Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Redwoods CYOA Discussion Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Sounds neat. May I sign up?
Sounds neat. May I sign up?
@cobaltstorm @Neryth Adding you both to the list!
@cobaltstorm @Neryth Adding you both to the list!
Seeker
To save space on the other thread, I’ve provided some basic information on the different animals presented in the first story post! If you feel like it, you can do some research on them, but the most important information is right here.

BIRD: Birds come in a wide variety of species - House Sparrow, Crow, Pigeon, House Finch, European Starling, Collared Dove, Hummingbird, and Stellar's Jay. Agile and capable of flight, these animals have various elemental powers. Most eat bugs and seeds, but the larger birds will eat whatever they can get their claws on, including small rodents, eggs, lizards and amphibians. As a special note, pigeons and doves specialize in light-based magic that has some healing abilities which are not present in the other birds.

BAT: There are three bats to choose from – the Big Brown, the Little Brown, and the Yuma. Bats are nocturnal, capable of flight, and can communicate in pitches too high for the average animal to hear. Their magic is sound-based and has a “persuasion” tint to it, making it easy to speak with animals in different languages and help others “see things your way”, so to speak. These animals solely eat insects.

RODENT: Mice, Rats, and Squirrels are your options here, and all three have different powers. Squirrels have spacial distortion abilities, allowing them to make something “bigger on the inside” or “smaller on the outside”. Mice are tuned in to plants in a passive way, allowing them to make poultices, potions and other mixes to do a variety of different things, whether to hex or to heal. Rats are the least magically inclined, but they are quite strong for their size and have a “danger” sense, letting them know when something is amiss or potentially a problem. All three eat plants, and occasionally insects.

LIZARD: On top of their speed and ability to climb anywhere they so please, lizards of both kinds (Northern Alligator and Western Fence) have illusion magic. This helps them blend into their environment or look like something much larger or even an entirely different species with enough practice. Lizards eat small invertebrates such as insects and slugs (and some occasionally eat smaller lizards).

AMPHIBIAN: Common Frogs, California Newts, Arboreal Salamanders, and California Slender Salamanders have similar abilities, and are the most magically potent of the options listed here. Each can create things constructed of a physical “essence” that can be animated with enough practice, even replacing muscle or imitating living beings (think like a rudimentary Green Lantern). All four eat insects and other invertebrates and are equipped with a prehensile tongue.
To save space on the other thread, I’ve provided some basic information on the different animals presented in the first story post! If you feel like it, you can do some research on them, but the most important information is right here.

BIRD: Birds come in a wide variety of species - House Sparrow, Crow, Pigeon, House Finch, European Starling, Collared Dove, Hummingbird, and Stellar's Jay. Agile and capable of flight, these animals have various elemental powers. Most eat bugs and seeds, but the larger birds will eat whatever they can get their claws on, including small rodents, eggs, lizards and amphibians. As a special note, pigeons and doves specialize in light-based magic that has some healing abilities which are not present in the other birds.

BAT: There are three bats to choose from – the Big Brown, the Little Brown, and the Yuma. Bats are nocturnal, capable of flight, and can communicate in pitches too high for the average animal to hear. Their magic is sound-based and has a “persuasion” tint to it, making it easy to speak with animals in different languages and help others “see things your way”, so to speak. These animals solely eat insects.

RODENT: Mice, Rats, and Squirrels are your options here, and all three have different powers. Squirrels have spacial distortion abilities, allowing them to make something “bigger on the inside” or “smaller on the outside”. Mice are tuned in to plants in a passive way, allowing them to make poultices, potions and other mixes to do a variety of different things, whether to hex or to heal. Rats are the least magically inclined, but they are quite strong for their size and have a “danger” sense, letting them know when something is amiss or potentially a problem. All three eat plants, and occasionally insects.

LIZARD: On top of their speed and ability to climb anywhere they so please, lizards of both kinds (Northern Alligator and Western Fence) have illusion magic. This helps them blend into their environment or look like something much larger or even an entirely different species with enough practice. Lizards eat small invertebrates such as insects and slugs (and some occasionally eat smaller lizards).

AMPHIBIAN: Common Frogs, California Newts, Arboreal Salamanders, and California Slender Salamanders have similar abilities, and are the most magically potent of the options listed here. Each can create things constructed of a physical “essence” that can be animated with enough practice, even replacing muscle or imitating living beings (think like a rudimentary Green Lantern). All four eat insects and other invertebrates and are equipped with a prehensile tongue.
Seeker
@Arcali, can I join?
@Arcali, can I join?
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
@Arcaii
This sounds like fun, could I join in?
@Arcaii
This sounds like fun, could I join in?
Character creation is the hardest part! So many choices sound interesting. I kinda want to hold off for a few and see what other votes come in before deciding on mine. About how long will it be before this choice is closed and the next part goes up?
Character creation is the hardest part! So many choices sound interesting. I kinda want to hold off for a few and see what other votes come in before deciding on mine. About how long will it be before this choice is closed and the next part goes up?
@LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix Adding you both to the list! Welcome aboard.

@Neryth Since it's the first choice and our participant list isn't full, we can afford to wait a few days at the most.
@LoversMasque @WhitePhoenix Adding you both to the list! Welcome aboard.

@Neryth Since it's the first choice and our participant list isn't full, we can afford to wait a few days at the most.
Seeker
@AngelOfMetal Adding you on!
@AngelOfMetal Adding you on!
Seeker
Alright, I'll try to hurry my indecisiveness on though. ^_^
Alright, I'll try to hurry my indecisiveness on though. ^_^
arcaii: [writes anything] me: [img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7btV5GAWaGkwjTrO/giphy.gif[/img]
arcaii: [writes anything]

me:
giphy.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12