Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ~* [HUB] Dreams, Lucidity, Nightmares *~
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 441 442
No recall :<
No recall :<
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/375057[/img]
Ahh I haven't posted here in a few days! No recall for me, sadly. Though today I woke up thinking about dogs, so I feel like my dream was probably something to do with that haha.
Ahh I haven't posted here in a few days! No recall for me, sadly. Though today I woke up thinking about dogs, so I feel like my dream was probably something to do with that haha.
@Oranitha @SolifugeSpace @CreatorHolly @Charias @serron @Lyren @Shrapnarl @nebulaesailor @Knoxxi @Kirrandria @Physik @DoggoNoWanno @Mnkn10 @Kitchenofdeath @tamka @BeckAlistiere @Saraceaser @eliriel @Cunea @dragonlady1803 @Sigmar @logical @kpribbit @Enkue @SugarSpun

Hey there, dreamers! Boy howdy I'm late today, sorry about that. Always feel free to send out the ping yourself if I'm running way behind like that.

Gonna roll the dice again for chests, but mixing things up a bit for the next round! I'll be rolling for posts that discuss someone else's dream. So if you want a chance at a chest--or, better yet, have been waiting for an excuse to break the ice--this is the time to ping folks about their dreams from today, yesterday, maybe two days back.

Oranitha: 2
Kirrandria: 3
KitchenOfDeath: 5! Sending chest!
Charias: 2

@Oranitha @SolifugeSpace @CreatorHolly @Charias @serron @Lyren @Shrapnarl @nebulaesailor @Knoxxi @Kirrandria @Physik @DoggoNoWanno @Mnkn10 @Kitchenofdeath @tamka @BeckAlistiere @Saraceaser @eliriel @Cunea @dragonlady1803 @Sigmar @logical @kpribbit @Enkue @SugarSpun

Hey there, dreamers! Boy howdy I'm late today, sorry about that. Always feel free to send out the ping yourself if I'm running way behind like that.

Gonna roll the dice again for chests, but mixing things up a bit for the next round! I'll be rolling for posts that discuss someone else's dream. So if you want a chance at a chest--or, better yet, have been waiting for an excuse to break the ice--this is the time to ping folks about their dreams from today, yesterday, maybe two days back.

Oranitha: 2
Kirrandria: 3
KitchenOfDeath: 5! Sending chest!
Charias: 2

cL9yafY.gif
What the hecking luck
What the hecking luck
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/375057[/img]
[center](few hours late but who's counting)[/center] [center][size=4][b]Math[/b][/size][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/MDZ3rVU.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/kFfQCmO.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/mgso61R.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Trigger Warnings:[/b] [i]m a t h[/i] [b]Discuss this dream?:[/b] sure, but it's pretty straightforward [b]Have this dream interpreted?:[/b] sure I was in my math class, and it was VERY correct detail-wise. My teacher looked and talked like she does, the classroom was almost perfect, the students were students at the school but not the same exact ones from class. I don't remember the meat of the dream, but small bits such as me crying in the corner while I do simple algebra or whatever and my teacher talking loudly. At some point the principal walks in with a bright orange backpack and starts talking to the teacher, but his hands are doing ASL (I don't know ASL therefore it was probably not correct. Also, note, my principal does not know ASL irl). He then has a halo appear over his head and just kind of yeet himself out the door into this little workroom we have attached to the classroom. Don't remember how the dream ended or any other details story-wise... I was abruptly woken up and didn't give me time to process or write down what I dreamt. [b]Notes:[/b] In real life, I skipped a math level due to my new school saying I can (I skipped Algebra), so I went straight into Geometry. That went fine, but this year I'm in Algebra 2. With barely any Algebra backround. I've done pre-algebra, but that's only half of the things I needed. I'm doing fine gradewise so far, but I fear it will affect me in the future (SAT??). Also, since most of the concepts are new to me I end up having to master them in a few weeks before we have a unit or (scream) mid unit exam. I have lost lots of sleep over this, therefor I am not surprised I had a dream about it. Why now though??!!
(few hours late but who's counting)
Math
MDZ3rVU.pngkFfQCmO.pngmgso61R.png
Trigger Warnings: m a t h
Discuss this dream?: sure, but it's pretty straightforward
Have this dream interpreted?: sure

I was in my math class, and it was VERY correct detail-wise. My teacher looked and talked like she does, the classroom was almost perfect, the students were students at the school but not the same exact ones from class. I don't remember the meat of the dream, but small bits such as me crying in the corner while I do simple algebra or whatever and my teacher talking loudly. At some point the principal walks in with a bright orange backpack and starts talking to the teacher, but his hands are doing ASL (I don't know ASL therefore it was probably not correct. Also, note, my principal does not know ASL irl). He then has a halo appear over his head and just kind of yeet himself out the door into this little workroom we have attached to the classroom. Don't remember how the dream ended or any other details story-wise... I was abruptly woken up and didn't give me time to process or write down what I dreamt.

Notes: In real life, I skipped a math level due to my new school saying I can (I skipped Algebra), so I went straight into Geometry. That went fine, but this year I'm in Algebra 2. With barely any Algebra backround. I've done pre-algebra, but that's only half of the things I needed. I'm doing fine gradewise so far, but I fear it will affect me in the future (SAT??). Also, since most of the concepts are new to me I end up having to master them in a few weeks before we have a unit or (scream) mid unit exam.

I have lost lots of sleep over this, therefor I am not surprised I had a dream about it. Why now though??!!
t3ZZoeU.pngFU8J6iH.pngEZybtWo.gifaT7Sqrk.gifXWlqR9r.png
no recall for me
no recall for me
kinda inappropriate nightmare, so not gonna post it
kinda inappropriate nightmare, so not gonna post it
akueye3.png
[center][size=4][b]Disturbing Christmas Dream[/b][/size][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/gciH2Oc.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/MDZ3rVU.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/hCPXA5P.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/FU8J6iH.gif[/img][/url][/center] [b]Trigger Warnings:[/b] Christian stuff, Christmas, death/bloodshed/gore [b]Discuss this dream?:[/b] yes [b]Have this dream interpreted?:[/b] [u]yes please[/u] I wake up and its Christmas morning, and my family is gathered downstairs in the living room, though I only recognize my mother and father. We are about to open the presents, but we hear a baby crying. We go upstairs and see a manger with a baby in it. We are all just happy. Then the baby's face contorts and turns dark and scary, and these long black thin limb things come out of its back and it stands over us. People scream, cry, run, and so forth. It starts killing them, staying a wrapped up baby with a contorted face and the limb things coming out of its back. The place changes, and we're in this place thats like a labyrinth, but there are platforms and some small hills that you can go over. Bodies, blood and gore surround me, as I run and hide for my life. I'm crying, but trying to stay quiet, as its always around the corner. It sometimes screams just to remind me its there, just when I think I'm safe. I'm always the last one standing. The dream only ends when it's about to get me, but I wake up in real life just before it can. It's a lucid dream because i'm aware i'm dreaming, but I can't give myself powers or anything, I can just run, hide, and try to survive. I get tired and have to wait to get enough energy to keep moving. I have not been able to defeat the creature, nor have I been killed by it yet. I'm not sure what it means, nor how to interpret it. [b]Notes:[/b] Occurs around Christmas every year, the only ties to reality are my family and me, is a lucid dream every time, started around 5 years ago. Any advice on this/interpretations of this are extremely appreciated.
Disturbing Christmas Dream
gciH2Oc.pngMDZ3rVU.pnghCPXA5P.pngFU8J6iH.gif
Trigger Warnings: Christian stuff, Christmas, death/bloodshed/gore
Discuss this dream?: yes
Have this dream interpreted?: yes please

I wake up and its Christmas morning, and my family is gathered downstairs in the living room, though I only recognize my mother and father. We are about to open the presents, but we hear a baby crying. We go upstairs and see a manger with a baby in it. We are all just happy. Then the baby's face contorts and turns dark and scary, and these long black thin limb things come out of its back and it stands over us. People scream, cry, run, and so forth. It starts killing them, staying a wrapped up baby with a contorted face and the limb things coming out of its back. The place changes, and we're in this place thats like a labyrinth, but there are platforms and some small hills that you can go over. Bodies, blood and gore surround me, as I run and hide for my life. I'm crying, but trying to stay quiet, as its always around the corner. It sometimes screams just to remind me its there, just when I think I'm safe. I'm always the last one standing. The dream only ends when it's about to get me, but I wake up in real life just before it can.

It's a lucid dream because i'm aware i'm dreaming, but I can't give myself powers or anything, I can just run, hide, and try to survive. I get tired and have to wait to get enough energy to keep moving. I have not been able to defeat the creature, nor have I been killed by it yet. I'm not sure what it means, nor how to interpret it.

Notes: Occurs around Christmas every year, the only ties to reality are my family and me, is a lucid dream every time, started around 5 years ago.

Any advice on this/interpretations of this are extremely appreciated.
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
Awkward Date
Trigger Warnings: None
Discuss this dream?: If you feel like it, not much to it though
Have this dream interpreted?: Not sure anything needs to be interpreted, but if you find something, go for it lol

So this dream really wasn't much. I was sitting in a restaurant with someone who was apparently my non-existent boyfriend? Apparently we had broken up sometime, and we were on a date so that I could try and "win him back". But really, he was just looking at me unimpressed while I proceeded to order 10 pies. But apparently that worked because there was a little time skip in my dream and we were married so... Pie makes everything better?

Notes: My "boyfriend" happened to be one of the standby actors for a character I love in a musical that I'm currently obsessed with, so really there's no surprise there haha
Awkward Date
Trigger Warnings: None
Discuss this dream?: If you feel like it, not much to it though
Have this dream interpreted?: Not sure anything needs to be interpreted, but if you find something, go for it lol

So this dream really wasn't much. I was sitting in a restaurant with someone who was apparently my non-existent boyfriend? Apparently we had broken up sometime, and we were on a date so that I could try and "win him back". But really, he was just looking at me unimpressed while I proceeded to order 10 pies. But apparently that worked because there was a little time skip in my dream and we were married so... Pie makes everything better?

Notes: My "boyfriend" happened to be one of the standby actors for a character I love in a musical that I'm currently obsessed with, so really there's no surprise there haha
hopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif cowboy | 19 | he/himhopping_magpie_by_tathym-daeyqxz.gif
@Kataracts I'm willing to have a go! Definitely not a pro, but hey, more eyes on :)

I'm sorry you deal with such a distressing recurring nightmare--I've heard of lucid nightmares without control, but never experienced one or read a full account. It sounds terrifying.

For what it's worth, the first thing coming to mind is that you have incredible latent control over your dreams. Given the long gap between recurrences, the similarity between them, and the fact you have awareness within them, my first instinct is that their intensity and recurrence is controlled in part by your expectation of them, conscious or not. So that's powerful in the long-term, but obviously not ideal when it comes to breaking a recurring nightmare.

First instinct suggests that it's a stress nightmare borrowing heavily from local iconography and reinforced by expectation. No doubt there's symbolism there, but I'm not reading this as dire news, fact of the matter is that religious and horror elements get paired up a lot. But if I was taking guesses anyways:
  • First part of the dream is the safe, familiar, and serene
  • Baby is a change, one initially expected to be good
  • Transforming baby is the realization of a latent fear that the change will not be good
  • Specifically going from baby Jesus to a demon is corruption
  • Later half is feeling trapped and is essentially venting of fear

So the TL;DR is that, if pressed, I'd say this is generalized holiday anxiety involving things like hearth and home changing or being corrupted. Anything you can think of 5 years ago?

I'm generally a bad person to give nightmare advice, as I take a pretty reckless approach. So with the "if it was me" disclaimer:
  • Recognize that the nightmare itself isn't evil; it's your brain processing and venting feelings left over from waking life.
  • Recognize that the baby monster is a coward. It only comes at you when you're at your most vulnerable, and will not face you otherwise
  • Sketch, describe, or just visualize the monster. Consider how you'd fight it
  • Definitely the most controversial, but: if you're comfortable, try to call it out on your own terms. You're clearly able to influence your dreams, and if you can change the ground rule to "you are the hunted, I am the hunter", you can break the association and thus the nightmare.

Sorry for the wall, I hope something in there was useful! Counteracting nightmares is an interest of mine, it's how I got started with lucidity. Happy to help however I can if you've got questions or need support.

@Kataracts I'm willing to have a go! Definitely not a pro, but hey, more eyes on :)

I'm sorry you deal with such a distressing recurring nightmare--I've heard of lucid nightmares without control, but never experienced one or read a full account. It sounds terrifying.

For what it's worth, the first thing coming to mind is that you have incredible latent control over your dreams. Given the long gap between recurrences, the similarity between them, and the fact you have awareness within them, my first instinct is that their intensity and recurrence is controlled in part by your expectation of them, conscious or not. So that's powerful in the long-term, but obviously not ideal when it comes to breaking a recurring nightmare.

First instinct suggests that it's a stress nightmare borrowing heavily from local iconography and reinforced by expectation. No doubt there's symbolism there, but I'm not reading this as dire news, fact of the matter is that religious and horror elements get paired up a lot. But if I was taking guesses anyways:
  • First part of the dream is the safe, familiar, and serene
  • Baby is a change, one initially expected to be good
  • Transforming baby is the realization of a latent fear that the change will not be good
  • Specifically going from baby Jesus to a demon is corruption
  • Later half is feeling trapped and is essentially venting of fear

So the TL;DR is that, if pressed, I'd say this is generalized holiday anxiety involving things like hearth and home changing or being corrupted. Anything you can think of 5 years ago?

I'm generally a bad person to give nightmare advice, as I take a pretty reckless approach. So with the "if it was me" disclaimer:
  • Recognize that the nightmare itself isn't evil; it's your brain processing and venting feelings left over from waking life.
  • Recognize that the baby monster is a coward. It only comes at you when you're at your most vulnerable, and will not face you otherwise
  • Sketch, describe, or just visualize the monster. Consider how you'd fight it
  • Definitely the most controversial, but: if you're comfortable, try to call it out on your own terms. You're clearly able to influence your dreams, and if you can change the ground rule to "you are the hunted, I am the hunter", you can break the association and thus the nightmare.

Sorry for the wall, I hope something in there was useful! Counteracting nightmares is an interest of mine, it's how I got started with lucidity. Happy to help however I can if you've got questions or need support.

cL9yafY.gif
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 441 442