Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Familiar Bonding - Rewards and FAQ
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
By that I mean, if I had a familiar for one dragon, and then changed to another, what happens?
By that I mean, if I had a familiar for one dragon, and then changed to another, what happens?
Technically you can bond with awakened familiars every day and get "infinite" treasure from them if you bond every day?
Technically you can bond with awakened familiars every day and get "infinite" treasure from them if you bond every day?
Art shop Ich bin ein Berliner!
YqXDmJ2.png
17, speech and debate LD captain, US high school senior
[quote=Minyang]If you want to change a familiar, what happens? ... By that I mean, if I had a familiar for one dragon, and then changed to another, what happens?[/quote] @Minyang If you had one familiar on a dragon, and then took it off and replaced it with another, then you would be bonding with that other familiar (and not with the previous familiar). Also, the first familiar would then be available to be paired with a different dragon. For example, you could have a dragon named SomeDragon paired with a Psywurm, and have bonded with the Psywurm 10 times (in which case the Psywurm would be in the level called Tolerant). You could then take the Psywurm away from SomeDragon, and pair SomeDragon with a Fuiran. If [i]none[/i] of your dragons had ever bonded with a Fuiran, then the Fuiran would be in the level called Wary, with 0 days of bonding. SomeDragon could then bond with the Fuiran every day for as long as you like. Perhaps you keep the Fuiran with SomeDragon until the Fuiran is Awakened (the last bonding level, which gives you a gilded chest). You could then take the Fuiran away from SomeDragon, and pair a Psywurm with SomeDragon again. The Psywurm would still be Tolerant, because you have only bonded with it 10 times. After you take the Psywurm away from SomeDragon, you could just leave it sitting in your hoard, or you could pair it with any other dragon in your lair. If you choose to pair it with a dragon called AnotherDragon, then the Psywurm will still be Tolerant (because it already bonded 10 times with SomeDragon). You could then continue to bond with the Psywurm while it is with AnotherDragon. Each familiar can only bond once per day, so SomeDragon and AnotherDragon cannot [i]both[/i] bond with the Psywurm today. However, if SomeDragon bonded with the Psywurm today, AnotherDragon could continue bonding with it tomorrow. You would not loose any bonding time, but you would not be able to speed up the process either. If this was not what you wanted to know, please tell me, and I will try to answer your question again. [quote=Gaming4Lyfe]Technically you can bond with awakened familiars every day and get "infinite" treasure from them if you bond every day?[/quote] @Gaming4Lyfe That is correct. Mind you, "infinite" treasure is only 18,250T per year (per Awakened familiar), if you bond with that Awakened familiar all 365 days, but you [i]can[/i] carry on bonding with any familiar indefinitely.
Minyang wrote:
If you want to change a familiar, what happens?

@Minyang

If you had one familiar on a dragon, and then took it off and replaced it with another, then you would be bonding with that other familiar (and not with the previous familiar). Also, the first familiar would then be available to be paired with a different dragon.

For example, you could have a dragon named SomeDragon paired with a Psywurm, and have bonded with the Psywurm 10 times (in which case the Psywurm would be in the level called Tolerant). You could then take the Psywurm away from SomeDragon, and pair SomeDragon with a Fuiran. If none of your dragons had ever bonded with a Fuiran, then the Fuiran would be in the level called Wary, with 0 days of bonding. SomeDragon could then bond with the Fuiran every day for as long as you like. Perhaps you keep the Fuiran with SomeDragon until the Fuiran is Awakened (the last bonding level, which gives you a gilded chest). You could then take the Fuiran away from SomeDragon, and pair a Psywurm with SomeDragon again. The Psywurm would still be Tolerant, because you have only bonded with it 10 times.

After you take the Psywurm away from SomeDragon, you could just leave it sitting in your hoard, or you could pair it with any other dragon in your lair. If you choose to pair it with a dragon called AnotherDragon, then the Psywurm will still be Tolerant (because it already bonded 10 times with SomeDragon). You could then continue to bond with the Psywurm while it is with AnotherDragon.

Each familiar can only bond once per day, so SomeDragon and AnotherDragon cannot both bond with the Psywurm today. However, if SomeDragon bonded with the Psywurm today, AnotherDragon could continue bonding with it tomorrow. You would not loose any bonding time, but you would not be able to speed up the process either.

If this was not what you wanted to know, please tell me, and I will try to answer your question again.
Gaming4Lyfe wrote:
@Gaming4Lyfe

That is correct. Mind you, "infinite" treasure is only 18,250T per year (per Awakened familiar), if you bond with that Awakened familiar all 365 days, but you can carry on bonding with any familiar indefinitely.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
Just a question, is it possible that if you have a lot of familiars, is there an option to bond with them all in one go? Thanks.
Just a question, is it possible that if you have a lot of familiars, is there an option to bond with them all in one go? Thanks.
@Inkeairera

That is not possible, I'm afraid. One by one is your only option. If you want to try speeding it up a bit, you could check out either of these guides:

Efficient Familiar Bonding by CrimsonWerewolf - some tricks to speed up the process of clicking through all your familiars

Quick Familiar Bonding by ChroniclerCherry (inactive) - a handy trick for getting through the surplus familiars you have that aren't paired with dragons
@Inkeairera

That is not possible, I'm afraid. One by one is your only option. If you want to try speeding it up a bit, you could check out either of these guides:

Efficient Familiar Bonding by CrimsonWerewolf - some tricks to speed up the process of clicking through all your familiars

Quick Familiar Bonding by ChroniclerCherry (inactive) - a handy trick for getting through the surplus familiars you have that aren't paired with dragons
Oh okay, thank you for providing me with some guides. They work for me efficiently.
Oh okay, thank you for providing me with some guides. They work for me efficiently.
thank. you.
thank. you.
Kano3Shuuya.png
Sorry if this has been stated but if I have an awakened familiar and want nothing to do with it anymore so I give it away will the bestiary stay gray again? even if they were already awakened?

EDIT: Please do ping me if you have an answer :) Thanks!
Sorry if this has been stated but if I have an awakened familiar and want nothing to do with it anymore so I give it away will the bestiary stay gray again? even if they were already awakened?

EDIT: Please do ping me if you have an answer :) Thanks!
33636892.png
@Gewlduh

That's correct. If you don't have that familiar, the bestiary entry will be gray - even if the familiar reached awakened.
@Gewlduh

That's correct. If you don't have that familiar, the bestiary entry will be gray - even if the familiar reached awakened.
Thank you for the clarification :)
Thank you for the clarification :)
33636892.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11