Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ooooh, it burns - spicy foods!
1 2 3 4
Sriracha is my favorite, I will put it on everything. I actually don't really like most spicy foods, but I love sriracha.
Sriracha is my favorite, I will put it on everything. I actually don't really like most spicy foods, but I love sriracha.
I love Pho but I don't put the dark green peppers in. Learned that the hard way once.

I used to hate spicy food growing up. I would avoid restaurants that specialized in spicy cuisine for awhile. But then one day at an Indian Restaurant I ordered Chicken Curry and I loved it! Now I order it medium spicy and if I really want something a lot more spicy beforehand I also order the apollo fish appetizer. Naan and water or mango lassi counter out the spice.
I love Pho but I don't put the dark green peppers in. Learned that the hard way once.

I used to hate spicy food growing up. I would avoid restaurants that specialized in spicy cuisine for awhile. But then one day at an Indian Restaurant I ordered Chicken Curry and I loved it! Now I order it medium spicy and if I really want something a lot more spicy beforehand I also order the apollo fish appetizer. Naan and water or mango lassi counter out the spice.
sQ35KLV.png
Give me a prata and chicken curry any day :3 Or some naan with butter chicken, that might equate. Rendang, though o.o Just had some xD
Give me a prata and chicken curry any day :3 Or some naan with butter chicken, that might equate. Rendang, though o.o Just had some xD
LRGcw0O.gifnJTGYTQ.pngA0h640T.gif
I love spicy foods. I make awesome habanero salsa and I also have habanero powder for putting on everything. They're not spicy (for me) but I also like to eat chipotle peppers out of the can. I've recently been introduced to ghost peppers and make some amazing curry with it.

I'm so used to spicy food that I'm actually immune to tear gas. Just about the only thing I've found that's too hot for me is a straight up shot of pepper spray.
I love spicy foods. I make awesome habanero salsa and I also have habanero powder for putting on everything. They're not spicy (for me) but I also like to eat chipotle peppers out of the can. I've recently been introduced to ghost peppers and make some amazing curry with it.

I'm so used to spicy food that I'm actually immune to tear gas. Just about the only thing I've found that's too hot for me is a straight up shot of pepper spray.
I'm sensitive to spicy foods too. Actually I can't really have anything spicy, it'll activate my acid reflux and give me major heartburn. :^(
I'm sensitive to spicy foods too. Actually I can't really have anything spicy, it'll activate my acid reflux and give me major heartburn. :^(
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

No spicy food for me. It tastes good the first second, but makes me want to drink gallons of milk the next.
No spicy food for me. It tastes good the first second, but makes me want to drink gallons of milk the next.
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
I love spicy food and add Sriracha to just about anything. The best is when you make a pizza and you mix some into the pizza sauce and then put all your toppings on and bake. Omg it is the best pizza ever especially if you add hot peppers on top. Suffice to say it is a sinus clearer.
I love spicy food and add Sriracha to just about anything. The best is when you make a pizza and you mix some into the pizza sauce and then put all your toppings on and bake. Omg it is the best pizza ever especially if you add hot peppers on top. Suffice to say it is a sinus clearer.
get_back_to_work__by_lynntv-d6qzmy3.gif
@SavageDestiny, we had a favorite Indian place for awhile, we went there quite often. We realized just how much of a regular we were when the "mild" orders were clearly medium and the "mediums" HOT LAVA SPICY. :D

@birdytriangle, some foods are nothing more than Sriracha delivery devices.

@Alphaeon, that was me until I cut out gluten.
@SavageDestiny, we had a favorite Indian place for awhile, we went there quite often. We realized just how much of a regular we were when the "mild" orders were clearly medium and the "mediums" HOT LAVA SPICY. :D

@birdytriangle, some foods are nothing more than Sriracha delivery devices.

@Alphaeon, that was me until I cut out gluten.
coffee. need coffee.
@Moose

I bought some habanero powder from a local store, and I felt so bad for the girl who sold it to me. She looked like she wanted to cry when I asked for some, since they keep it in a large jar and transfer it to smaller ones for sales. She had to take it in the back and put on a mask and goggles to transfer it! It's delicious though.

@twitchy

I have a friend who likes spicy food even more than me, she can handle anything. Whenever we go to have Thai food, they can't make it spicy enough for her, so she makes them bring out the sauces/spices and adds more herself. The wait staff is always fluttering around nervously and trying to tell her she really shouldn't add more. xD
@Moose

I bought some habanero powder from a local store, and I felt so bad for the girl who sold it to me. She looked like she wanted to cry when I asked for some, since they keep it in a large jar and transfer it to smaller ones for sales. She had to take it in the back and put on a mask and goggles to transfer it! It's delicious though.

@twitchy

I have a friend who likes spicy food even more than me, she can handle anything. Whenever we go to have Thai food, they can't make it spicy enough for her, so she makes them bring out the sauces/spices and adds more herself. The wait staff is always fluttering around nervously and trying to tell her she really shouldn't add more. xD
zQ6DQTa.png
I live in the Southwest, so I've grown up on a diet of red and green chile. Late summer brings the smoky smell of fresh green chile from Hatch being roasted in parking lots, usually sold by the sack and taken home in plastic garbage bags to be skinned, seeded, and frozen for the year ahead. When i was in college, I went home at Thanksgiving every fall with a couple sacks of red chile pods rattling in the back of my car, ready to be rehydrated, then pureed and frozen for tamales, posole, and thick stews.
I live in the Southwest, so I've grown up on a diet of red and green chile. Late summer brings the smoky smell of fresh green chile from Hatch being roasted in parking lots, usually sold by the sack and taken home in plastic garbage bags to be skinned, seeded, and frozen for the year ahead. When i was in college, I went home at Thanksgiving every fall with a couple sacks of red chile pods rattling in the back of my car, ready to be rehydrated, then pureed and frozen for tamales, posole, and thick stews.
bHeX9bv.png
1 2 3 4