Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 439 440 441 442 443 ... 648 649
I'll admit, I'm not familiar with tertiary attractions.
I'll admit, I'm not familiar with tertiary attractions.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
there's something really euphoric about wearing a cute dress and have people refer to me as sie or xey anyway
there's something really euphoric about wearing a cute dress and have people refer to me as sie or xey anyway
PCyLkux.png
BZ6Kt6M.pngsopvTVM.pngPJ4wrf6.png
H0t7Ypl.pngbkLzuAR.pngAZgHtlu.png
wAfJ7Bn.png0XHtpWy.pngbYt72YT.png
qjxrAwx.pngoNrZjs5.pngmlHpBMC.png
butterflygeneeggrose.png Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
Hey, sorta want a second opinion here.

My sister (younger than 12) recently came out to me as a demigirl, and I'm not really sure how to respond. On the one hand, I absolutely know kids can know they're enby/trans from a young age and I totally respect what pronouns she wants me to use. However, she's also really young and I know I experimented with different labels/ideas before I knew what I was, and I sorta said that "Hey, thanks for telling me, but you are really young so maybe experiment more before fixating on one idea". It was late at night though so maybe autism kicked in and my response was blunter than that.

She has made impulsive decisions before (wanting to change her name to match my new name and then deciding not to the day after) and she has been very stressed with school, covid and friends recently, if either of those things make a difference. She also told me she has been considering this for a little while, but didn't give me an exact time frame.

I hope I didn't upset her with my response and I just want to be a good sibling :(
Later today I'll probably have the chance to sit down and fully chat with her. I don't really know how to react to this all, so I sorta want to know what you all think about this whole situation

(Please ping me if responding)
Hey, sorta want a second opinion here.

My sister (younger than 12) recently came out to me as a demigirl, and I'm not really sure how to respond. On the one hand, I absolutely know kids can know they're enby/trans from a young age and I totally respect what pronouns she wants me to use. However, she's also really young and I know I experimented with different labels/ideas before I knew what I was, and I sorta said that "Hey, thanks for telling me, but you are really young so maybe experiment more before fixating on one idea". It was late at night though so maybe autism kicked in and my response was blunter than that.

She has made impulsive decisions before (wanting to change her name to match my new name and then deciding not to the day after) and she has been very stressed with school, covid and friends recently, if either of those things make a difference. She also told me she has been considering this for a little while, but didn't give me an exact time frame.

I hope I didn't upset her with my response and I just want to be a good sibling :(
Later today I'll probably have the chance to sit down and fully chat with her. I don't really know how to react to this all, so I sorta want to know what you all think about this whole situation

(Please ping me if responding)
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
@LemonySnaket Heya! She is a bit young but also, this is the age when kids start experimenting with their identity. She may change her mind, and that's okay! I think you may want to make it clearer that you really value that she wants to share that with you and that your respect her identity. But you can also reassure her that it didn't have to be a permanent label and she isn't lying or making things up if she later changes her mind. I used to really like anime and now I'm neutral to it; that doesn't mean i lied about liking it, it just means time passed and I changed. Chances are het label WILL change and she's lucky to have a sibling who is totally supportive of that, you just need to let her know that's your position. You sound like a great big sibling, and I wish you and your sister luck and happiness! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] a fellow autistic
@LemonySnaket

Heya! She is a bit young but also, this is the age when kids start experimenting with their identity. She may change her mind, and that's okay! I think you may want to make it clearer that you really value that she wants to share that with you and that your respect her identity.

But you can also reassure her that it didn't have to be a permanent label and she isn't lying or making things up if she later changes her mind. I used to really like anime and now I'm neutral to it; that doesn't mean i lied about liking it, it just means time passed and I changed.

Chances are het label WILL change and she's lucky to have a sibling who is totally supportive of that, you just need to let her know that's your position. You sound like a great big sibling, and I wish you and your sister luck and happiness!

a fellow autistic
100_zeff_moff.pngboo.png OlZhFQA.png
am I really aspec or have I really just not found the right person yet? and do I truly want it or have I just been conditioned by society to think I do because it's "the ultimate proof of social success"? starting a medication that's supposed to dampen that particular drive isn't going to make things any clearer
am I really aspec or have I really just not found the right person yet? and do I truly want it or have I just been conditioned by society to think I do because it's "the ultimate proof of social success"? starting a medication that's supposed to dampen that particular drive isn't going to make things any clearer
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I saw a cute GSA club poster at my school today ^^
it made me happy to see plus the art was STUNNING!
I saw a cute GSA club poster at my school today ^^
it made me happy to see plus the art was STUNNING!
XDSmGUy.gif daily reminder: smile!

=3} decent artist + coder
i just realized how i haven't gone through a "am i really omni" phase with the label omniromantic yet !! i think i might've found my orientation lets go
i just realized how i haven't gone through a "am i really omni" phase with the label omniromantic yet !! i think i might've found my orientation lets go
Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
[quote name="ArsonistFurry" date="2021-11-10 19:36:29" ] i just realized how i haven't gone through a "am i really omni" phase with the label omniromantic yet !! i think i might've found my orientation lets go [/quote] [emoji=firework size=1]hooray!
ArsonistFurry wrote on 2021-11-10 19:36:29:

hooray!
XDSmGUy.gif daily reminder: smile!

=3} decent artist + coder
@LemonySnaket I have a younger sibling (About 11 1/2) and over the last 6 months or so they've been figuring out their gender (Right now they're identifying as genderfluid) and from what I've heard it's pretty normal for kids that age to start experimenting with gender. They have told me how happy they/them pronouns make them and how they've felt a lot better about themself after come out to their friends. I myself didn't start questioning my gender until I was 14, but I know people who currently identify as trans/nonbinary who discovered their identity that young. I know what I've been doing with my sibling is being as accepting as possible and also being open to changes. (They went from demi-girl, to pangender, to straight up nonbinary, to genderfluid.) I myself don't have autism, so I can't speak for your experiences on that side, I can only share what I've done. Good luck though!
@LemonySnaket I have a younger sibling (About 11 1/2) and over the last 6 months or so they've been figuring out their gender (Right now they're identifying as genderfluid) and from what I've heard it's pretty normal for kids that age to start experimenting with gender. They have told me how happy they/them pronouns make them and how they've felt a lot better about themself after come out to their friends. I myself didn't start questioning my gender until I was 14, but I know people who currently identify as trans/nonbinary who discovered their identity that young. I know what I've been doing with my sibling is being as accepting as possible and also being open to changes. (They went from demi-girl, to pangender, to straight up nonbinary, to genderfluid.) I myself don't have autism, so I can't speak for your experiences on that side, I can only share what I've done. Good luck though!
Y9I69cz.png
North
> They/He
> Aroace
> Trans

> Avatar Dragon
> Wishlist
> Lore
> Permababies + G1s

Untitled220_20210607122747.png
Is my orientation just because I’m afraid or depressed or is it real
Is my orientation just because I’m afraid or depressed or is it real