Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Books About Dragons!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
May I suggest Seraphina by Rachel Hartman? (Also the sequel Shadow Scale, which I have not read).

It explores dragons in a new light while keeping many of the same traits that we'd expect from the winged beasts (incredible intelligence, greed, etc). Basically, the dragons take on human form, but struggle to uphold the peace treaty created between themselves and the humans. I really enjoyed it, even if the plot was a tad romance-heavy.
May I suggest Seraphina by Rachel Hartman? (Also the sequel Shadow Scale, which I have not read).

It explores dragons in a new light while keeping many of the same traits that we'd expect from the winged beasts (incredible intelligence, greed, etc). Basically, the dragons take on human form, but struggle to uphold the peace treaty created between themselves and the humans. I really enjoyed it, even if the plot was a tad romance-heavy.
33o1hr8.gif
@dormouse11 Added! Thank you!
@dormouse11 Added! Thank you!
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
@Skykast

The last dragon book i read was “Buried Fire" by Jonathan Strout.
It's a decent fantasy novel woth checking out if you ran out of reading material maybe ?
(sadly the characters lack a bit in depht).
@Skykast

The last dragon book i read was “Buried Fire" by Jonathan Strout.
It's a decent fantasy novel woth checking out if you ran out of reading material maybe ?
(sadly the characters lack a bit in depht).
tumblr_inline_nbax4xlrxv1qg78ij.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.giftumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
@pinkpyra Added! Thanks!
@pinkpyra Added! Thanks!
Do you like reading? Do you like dragons? Do you like reading about dragons? Then click HERE for a master list of Books About Dragons!
Bumping for NaNoWriMo!

If you don't think you can write a novel in a month, try reading some instead!
Bumping for NaNoWriMo!

If you don't think you can write a novel in a month, try reading some instead!
The Dragons of Blueland series by Ruth Stiles Gannet is phenomenally adorable. It's a series of shorter novels for kids from the 40s and 50s. The first one, My Father's Dragon, was one of my favorite books growing up and is still an entertaining yarn today. It's got the least amount of dragon in it, as the titular character doesn't show up until the end of the book. It's about a boy who runs away to an island of talking animals to rescue a baby dragon they've enslaved using nothing but household objects and his own cunning. The sequels (Elmer and the Dragon, The Dragons of Blueland) are about that dragon and his adventures with the boy who rescued him. The first book is available in a public domain version online here.
The Dragons of Blueland series by Ruth Stiles Gannet is phenomenally adorable. It's a series of shorter novels for kids from the 40s and 50s. The first one, My Father's Dragon, was one of my favorite books growing up and is still an entertaining yarn today. It's got the least amount of dragon in it, as the titular character doesn't show up until the end of the book. It's about a boy who runs away to an island of talking animals to rescue a baby dragon they've enslaved using nothing but household objects and his own cunning. The sequels (Elmer and the Dragon, The Dragons of Blueland) are about that dragon and his adventures with the boy who rescued him. The first book is available in a public domain version online here.
I know it's already been mentioned but because it's my favorite book series ever, The Dragonriders of Pern is incredibly extensive with the series visiting other parts of the world of Pern. And while Anne McCaffrey is now dead, her son, Todd McCaffrey is still writing and I think his name should be added as an author to the series... ;-; that way it's just easier for people to find more of those books if they go looking...
I know it's already been mentioned but because it's my favorite book series ever, The Dragonriders of Pern is incredibly extensive with the series visiting other parts of the world of Pern. And while Anne McCaffrey is now dead, her son, Todd McCaffrey is still writing and I think his name should be added as an author to the series... ;-; that way it's just easier for people to find more of those books if they go looking...
Zg8HMZC.png
@Scaradango Added! Thank you!

@KitChase you're right, I should have added his name too, so I fixed that. Thanks!
@Scaradango Added! Thank you!

@KitChase you're right, I should have added his name too, so I fixed that. Thanks!
Bumping for NaNoWriMo! The month is a third way through!
Bumping for NaNoWriMo! The month is a third way through!
@Skykast

I wish I had more titles to offer; any of the books like Dragon Haven or hobbit are what I have to mention.

Well, that and the Dragon Lance series but to be honest I dislike this series, for it makes Dragons almost synonymous for demons. If people still want stories with dragons in them, Dragon lance has well over thirty volumes spreading through arcs and stories. Just... be prepared for mediocrity.
@Skykast

I wish I had more titles to offer; any of the books like Dragon Haven or hobbit are what I have to mention.

Well, that and the Dragon Lance series but to be honest I dislike this series, for it makes Dragons almost synonymous for demons. If people still want stories with dragons in them, Dragon lance has well over thirty volumes spreading through arcs and stories. Just... be prepared for mediocrity.
QJXEL.gif IrhC8.gif 1oQKx.gif kcOrV.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18