Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 570 571 572 573 574 ... 647 648
Hi! I just got here. But I want to share my story. Im a non-binary, aroace-spec lesbian. Coming to terms with my identity has been a hard fall into reality. I honestly dont cvare so much about my gender identity or my sexuality. But coming to terms about being aroace-spec has been a bumpy road for me. Aroace barely gets ever talked about. Love who you want! is so often the banner at pride parades. But for me love is so complicated. Im aroflux specifically for those who know a bit about the aro spec. My love, if i experience it, is never enough.

I dont want to make this anymore depressing. I just want to raise awareness about aroace, specifically it being a spectrum. its rarely talked about and it always feels like the worst part of the lgtb+. Because theres a lot of prejudice and hates against aroace spec as well, which comes from a place of not being educated about the topic.
Hi! I just got here. But I want to share my story. Im a non-binary, aroace-spec lesbian. Coming to terms with my identity has been a hard fall into reality. I honestly dont cvare so much about my gender identity or my sexuality. But coming to terms about being aroace-spec has been a bumpy road for me. Aroace barely gets ever talked about. Love who you want! is so often the banner at pride parades. But for me love is so complicated. Im aroflux specifically for those who know a bit about the aro spec. My love, if i experience it, is never enough.

I dont want to make this anymore depressing. I just want to raise awareness about aroace, specifically it being a spectrum. its rarely talked about and it always feels like the worst part of the lgtb+. Because theres a lot of prejudice and hates against aroace spec as well, which comes from a place of not being educated about the topic.
@Hoshiokami Welcome to the community here! Thank you for your open words. And don't worry, until now nobody was discriminate here because of their gender or orientation. The people here always seem to be nice and open-minded and i feel very safe here.

Sadly, i know about that ugly prejudice within the LGBT+ community and it makes me sad but i know that i'm not the only one and that gives me strength. I think it's always better to talk to each other than to fight against each other.
@Hoshiokami Welcome to the community here! Thank you for your open words. And don't worry, until now nobody was discriminate here because of their gender or orientation. The people here always seem to be nice and open-minded and i feel very safe here.

Sadly, i know about that ugly prejudice within the LGBT+ community and it makes me sad but i know that i'm not the only one and that gives me strength. I think it's always better to talk to each other than to fight against each other.
6YousWl.pngLCqISMP.pngfX0bVgZ.pngsh5xjiu.pngqOI0yVu.png

"The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

@QuetzalQueen I am trying out an environmental studies major/minor as well! I love animals and I have a little rascal of a Green Cheek Conure (and 2 boas + a leopard gecko + room piled with plants). I've been raised in a Muslim household (still live at home) and identify as bisexual too, so I understand the dissonance; and the confrontation with parents, the community and all. It's very difficult when people so close to you believe something's wrong with you or want you to change, and you know they just want what's best for you. It's such a complicated thing, and I think it's very reassuring to hear of others' related experiences [emoji=glasses size=1]
@QuetzalQueen
I am trying out an environmental studies major/minor as well! I love animals and I have a little rascal of a Green Cheek Conure (and 2 boas + a leopard gecko + room piled with plants).
I've been raised in a Muslim household (still live at home) and identify as bisexual too, so I understand the dissonance; and the confrontation with parents, the community and all. It's very difficult when people so close to you believe something's wrong with you or want you to change, and you know they just want what's best for you.
It's such a complicated thing, and I think it's very reassuring to hear of others' related experiences

She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png
BT1N47G.pngLRdLP2V.pngmlHpBMC.png

OpalTitanium
Iconic reaction to me coming out as aro [url=https://ibb.co/MnnJmjB][img]https://i.ibb.co/b11Gkyb/Screenshot-20221129-160858-3.png[/img][/url] For context, I recently figured I was aro (not ace) and came out to many people who I already knew would be accepting
Iconic reaction to me coming out as aro
Screenshot-20221129-160858-3.png

For context, I recently figured I was aro (not ace) and came out to many people who I already knew would be accepting
?5rQx0=party.png?5rQLw=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQpW=party.png?5rQY0=party.png
[quote name="Hoshiokami" date="2023-01-10 13:06:47" ] Hi! I just got here. But I want to share my story. Im a non-binary, aroace-spec lesbian. Coming to terms with my identity has been a hard fall into reality. I honestly dont cvare so much about my gender identity or my sexuality. But coming to terms about being aroace-spec has been a bumpy road for me. Aroace barely gets ever talked about. Love who you want! is so often the banner at pride parades. But for me love is so complicated. Im aroflux specifically for those who know a bit about the aro spec. My love, if i experience it, is never enough. I dont want to make this anymore depressing. I just want to raise awareness about aroace, specifically it being a spectrum. its rarely talked about and it always feels like the worst part of the lgtb+. Because theres a lot of prejudice and hates against aroace spec as well, which comes from a place of not being educated about the topic. [/quote] welcome!! and felt - as a fellow aroace [strictly aroace for me :p lots of tertiary attractions though] i feel for that so much. while my non-aroace parts were really what i've struggled with here, it did take me a bit to achieve this level of confidence in my aspec identity. the aphobia in the queer community itself, even if in some rare cases accidental, is seldom talked about enough. it's honestly hilarious how similar homophobic and aphobic rhetoric is - "i can fix you", "you haven't found the right one", "it isn't natural" etc [same goes for anti-polyamorous bs i've found] i have a love for spreading awareness and general positivity about queer identities, though, and just learning about them myself, too - so whenever i have an opportunity to speak on something, i tend to. to any fellow aro, ace, of generally aspec or allon't folks, just know you're loved - and that that doesn't need to be reciprocated in any way >;p /p /lh
Hoshiokami wrote on 2023-01-10 13:06:47:

welcome!! and felt - as a fellow aroace [strictly aroace for me :p lots of tertiary attractions though] i feel for that so much. while my non-aroace parts were really what i've struggled with here, it did take me a bit to achieve this level of confidence in my aspec identity. the aphobia in the queer community itself, even if in some rare cases accidental, is seldom talked about enough. it's honestly hilarious how similar homophobic and aphobic rhetoric is - "i can fix you", "you haven't found the right one", "it isn't natural" etc [same goes for anti-polyamorous bs i've found]

i have a love for spreading awareness and general positivity about queer identities, though, and just learning about them myself, too - so whenever i have an opportunity to speak on something, i tend to. to any fellow aro, ace, of generally aspec or allon't folks, just know you're loved - and that that doesn't need to be reciprocated in any way >;p /p /lh
Haunted Stone Orb Magic Nymph

fiz/arlo/callisto
ask for pronouns!
fr+2
Pink Chalcedony Enchanted Remains
heyo everyone ever! remember your valid even if people try to bring you down about it, hold yourself up, you got this! (just a general positive message for anyone who needs it)
heyo everyone ever! remember your valid even if people try to bring you down about it, hold yourself up, you got this! (just a general positive message for anyone who needs it)
| they/them pronouns |
2YQ3Xfu.png
[quote name="404UserNotFound" date="2023-01-11 03:35:30" ] Iconic reaction to me coming out as aro [url=https://ibb.co/MnnJmjB][img]https://i.ibb.co/b11Gkyb/Screenshot-20221129-160858-3.png[/img][/url] For context, I recently figured I was aro (not ace) and came out to many people who I already knew would be accepting [/quote] New feature: Chuck your local aro friend into the air and watch us fly [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
404UserNotFound wrote on 2023-01-11 03:35:30:

For context, I recently figured I was aro (not ace) and came out to many people who I already knew would be accepting

New feature: Chuck your local aro friend into the air and watch us fly
HkhtXgT.png
uaNc4Ph.png
1DPzYFq.png
YMPbu9R.png
__ __ iuEBSJ3.png
2tEkl13.png
ZxAR91S.png
FS1a8Lg.png
[quote name="Pesky" date="2023-01-11 09:08:15" ] [quote name="404UserNotFound" date="2023-01-11 03:35:30" ] Iconic reaction to me coming out as aro [url=https://ibb.co/MnnJmjB][img]https://i.ibb.co/b11Gkyb/Screenshot-20221129-160858-3.png[/img][/url] For context, I recently figured I was aro (not ace) and came out to many people who I already knew would be accepting [/quote] New feature: Chuck your local aro friend into the air and watch us fly [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [/quote] New career in aviation unlocked for all recently out aromantics
Pesky wrote on 2023-01-11 09:08:15:

New career in aviation unlocked for all recently out aromantics
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2 | Earth symbol Lightning symbol
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips

__________________________________Gif of a boston terrier chewing gum
[quote name="Lumenwood" date="2023-01-11 11:48:02" ] [quote name="Pesky" date="2023-01-11 09:08:15" ] [quote name="404UserNotFound" date="2023-01-11 03:35:30" ] Iconic reaction to me coming out as aro [url=https://ibb.co/MnnJmjB][img]https://i.ibb.co/b11Gkyb/Screenshot-20221129-160858-3.png[/img][/url] For context, I recently figured I was aro (not ace) and came out to many people who I already knew would be accepting [/quote] New feature: Chuck your local aro friend into the air and watch us fly [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [/quote] New career in aviation unlocked for all recently out aromantics [/quote] new patch just dropped, aros now have a power buff when flying
Lumenwood wrote on 2023-01-11 11:48:02:
Pesky wrote on 2023-01-11 09:08:15:

New career in aviation unlocked for all recently out aromantics

new patch just dropped, aros now have a power buff when flying
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Heyya!! I've read some of the posts on here and you all seem so nice and friendly. I have no idea where to start by posting here, so I'll just say hi for now!
Heyya!! I've read some of the posts on here and you all seem so nice and friendly. I have no idea where to start by posting here, so I'll just say hi for now!

BczZn60.png
1 2 ... 570 571 572 573 574 ... 647 648