General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | super mario hub!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
@HydreigonOxide ooh rad lad thasnks!
yeah thats about how he l ooked
@HydreigonOxide ooh rad lad thasnks!
yeah thats about how he l ooked
|||||||||||||||||||||||||| call me zelen! i talk about mario a lot
||||bug3.gif | GWG4MCFMarioSprite.pngmario thread!!
|||||
tRvB8Xn.png
oh yeah right monthly pings its winter now lads. grab some blankets, stay warm, all that [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/a/a6/SMO-ND0913-SCRN27.jpg[/img] december anniversaries: 1 - mario kart 7 2 - warioware: touched!, warioware: smooth moves 3 - mario & luigi: paper jam 4 - yoshi 7 - mario party 3, [b]super smash bros. ultimate[/b] (its already releasing so soon!) 9 - yoshi topsy-turvy 12 - donkey konga 14 - mario kart 64 15 - [b]super mario run[/b] 17 - mario party 2 18 - mario party 21 - yoshi's story @PrehistoryMaker (i still dont know if i should add you to monthly pings or the other one, or both)
oh yeah right monthly pings
its winter now lads. grab some blankets, stay warm, all that
SMO-ND0913-SCRN27.jpg

december anniversaries:
1 - mario kart 7
2 - warioware: touched!, warioware: smooth moves
3 - mario & luigi: paper jam
4 - yoshi
7 - mario party 3, super smash bros. ultimate (its already releasing so soon!)
9 - yoshi topsy-turvy
12 - donkey konga
14 - mario kart 64
15 - super mario run
17 - mario party 2
18 - mario party
21 - yoshi's story

@PrehistoryMaker (i still dont know if i should add you to monthly pings or the other one, or both)
|||||
tRvB8Xn.png
Hey guys, does anyone else remember those Mario cartoons from the 80's and the 90's? Or is it just me?
Hey guys, does anyone else remember those Mario cartoons from the 80's and the 90's? Or is it just me?
For me, every day is World Kindness Day.
[quote name="buggy101" date="2018-12-02 11:19:43" ] Hey guys, does anyone else remember those Mario cartoons from the 80's and the 90's? Or is it just me? [/quote] I had a bunch of those on DVD! Thanks, bargain bins… Looking back on them, they were [i]so[/i] cheesy and the animation was always [i]so[/i] bad; they gave us Mama Luigi.
buggy101 wrote on 2018-12-02 11:19:43:
I had a bunch of those on DVD! Thanks, bargain bins… Looking back on them, they were so cheesy and the animation was always so bad; they gave us Mama Luigi.
For IKTR: Miria has most of my plans and Jonathan has even more JoJo plans.
TKWjl.gifNQqj5.gifkrdIo.giffEAmJ.gifz2Ph5.gif5Iuqm.gifwx29M.gifSZ9xU.gifHPofz.giftArkz.giftPWct.gifyAtvZ.gif
[quote name="buggy101" date="2018-12-02 11:19:43" ] Hey guys, does anyone else remember those Mario cartoons from the 80's and the 90's? Or is it just me? [/quote] i vaguely remember watching either the smb3 or smw one a long while ago, back before i knew like anything about mario. it was russian of course. i remember really disliking the koopalings there for whatever reason whats weirder is that russia had all these famiclones and people know the original smb very well, but not any of the other mario games on it, let alone super mario world! why was one of these chosen for showing istead of super show is a mystery but.
buggy101 wrote on 2018-12-02 11:19:43:
i vaguely remember watching either the smb3 or smw one a long while ago, back before i knew like anything about mario. it was russian of course.
i remember really disliking the koopalings there for whatever reason
whats weirder is that russia had all these famiclones and people know the original smb very well, but not any of the other mario games on it, let alone super mario world! why was one of these chosen for showing istead of super show is a mystery but.
|||||
tRvB8Xn.png
I'm currently playing bowser's inside story!
I also finished Partners in time after literally 10 years
it was too hard for me when I was 3 so I just watched my dad play it lmao
I'm currently playing bowser's inside story!
I also finished Partners in time after literally 10 years
it was too hard for me when I was 3 so I just watched my dad play it lmao
[quote name="@buggy101" date="2018-12-02 11:19:43" ] Hey guys, does anyone else remember those Mario cartoons from the 80's and the 90's? Or is it just me? [/quote] ayy I know about these because of memes but I also have some DVDs so The original is [b]The Super Mario Bros. Super Show[/b], which had some live action segments as well as the cartoon. Barely anyone remembers the live action because a) the live action segments are short and b) the cartoon was probably cooler to the kids watching the show Either way the actors of both Mario and Luigi (rip) became somewhat iconic since they're basically the only live action Mario representation we got (we don't talk about the movie) After this came [b]The Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3[/b] cartoon, which is all animation. There's an episode of this one with a scene where Luigi eats a pancake and floats to the ceiling - this moment has become a bit of a meme. This short is rather forgotten about, probably since it was the "middle child" of the three series. This one DID have the Koopalings. However, this series was made before the Koopalings' official names were revealed, so the cartoon makers just made up names. Which are terrible names. For example, Larry is Cheatsy, Ludwig is Kooky, and Wendy is Kootie Pie, just to name a few. Lastly is [b]Super Mario World[/b], infamous for the episode Mama Luigi. This might be the worst of the cartoons because Yoshi's voice can be grating at times, and also Yoshi can be a bit of a jerk. There's an episode where he joins some dinosaur gang just because he's spiteful of Peach telling him to do things. And fun fact - Yoshi's VA is the VA for Diddy Kong in the Donkey Kong Country cartoon. And if you haven't heard of the DKC cartoon, it may be for the best... Edit: Here's a pic of the Koopalings, as seen in TAoSMB3 [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/7/72/CartoonKoopalings.jpg/300px-CartoonKoopalings.jpg[/img] as compared to the real Koopalings [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/3/33/Koopalings_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_U.png/450px-Koopalings_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_U.png[/img]
@buggy101 wrote on 2018-12-02 11:19:43:

ayy I know about these because of memes but I also have some DVDs so

The original is The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, which had some live action segments as well as the cartoon. Barely anyone remembers the live action because
a) the live action segments are short
and b) the cartoon was probably cooler to the kids watching the show
Either way the actors of both Mario and Luigi (rip) became somewhat iconic since they're basically the only live action Mario representation we got (we don't talk about the movie)

After this came The Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon, which is all animation. There's an episode of this one with a scene where Luigi eats a pancake and floats to the ceiling - this moment has become a bit of a meme. This short is rather forgotten about, probably since it was the "middle child" of the three series. This one DID have the Koopalings. However, this series was made before the Koopalings' official names were revealed, so the cartoon makers just made up names. Which are terrible names. For example, Larry is Cheatsy, Ludwig is Kooky, and Wendy is Kootie Pie, just to name a few.

Lastly is Super Mario World, infamous for the episode Mama Luigi. This might be the worst of the cartoons because Yoshi's voice can be grating at times, and also Yoshi can be a bit of a jerk. There's an episode where he joins some dinosaur gang just because he's spiteful of Peach telling him to do things. And fun fact - Yoshi's VA is the VA for Diddy Kong in the Donkey Kong Country cartoon. And if you haven't heard of the DKC cartoon, it may be for the best...

Edit: Here's a pic of the Koopalings, as seen in TAoSMB3
300px-CartoonKoopalings.jpg

as compared to the real Koopalings
450px-Koopalings_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_U.png
16033.png
HydreigonOxide | she/her | +3 FR time
your local nintendo nerd
DragCave | CS
nVC75ra.png r62QJ3o.png 239xPNE.png vbDJliJ.png
20121.png
@PixelSpiral The Koopalings were not accurately portrayed in the cartoon. They were just awful, looking back.
@PixelSpiral The Koopalings were not accurately portrayed in the cartoon. They were just awful, looking back.
For IKTR: Miria has most of my plans and Jonathan has even more JoJo plans.
TKWjl.gifNQqj5.gifkrdIo.giffEAmJ.gifz2Ph5.gif5Iuqm.gifwx29M.gifSZ9xU.gifHPofz.giftArkz.giftPWct.gifyAtvZ.gif
@PrehistoryMaker yeah i know. i dont even know much of anything about them but cheatsy scares me [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/3/3d/Gopher_Bash.png[/img] how is that supposed to be the same character. how did they mess up so bad [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/4/48/LarryKoopa_SMB3.jpg/600px-LarryKoopa_SMB3.jpg[/img] why did cheatsys hair turn green in the smw one i also found this while looking for n image so thaats good [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/7/74/ToadallyAdventure4.jpg[/img]
@PrehistoryMaker yeah i know. i dont even know much of anything about them but cheatsy scares me
Gopher_Bash.png
how is that supposed to be the same character. how did they mess up so bad
600px-LarryKoopa_SMB3.jpg
why did cheatsys hair turn green in the smw one

i also found this while looking for n image so thaats good
ToadallyAdventure4.jpg
|||||
tRvB8Xn.png
@PixelSpiral
That first image shall haunt my dreams for eternity.
@PixelSpiral
That first image shall haunt my dreams for eternity.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33