Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 569 570 571 572 573 ... 647 648
Everyone, I gotta share something. But little backstory first because that is relevant: I work work at a company that hires primarily disabled people or people who otherwise can't work on the regular job market (I have a stress disorder). That company belongs to a large welfare organsiation. Like many large welfare organisations, it's a religious one. Roman-catholic, to be exact. The organisation however do make a point of being accepting of people of other religions or none. Today, one of the higher-ups came in and made an announcement, and wanted the full attention of everyone for it. Either a rule change or something christmas-y, I thought. But no, she said said that everyone is tolerated at the organisation, that love is love and that they stand against discrimination. And then they gave out gummy bears and small pride flags to everyone who wanted. [img]https://i.imgur.com/I3xvm86.jpg[/img] (the gummy bear package says "Life is colourful") Pretty cool. And unexpected! Never would've believed that to happen. Really made my day. And also my workspace is now decorated with that little pride flag.
Everyone, I gotta share something.

But little backstory first because that is relevant:
I work work at a company that hires primarily disabled people or people who otherwise can't work on the regular job market (I have a stress disorder). That company belongs to a large welfare organsiation.
Like many large welfare organisations, it's a religious one. Roman-catholic, to be exact. The organisation however do make a point of being accepting of people of other religions or none.

Today, one of the higher-ups came in and made an announcement, and wanted the full attention of everyone for it. Either a rule change or something christmas-y, I thought.
But no, she said said that everyone is tolerated at the organisation, that love is love and that they stand against discrimination.

And then they gave out gummy bears and small pride flags to everyone who wanted.
I3xvm86.jpg
(the gummy bear package says "Life is colourful")

Pretty cool. And unexpected! Never would've believed that to happen. Really made my day.
And also my workspace is now decorated with that little pride flag.
@Xionahri Thats awesome!
@Xionahri Thats awesome!
fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

_ CTuU1r6.pnglAR8cRt.pngA3L5B4e.pngDgEWpcs.png
8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
@Xionahri
That's a really nice suprise! It's the little things that make a day a good one <3
@Xionahri
That's a really nice suprise! It's the little things that make a day a good one <3
6YousWl.pngLCqISMP.pngfX0bVgZ.pngsh5xjiu.pngqOI0yVu.png

"The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Uh hello there. I noticed that this thread has not been active for some time but whatever.

I've recently "confirmed" my gender fluidity but I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure out my sexual orientation (bisexual, omnisexual??). I am very, very unlikely to admit these thoughts to my family though since they're very conservative and religious. I can imagine them looking at me weirdly and thinking that there's something wrong with me or that I've been "influenced by the media", which is not true of course.
Uh hello there. I noticed that this thread has not been active for some time but whatever.

I've recently "confirmed" my gender fluidity but I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure out my sexual orientation (bisexual, omnisexual??). I am very, very unlikely to admit these thoughts to my family though since they're very conservative and religious. I can imagine them looking at me weirdly and thinking that there's something wrong with me or that I've been "influenced by the media", which is not true of course.
DPrCB0j.gifnature_rune_50x50.pngK4ObXFJ.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kxC8Rm1r2ao8y_540.pngicon_prev_ui_4_15_1_40x40_1_30x30.png
FR +16 // She/He/They // Trying to write better
Hello people! My name is Mars and I’m a gay trans boy who’s happily taken and has been for over a year. :)

I would love to make some friends on this site who are LGBTQ+ like I am!
Hello people! My name is Mars and I’m a gay trans boy who’s happily taken and has been for over a year. :)

I would love to make some friends on this site who are LGBTQ+ like I am!
@Kwikydam Hello and welcome here :3 I can understand you. It is really not easy to stand against the prejudice of religous and conservative people and it's even harder when it's you family. And with this it feels more difficult to find out the own orientation. There is often this fear in the background: What will happen when they find it out? What if, when they hate me now? Yes, insecureties can drive someone crazy sometimes. All i can say that there's nothing wrong with you. When you need someone to talk feel free to talk your heart out here. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] @ALT3RB0Y Hello and welcome here~ :3
@Kwikydam Hello and welcome here :3
I can understand you. It is really not easy to stand against the prejudice of religous and conservative people and it's even harder when it's you family. And with this it feels more difficult to find out the own orientation. There is often this fear in the background: What will happen when they find it out? What if, when they hate me now? Yes, insecureties can drive someone crazy sometimes.

All i can say that there's nothing wrong with you. When you need someone to talk feel free to talk your heart out here.

@ALT3RB0Y Hello and welcome here~ :3

"The way I see it, life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

@Enmu Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome. :)
@Enmu Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome. :)
Kia ora! I'm Quetzal, and I am 21 year old bisexual student doing environmental studies. I love nature, dragons (of course) robots, birds, and sci-fi. My hobbies are rock climbing, swimming, bird-watching, reading, and writing.
At the moment I am struggling to reconcile my spiritual identity with my bisexuality, it is really tough. People in spiritual communities often think LGBT+ people are unnatural, and it is hard seeing those comments from people like me
Kia ora! I'm Quetzal, and I am 21 year old bisexual student doing environmental studies. I love nature, dragons (of course) robots, birds, and sci-fi. My hobbies are rock climbing, swimming, bird-watching, reading, and writing.
At the moment I am struggling to reconcile my spiritual identity with my bisexuality, it is really tough. People in spiritual communities often think LGBT+ people are unnatural, and it is hard seeing those comments from people like me
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
@QuetzalQueen

The only ones that are unnatural are the ones saying that LGBT+ is unnatural. You are great the way you are. Please don´t let people tell you that there is something "wrong" with you!

Edit: Just realized your signature says to ping you. Sorry for missing that before!
@QuetzalQueen

The only ones that are unnatural are the ones saying that LGBT+ is unnatural. You are great the way you are. Please don´t let people tell you that there is something "wrong" with you!

Edit: Just realized your signature says to ping you. Sorry for missing that before!
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
@ALT3RB0Y You're very welcome. :)

@QuetzalQueen Hello and and welcome to the community. :)

@ValerionWolf Very well said. I couldn't agree more. *thumbs up*
@ALT3RB0Y You're very welcome. :)

@QuetzalQueen Hello and and welcome to the community. :)

@ValerionWolf Very well said. I couldn't agree more. *thumbs up*

1 2 ... 569 570 571 572 573 ... 647 648