Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How do u deal with emotional issues?
1 2 3 4
I'm having some emotional issues right now and I just want a hug from the Star Trek characters but they don't exist.......

Do I write about it? Do I draw vent art? What do you guys do?

I really wish I could hug Khan or Spock right now.
I'm having some emotional issues right now and I just want a hug from the Star Trek characters but they don't exist.......

Do I write about it? Do I draw vent art? What do you guys do?

I really wish I could hug Khan or Spock right now.
@DrValentina

I have three personal approaches for when I'm having emotional issues.

My main one is ignore it and pretend it never happened (which is pretty unhealthy cause I've now got problems from doing this)

Second approach is listening to loud music (by picking a random Pandora station) and reading or writing.

Third approach is me screaming into a pillow, muttering angry words to myself about what upset me and then having to pretend that nothing happened when confronted later on.

I rarely vent about things because of how I was raised, I learned early on that no one was gonna care or listen to me, so I basically learned to keep things bottled up. Bad habits are very hard to unlearn. So, my advice is to vent or something that's a healthy way of letting your emotions out.
@DrValentina

I have three personal approaches for when I'm having emotional issues.

My main one is ignore it and pretend it never happened (which is pretty unhealthy cause I've now got problems from doing this)

Second approach is listening to loud music (by picking a random Pandora station) and reading or writing.

Third approach is me screaming into a pillow, muttering angry words to myself about what upset me and then having to pretend that nothing happened when confronted later on.

I rarely vent about things because of how I was raised, I learned early on that no one was gonna care or listen to me, so I basically learned to keep things bottled up. Bad habits are very hard to unlearn. So, my advice is to vent or something that's a healthy way of letting your emotions out.
@DrValentina Since I have emotional mental health issues, I think some of these techniques might help you:

Drawing and writing helps, yes, but communication is also key to help. Sometimes, talking to someone about a common interest, like Star Trek, really helps keep the mind off emotional distress. Exercise, if you can do it, also really helps. It pumps oxygen into your brain, and also brings a lot of hormones necessary for healthy emotional balance into the system.

Also, my favorite: TEA! There's a lot of different teas you can drink, not all have caffeine either, and a lot of them do a lot of positive effects in your body, plus hot tea simulates human touch from its warmth, so you get the feeling of being hugged, too.

I really hope these help.
@DrValentina Since I have emotional mental health issues, I think some of these techniques might help you:

Drawing and writing helps, yes, but communication is also key to help. Sometimes, talking to someone about a common interest, like Star Trek, really helps keep the mind off emotional distress. Exercise, if you can do it, also really helps. It pumps oxygen into your brain, and also brings a lot of hormones necessary for healthy emotional balance into the system.

Also, my favorite: TEA! There's a lot of different teas you can drink, not all have caffeine either, and a lot of them do a lot of positive effects in your body, plus hot tea simulates human touch from its warmth, so you get the feeling of being hugged, too.

I really hope these help.
@DrValentina
I usually take a nap, sometimes you can come to a decision more easily through the processes your brain does while you're asleep if that's what's troubling you, but I've found the best solution is what @HiddenByFaeries said: Listen to loud sounds. It doesn't necessarily have to be music, you can listen to Rainymood if you like, but having sound input to drown out your own thoughts can be really calming.
Nature documentaries like Blue Planet are quite relaxing as well, if you don't find them too boring.
@DrValentina
I usually take a nap, sometimes you can come to a decision more easily through the processes your brain does while you're asleep if that's what's troubling you, but I've found the best solution is what @HiddenByFaeries said: Listen to loud sounds. It doesn't necessarily have to be music, you can listen to Rainymood if you like, but having sound input to drown out your own thoughts can be really calming.
Nature documentaries like Blue Planet are quite relaxing as well, if you don't find them too boring.
tXKbExw.png
@HiddenByFaeries
Quote:

I was raised that way too. But I usually write and keep it to myself.
@runicentropy
@Chexmix

all of this really helped, thank you guys so so much!! <3
@HiddenByFaeries
Quote:

I was raised that way too. But I usually write and keep it to myself.
@runicentropy
@Chexmix

all of this really helped, thank you guys so so much!! <3
@DrValentina

I usually ignore it - which HiddenByFaeries said - isn't healthy. I highly don't recommend ignoring it.
Though I do play games, or listen to music.
They both help me a lot.
@DrValentina

I usually ignore it - which HiddenByFaeries said - isn't healthy. I highly don't recommend ignoring it.
Though I do play games, or listen to music.
They both help me a lot.
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
@Ravage

Thank you very much! :)
@Ravage

Thank you very much! :)
I usually numb the pain. I go on youtube and search faces of death.
I usually numb the pain. I go on youtube and search faces of death.
@DrValentina
I used to turn to drawing (usually funny things) when I was upset. Or writing. If I wanted to get a hug from the Star Trek cast, then I'd probably write a small silly story that ended up in a group hug or something ^^

As far as how I deal with emotional issues~ I see a psychologist, and have a referral to a psychiatrist as there may be a need for medication. When I feel like I am about to lose control, I try to immerse myself in things that I love. Good Music, a funny video, or researching a topic that has interested me. Something to keep my mind at bay. I light incense for an olfactory distraction, so I try to overwhelm the senses with good vibes to help change the state of mind.

My psychologist recommends breathing exercises as well (which don't work too well for me) and also meditation, which I had been doing long before I went to a psychologist. So it was nice to know I was doing something that was recommended by a medical professional, lol.

Additionally, if things are really tough for me but I'm not in a bad state of mind, I will try to make it out to see my horse. She's the best medicine <3 when she isn't being a brat. Regrettably this isn't an option most times as usually these moods strike me later at night.

I hope you feel better soon <3
@DrValentina
I used to turn to drawing (usually funny things) when I was upset. Or writing. If I wanted to get a hug from the Star Trek cast, then I'd probably write a small silly story that ended up in a group hug or something ^^

As far as how I deal with emotional issues~ I see a psychologist, and have a referral to a psychiatrist as there may be a need for medication. When I feel like I am about to lose control, I try to immerse myself in things that I love. Good Music, a funny video, or researching a topic that has interested me. Something to keep my mind at bay. I light incense for an olfactory distraction, so I try to overwhelm the senses with good vibes to help change the state of mind.

My psychologist recommends breathing exercises as well (which don't work too well for me) and also meditation, which I had been doing long before I went to a psychologist. So it was nice to know I was doing something that was recommended by a medical professional, lol.

Additionally, if things are really tough for me but I'm not in a bad state of mind, I will try to make it out to see my horse. She's the best medicine <3 when she isn't being a brat. Regrettably this isn't an option most times as usually these moods strike me later at night.

I hope you feel better soon <3
1kz7OWt.png
@DrValentina

It doesn't help that I have a very stoic face. So then, even when I was upset no one could ever tell from my facial expressions or body language.

Luckily, I've been unlearning these bad habits of mine. Writing or even just laying in bed with music playing, can help a lot.
@DrValentina

It doesn't help that I have a very stoic face. So then, even when I was upset no one could ever tell from my facial expressions or body language.

Luckily, I've been unlearning these bad habits of mine. Writing or even just laying in bed with music playing, can help a lot.
1 2 3 4