General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | League of Legends?
1 2 3 4
Just wondering if anyone else plays!
I'm level 30 on NA. Been around since season 2!

How do you like the new summoner's rift? or the new jungle?
Just wondering if anyone else plays!
I'm level 30 on NA. Been around since season 2!

How do you like the new summoner's rift? or the new jungle?
xWoPUjI.png
Fellow NA player. Also been around since season 2. (Well, I technically joined during the end of season 1, but wasn't there long enough to count.)
I like the new map. I've found a few pathing issues with it, but the old map had MORE pathing issues, so I can't complain. I'm still adjusting to the new jungle. It's made me wary of trying my less 'safe' junglers, until I'm more used to the changes, so I'll admit I've just been playing a LOT of Jax and Fiddlesticks in the jungle.
Fellow NA player. Also been around since season 2. (Well, I technically joined during the end of season 1, but wasn't there long enough to count.)
I like the new map. I've found a few pathing issues with it, but the old map had MORE pathing issues, so I can't complain. I'm still adjusting to the new jungle. It's made me wary of trying my less 'safe' junglers, until I'm more used to the changes, so I'll admit I've just been playing a LOT of Jax and Fiddlesticks in the jungle.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pretty old player, but I usually play League off and on. I think the new jungle is pretty nice; I like the new textures and the more cartoon feel from it... I do like the new jungle mobs, though. The animations for Baron and Drake are amazing, as well! League has come very far since I first started playing, and it's awesome that they're updating a lot of the old champion art, as well.
Pretty old player, but I usually play League off and on. I think the new jungle is pretty nice; I like the new textures and the more cartoon feel from it... I do like the new jungle mobs, though. The animations for Baron and Drake are amazing, as well! League has come very far since I first started playing, and it's awesome that they're updating a lot of the old champion art, as well.
@DigDog

I actually began playing in June and I am almost to level 30 x)

The new summoners rift is beautiful! However, more often than not I get graphics bugs, like the particles turning blue which can be rather annoying. Still it's alot of fun and I hope to make it into ranked soon x)
@DigDog

I actually began playing in June and I am almost to level 30 x)

The new summoners rift is beautiful! However, more often than not I get graphics bugs, like the particles turning blue which can be rather annoying. Still it's alot of fun and I hope to make it into ranked soon x)
tumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gif naturebanner2.pngtumblr_inline_n748cxxBuC1r6gsnp.gif
Yooo, just played several games. I'm NA--though have Nordic account too--and been playing since early season 4, so I'm still a noob, ha ha.

My thoughts on the new jungle... well, to be honest I didn't pay attention to stat changes because I don't jungle, it's my worst role, and while I do this the new Summoner's RIft is beautiful, I don't like it because Riot seems very wishy washy in their graphic style lately. This new, smooth, foresty Rift, and then get these splash arts and champs that are drawn so crisp and out of place?

Also, not sure where, but I thought I read that the Summoner's Rift was a man-made, neutral battleground for all countries and factions to use, so why is it some mystical ancient-runey thing?

.... But that's really me splitting hairs, and it is certainly an improvement. I'm kind of liking the heavier importance on dragon, actually. Makes those fights more fun.
Yooo, just played several games. I'm NA--though have Nordic account too--and been playing since early season 4, so I'm still a noob, ha ha.

My thoughts on the new jungle... well, to be honest I didn't pay attention to stat changes because I don't jungle, it's my worst role, and while I do this the new Summoner's RIft is beautiful, I don't like it because Riot seems very wishy washy in their graphic style lately. This new, smooth, foresty Rift, and then get these splash arts and champs that are drawn so crisp and out of place?

Also, not sure where, but I thought I read that the Summoner's Rift was a man-made, neutral battleground for all countries and factions to use, so why is it some mystical ancient-runey thing?

.... But that's really me splitting hairs, and it is certainly an improvement. I'm kind of liking the heavier importance on dragon, actually. Makes those fights more fun.
Another NA player since season 2. The new summoner's rift is really pretty; I love all the creatures they added like the mouse thing haha. *^* I remember I was so confused by the extra shield on the inner tower haha. I read the patch notes but forgot about it so when I walked by, I was so confused why there was an extra animation and sound from the shielding.

The new jungle is interesting, but I've been a bit scared of trying it out. I occasionally play jungle when filling, but I've been working on improving my other lanes lately so I haven't jungled in the new SR. I've heard that it's pretty difficult for non-sustain junglers, so I'm a bit iffy of jungling unless I'm in a 5-man with my friends. My junglers are: Udyr, Fiddlesticks, Jax, Trundle, Vi, Kha'Zix, Pantheon, and Warwick. My favorite is Trundle (since I main him as a top laner). I think he'd be okay in the new jungle with his sustain, but his ganking potential is lacking unless the laners have decent cc.

@Ayeaka How's Jax jungling since he doesn't have that much built in sustain? Do you just have to back a lot?
Another NA player since season 2. The new summoner's rift is really pretty; I love all the creatures they added like the mouse thing haha. *^* I remember I was so confused by the extra shield on the inner tower haha. I read the patch notes but forgot about it so when I walked by, I was so confused why there was an extra animation and sound from the shielding.

The new jungle is interesting, but I've been a bit scared of trying it out. I occasionally play jungle when filling, but I've been working on improving my other lanes lately so I haven't jungled in the new SR. I've heard that it's pretty difficult for non-sustain junglers, so I'm a bit iffy of jungling unless I'm in a 5-man with my friends. My junglers are: Udyr, Fiddlesticks, Jax, Trundle, Vi, Kha'Zix, Pantheon, and Warwick. My favorite is Trundle (since I main him as a top laner). I think he'd be okay in the new jungle with his sustain, but his ganking potential is lacking unless the laners have decent cc.

@Ayeaka How's Jax jungling since he doesn't have that much built in sustain? Do you just have to back a lot?
Play League of Legends? Add me and send me a message (NA): YiXuan
Into cosplaying? Let's chat. :)
@Shadowdrgn
Haha, that list doesn't look too different from mine, sans my not being overly fond of Kha'Zix, but I've never been heavy on playing assassins.
If anything, it's easier now with Jax. (uhh rambling ahead/text wall, sorry about that.)

His first clear is rough without a good leash, but he's otherwise really no different from before. Typically Jax starts counterstrike/e in jungle anyway, so you mitigate a fair amount of damage by simply not being hit, and then stunning jungle mobs. You can level 2 gank with him, (requiring you to typically go e -> q,) but I personally find this painful with Jax, and so typically I gank at level 4 after e -> w -> w -> q.
(I would say level 2 ganks are only feasible on Jax if your lanes ALSO have some form of CC and decent burst, especially with new jungle doing a bit more damage than before, so you're possibly coming in to gank from 75% health. But cheese level 2 ganks are still very possible..)

Typically if things are going pretty slow, you can just clear the jungle twice before needing to back at all, but of course what's going on in the match effects that. I've actually been able to jungle Jax with ADC masteries and runes and no leash in a particularly horrible game where league refused to switch my masteries, though I wouldn't recommend that.

My typical path on Jax now starts me at krugs (Red side). The stun on auto from smiting them works wonderfully with Jax's attack speed passive, and lets me rush to clear red with very little damage done to me (especially with counterstrike.) Alternately, he can start at Gromp and use the poison to speed-clear jungle. The poison damage done to mobs attacking still applies even if Jax is 'dodging' attacks due to counterstrike. Starting Gromp is a bit safer (and means I will have smite back up to get health back at red brambleback) but it's better to start Krugs if I think the enemy might be wanting to steal my red. If I'm jungling against a Shaco, or someone else with insanely fast clear and steal potential, I'll actually start at the buff. Otherwise clear time is better starting Krugs for stun or Gromp for poison.

If the game permits, I still tend to rush a trinity on Jax before getting any sort of sustain for the jungle, since he typically doesn't need a BotRK until team fights start. If your team isn't needing many ganks, doubleplusgod; Jax still has a speedy clear and the 'free sustain' built in to jungle items is fantastic now.
That said, I typically go ranger's on Jax. He really isn't a counterjungler, and is vulnerable if caught out, so poacher's doesn't work very well on him. Logically skirmisher's should be decent on him, but I've found it's one of those things that doesn't work as well in practice. Same goes for stalker's blade. If Jax can't catch someone with counterstrike and leap strike alone, he has no business chasing them.
@Shadowdrgn
Haha, that list doesn't look too different from mine, sans my not being overly fond of Kha'Zix, but I've never been heavy on playing assassins.
If anything, it's easier now with Jax. (uhh rambling ahead/text wall, sorry about that.)

His first clear is rough without a good leash, but he's otherwise really no different from before. Typically Jax starts counterstrike/e in jungle anyway, so you mitigate a fair amount of damage by simply not being hit, and then stunning jungle mobs. You can level 2 gank with him, (requiring you to typically go e -> q,) but I personally find this painful with Jax, and so typically I gank at level 4 after e -> w -> w -> q.
(I would say level 2 ganks are only feasible on Jax if your lanes ALSO have some form of CC and decent burst, especially with new jungle doing a bit more damage than before, so you're possibly coming in to gank from 75% health. But cheese level 2 ganks are still very possible..)

Typically if things are going pretty slow, you can just clear the jungle twice before needing to back at all, but of course what's going on in the match effects that. I've actually been able to jungle Jax with ADC masteries and runes and no leash in a particularly horrible game where league refused to switch my masteries, though I wouldn't recommend that.

My typical path on Jax now starts me at krugs (Red side). The stun on auto from smiting them works wonderfully with Jax's attack speed passive, and lets me rush to clear red with very little damage done to me (especially with counterstrike.) Alternately, he can start at Gromp and use the poison to speed-clear jungle. The poison damage done to mobs attacking still applies even if Jax is 'dodging' attacks due to counterstrike. Starting Gromp is a bit safer (and means I will have smite back up to get health back at red brambleback) but it's better to start Krugs if I think the enemy might be wanting to steal my red. If I'm jungling against a Shaco, or someone else with insanely fast clear and steal potential, I'll actually start at the buff. Otherwise clear time is better starting Krugs for stun or Gromp for poison.

If the game permits, I still tend to rush a trinity on Jax before getting any sort of sustain for the jungle, since he typically doesn't need a BotRK until team fights start. If your team isn't needing many ganks, doubleplusgod; Jax still has a speedy clear and the 'free sustain' built in to jungle items is fantastic now.
That said, I typically go ranger's on Jax. He really isn't a counterjungler, and is vulnerable if caught out, so poacher's doesn't work very well on him. Logically skirmisher's should be decent on him, but I've found it's one of those things that doesn't work as well in practice. Same goes for stalker's blade. If Jax can't catch someone with counterstrike and leap strike alone, he has no business chasing them.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
@Ayeaka Wow, that's really detailed. Thanks! I'll give him a try soon. He was probably my most played jungler in the past other than Fiddles (my first jungler) and Trundle, though that's not saying much considering I didn't jungle very often. I've owned Kha'Zix for a while now, but I don't think I've actually played him in normals haha. He got reworked right after I bought him >->;; Like you, I'm also not big on assassins. He's the only assassin I own other than Nidalee haha.
@Ayeaka Wow, that's really detailed. Thanks! I'll give him a try soon. He was probably my most played jungler in the past other than Fiddles (my first jungler) and Trundle, though that's not saying much considering I didn't jungle very often. I've owned Kha'Zix for a while now, but I don't think I've actually played him in normals haha. He got reworked right after I bought him >->;; Like you, I'm also not big on assassins. He's the only assassin I own other than Nidalee haha.
Play League of Legends? Add me and send me a message (NA): YiXuan
Into cosplaying? Let's chat. :)
Welcome everyone! Feel free to add me in game: Garudamon.

@SkyeTerri
Hahaha. I don't even try to understand League lore anymore. It's a..... mess, to put it kindly. After they changed all the lore for the northern tribes?! I just had to sit back and just say: they're good at making stuff look cool, but they ain't good at writing or making sense of how all the cool people got together.
Welcome everyone! Feel free to add me in game: Garudamon.

@SkyeTerri
Hahaha. I don't even try to understand League lore anymore. It's a..... mess, to put it kindly. After they changed all the lore for the northern tribes?! I just had to sit back and just say: they're good at making stuff look cool, but they ain't good at writing or making sense of how all the cool people got together.
xWoPUjI.png
@Shadowdrgn
Sure thing! Yeah, I play Nidalee myself, though I favor her as a support. On that note, if you like supporting, Fiddlesticks makes a fantastic support as well, with his peel between that silence and fear. His passive also strips base resistances early, so he can get away with having no base AP (I actually run movement speed quints on him!) prior to picking up a spellthief's edge. (This actually makes him mesh decently with Varus, Corki, and Ezreal, due to the amount of magic damage they deal.)

My big issue with assassins is they don't work well for my mindset and play style. I can be aggressive, but I'm generally far more support minded. If I get the kill, fantastic. If I can choose between getting a kill or keeping two teammates from dying and letting them get the kill, I'll always choose the latter. Though I main support, so that's hardly surprising. There's a few assassins I genuinely enjoy playing, such as Nidalee and Akali (and...Poppy, if you want to play her that way. Or play her....at all.) The vast majority of other assassins however, I find I'd be much better served by just playing a more reliable AD or AP fighter that has a less severe failure state.

Fiddle wasn't my first jungler (Warwick was, followed by Nunu,) but he's certainly one of my favorite junglers. Good burst, solid utility, decent peel, and good sustain.
Of course, that he can solo Baron Nashor is a nice plus. I will happily stick him in any lane while the rest of my team thinks I'm insane. (He makes Katarina cry if you ever feel like sticking him in lanes he doesn't belong. :b )

@DigDog
Sure thing~ I'll add when I'm back for class. Always happy to have new people to flail about with.
@Shadowdrgn
Sure thing! Yeah, I play Nidalee myself, though I favor her as a support. On that note, if you like supporting, Fiddlesticks makes a fantastic support as well, with his peel between that silence and fear. His passive also strips base resistances early, so he can get away with having no base AP (I actually run movement speed quints on him!) prior to picking up a spellthief's edge. (This actually makes him mesh decently with Varus, Corki, and Ezreal, due to the amount of magic damage they deal.)

My big issue with assassins is they don't work well for my mindset and play style. I can be aggressive, but I'm generally far more support minded. If I get the kill, fantastic. If I can choose between getting a kill or keeping two teammates from dying and letting them get the kill, I'll always choose the latter. Though I main support, so that's hardly surprising. There's a few assassins I genuinely enjoy playing, such as Nidalee and Akali (and...Poppy, if you want to play her that way. Or play her....at all.) The vast majority of other assassins however, I find I'd be much better served by just playing a more reliable AD or AP fighter that has a less severe failure state.

Fiddle wasn't my first jungler (Warwick was, followed by Nunu,) but he's certainly one of my favorite junglers. Good burst, solid utility, decent peel, and good sustain.
Of course, that he can solo Baron Nashor is a nice plus. I will happily stick him in any lane while the rest of my team thinks I'm insane. (He makes Katarina cry if you ever feel like sticking him in lanes he doesn't belong. :b )

@DigDog
Sure thing~ I'll add when I'm back for class. Always happy to have new people to flail about with.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
1 2 3 4