Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leak
1 2 3 4 5
Decided to write this out since this is kinda important news. If any of you have been surfing the internet, you might have heard about, or come across this Chinese leak. Now, some of you are probably thinking, "The hell is this guy talking about?" That is understandable, so I'll give a quick overview of the article. Then I'll give my impressions on it. This is basically what the leak tells. - Sun and Moon’s starters will be based on an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Here's what they look like. [img]http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/pokemon-leak.jpg[/img] - There will be new Pokémon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman and a rugby monkey. - Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. - Marshadow, a name that has been trademarked alongside Solgaleo and Lunala, will have a “very unique typing.” - There will be a poison-fire type Pokemon. - There will be no Gyms in Sun and Moon, but instead it’s your job to set up a Gym in the Alola Region and once you do, the Elite Four will appear. - The bracelets on the protagonists’ wrists will apparently act like Mega Stones but unlock something else. Now, most leaks don't have much credibility, this one does. Firstly, the leak states that there will be a poison-fire type Pokemon. Well, if you didn't know already, we have one. Introducing Saladit. Here's a photo. [img]http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/july_7_assets/lizard.png[/img] (By the way, love the design!) Another thing this leak has is the idea of Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. Now, Rockruffs official description points to this being a fact. Here, read it. Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved. When you read it, it makes sense. Finally, those bracelets that act like mega evolution. Thanks to a new trailer, we found out that there will be massive elemental attack in battle that can be activated with this bracelet, after some charging most likely. Honestly, I think these ideas are very cool. Now, you problably want me to talk about my opinions on those final evolutions. Let's begin with the final starter evolutions, starting with Rowlett. I think this design is pretty cool. I like how they implemented the archer element with it's wings and hoodie strings (those green vines). All in all, this is a good look. Next up is Litten's. Ummmmm.... how should I this? Let's hope it's a dark-fire type? .......Next! Alright, now it is time other over hated seal, Popplio. I'm going to be honest with you guys. I think she is my favourite (calling her a she). Now, please don't hate. It's my honest opinion. I think she really hits it with the siren look. I find it kinda funny how Popplio could start off as goofy looking, and then turn into a majestic beauty. However, with these designs there is a problem. A while back, people found out about secret starter typings in the official Pokemon site. Litten showed a fire ground future, while Popplio showed a water fighting type future. Now I have a theory for this. Maybe, Sun and Moon will be the first generation to introduce two gender specific evolutions. These two could have a different final evolution depending on their gender. This would be a cool concept. And makes some sense. It would be strange to have a male Popplio turning into a female looking Pokemon. We don't need anymore of those. You can thank Gardevoir and Lopunny for that strangeness. It would also be strange to have a female Popplio turn into a manly muscle seal, or a freaky clown. Now, something you might have noticed is the dissaperence of the photos of these evolutions. When I google image search them, it gets harder and harder each day to find them. Is Nintendo trying to keep this a surprise? Maybe. Now, is it real, or fake? I don't know, but I'm leaning more on the real side. I think that's it. Now I want to here what you guys think. What are your thoughts on the predictions of this leak? What do you think of those evolutions? Who is your favourite? And do you think this is real, or fake? Let me know.
Decided to write this out since this is kinda important news. If any of you have been surfing the internet, you might have heard about, or come across this Chinese leak. Now, some of you are probably thinking, "The hell is this guy talking about?" That is understandable, so I'll give a quick overview of the article. Then I'll give my impressions on it.

This is basically what the leak tells.

- Sun and Moon’s starters will be based on an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Here's what they look like.

pokemon-leak.jpg

- There will be new Pokémon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman and a rugby monkey.

- Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf.

- Marshadow, a name that has been trademarked alongside Solgaleo and Lunala, will have a “very unique typing.”

- There will be a poison-fire type Pokemon.

- There will be no Gyms in Sun and Moon, but instead it’s your job to set up a Gym in the Alola Region and once you do, the Elite Four will appear.

- The bracelets on the protagonists’ wrists will apparently act like Mega Stones but unlock something else.

Now, most leaks don't have much credibility, this one does. Firstly, the leak states that there will be a poison-fire type Pokemon. Well, if you didn't know already, we have one. Introducing Saladit. Here's a photo.
lizard.png
(By the way, love the design!)

Another thing this leak has is the idea of Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. Now, Rockruffs official description points to this being a fact. Here, read it.

Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

When you read it, it makes sense.

Finally, those bracelets that act like mega evolution. Thanks to a new trailer, we found out that there will be massive elemental attack in battle that can be activated with this bracelet, after some charging most likely.

Honestly, I think these ideas are very cool. Now, you problably want me to talk about my opinions on those final evolutions. Let's begin with the final starter evolutions, starting with Rowlett.

I think this design is pretty cool. I like how they implemented the archer element with it's wings and hoodie strings (those green vines). All in all, this is a good look.

Next up is Litten's. Ummmmm.... how should I this? Let's hope it's a dark-fire type?
.......Next!

Alright, now it is time other over hated seal, Popplio. I'm going to be honest with you guys. I think she is my favourite (calling her a she). Now, please don't hate. It's my honest opinion.
I think she really hits it with the siren look. I find it kinda funny how Popplio could start off as goofy looking, and then turn into a majestic beauty.

However, with these designs there is a problem. A while back, people found out about secret starter typings in the official Pokemon site. Litten showed a fire ground future, while Popplio showed a water fighting type future. Now I have a theory for this. Maybe, Sun and Moon will be the first generation to introduce two gender specific evolutions. These two could have a different final evolution depending on their gender. This would be a cool concept. And makes some sense.

It would be strange to have a male Popplio turning into a female looking Pokemon. We don't need anymore of those. You can thank Gardevoir and Lopunny for that strangeness. It would also be strange to have a female Popplio turn into a manly muscle seal, or a freaky clown.

Now, something you might have noticed is the dissaperence of the photos of these evolutions. When I google image search them, it gets harder and harder each day to find them. Is Nintendo trying to keep this a surprise? Maybe.

Now, is it real, or fake? I don't know, but I'm leaning more on the real side.

I think that's it. Now I want to here what you guys think. What are your thoughts on the predictions of this leak? What do you think of those evolutions? Who is your favourite? And do you think this is real, or fake? Let me know.

@Nick462

Pretty sure your leak was debunked as fanart.
@Nick462

Pretty sure your leak was debunked as fanart.
TyYgOYZ.png
I hope this is fake tbh

LITTEN NO

it has a crotch-flame attack w h y
I hope this is fake tbh

LITTEN NO

it has a crotch-flame attack w h y
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
tbh i heavily hope thats just fanart for the starters / fake starters o A o
if i had to choose between one of those tho i'd go with rowlet..
T3TuubO.png
I think this is most likely fake. There's no reason for Popplio to go from a clown seal to a siren, and the Gym thing seems very odd for a main Pokemon game. Besides, anyone could guess the bracelet's purpose, and the Salandit thing could just be coincidence, as the leaker probably chose a unique typing to gain attention.

(i'm also PRAYING this is fake because WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE FIRE/FIGHTING STARTERS)
I think this is most likely fake. There's no reason for Popplio to go from a clown seal to a siren, and the Gym thing seems very odd for a main Pokemon game. Besides, anyone could guess the bracelet's purpose, and the Salandit thing could just be coincidence, as the leaker probably chose a unique typing to gain attention.

(i'm also PRAYING this is fake because WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE FIRE/FIGHTING STARTERS)
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
@wrecknrule

Some people think it could be legit though, since after the leak was posted that image of the starters was being taken down. No other final evo fanarts, just that one.
@wrecknrule

Some people think it could be legit though, since after the leak was posted that image of the starters was being taken down. No other final evo fanarts, just that one.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
If Popplio's evolution actually ends up a siren, I might actually choose Popplio LOL
If Popplio's evolution actually ends up a siren, I might actually choose Popplio LOL
qesQFkT.gif
[quote name="dragoncrystal" date=2016-07-15 14:05:31] tbh i heavily hope thats just fanart for the starters / fake starters o A o if i had to choose between one of those tho i'd go with rowlet.. [/quote]
dragoncrystal wrote on 2016-07-15:
To be honest, I really REALLY love Rowlet and Popplio's "evolutions" here.
But Litten... oh god Litten what did they do to you?
Please we don't want more bipedal fire/fighting starters p lease we had enough ;w;
So I'm kinda hoping it's fake just so that Litten's final ends up as something else. Kinda a shame when I like the two others so much ;w;
To be honest, I really REALLY love Rowlet and Popplio's "evolutions" here.
But Litten... oh god Litten what did they do to you?
Please we don't want more bipedal fire/fighting starters p lease we had enough ;w;
So I'm kinda hoping it's fake just so that Litten's final ends up as something else. Kinda a shame when I like the two others so much ;w;
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
this is so obviously fake nonsense I'm honestly surprised anyone would believe it was real
this is so obviously fake nonsense I'm honestly surprised anyone would believe it was real
copy my UN when pinging me cuz it's hard to spell
1 2 3 4 5