Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [ How to Make a Hatchery Thread ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44
@AshtaraSilunar
Actually I resize all my images manually in a paint program. If you want a quick way to get some small images of your dragons, visit Doomfishy's FR Signature Generator. It picks up some avatar-sized pictures that are already on FR's database. Just pick out the dragon IDs, then either copy the URL of the images that appear, or save and upload those images to an offsite hosting service.

@Darketernity Yes, you bought Chevron from me! :D I am glad you remember the hatchery and your experience so well. Thank you thank you!

@oneirodrakon
  • Put your banner above your welcome message.
  • Some parts of your welcome message can be condensed- for example, you do not need multiple lines to describe your DA. You can just link to it. However, I would put a DA at the end in an ABOUT section unless you are selling something from it. If you put it in an ABOUT section, you can keep the multiple lines of description. Same thing with the invitation for brainstorming partners.
  • I like the quote box for your updates!
  • Table of Contents - you do not need this.
  • On your FOR SALE section header, capitalize all the words like you would with a book title.
  • Don't need level in hatchling info unless you are specifically selling a L10+ Coliseum fighter.
  • Nice use of bar breaks.
  • It's okay to put the stuff in the quote box under "Price and Wishlist" above your FOR SALE section, especially if you trim down your welcome message to just 4-6 lines.
  • List prices on the hatchlings themselves, not in a separate list. Otherwise I have to scroll up and down to figure out what is what price.
  • Move your wanted stuff section to a new post, probably under UPCOMING.
  • Stuff in the quote box under "Hatchery" should be condensed and moved with the "Price and Wishlist" quote box stuff.
  • Put your "Studs and Studettes" with your UPCOMING pairs section and move all of that to a new post.
  • Put your rarest breeds (ex. ridgeback) and rarest genes at the top of your UPCOMING section. I usually organize my UPCOMING by date, but I do not have many breeding pairs. You may want to organize your color themes from most to least desirable after you've covered breeds and genes.
  • Move your eggs for sale to a new post.
  • Give your affiliates their own post.

You may have to make a new thread and you may take up almost the entire first page with your posts, but so long as they are full of content and your hatchlings are easy to find your customers should not mind. :) Nice job!
@AshtaraSilunar
Actually I resize all my images manually in a paint program. If you want a quick way to get some small images of your dragons, visit Doomfishy's FR Signature Generator. It picks up some avatar-sized pictures that are already on FR's database. Just pick out the dragon IDs, then either copy the URL of the images that appear, or save and upload those images to an offsite hosting service.

@Darketernity Yes, you bought Chevron from me! :D I am glad you remember the hatchery and your experience so well. Thank you thank you!

@oneirodrakon
  • Put your banner above your welcome message.
  • Some parts of your welcome message can be condensed- for example, you do not need multiple lines to describe your DA. You can just link to it. However, I would put a DA at the end in an ABOUT section unless you are selling something from it. If you put it in an ABOUT section, you can keep the multiple lines of description. Same thing with the invitation for brainstorming partners.
  • I like the quote box for your updates!
  • Table of Contents - you do not need this.
  • On your FOR SALE section header, capitalize all the words like you would with a book title.
  • Don't need level in hatchling info unless you are specifically selling a L10+ Coliseum fighter.
  • Nice use of bar breaks.
  • It's okay to put the stuff in the quote box under "Price and Wishlist" above your FOR SALE section, especially if you trim down your welcome message to just 4-6 lines.
  • List prices on the hatchlings themselves, not in a separate list. Otherwise I have to scroll up and down to figure out what is what price.
  • Move your wanted stuff section to a new post, probably under UPCOMING.
  • Stuff in the quote box under "Hatchery" should be condensed and moved with the "Price and Wishlist" quote box stuff.
  • Put your "Studs and Studettes" with your UPCOMING pairs section and move all of that to a new post.
  • Put your rarest breeds (ex. ridgeback) and rarest genes at the top of your UPCOMING section. I usually organize my UPCOMING by date, but I do not have many breeding pairs. You may want to organize your color themes from most to least desirable after you've covered breeds and genes.
  • Move your eggs for sale to a new post.
  • Give your affiliates their own post.

You may have to make a new thread and you may take up almost the entire first page with your posts, but so long as they are full of content and your hatchlings are easy to find your customers should not mind. :) Nice job!
U3uWWAU.png
this is really helpful, thank you!
this is really helpful, thank you!
@icyfuzz
This is nicely done. Would it be okay if I add this to the resources and guides link post?
@icyfuzz
This is nicely done. Would it be okay if I add this to the resources and guides link post?
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
@icyfuzz - Darn. I was really hoping there was an easier way to do that than an external program. Thanks though, this is super helpful! I may be back for hatchery advice, I'm sloooowly turning my sales thread into an actual hatchery page.
@icyfuzz - Darn. I was really hoping there was an easier way to do that than an external program. Thanks though, this is super helpful! I may be back for hatchery advice, I'm sloooowly turning my sales thread into an actual hatchery page.
Lyra Cadens Hatchery specializes in x/gold/gold dragons and Imps.
27854.png763257.png2963874.png3555695.png4278588.png
@Salmastryon Feel free to add it, thanks. :)
@Salmastryon Feel free to add it, thanks. :)
U3uWWAU.png
@icyfuzz - I was playing with the signature generator you linked to, and I figured out that it uses the same preview images that lair pages do. So a workaround to get miniature images in posts is to right click on the dragon and copy the image url, and paste that into the bbcode image url tag.

Edit: The same thing can be achieved by deleting the "_350" from the end of the .png name and changing "rendern/350/" to "rendern/avatars/".
@icyfuzz - I was playing with the signature generator you linked to, and I figured out that it uses the same preview images that lair pages do. So a workaround to get miniature images in posts is to right click on the dragon and copy the image url, and paste that into the bbcode image url tag.

Edit: The same thing can be achieved by deleting the "_350" from the end of the .png name and changing "rendern/350/" to "rendern/avatars/".
Lyra Cadens Hatchery specializes in x/gold/gold dragons and Imps.
27854.png763257.png2963874.png3555695.png4278588.png
@icyfuzz I've open up a new thread as you suggested [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=969360&page=1&anchor=1701677#1701677]here's the link[/url] [list] [*]I kept my hatchery description quote box since I feel that it is a different information all together. But if you recommend that my revamped hatchery could still have the two combined, please do help me and guide me on how I could do so efficiently. [*]I do so just like you had advised, giving each section a post of its own [*]I hope it is alright to keep the Price and Wishlist section, to which I change the title to PAYMENT & WISHLIST [/list] Any more improvement to make? Please help me pin point them out, I thank you with all the sincerity, you really helped me profoundly in terms of making a hatchery thread 0u0
@icyfuzz
I've open up a new thread as you suggested

here's the link
  • I kept my hatchery description quote box since I feel that it is a different information all together. But if you recommend that my revamped hatchery could still have the two combined, please do help me and guide me on how I could do so efficiently.
  • I do so just like you had advised, giving each section a post of its own
  • I hope it is alright to keep the Price and Wishlist section, to which I change the title to PAYMENT & WISHLIST

Any more improvement to make? Please help me pin point them out, I thank you with all the sincerity, you really helped me profoundly in terms of making a hatchery thread 0u0
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
@AshtaraSilunar Nice. Glad you figured a way to it. :)

@oneirodrakon It is much neater and easier to get through now. I do not have any specific comments. Good job. :D
@AshtaraSilunar Nice. Glad you figured a way to it. :)

@oneirodrakon It is much neater and easier to get through now. I do not have any specific comments. Good job. :D
U3uWWAU.png
@icyfuzz
yay!! Thank you so much!!

um sorry for the sudden change though, I added a line for quick jumping to different post, is that alright to do?

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=969360
I will be adding a "Back to TOP" within each post as well, if this is alright to do, since I do agree it's a bit too much to scroll through the whole page =u='
@icyfuzz
yay!! Thank you so much!!

um sorry for the sudden change though, I added a line for quick jumping to different post, is that alright to do?

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=969360
I will be adding a "Back to TOP" within each post as well, if this is alright to do, since I do agree it's a bit too much to scroll through the whole page =u='
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
@oneirodrakon That seems like a good idea when your UPCOMING section is so long. The "back to top" is a great idea too!
@oneirodrakon That seems like a good idea when your UPCOMING section is so long. The "back to top" is a great idea too!
U3uWWAU.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44