tiny dragon in order to feed it. Over time, the wyvern grew, its wings thickening and its scales turning dark green. Now larger, it hungered for more than milk.

Leaving the woods, the wyvern went out into a village and killed some livestock. This enraged the farmers, who tried to kill the wyvern. The wyvern took their lives instead. Anything that tried to stop its hunting would be killed. The only exception was Maud, the one person who loved the creature. Only she could soothe the wyvern.

The townsfolk were running out of options. They sought help from a local knight, hoping he would slay the monster. He agreed, and with a shield, horse, and lance, went out into the Mordiford forest. Perceptive, he noticed the wyvern camouflaged in the foliage. It attacked, but the knight was prepared. He deflected it with his shield, and, in then brief window of opportunity, pierced the wyvern's throat with his lance. The scourge of the village was dead. Maud, witnessing the horrid fight, revealed herself, crying over the corpse of her beloved pet.

Thus was the tragic tale of the Dragon of Mordiford.

I also know a few non-monster related fables, including one about a sparrow getting its tongue cut out.

*Bangs down the door*

MYTHOOOLOOOGYYYYYY!!

I'm specifically a nerd on dragon mythology, so here's an interesting (but saaad) story I've heard of.

Once, in the town of Mordiford, there was a little girl named Maud.

Maud was a strange girl and felt very lonely. She desperately wanted a pet, but her parents wouldn't allow it. Still lonely, she would go into the woods to find peace. One day, Maud found a small, green, serpentine creature: a wyvern.

Not recognizing the wyvern's species, Maud took it in. When she tried to show her parents, they demanded she abandon the tiny creature. Instead, Maud hid the little wyvern in the woods. She would give milk to the tiny dragon in order to feed it. Over time, the wyvern grew, its wings thickening and its scales turning dark green. Now larger, it hungered for more than milk.

Leaving the woods, the wyvern went out into a village and killed some livestock. This enraged the farmers, who tried to kill the wyvern. The wyvern took their lives instead. Anything that tried to stop its hunting would be killed. The only exception was Maud, the one person who loved the creature. Only she could soothe the wyvern.

The townsfolk were running out of options. They sought help from a local knight, hoping he would slay the monster. He agreed, and with a shield, horse, and lance, went out into the Mordiford forest. Perceptive, he noticed the wyvern camouflaged in the foliage. It attacked, but the knight was prepared. He deflected it with his shield, and, in then brief window of opportunity, pierced the wyvern's throat with his lance. The scourge of the village was dead. Maud, witnessing the horrid fight, revealed herself, crying over the corpse of her beloved pet.

Thus was the tragic tale of the Dragon of Mordiford.

I also know a few non-monster related fables, including one about a sparrow getting its tongue cut out.

Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Oh!! I love mythology!! I'm from Brazil and my favorite myth is the tupi story of the creation of giant lily pads. I'd written this before telling it to another person so here it is: [i]In the nights of older times, in the Brazilian Amazon, the moon laid an intense light on the waters, making Naia, the youngest of the tribe and a dreamer, climb a tree to try to touch the moon, but she didn't succeed. The next day, she and her friends climbed the distant hills to feel with their hands the smoothness of the moon, but again they failed. The following night, Naia left the house and took the river trails to stare at the river's waters. There was the full moon, quietly reflecting its image on the water's surface. Naia, in her innocence, thought the moon had come to bathe itself in the river and allow her to touch it. Naia dove into the deep waters to reach the moon, but unfortunately ended up drowning. The moon goddess, Jaci, feeling pity for the young lost life and transformed Naia into a giant flower - the Vitória Régia - with an inebriating perfume and petals that spread on the water at night to receive the full light of the moon.[/i] [img]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PRgUAZrUENU/U3JIdgebXMI/AAAAAAAADgU/VDNlukQ0acQ/s1600/vitoria-regia.jpg[/img]
Oh!! I love mythology!!
I'm from Brazil and my favorite myth is the tupi story of the creation of giant lily pads. I'd written this before telling it to another person so here it is:

In the nights of older times, in the Brazilian Amazon, the moon laid an intense light on the waters, making Naia, the youngest of the tribe and a dreamer, climb a tree to try to touch the moon, but she didn't succeed. The next day, she and her friends climbed the distant hills to feel with their hands the smoothness of the moon, but again they failed.
The following night, Naia left the house and took the river trails to stare at the river's waters. There was the full moon, quietly reflecting its image on the water's surface. Naia, in her innocence, thought the moon had come to bathe itself in the river and allow her to touch it. Naia dove into the deep waters to reach the moon, but unfortunately ended up drowning.
The moon goddess, Jaci, feeling pity for the young lost life and transformed Naia into a giant flower - the Vitória Régia - with an inebriating perfume and petals that spread on the water at night to receive the full light of the moon.

vitoria-regia.jpg
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

I love myths.Since its a few days after Chinese Valentines Day I will share the legend here(by the way I will type it myself so sorry if I have any grammar or spelling mistakes)!

Once there was a little boy, unnamed and doesn't have parents.He was cared by his elder brother and is wife,who treated him badly.His brother just let him take care of a cow and left.The boy always bring the cow to the best fields and the cleanest river.And after those times people call him NiuLang(means a guy that cares the cow).

One day, he brought the cow to a river, he heard noises from the river and saw that there are faires playing there.One of them is ZhiNu(weaving girl), the granddaugther of the God.The God drink some wine that day and slept. The faires sees this is a chance to find out how Earth looks like so off the went.When NiuLang and ZhiNu sees each other, they immediately fell in love with each other. Soon they married and have two babies and ZhiNu keep staying on Earth.One day,the cow that NiuLang keeps was sick.The cow said:"I am old and can't move anymore, to repay your kindness ,please take my skin off after I died,it will help you in dangerous moments" .After that the cow passed away.

Back at Heaven,the God heard that her granddaugther maried to a person and she was very angry.She brought armies to bring ZhiNu back.That day, NiuLang is out and ZhiNu was weaving and caring the two babies.Suddenly the armies grabbed her and brought her back.NiuLang see that his wife has been taken ,so he picks up a carrying pole(google that if you don;t know what it is) and put the two babies on either side of the basket and wears the cow skin and they started flying.

After a wild chase,the god put a barrier to stop NiuLang to keep chasing.And NiuLang can't go through ,with a sad heart , he went back to his home.

Ever since,the two keeping looking at each other from sky to the ground.Their love touched the magpies,every 7th day in the 7th at the Chinese calendar,the magpies will form a bridge to let them meet.Thats the legend of the Chinese Valentines day.

Gosh I just realized how long is this.
I love myths.Since its a few days after Chinese Valentines Day I will share the legend here(by the way I will type it myself so sorry if I have any grammar or spelling mistakes)!

Once there was a little boy, unnamed and doesn't have parents.He was cared by his elder brother and is wife,who treated him badly.His brother just let him take care of a cow and left.The boy always bring the cow to the best fields and the cleanest river.And after those times people call him NiuLang(means a guy that cares the cow).

One day, he brought the cow to a river, he heard noises from the river and saw that there are faires playing there.One of them is ZhiNu(weaving girl), the granddaugther of the God.The God drink some wine that day and slept. The faires sees this is a chance to find out how Earth looks like so off the went.When NiuLang and ZhiNu sees each other, they immediately fell in love with each other. Soon they married and have two babies and ZhiNu keep staying on Earth.One day,the cow that NiuLang keeps was sick.The cow said:"I am old and can't move anymore, to repay your kindness ,please take my skin off after I died,it will help you in dangerous moments" .After that the cow passed away.

Back at Heaven,the God heard that her granddaugther maried to a person and she was very angry.She brought armies to bring ZhiNu back.That day, NiuLang is out and ZhiNu was weaving and caring the two babies.Suddenly the armies grabbed her and brought her back.NiuLang see that his wife has been taken ,so he picks up a carrying pole(google that if you don;t know what it is) and put the two babies on either side of the basket and wears the cow skin and they started flying.

After a wild chase,the god put a barrier to stop NiuLang to keep chasing.And NiuLang can't go through ,with a sad heart , he went back to his home.

Ever since,the two keeping looking at each other from sky to the ground.Their love touched the magpies,every 7th day in the 7th at the Chinese calendar,the magpies will form a bridge to let them meet.Thats the legend of the Chinese Valentines day.

Gosh I just realized how long is this.
WDPGGWi.png
@Requacy YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@GrimdarkRoxy Not often I get to hear Brazilian mythology, that was a nice surprise!

@xxHenry1025xx I had no idea Chinese Valentine's day was recent! Much less that it came with cool stories.
@Requacy YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@GrimdarkRoxy Not often I get to hear Brazilian mythology, that was a nice surprise!

@xxHenry1025xx I had no idea Chinese Valentine's day was recent! Much less that it came with cool stories.
[quote name="@Ambivalence" date="2020-09-02 05:49:21" ] @/Requacy YOOOOOOOOOOOOO [snip] [/quote] [font=American Gothic] My thoughts exactly.
@Ambivalence wrote on 2020-09-02 05:49:21:
@/Requacy YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[snip]

My thoughts exactly.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Stock Updated
Stock Updated
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9