Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | School Stories
1 2 3 4 5
@BadLuck
Well, I'm not in school anymore, but I do have some memories.

A kid named Bobby got his index finger stuck in a hole in my teacher's desk and the Fire Department had to come extract it.

A kid named Corey used to stab our teacher's cactus with a pencil when she left the room. His feelings on the subject of her class were pretty apparent.

The aforementioned Corey once shot a rubber band into the florescent light above him and somehow shattered it. We all told our teacher it must have been faulty wiring.

My English teachers were cursed. The first retired after hurling a metal trash can at the wall in a fit of rage. The second was fired for sleeping with students. The third was fired for fighting with students.

I got an inhouse suspension for "skipping class" when I accidentally went to the wrong class. It was a rotating class, so it had all the same people in it besides me, and I didn't realize it was the wrong class until the next day.

My friend Tim and I were passing notes, and my teacher caught us. He demanded I give him the note, so I sat on it and refused. After some threats that he would send me to the principal's office, I eventually managed to get him to promise he wouldn't read it, so I gave it to him. He put the note in his desk drawer. Tim then walked up when my teacher's focus was elsewhere and stole the note back. At the end of class I asked for my note, knowing it wouldn't be there, and then accused my teacher of breaking his promise when he couldn't find it.

At my freshman pep rally, the whole auditorium was completely full. I was squashed between two friends, Jake and Kim. The vice principal was in the middle of a speech, and apparently forgot what he was going to say. The utter silence lasted long enough for Jake to pull out his phone and play his Cricket Noises ringtone.

Yadda yadda yadda
@BadLuck
Well, I'm not in school anymore, but I do have some memories.

A kid named Bobby got his index finger stuck in a hole in my teacher's desk and the Fire Department had to come extract it.

A kid named Corey used to stab our teacher's cactus with a pencil when she left the room. His feelings on the subject of her class were pretty apparent.

The aforementioned Corey once shot a rubber band into the florescent light above him and somehow shattered it. We all told our teacher it must have been faulty wiring.

My English teachers were cursed. The first retired after hurling a metal trash can at the wall in a fit of rage. The second was fired for sleeping with students. The third was fired for fighting with students.

I got an inhouse suspension for "skipping class" when I accidentally went to the wrong class. It was a rotating class, so it had all the same people in it besides me, and I didn't realize it was the wrong class until the next day.

My friend Tim and I were passing notes, and my teacher caught us. He demanded I give him the note, so I sat on it and refused. After some threats that he would send me to the principal's office, I eventually managed to get him to promise he wouldn't read it, so I gave it to him. He put the note in his desk drawer. Tim then walked up when my teacher's focus was elsewhere and stole the note back. At the end of class I asked for my note, knowing it wouldn't be there, and then accused my teacher of breaking his promise when he couldn't find it.

At my freshman pep rally, the whole auditorium was completely full. I was squashed between two friends, Jake and Kim. The vice principal was in the middle of a speech, and apparently forgot what he was going to say. The utter silence lasted long enough for Jake to pull out his phone and play his Cricket Noises ringtone.

Yadda yadda yadda
ywH3Spj.png
@BadLuck

On my old school (I switched to another school in 2014), around 2010, there was a new building with new classrooms being built. My friends and I, during lunch time, always visited the construction site to throw rocks at random places and distract the workers (for some reason). And one day one of the workers told us to pull a lever not too far away from our main building, and we did as he told.
When the 4th period started, everyone was complaining to the principal that there was no water in the bathrooms and the drinking fountains. We just saw the worker that told us to close the lever walk through the door and point at us. IT WAS ALL A PLAN.
Well, My friends and I got suspended for 4 days on that week and we had to make an assignment about the importance of work in the modern society or some crap.
@BadLuck

On my old school (I switched to another school in 2014), around 2010, there was a new building with new classrooms being built. My friends and I, during lunch time, always visited the construction site to throw rocks at random places and distract the workers (for some reason). And one day one of the workers told us to pull a lever not too far away from our main building, and we did as he told.
When the 4th period started, everyone was complaining to the principal that there was no water in the bathrooms and the drinking fountains. We just saw the worker that told us to close the lever walk through the door and point at us. IT WAS ALL A PLAN.
Well, My friends and I got suspended for 4 days on that week and we had to make an assignment about the importance of work in the modern society or some crap.
bal | she/her | lesbian | apply directly to forehead | FR+6 (brazil)
-i love goats!
-graevyard on neopets, myxini on gaia online, vy on recolor.me
-used to be Robothika, now saving up to not be Raezyr anymore

@BadLuck
I've had plenty of crazy stories about teachers, but hopefully this one will put a smile on your face.

I was in Grade 9 math - a subject I'm still horrible at, mind you - and the teacher I had wasn't exactly helpful to those struggling in the class. As I learned from my sister (who went to the same high school twelve years ago) and several of my friends, whenever anyone would ask for help, he'd ask them if they understood the very thing they just said they were struggling with, and then basically told them to figure it out for themselves at home. In addition to that, he spent the entirety of the class talking about the lesson, without giving us some time at the end to actually practice and understand what we were doing. While this may have worked for some people, for others it did not, and half of the class was left confused after each lesson. It was also a morning class, which made things worse on my end, because I barely understood what he was saying.

One day, I wait outside my class for the typical schedule - math teacher comes, unlocks the door, we all flood inside. But the longer we stood there, the sooner we realized classes had already started. It took ten minutes before another math teacher unlocked the door and told us ours was late. In total, we waited at least twenty minutes until our math teacher finally came, looking very disgruntled, and everyone naturally had to ask why he came so late. At long last, he told us the story.

Apparently that morning, he was dropping garbage bags off in the dumpster, but accidentally dropped his keys in there as well. As a result, he spent half an hour trying to fish them out of the dumpster. Though nobody saw it for themselves, the image was priceless, and I'm pretty sure he spent the rest of the day using half of his bottle of hand moisturizer. Karma? Maybe. Still one of my favourite stories to tell, though.

Some other crazy stories about teachers that I remember include:
- A Chemistry teacher whose car engine caught on fire and came to class a week later with half a singed moustache (He was completely okay if you were concerned, he just had a burn on his arm and that was it)
- A Grade 12 Biology teacher who treated her classes like Grade 8s (think a sweet, sickly voice) and showed them videos such as "The Fresh Fetus of Bel Air," and a One Direction song altered so that they were singing about lungs
- A teacher with Naruto posters in his classroom
- P.E. teachers who forced their students into a pool with a broken boiler
@BadLuck
I've had plenty of crazy stories about teachers, but hopefully this one will put a smile on your face.

I was in Grade 9 math - a subject I'm still horrible at, mind you - and the teacher I had wasn't exactly helpful to those struggling in the class. As I learned from my sister (who went to the same high school twelve years ago) and several of my friends, whenever anyone would ask for help, he'd ask them if they understood the very thing they just said they were struggling with, and then basically told them to figure it out for themselves at home. In addition to that, he spent the entirety of the class talking about the lesson, without giving us some time at the end to actually practice and understand what we were doing. While this may have worked for some people, for others it did not, and half of the class was left confused after each lesson. It was also a morning class, which made things worse on my end, because I barely understood what he was saying.

One day, I wait outside my class for the typical schedule - math teacher comes, unlocks the door, we all flood inside. But the longer we stood there, the sooner we realized classes had already started. It took ten minutes before another math teacher unlocked the door and told us ours was late. In total, we waited at least twenty minutes until our math teacher finally came, looking very disgruntled, and everyone naturally had to ask why he came so late. At long last, he told us the story.

Apparently that morning, he was dropping garbage bags off in the dumpster, but accidentally dropped his keys in there as well. As a result, he spent half an hour trying to fish them out of the dumpster. Though nobody saw it for themselves, the image was priceless, and I'm pretty sure he spent the rest of the day using half of his bottle of hand moisturizer. Karma? Maybe. Still one of my favourite stories to tell, though.

Some other crazy stories about teachers that I remember include:
- A Chemistry teacher whose car engine caught on fire and came to class a week later with half a singed moustache (He was completely okay if you were concerned, he just had a burn on his arm and that was it)
- A Grade 12 Biology teacher who treated her classes like Grade 8s (think a sweet, sickly voice) and showed them videos such as "The Fresh Fetus of Bel Air," and a One Direction song altered so that they were singing about lungs
- A teacher with Naruto posters in his classroom
- P.E. teachers who forced their students into a pool with a broken boiler
kitra-by-darkrune.giftumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.giftumblr_inline_n6kduuBoHW1qlye38.giftumblr_o4kanruC121ujz7f3o7_250.gif
@BadLuck

Sometime ago when my English class was still on the unit involving reading a Holocaust narrative, we watched a movie about the death march. That was also the day that we had a substitute teacher. He paid absolutely NO attention to us whatsoever, he just played Pokemon Platinum on his DS. Since he was doing that, two girls began to throw M&M's across the room to other people. An orange (or was it yellow?) M&M was tossed at me. During that time, one of the girls accidentally popped a bag. The substitute did not bother to look up. A minute or two later, they broke a plastic spoon. He still doesn't look, as he's far too occupied with his Pokemon game to make sure we were behaving.

A week or two ago before standardized testing week, some boys came into the Latin room during lunch, and began chatting. Their conversation got very political, and eventually, the teacher asks how he could justify Donald Trump, and she also called Trump a "racist pig". Well, during their little arguement, a boy sitting near me began to record the arguement on his phone. The teacher notices, and he gets taken up to the front office for that. He didn't care if he got suspended. After a few minutes, they return to the room, and the atmosphere was tense. The recording was deleted off of the boy's phone and he had an e-mail sent to his parents about his actions.

@BadLuck

Sometime ago when my English class was still on the unit involving reading a Holocaust narrative, we watched a movie about the death march. That was also the day that we had a substitute teacher. He paid absolutely NO attention to us whatsoever, he just played Pokemon Platinum on his DS. Since he was doing that, two girls began to throw M&M's across the room to other people. An orange (or was it yellow?) M&M was tossed at me. During that time, one of the girls accidentally popped a bag. The substitute did not bother to look up. A minute or two later, they broke a plastic spoon. He still doesn't look, as he's far too occupied with his Pokemon game to make sure we were behaving.

A week or two ago before standardized testing week, some boys came into the Latin room during lunch, and began chatting. Their conversation got very political, and eventually, the teacher asks how he could justify Donald Trump, and she also called Trump a "racist pig". Well, during their little arguement, a boy sitting near me began to record the arguement on his phone. The teacher notices, and he gets taken up to the front office for that. He didn't care if he got suspended. After a few minutes, they return to the room, and the atmosphere was tense. The recording was deleted off of the boy's phone and he had an e-mail sent to his parents about his actions.

uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
i beat some guy up in 5th grade and some yrs later i almost broke my ribs falling down the stairs i think it was karma
i beat some guy up in 5th grade and some yrs later i almost broke my ribs falling down the stairs i think it was karma
ezgif-3-fc4418207f0e.gif
@BadLuck

Oh god, can I write down everything during my middle school years? XD

My art teacher (oh man) Mrs. Sampson literally went crazy. She was always an odd one, paranoid about the government watching us and warning her students not to drink the school water because the government put chemicals in it to control us. I was in her homeroom class and she confessed some stuff to us that an adult shouldn't tell an 11 year old kid, I was so traumatized lol she told us we were the only ones she could trust.

Mrs. Sampson didn't last very long. One day something must have set her off and she screamed at the principal about deceit and how he's plotting against her and stormed out of the school and took her 9 year old kid from his class and never came back.

It's so sad. Not exactly a funny story but if one of your teachers aren't doing a very good job teaching, just imagine how Mrs. Sampson taught @-@

Another middle school teacher that was interesting was the science teacher Mr. Mills. One day there was a fire in the bathroom and he saw it and put it out. Well the fire department was already called and when they got there they yelled at him because it was their job to put out fires, not him.

It was such a weird town. XD

high school didn't get any better, there's this chemistry teacher named Mr. Artt and hes so old lol he's so far gone that he didnt teach us anything the whole year and told us the same story over and over again. He had seriously shaky hands, and he loved this Lazer pointer and shined it everywhere. When he was pointing to things on this huge periodic table no one in the class could figure out what he was showing us cuz his hand spazzed out to the point where he was barely getting the board.

His fire experiments tho omg I feared for my life. He had two burners on max sitting on the edge of the table, and he was wondering around everywhere shaking. The experiment was showing how the flames turn different colors in different chemicals, but when Mr. Artt tried to put chemicals on the flame his hands kept shaking until he just basically flung the substances everywhere but the flame. Lol at one point he tipped over a jar of something or another to show us that it was so compact that it's all stuck to the bottom. Only problem was because he was stabbing at it with a spoon, it had loosened up and when he tilted the container it went everywhere.
@BadLuck

Oh god, can I write down everything during my middle school years? XD

My art teacher (oh man) Mrs. Sampson literally went crazy. She was always an odd one, paranoid about the government watching us and warning her students not to drink the school water because the government put chemicals in it to control us. I was in her homeroom class and she confessed some stuff to us that an adult shouldn't tell an 11 year old kid, I was so traumatized lol she told us we were the only ones she could trust.

Mrs. Sampson didn't last very long. One day something must have set her off and she screamed at the principal about deceit and how he's plotting against her and stormed out of the school and took her 9 year old kid from his class and never came back.

It's so sad. Not exactly a funny story but if one of your teachers aren't doing a very good job teaching, just imagine how Mrs. Sampson taught @-@

Another middle school teacher that was interesting was the science teacher Mr. Mills. One day there was a fire in the bathroom and he saw it and put it out. Well the fire department was already called and when they got there they yelled at him because it was their job to put out fires, not him.

It was such a weird town. XD

high school didn't get any better, there's this chemistry teacher named Mr. Artt and hes so old lol he's so far gone that he didnt teach us anything the whole year and told us the same story over and over again. He had seriously shaky hands, and he loved this Lazer pointer and shined it everywhere. When he was pointing to things on this huge periodic table no one in the class could figure out what he was showing us cuz his hand spazzed out to the point where he was barely getting the board.

His fire experiments tho omg I feared for my life. He had two burners on max sitting on the edge of the table, and he was wondering around everywhere shaking. The experiment was showing how the flames turn different colors in different chemicals, but when Mr. Artt tried to put chemicals on the flame his hands kept shaking until he just basically flung the substances everywhere but the flame. Lol at one point he tipped over a jar of something or another to show us that it was so compact that it's all stuck to the bottom. Only problem was because he was stabbing at it with a spoon, it had loosened up and when he tilted the container it went everywhere.
In my 9th grade year, my algebra teacher went on maternity leave close to the end of the semester. So in her stead, we were given a long-term substitute who taught our class while she was gone. I usually never go to the bathroom during class and hadn't gone at all so far that year, so I'm not really familiar with the teacher's bathroom policy since she never explained it to us before leaving.

I'm sitting in class one day and suddenly feel horribly nauseous right out of nowhere. I start to panic because I don't want to throw up in front of everyone like I've done plenty of times before, so after notes I ask the sub if I can go to the bathroom because I don't feel well. But we apparently needed a punch card to leave the room... which was issued on the first day of school - a day I was absent on due to registration issues - and I hadn't known about because it was never mentioned at any point when our normal teacher was still there; it wasn't even in the class syllabus. So despite me being visibly distressed (my eyes are watering at this point and my breathing is funny, from trying not to dry heave), she refuses to let me go and instead tries to help me with a math problem I didn't ask her about. She did eventually cave in and let me go when she realized I wasn't listening + explained that I hadn't known about the class's bathroom policy sooner, and of course, I threw up immediately after getting there. She would have rather had me embarrass myself and make a huge mess than to let me leave the room for a minute... And the bathroom was right outside the classroom, so I wouldn't have even been gone long.
In my 9th grade year, my algebra teacher went on maternity leave close to the end of the semester. So in her stead, we were given a long-term substitute who taught our class while she was gone. I usually never go to the bathroom during class and hadn't gone at all so far that year, so I'm not really familiar with the teacher's bathroom policy since she never explained it to us before leaving.

I'm sitting in class one day and suddenly feel horribly nauseous right out of nowhere. I start to panic because I don't want to throw up in front of everyone like I've done plenty of times before, so after notes I ask the sub if I can go to the bathroom because I don't feel well. But we apparently needed a punch card to leave the room... which was issued on the first day of school - a day I was absent on due to registration issues - and I hadn't known about because it was never mentioned at any point when our normal teacher was still there; it wasn't even in the class syllabus. So despite me being visibly distressed (my eyes are watering at this point and my breathing is funny, from trying not to dry heave), she refuses to let me go and instead tries to help me with a math problem I didn't ask her about. She did eventually cave in and let me go when she realized I wasn't listening + explained that I hadn't known about the class's bathroom policy sooner, and of course, I threw up immediately after getting there. She would have rather had me embarrass myself and make a huge mess than to let me leave the room for a minute... And the bathroom was right outside the classroom, so I wouldn't have even been gone long.
r5CjlMV.gif
+ 0 FR Time
@BadLuck

I have one girl in two of my classes, we'll call her flowers since she's always wearing this darn perfume of hers.
Don't get me wrong she's okay??? I think she honestly just has never been told no in her life. Well Flowers, among making mildly racist comments all class, decided it was a fantastic idea to pull out this coconut hand scrub or something I think it was lotion, and it was offensively strong. There was one problem though.

The teacher and I are both allergic to perfume.

There's a sign by the door that says explicitly no perfume/scented products and the teacher went off at her, but she just sat there and laughed it off and talked back because she didn't believe either of us was allergic. She eventually stormed off because we were "being ridiculous" and didn't come back for the rest of the hour and a half class, meanwhile we had to fumigate the room because the teacher was having issues and I had to leave because I was starting to get sick and couldn't breathe.
People are fantastic
@BadLuck

I have one girl in two of my classes, we'll call her flowers since she's always wearing this darn perfume of hers.
Don't get me wrong she's okay??? I think she honestly just has never been told no in her life. Well Flowers, among making mildly racist comments all class, decided it was a fantastic idea to pull out this coconut hand scrub or something I think it was lotion, and it was offensively strong. There was one problem though.

The teacher and I are both allergic to perfume.

There's a sign by the door that says explicitly no perfume/scented products and the teacher went off at her, but she just sat there and laughed it off and talked back because she didn't believe either of us was allergic. She eventually stormed off because we were "being ridiculous" and didn't come back for the rest of the hour and a half class, meanwhile we had to fumigate the room because the teacher was having issues and I had to leave because I was starting to get sick and couldn't breathe.
People are fantastic
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”
― Carl R. Rogers
6wR17En.png
In eighth grade we had a rubberband war across the entire class in revolutionary America style combat. Our teachers organized us into battle lines and we marched towards each other and fired knocking down a hundred students on the other side. Weird times. Fun though.
In eighth grade we had a rubberband war across the entire class in revolutionary America style combat. Our teachers organized us into battle lines and we marched towards each other and fired knocking down a hundred students on the other side. Weird times. Fun though.
tumblr_o7k72eLaZx1sksqjzo1_500.jpg
@BadLuck
oh man lemme tell you about 6th grade
So we were learning about how heat changes matter, and for this experiment our teacher used a Hershey's bar. Since we didn't have any lab tables in the classroom, we all gathered around on the floor. My teacher put the chocolate in a beaker that was on one of those portable burners, and went out side the room to speak to another teacher. Well, we all waited patiently , and somehow my genius of a science teacher knocked over the beaker with HOT BUBBLING CHOCOLATE on the floor, and the rug caught on fire. Needless to say that burnmark still stands today, and every time I visit the school, I pay homage to the chocolate burn.

9th grade gym class someone miraculously got a volleyball stuck in the beams on the ceiling (that's a high ceiling too jeez)

This year I was at lunch, and the floors were just polished. After me and my friends, let's call them C and A, got our lunches, A just normally walks to the table. C decides to race me back and we both start speedwalking from opposite sides of the cafeteria. I was going pretty fast, until I slipped and fell. Right by a table full of Seniors and Juniors. I successfully saved my lunch, only 5 fries spilled out of the basket. I triumphantly raised the basket above my head and the whole Teacher's table rose up and started clapping. One tried to recruit me for sports. My friends just kept laughing. The fact that C's initial reaction was "haHA I WIN" made me question my choice in friends
@BadLuck
oh man lemme tell you about 6th grade
So we were learning about how heat changes matter, and for this experiment our teacher used a Hershey's bar. Since we didn't have any lab tables in the classroom, we all gathered around on the floor. My teacher put the chocolate in a beaker that was on one of those portable burners, and went out side the room to speak to another teacher. Well, we all waited patiently , and somehow my genius of a science teacher knocked over the beaker with HOT BUBBLING CHOCOLATE on the floor, and the rug caught on fire. Needless to say that burnmark still stands today, and every time I visit the school, I pay homage to the chocolate burn.

9th grade gym class someone miraculously got a volleyball stuck in the beams on the ceiling (that's a high ceiling too jeez)

This year I was at lunch, and the floors were just polished. After me and my friends, let's call them C and A, got our lunches, A just normally walks to the table. C decides to race me back and we both start speedwalking from opposite sides of the cafeteria. I was going pretty fast, until I slipped and fell. Right by a table full of Seniors and Juniors. I successfully saved my lunch, only 5 fries spilled out of the basket. I triumphantly raised the basket above my head and the whole Teacher's table rose up and started clapping. One tried to recruit me for sports. My friends just kept laughing. The fact that C's initial reaction was "haHA I WIN" made me question my choice in friends
Vyrus | Perpetually hungry | PM's/Friend Requests open
1 2 3 4 5