Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | who's all caught up on GOT
1 2 3 4
I told myself I wouldn't, but then I watched them all back to back. . .to be fair, I'm still going to catch them on HBO Go when they air and hopefully other people will do the same so it doesn't look like ratings have just suddenly tanked.

@Maika
I can't decide how I feel about that either! the masochistic part of me did kind of enjoy what happens to Loras in the books and I'm sad it won't be included in the show. they missed a really good opportunity for angst. also I feel like show-Westeros is 1000x more homophobic than book-Westeros, which bothers me because I'd rather just have characters who are LGBT without being persecuted for it.
I told myself I wouldn't, but then I watched them all back to back. . .to be fair, I'm still going to catch them on HBO Go when they air and hopefully other people will do the same so it doesn't look like ratings have just suddenly tanked.

@Maika
I can't decide how I feel about that either! the masochistic part of me did kind of enjoy what happens to Loras in the books and I'm sad it won't be included in the show. they missed a really good opportunity for angst. also I feel like show-Westeros is 1000x more homophobic than book-Westeros, which bothers me because I'd rather just have characters who are LGBT without being persecuted for it.
icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png
@HexOmega Practically the whole of show!Loras's storyline is a missed opportunity for angst considering how depressed he is over Renly's death. I feel like in the books being gay is just sort of frowned upon and Not A Done Thing whereas in the show the homophobia is obviously a lot more violent. It literally made me feel sick watching them kill the guy in the brothel, I had to give myself a while to calm down before I could keep watching, persecution of LGBT people just hits a little too close to home for me I think.
@HexOmega Practically the whole of show!Loras's storyline is a missed opportunity for angst considering how depressed he is over Renly's death. I feel like in the books being gay is just sort of frowned upon and Not A Done Thing whereas in the show the homophobia is obviously a lot more violent. It literally made me feel sick watching them kill the guy in the brothel, I had to give myself a while to calm down before I could keep watching, persecution of LGBT people just hits a little too close to home for me I think.
they/them
@Maika
seriously!! "once the sun has set, no candle can replace it," etc.
I got the impression in the books that it was just something that didn't come up in polite conversation even though everyone was aware of it (aside from Sansa, of course). which isn't awesome, but is a lot better than being referred to as an abomination and unnatural.
@Maika
seriously!! "once the sun has set, no candle can replace it," etc.
I got the impression in the books that it was just something that didn't come up in polite conversation even though everyone was aware of it (aside from Sansa, of course). which isn't awesome, but is a lot better than being referred to as an abomination and unnatural.
icesymbolsmall_zps52a54407.png
I saw all four episodes. Need more. I might re watch everything from season 1 just out of sheer desperation
I saw all four episodes. Need more. I might re watch everything from season 1 just out of sheer desperation

tumblr_inline_njuc4qhic61qmu9vp.png
@passingavery
My friend totally spoiled everything that's going to happen to me. He's such a butt ugh it made me so mad. So I kinda agree about the stories being off between the book and the TV show. I mean, what happens on TV and in movies is almost always different from the book in some major ways

But at the same time it makes me sort of maddddd?

Sand Snakes are the BEST oh my gosh I wish things were focused more on them and Daenerys and all the amazing female characters ugh GOT has the best female leads I swear

@HexOmega I agree. Oberyn was my favorite character and look what they did to him. Too much LGBTQ bad things happening ugh ugh ughhh. x_x
@passingavery
My friend totally spoiled everything that's going to happen to me. He's such a butt ugh it made me so mad. So I kinda agree about the stories being off between the book and the TV show. I mean, what happens on TV and in movies is almost always different from the book in some major ways

But at the same time it makes me sort of maddddd?

Sand Snakes are the BEST oh my gosh I wish things were focused more on them and Daenerys and all the amazing female characters ugh GOT has the best female leads I swear

@HexOmega I agree. Oberyn was my favorite character and look what they did to him. Too much LGBTQ bad things happening ugh ugh ughhh. x_x
*Has Spoilers*

@viciousdisease

Well, if everyone lived happily in Dorne, there wouldn't be so much of that, since Dorne is living proof that religion and fluid sexuality can exist side by side.

I wish more of the Sand Snakes would show up? Tyene isn't even supposed to be Ellaria's daughter. She's supposed to be the one that looks pure since her mother was an anonymous Septa. I wanted to see Elia, since Oberyn was composing poetry to her last season.

Arya though. I love that hot Faceless Man is back.

I was pretty mad when I spotted some major differences. Like the S x R thing. I was like "oh I guess the fake Arya plot became the real Sansa plot", but it still stung. She's walking into the arms of someone technically crueler than Joffrey. She may appear to be a little more streetwise now, but that doesn't really change anything.
*Has Spoilers*

@viciousdisease

Well, if everyone lived happily in Dorne, there wouldn't be so much of that, since Dorne is living proof that religion and fluid sexuality can exist side by side.

I wish more of the Sand Snakes would show up? Tyene isn't even supposed to be Ellaria's daughter. She's supposed to be the one that looks pure since her mother was an anonymous Septa. I wanted to see Elia, since Oberyn was composing poetry to her last season.

Arya though. I love that hot Faceless Man is back.

I was pretty mad when I spotted some major differences. Like the S x R thing. I was like "oh I guess the fake Arya plot became the real Sansa plot", but it still stung. She's walking into the arms of someone technically crueler than Joffrey. She may appear to be a little more streetwise now, but that doesn't really change anything.
[quote name="Minoxidil" date=2015-04-14 16:55:36] i told myself i wouldn't watch the leaked episodes i lied. [/quote] This is me too...D: @passingavery It kind of annoyed me too. They add in/pull together threads of the story they shouldn't...but I guess that's what they mean by an 'adaptation'...and by that I mean they're freestyling it :c When Oberyn was first introduced I was so happy they played him well in the series and people received him well. I reallllyyyy hope the Sand Snakes get the same attention since I've been looking forward to them as much as I looked forward to Oberyn.
Minoxidil wrote on 2015-04-14:
i told myself i wouldn't watch the leaked episodes

i lied.

This is me too...D:

@passingavery

It kind of annoyed me too. They add in/pull together threads of the story they shouldn't...but I guess that's what they mean by an 'adaptation'...and by that I mean they're freestyling it :c When Oberyn was first introduced I was so happy they played him well in the series and people received him well. I reallllyyyy hope the Sand Snakes get the same attention since I've been looking forward to them as much as I looked forward to Oberyn.
OjayHBU.png
*Has Spoilers*

@Dantei

In some cases, it is fairly understandable. Sansa's plot has caught up with the book, sort of. Arya hasn't, so all is fairly good with her. Bran is so caught up with the book that he's not even going to be here this season. They can't keep him out for that long though, so either GRRM publishes or they have to come up with something for Bran too.

I kind of want the Arianne plot to occur, though. But it seems to be tunneling down the Obara route. I do want Dorne to try and attempt a "Myrcella is the rightful heir" scenario and the tragic consequences of that. But now there's Jaime and Bronn. Well. All would go right for me if Brienne accidentally found herself sailing to Dorne too just because I ship J x B so hard. I'm also terrified of the prospect of her messing with both Littlefinger and the Boltons.

The weather for most of the locations is pretty drab, so yes, more Sand Snakes because Spain and beautiful weather!
*Has Spoilers*

@Dantei

In some cases, it is fairly understandable. Sansa's plot has caught up with the book, sort of. Arya hasn't, so all is fairly good with her. Bran is so caught up with the book that he's not even going to be here this season. They can't keep him out for that long though, so either GRRM publishes or they have to come up with something for Bran too.

I kind of want the Arianne plot to occur, though. But it seems to be tunneling down the Obara route. I do want Dorne to try and attempt a "Myrcella is the rightful heir" scenario and the tragic consequences of that. But now there's Jaime and Bronn. Well. All would go right for me if Brienne accidentally found herself sailing to Dorne too just because I ship J x B so hard. I'm also terrified of the prospect of her messing with both Littlefinger and the Boltons.

The weather for most of the locations is pretty drab, so yes, more Sand Snakes because Spain and beautiful weather!
@passingavery
Oh Sansa.

@viciousdisease
Orphan Black also has great female leads. Might want to check that out if you haven't heard of it. Just a heads up.

Pings aside, I'm not used to not knowing what will happen in GoT. Still missing the Dothraki. Still missing all my fave chars who died. Oh well.
@passingavery
Oh Sansa.

@viciousdisease
Orphan Black also has great female leads. Might want to check that out if you haven't heard of it. Just a heads up.

Pings aside, I'm not used to not knowing what will happen in GoT. Still missing the Dothraki. Still missing all my fave chars who died. Oh well.
UCwsx8y.gif
@russmond Since they're changing things up, maybe those slated to die will not die now?

Then again, after that S5E4 ending... maybe it'll just get worse.
@russmond Since they're changing things up, maybe those slated to die will not die now?

Then again, after that S5E4 ending... maybe it'll just get worse.
1 2 3 4