Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lamenting Discontinued Products
1 2 3 4
@Novel They still sell Sandisks on the BestBuy website! I have 2, and I love them, and I'm never getting rid of them!!!

I miss all the old consoles. It is EXTREMELY hard to keep my original Sega working, let alone finding the right parts if one fails. ;-; ALSO; I miss being able to just plug in a game console, and going straight to a game. Now you have to put down your full life information before you can get to an update. AN UPDATE! Which also takes forever.

I also miss the old HotTopic. ;~; I miss all the friggin' cool clothes they used to have, and all the Tripp pants, and the cute skirts, and selling anime soundtracks, and Cure magazines...I could go on forever.

Also also, there were this Lays chips...they only made them for 2 summers, and they tasted like a waaaay better version of BBQ. They were amazing...
@Novel They still sell Sandisks on the BestBuy website! I have 2, and I love them, and I'm never getting rid of them!!!

I miss all the old consoles. It is EXTREMELY hard to keep my original Sega working, let alone finding the right parts if one fails. ;-; ALSO; I miss being able to just plug in a game console, and going straight to a game. Now you have to put down your full life information before you can get to an update. AN UPDATE! Which also takes forever.

I also miss the old HotTopic. ;~; I miss all the friggin' cool clothes they used to have, and all the Tripp pants, and the cute skirts, and selling anime soundtracks, and Cure magazines...I could go on forever.

Also also, there were this Lays chips...they only made them for 2 summers, and they tasted like a waaaay better version of BBQ. They were amazing...
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@Amura Oh, I did buy one from Best Buy a few years ago and it went real poorly in the customer service department. koff.

(yay fellow old school console lover~)
@Amura Oh, I did buy one from Best Buy a few years ago and it went real poorly in the customer service department. koff.

(yay fellow old school console lover~)
Poisonous green Apple Ketchup. I miss that stuff.

Also Frufoo. That has been my highlight when going shoping with mom. That nice sweet junket... Other products never had this nice taste.
Poisonous green Apple Ketchup. I miss that stuff.

Also Frufoo. That has been my highlight when going shoping with mom. That nice sweet junket... Other products never had this nice taste.
Pepsi Raw. That stuff was my life for the short period you could get it.
Pepsi Raw. That stuff was my life for the short period you could get it.
LKzi7uW.png
I really loved that coffee yoghurt drink they used to make at a local company.
I really loved that coffee yoghurt drink they used to make at a local company.
ZPPY.png
Megablocks dragon eggs, I firgging loved those! but as far as I know they're not ebing sold anymore, oh and the K'nex alive series, oh man those were so awesome! the old MLP toys, idk I am really not overly fond of the G4 ones they're pretty crappy .w. the old toys were way better
Megablocks dragon eggs, I firgging loved those! but as far as I know they're not ebing sold anymore, oh and the K'nex alive series, oh man those were so awesome! the old MLP toys, idk I am really not overly fond of the G4 ones they're pretty crappy .w. the old toys were way better
DVcXRyP.png
REESE'S BITES

THEY WERE THE MOST HEAVENLY MIXTURE OF CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER IN SUPREME SPHERICAL FORM

I'D GO TO BLOCKBUSTER EVERYDAY TO PICK UP A BAG OF THOSE LITTLE PERFECT THINGS

AND THEN THEY DISAPPEARED AND MY HEART WAS BROKEN
REESE'S BITES

THEY WERE THE MOST HEAVENLY MIXTURE OF CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER IN SUPREME SPHERICAL FORM

I'D GO TO BLOCKBUSTER EVERYDAY TO PICK UP A BAG OF THOSE LITTLE PERFECT THINGS

AND THEN THEY DISAPPEARED AND MY HEART WAS BROKEN
tumblr_nsbv5dnHtl1s9h74lo1_500.png
BAKED COOL RANCH DORITOS!

Those were soooo good! I loved them. They pretty much got rid of all the baked chips save for a few.

Also I haven't had Clearly Canadian but I would like to try it. People rave about it and are trying to bring it back.
BAKED COOL RANCH DORITOS!

Those were soooo good! I loved them. They pretty much got rid of all the baked chips save for a few.

Also I haven't had Clearly Canadian but I would like to try it. People rave about it and are trying to bring it back.
LUZk8tY.png
Oh man...

SNES games were my childhood, I'm so sad that my only method of finding them anymore is going to old video game stores (which there aren't many of even in a big city) or Ebay. I loved renting SNES games from Albertsons, Blockbuster, and Hollywood Videos! I discovered several games that way. I was on Singapore Airlines about 15 years ago, and they had several SNES games as in-flight entertainment. Super Mario World and Super Bonk kept me occupied all 10 hours of the flight.

Oh, oh. Physical, full-colored manuals for video games. Digital is just... ugh. There's something satisfying about popping a game in and playing without having to wait for the internet to work, or having to enter all your info, or finding the game on your system (looking at you, Nintendo Wii), while having the manual open right beside you, carefully paging through it to see what I need to know...

VHS cassette tapes. Yes, DVDs have a clearer picture, but there's something satisfying about being able to rewind and watch the same few minutes over and over again. Plus being able to skip all the previews without the player complaining "YOU CANNOT SKIP".

MP3 players! I had a 20 GB one. I put music on it and would take it everywhere. Nowadays I use it as a spare harddrive.

Oh man...

SNES games were my childhood, I'm so sad that my only method of finding them anymore is going to old video game stores (which there aren't many of even in a big city) or Ebay. I loved renting SNES games from Albertsons, Blockbuster, and Hollywood Videos! I discovered several games that way. I was on Singapore Airlines about 15 years ago, and they had several SNES games as in-flight entertainment. Super Mario World and Super Bonk kept me occupied all 10 hours of the flight.

Oh, oh. Physical, full-colored manuals for video games. Digital is just... ugh. There's something satisfying about popping a game in and playing without having to wait for the internet to work, or having to enter all your info, or finding the game on your system (looking at you, Nintendo Wii), while having the manual open right beside you, carefully paging through it to see what I need to know...

VHS cassette tapes. Yes, DVDs have a clearer picture, but there's something satisfying about being able to rewind and watch the same few minutes over and over again. Plus being able to skip all the previews without the player complaining "YOU CANNOT SKIP".

MP3 players! I had a 20 GB one. I put music on it and would take it everywhere. Nowadays I use it as a spare harddrive.

Mars Delights, and games consoles that don't require you to spend an hour updating them before you can play anything.
Mars Delights, and games consoles that don't require you to spend an hour updating them before you can play anything.
Calenmiriel_Umbra.png
GMT | FR + 8
1 2 3 4