Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [ How to Make a Hatchery Thread ]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
@Cinnaberry First off, I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Certain pokemon important events have been claiming much of my attention lately!

I actually don't have a note-by-note for you because I think what you are doing is great. I love your header style, the consistency of your colors, and your choice of a title symbol. I don't know that you need the contents section but it's not taking up too much space, so it's alright if you want to keep it.
@Cinnaberry First off, I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Certain pokemon important events have been claiming much of my attention lately!

I actually don't have a note-by-note for you because I think what you are doing is great. I love your header style, the consistency of your colors, and your choice of a title symbol. I don't know that you need the contents section but it's not taking up too much space, so it's alright if you want to keep it.
U3uWWAU.png
@icyfuzz
It's okay! I totally understand those important events. >>;

Ahh thank you so much though! That's good to hear. |D I'll just keep at it, then~!
@icyfuzz
It's okay! I totally understand those important events. >>;

Ahh thank you so much though! That's good to hear. |D I'll just keep at it, then~!
@icyfuzz
This is a wonderful guide to making hatcheries. It helped me organize mine a little better and add in a few things I was missing.
I tend to keep things as simple as possible, so my hatchery doesn't have a whole lot of sections and I'm not doing an auction feature or anything like that, but could you take a look at my hatchery and give me a few suggestions?
@icyfuzz
This is a wonderful guide to making hatcheries. It helped me organize mine a little better and add in a few things I was missing.
I tend to keep things as simple as possible, so my hatchery doesn't have a whole lot of sections and I'm not doing an auction feature or anything like that, but could you take a look at my hatchery and give me a few suggestions?
@Anyu

Be careful when linking to your hatchery - I prefer to use my ******* even if it's not my sig or profile, so I always know it's going to the right section of the hatchery. Speaking of which: you need to add a ******* to your sig, as direct linking there and in your profile is currently broken. =)
  • I don't think an ornate description of a tumblr is necessary - just a link will suffice.
  • Clever to put your genes right next to the color names on your upcoming breeding pairs.
  • Pretty, concise headers.
  • Your main logo is a little rough/distracting around the inside edge.
  • Very clean. Maybe too clean! Try adding an about or sold section at the bottom to personalize the hatchery a little bit.

Nice job!
@Anyu

Be careful when linking to your hatchery - I prefer to use my ******* even if it's not my sig or profile, so I always know it's going to the right section of the hatchery. Speaking of which: you need to add a ******* to your sig, as direct linking there and in your profile is currently broken. =)
  • I don't think an ornate description of a tumblr is necessary - just a link will suffice.
  • Clever to put your genes right next to the color names on your upcoming breeding pairs.
  • Pretty, concise headers.
  • Your main logo is a little rough/distracting around the inside edge.
  • Very clean. Maybe too clean! Try adding an about or sold section at the bottom to personalize the hatchery a little bit.

Nice job!
U3uWWAU.png
@9r7g5h

Same as with Anyu - be careful when linking! Use your ******* any time you link to your hatchery, not just for your sig and profile. This prevents the link from accidentally jumping your viewer down the page.
  • Try rounding off the corners of your banner. Don't have it just be a flat rectangle.
  • Try using a thin image rather than bold text for your headers.
  • Center your upcoming breeding pair images.

Looking good organization-wise, just needs a few more finished headers. I hope you do not mind that I replied here as I try to keep the information available to everyone. As far as my sig, I use Photoshop CS6, but you could also use GIMP or one of the online editors I mentioned in the guide. =)
@9r7g5h

Same as with Anyu - be careful when linking! Use your ******* any time you link to your hatchery, not just for your sig and profile. This prevents the link from accidentally jumping your viewer down the page.
  • Try rounding off the corners of your banner. Don't have it just be a flat rectangle.
  • Try using a thin image rather than bold text for your headers.
  • Center your upcoming breeding pair images.

Looking good organization-wise, just needs a few more finished headers. I hope you do not mind that I replied here as I try to keep the information available to everyone. As far as my sig, I use Photoshop CS6, but you could also use GIMP or one of the online editors I mentioned in the guide. =)
U3uWWAU.png
@icyfuzz

Thank you very much! I'll go make those changes. :)
@icyfuzz

Thank you very much! I'll go make those changes. :)
@icyfuzz
Just fixed mine up a little bit. ^^ boop!
Any suggestions? :o
@icyfuzz
Just fixed mine up a little bit. ^^ boop!
Any suggestions? :o
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
This is a really useful thread, and I think i'm going to want to reference it if/when I remake my own hatchery!

Is there any way I could give a nod of appreciation of some sort? Maybe a link to your hatchery from mine? (I wouldn't want to do something like this without permission!)
This is a really useful thread, and I think i'm going to want to reference it if/when I remake my own hatchery!

Is there any way I could give a nod of appreciation of some sort? Maybe a link to your hatchery from mine? (I wouldn't want to do something like this without permission!)
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@icyfuzz

Just wondering, how do you attach a link to your signature? I want my sig to like to my hatchery, like yours does, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any advice?
@icyfuzz

Just wondering, how do you attach a link to your signature? I want my sig to like to my hatchery, like yours does, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any advice?
@icyfuzz

Never mind! I figured it out! ^v^
@icyfuzz

Never mind! I figured it out! ^v^
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44