Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Dose of Science [PINGLIST]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7tdzdls.png[/img] [size=7][color=#FE2E9A][font=stegoe print]The average human body contains enough: Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make 2,200 match heads, and enough Water to fill a 10 gallon tank. & since I forget yesterday.. The brain continues to send out electric wave signals approximately 37 hours after death.[/font][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#2F7CFE]@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02[/color][/size][/center]
7tdzdls.png

The average human body contains enough: Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make 2,200 match heads, and enough Water to fill a 10 gallon tank.

& since I forget yesterday..

The brain continues to send out electric wave signals approximately 37 hours after death.

@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02

CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
i'm a bit surprised by the fat statistics
i just looked up a bunch of cold process soap recipes and it seems like for full soap loafs (which i suppose can be cut to around 7 bars, it looks right lol) it takes about two pounds of oils (which of course would be the fats)
like, are really only two pounds of the average joe from fats? Which I'm assuming it's more than just body fats, but also like the oils the body makes and whatnot
Then again fats are pretty light weight

Very interesting this one got me thinking a lot
i'm a bit surprised by the fat statistics
i just looked up a bunch of cold process soap recipes and it seems like for full soap loafs (which i suppose can be cut to around 7 bars, it looks right lol) it takes about two pounds of oils (which of course would be the fats)
like, are really only two pounds of the average joe from fats? Which I'm assuming it's more than just body fats, but also like the oils the body makes and whatnot
Then again fats are pretty light weight

Very interesting this one got me thinking a lot
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7tdzdls.png[/img] [size=7][color=#FE2E9A][font=stegoe print]The distance to the planets is measured by bouncing radar signals off them and timing how long the signals take to get there and back.[/font][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#2F7CFE]@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02[/color][/size][/center]
7tdzdls.png

The distance to the planets is measured by bouncing radar signals off them and timing how long the signals take to get there and back.
@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02
c4a5xZL.png
May I please be added to the pinglist?

@ribbonz
May I please be added to the pinglist?

@ribbonz
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7tdzdls.png[/img] [size=7][color=#FE2E9A][font=stegoe print]Steam and liquid water molecules at 100 degrees have equal kinetic energies.[/font][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#2F7CFE]@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02 @Klawzor[/color][/size][/center]

c4a5xZL.png
@ribbonz This is so neat :0 Please add me to the pinglist!
@ribbonz This is so neat :0 Please add me to the pinglist!
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7tdzdls.png[/img] [size=7][color=#FE2E9A][font=stegoe print]The 11-year sunspot cycle is actually a part of a larger 22-year cycle in which the entire magnetic field of the sun may reverse itself![/font][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#2F7CFE]@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02 @Klawzor @NovaBlu[/color][/size][/center]
7tdzdls.png

The 11-year sunspot cycle is actually a part of a larger 22-year cycle in which the entire magnetic field of the sun may reverse itself!
@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02 @Klawzor @NovaBlu
c4a5xZL.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/7tdzdls.png[/img] [size=7][color=#FE2E9A][font=stegoe print]Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin. And... It takes between 400 and 500 years for a styrofoam cup to decompose. It takes an orange peel 6 months to decompose.[/font][/color][/size] [size=1][color=#2F7CFE]@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02 @Klawzor @NovaBlu[/color][/size][/center]
7tdzdls.png

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

And...

It takes between 400 and 500 years for a styrofoam cup to decompose. It takes an orange peel 6 months to decompose.

@Redeim @LizardKing @RosyWave @Capricat @Amura @Incand3scent @interestingword @Faasnu @FreeToFly @Pufferheart @Ichoras @MistressMagpie @ThatJapana @AetherSong @Steffon @Ellapinky @Bronzewing @WindChimes @Thearchduke @NovaLatte @TheSoapyDolphin @Sinver @Jheyda @AllasBarron @Nalora @SnoringHyena @HauntedGemstones @IcyWolfDragon @Raytini02 @Klawzor @NovaBlu

c4a5xZL.png
That’s so cool :0
That’s so cool :0
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png